Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spawn

+8
prescribeddrone
Rath99
Astro13Zombie
Esbat
Ben Akers
Administrator
Sci-Fi
potatojoe
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Spawn - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:08 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:
Only one came back, but I hold off on saying which.
Fair enough.

I'm going to guess Malebolgia. He's been a major player more than Angela's every-once-in-a-while cameos, and the legal issues with her character would be put on the burner again.

Well..
Spoiler:

27Spawn - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:32 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I wound up getting the Jim Lee cover. Anyone else?

I got 4 of them, mostly to sell on ebay hopefully.

I got the Greg one, The Lee one, Todd and Finch.

The book was worth it content wise, but lacked story development.... nothing really happened. The art was good though.

28Spawn - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:39 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:The book was worth it content wise, but lacked story development.... nothing really happened. The art was good though.

I wouldn't say nothing happened. Alot actually happened, but it might not have been delivered in a way that had the impact it should have.

29Spawn - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:49 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's a good way to put it. Anyway, I was curious about the ending so I'll check out #201 and the art looks awesome. I miss the David Hine style of the book. I also want Mammon back Smile

30Spawn - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:55 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:That's a good way to put it. Anyway, I was curious about the ending so I'll check out #201 and the art looks awesome. I miss the David Hine style of the book. I also want Mammon back Smile

I can't speak for his work on Spawn, but Hine's run on Azrael has been abysmal. I'd be reluctant to pick up another title with him at the helm.

I'm debating on continuing after this issue. I picked it up when Al died and this new Spawn came onboard, but it hasn't wowed me. I'm not sure it'd be a title I'd miss if I didn't pick it up next month.

31Spawn - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:19 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, I had it on pull list but I dropped it, but it's not like it will sell out so I can pick it up whenever. I caught up with what happened since issue #100 in 2007- read the Armageddon trade and Hines run was better than his Azrael stuff, Spawn was more of a horror book with a self-hating character.

But yeah Endgame and up has not wowed me either. And Spawn was my main book in 1998/1999 when I had like 10 dollars for a few books every few months Laughing

32Spawn - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:41 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:But yeah Endgame and up has not wowed me either. And Spawn was my main book in 1998/1999 when I had like 10 dollars for a few books every few months Laughing

Heh, back when Spawn first came out, I remember not buying school lunch so I had some money for comics Laughing

33Spawn - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:56 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:
Only one came back, but I hold off on saying which.
Fair enough.

I'm going to guess Malebolgia. He's been a major player more than Angela's every-once-in-a-while cameos, and the legal issues with her character would be put on the burner again.

Well..
Spoiler:
Seriously...? Man, McFarlane will not relent on the Ghost Rider story snatching.

That sounds just like what Jason Aaron took Johnny Blaze through by having him take on all
Spoiler:

34Spawn - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:01 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I havent really read Spawn in years. I picked up #200 today. I went with the McFarlene.

35Spawn - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:12 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
That sounds just like what Jason Aaron took Johnny Blaze through by having him take on all
Spoiler:

That was Daniel Way, not Jason Aaron.

36Spawn - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:23 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's right! Whoops. Aaron came in at the end, didn't he.

37Spawn - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:07 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah Aaron wrote the second half or so of the series.

Anybody read 201? I like the new direction they're taking things.

38Spawn - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:52 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I read 201. I think I'll see how this arc plays out and then decide if I'll be sticking with it

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum