Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Doom Patrol and Metal Men

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Doom Patrol and Metal Men Empty Doom Patrol and Metal Men Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:13 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I finally decided to give the book a shot because of Giffen is writing Doom Patrol, and thus the writing is phenomenal, and the art by Matthew Clark and Livesay is superb.

The Metal Men second feature, done by the terrific triumvirate of Dematteis, Giffen, and Maguire, is everything I ever loved about JLI and the Not The Justice League books featuring a rambunctious cast of characters that DC really needed to mine a bit more (pun intended).

I honestly feel like Doom Patrol IS what Ultimate Fantastic Four or Ultimate X-Men was supposed to be whenever Ellis or Millar wasn't writing 'em. Dark with good characterization and really fuckin' "outthere" concepts while Metal Men is a series I can feel safe in sharing with non-comic readers to draw them into this four color hobby.

In other words, pick this book up! Its 2 for the price of one, and its only 2 issues in. Be there or be square!

http://realityfugitives.com/

2Doom Patrol and Metal Men Empty Re: Doom Patrol and Metal Men Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:23 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

he speaks the truth folks it is that good

3Doom Patrol and Metal Men Empty Re: Doom Patrol and Metal Men Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:18 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My god this gets better and better all the time...

Danny the street!!!!

and Ambush bug next issue?!?

4Doom Patrol and Metal Men Empty Re: Doom Patrol and Metal Men Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:27 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:My god this gets better and better all the time...

Danny the street!!!!

and Ambush bug next issue?!?

Yeah, that's what's keeping me with this book. I do hate how Metal Men is not featured anymore. It was a pretty funny and a nice change of pace.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum