Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice League: Cry For Justice

+18
Aussiemandias
Bigtymin504
Batman25JM
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
shiky800
BlueMaxx
jaydee74
Rath99
Chi-Town Spidey
blue halo
The Ignored One
Esbat
shining knight
Metal Misfit
prescribeddrone
Administrator
Joshua
Debaser77
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:05 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:well i am happy this is over. the story wasn't good and i am not happy at all with what green arrow did at the end. i thought the kill at the end was stupid and i hope GA gets it from everyone else like wonder woman did a few years back when she killed max lord
I'm thinking that's what the whole "Rise and Fall" is going to be about.

102Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:06 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
shiky800 wrote:well i am happy this is over. the story wasn't good and i am not happy at all with what green arrow did at the end. i thought the kill at the end was stupid and i hope GA gets it from everyone else like wonder woman did a few years back when she killed max lord
The difference is that they may not know he's done it. I'm not sure that they'll find out at least in the shorter term.
And I take that comment of mine back because in the ads for Rise and Fall it looks like it's sparked off by Ollie revealing to the others what he did.

103Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:37 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Jl-rf_covers_100c1_02

104Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:02 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Nope. I gotta back up my man Batman here on this one. Alan's ring is different enough from the rings of the GL Corps that it should be shown as such on page. I happen to like his ring design better. I think it's a lazy artist who just thinks that since Alan is called Green Lantern he assumes that the ring is the same. That is what the editor is there for. To tell the artist that no. Alan's ring is different than Hal's ring. It's lazy like this entire series was.

don't know

We see this kind of thing all the time though. Variations in Wolvie's claws, Batman's cowl, Jimmy Olsen's bowtie, etc, etc.. but no one harps on those. I think if this series was better received, people probably wouldn't be making such a big deal out of it because you'd be more interested in talking about the story. But since you guys didn't like it, it just kind of seems like you're looking for anything to rip into.

I agree that this wasn't an amazing story, but there's been far worse released recently. I'm still surprised over how much venom this is towards this title. But hey, you can't please everyone.

105Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:11 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Well, things like Jimmy's bow tie and Batman's cowl can be easily explained as different outfits. Batman can have more than one suit, and I'm willing to bet that Jimmy owns a few different bow ties. I'll give you Wolverine's claws, and that does bug me, but to me that is a little bit more due to artist interpretations. I'd love it if Marvel came up with a standard for them (provided I like the standard), but whatever. I just can't buy artist interpretation for Alan's ring. His ring is supposed to be different from the other, and someone should have caught the mistake.

106Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:17 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^Well, things like Jimmy's bow tie and Batman's cowl can be easily explained as different outfits. Batman can have more than one suit, and I'm willing to bet that Jimmy owns a few different bow ties. I'll give you Wolverine's claws, and that does bug me, but to me that is a little bit more due to artist interpretations. I'd love it if Marvel came up with a standard for them (provided I like the standard), but whatever. I just can't buy artist interpretation for Alan's ring. His ring is supposed to be different from the other, and someone should have caught the mistake.

Well, if this ring is one of the bigger offenders, then I guess the rest of the issue couldn't be too bad tongue

107Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:29 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, I wasn't expecting much out of the issue so it couldn't let me down. The ring just really bugged me because it was an unnecessary error.

108Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:39 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As a Green Lantern fan, I usually pick this up and it annoys me when something as simple as not getting the ring right annoys me. I'll give you example of another time when the artist in my opinion was just lazy. In one an issue of Nightwing when he's getting his new headquarters in New York set up, John Stewart was there helping out. The artist had him in a costume that he hadn't worn in about 10 years. Even his hair style was dated. It's lazy. As an artist, these people should be looking at the tiny details. That's what they do. It's what having and artistic eye is about.

I didn't like this series but even if I did, I think not doing Alan's ring right just lazy on the artist's part.

109Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:22 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hear you guys, and as an artist I don't disagree. I just find it funny how vocal you guys are about it which I think is amped by your overall opinion of the series.

110Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:23 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

The plot of this seemed a lot like the 3 or 4 times they have riffed on the whole "Batman has a contingency plan for all the heroes in case they go bad but of course it goes wrong" story.

And as far as the deaths and maimings go, it seemed over the top. I thought we were passed all the women in refrigerators style of shock value storytelling. At least I had hoped that.

111Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:09 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I hear you guys, and as an artist I don't disagree. I just find it funny how vocal you guys are about it which I think is amped by your overall opinion of the series.
Actually, part of the reason I am vocal about it for a few reasons:

1. I am also an artist and understand the importance of the fine details.
2. As a fan of Green Lantern in all it's forms, I know it's a stupid mistake when you put a GL Corps style ring on Alan. Simple as that.
3. I wasn't a fan of so much of the art in this last issue as a whole

This is just one thing in a lot of things that made this series a bad read. As a Alan Scott fan though, it pisses me off. The man has been around since 1940. Do a little research. How hard is it to find out that Alan's ring is different?

Alan Scott Power Ring:
Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 DSCN9083

Green Lantern Corps Power Ring:
Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Homebrewgreenlanternring
Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 300px-Green_Lantern_Power_Ring

Big Difference.

112Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:41 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I hear you guys, and as an artist I don't disagree. I just find it funny how vocal you guys are about it which I think is amped by your overall opinion of the series.

Personally, little things like that, when I notice them, bug me. That and Alan Scott actually has a surprisingly large following (such as on 4chan - Mention "willpower" and the thread immediately becomes an Alan Scott thread--I kid you not. I've done this numerous times). This type of mistake would make his fans rage incessantly, regardless of what they thought of the series. That said, his ring is so distinctive, to get something wrong like that is pretty silly. It's like Cyclops having blue optic blasts, or Superman being blonde. It throws you off when you see it, regardless of the series.

113Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:54 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's all well and good.. all I'm saying is, next time Wolvie's claws look different than the last issue there better be a fucking lynch mob on here Laughing

114Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:16 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Heh... the difference there is, there's no clear answer for what Wolvie's claws look like. Some people draw the pig stickers, some draw the straight blades, some draw them more like claws.

Alan Scott's ring is Alan Scott's ring. It shouldn't be up for debate or artistic interpretation.

And I'm not reading this series NOR am I a fan of Alan Scott.

115Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:22 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

LordD3r3k wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:OK I gsve issue #7 a shot. Should have just left well enough alone. Mediocre at best.

Judging this issue alone, what exactly made it mediocre?

The entire mini just didn't meet the expectations that the first issue gave me. Didn't care for it at all, and I don't think I'll be getting the rest of Robinson's Justice League run.

116Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:51 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:The entire mini just didn't meet the expectations that the first issue gave me. Didn't care for it at all, and I don't think I'll be getting the rest of Robinson's Justice League run.

So this is more about the overall mini, and not the specific issue? That's kind of what I'm getting at. I understand the complaints about the series, but what made this issue so mediocre to everyone? Or is everyone just judging by the overall series?

117Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:55 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Heh... the difference there is, there's no clear answer for what Wolvie's claws look like. Some people draw the pig stickers, some draw the straight blades, some draw them more like claws.

Alan Scott's ring is Alan Scott's ring. It shouldn't be up for debate or artistic interpretation.

And I'm not reading this series NOR am I a fan of Alan Scott.

I know, I know.. and again, I do agree. My theory is the editor just let it go due to the delays.

118Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Very possible. But really... it's our job as fans to point our finger and jump up and down if anyone involved in the creative process is phoning it in :cough:Greg Land:cough:

119Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:The entire mini just didn't meet the expectations that the first issue gave me. Didn't care for it at all, and I don't think I'll be getting the rest of Robinson's Justice League run.

So this is more about the overall mini, and not the specific issue? That's kind of what I'm getting at. I understand the complaints about the series, but what made this issue so mediocre to everyone? Or is everyone just judging by the overall series?

I'm judging both the overall series and the last issue.

The series was aimless for the longest time and then it seemed to jam the main story into the last few issues. The ending was just standard comic book fare. We've seen cities destroyed before. We've seen loved ones hurt/killed causing a character to go over the edge. It was just very "been there, done that". Also, as someone said earlier, there was no emotional connection to the city being destroyed. It was just sorta happening. I don't think it was dealt with enough. It felt very glossed over.
Spoiler:

120Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:58 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Spoiler:

Yeah I hear you on that one. That also surprised/confused me. But maybe there's more here than it seems..

121Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:47 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Spoiler:

Yeah I hear you on that one. That also surprised/confused me. But maybe there's more here than it seems..

I was thinking that myself, guess we'll find out in Rise and Fall.

122Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:52 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DickGrayson007 wrote:I was thinking that myself, guess we'll find out in Rise and Fall.

Indeed. There's already been some thing happening there which lead me to believe this is the case

123Justice League:  Cry For Justice - Page 5 Empty Re: Justice League: Cry For Justice Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:19 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I honestly didn't read your guys' opinions on this, because I'm sure it is mutual with my own.

BlueMaxx's Justice League: Cry for Justice #7 review: "What the Hell was that?"

BlueMaxx's Justice League: Rise and Fall review: "Knew I shouldn't have grabbed this."

Seems like James Robinson has made it his schtick to be the Grim Reaper of DC, if not comics in general. He killed so many, pointlessly. Let's kill Lian, because child death is shocking and...good writing/story and/or character-development?

Somebody's going to pull Prometheus out of the "ashes" because THAT was a definite waste of a character. Although, throughout the title I felt he was nothing more than a killing machine, not the methodical villain he was so supposed be. Move over Doomsday. Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum