Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Book Buys -- What Did You Get?

+21
potatojoe
Hannibal king
Frank M. Reding
boberthavok
comicgeekelly
supervenom
deadbolt85
Batman25JM
Sapphire Gypsy
pumkinheadfan
flux336
Combo Mo
Esbat
tstrike99
MikeSabian
THALASTDRAGON
Off_White_Lantern
jaydee74
Aussiemandias
Metal Misfit
BlueMaxx
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Thu May 06, 2010 9:39 pm

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

I picked up the 9/11 reports at a yard sale for 25 cents. I also got the Jungle Book for a dollar at another.

27Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Mon May 10, 2010 1:19 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just finished reading the first two Dresden Files books:

Storm Front
Full Moon

I love this series. It's very interesting and I like the characters and the explanations of magic. Very well done and highly recommended.

28Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Thu May 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Got this yesterday as an early birthday present:

Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 N150910

29Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:55 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Won this on Ebay the other day:
Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Unity

30Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:48 am

Frank M. Reding

Frank M. Reding
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I picked both of these up at Half Price Books over the weekend for $5.00. They are both in excellent shape.

Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 ThisIsOrsonWellesBook Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Cover_book%5C2006%5C0099462613

31Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:32 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Today:

Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Sea-monsters

32Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:41 pm

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Yesterday I got Black Sun Rising by C. S. Friedman. I've wanted to read this series for a while and finally found the paperback at my local Borders.

33Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:59 am

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

I just got ROmacne of the Three Kingdoms volume 1. It should keep me busy with it's near 700 pages

34Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:19 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Ordered these the other day:

Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 9780765355188Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 200px-Bsg-cylonsecret-book

35Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:47 pm

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

more Warhammer 40K from Black Library: Enforcer by Matthew Farrer. I been waiting for this one for a long time!

36Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:30 pm

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Today I picked up Tales of Heresy from the Black Library, Gardens of the moon by Steven Erikson, and The Neverending Story by Michael Ende.

37Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

Bit of a fan for Rick Riordan. So picked up The Red Pyramid (the Kane Chronicles)

38Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:28 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Picked up:

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl who Played with Fire....waiting for The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest to be released in paperback.

39Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:05 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I finally got The Last Town on Earth in the mail today. I really don't know anything about it, but it's summer reading for a college class.

40Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:29 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Today at Half Price Books I picked up Severance Package by Duane Swierczynski and Lemons Never Lie by Richard Stark aka Donald Westlake.

41Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:46 pm

flux336

flux336
Zombie
Zombie

I bought Peter Pan for my nephew

42Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:41 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

And Another Thing... by Eoin Colfer

43Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:40 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

picked these up at a rummage sale:

Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Web_125_thumbBook Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 038072816801LZZZZZZZ

44Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:18 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I picked up Stephen King's Night Shift and The Running Man.

Night Shift is hard to put down!

45Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

I got all the Sookie Stackhouse True blood books from a bookclub around a year ago maybe more. I had a lot of reading to get to and just finished Dead and Gone the 10th book in the series (one is a set of short stories). Anyway I was at the bookstore two days later and saw Dead In The Family the newest Charlaine Harris book. Picked it up and am enjoying it.

Now once its done I will have a year wait for the next lol.

Last edited by Off_White_Lantern on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

46Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:15 am

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Don't you hate that? I cant stand being able to read all the books in a series and then having to wait for the next one! It drives me nuts! Of course you can't wait another ten years or whatever to read all the next books! Of course you're gonna pick up the new one when it comes out!

47Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:47 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:I got all the Sookie Stackhouse Trublood books from a bookclub around a year ago maybe more. I had a lot of reading to get to and just finished Dead and Gone the 10th book in the series (one is a set of short stories). Anyway I was at the bookstore two days later and saw Dead In The Family the newest Charlaine Harris book. Picked it up and am enjoying it.

Now once its done I will have a years wait for the next lol.

I only read them in paperback, so usually when I get the new (to me) book in the series, the hardcover for the next one is already out. It's a pain avoiding spoilers, though.

48Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:56 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Picked these up today at a local library for $.50 a piece! Very Happy
Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 001-3

49Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:04 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

superdoug wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:I got all the Sookie Stackhouse Trublood books from a bookclub around a year ago maybe more. I had a lot of reading to get to and just finished Dead and Gone the 10th book in the series (one is a set of short stories). Anyway I was at the bookstore two days later and saw Dead In The Family the newest Charlaine Harris book. Picked it up and am enjoying it.

Now once its done I will have a years wait for the next lol.

I only read them in paperback, so usually when I get the new (to me) book in the series, the hardcover for the next one is already out. It's a pain avoiding spoilers, though.

I get some books in hardcover because I cant wait a year for them to come out in sc. I get a lot of books through book clubs and they are almost all hardcovers. Really the book clubs charge about what a soft cover costs once its all said and done.

I also buy off Ebay and get some good deals that way.

50Book Buys -- What Did You Get? - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Buys -- What Did You Get? Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:06 am

flux336

flux336
Zombie
Zombie

I just picked up The Short Stories of Oscar Wilde. I'm still searching for The Picture of Dorian Gray. It's the POP! Reads Book for October

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum