Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batgirl

+10
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Kupocat
Chi-Town Spidey
Spider_Fan14
Batman25JM
superdoug
jaydee74
Ben Akers
Esbat
Metal Misfit
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:20 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Yeah, this was a really good issue. This book is one of DC's best kept secrets.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

27Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batgirl #6

I absolutely LOVED it. This really is one of DC's best books.

I think that Bryan Q. Miller writes the best Damian. A lot of times I hate Damian (especially when Morrison writes him), but Miller's Damian rocks.

28Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:02 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really dig the Robin/Batgirl interplay from the cartoons and the Batgirl Year One comics but seeing this new generation's Robin and Batgirl have this more brother-sister/tom and jerry dynamic is FANTASTIC! The interrogation scene is pure genius.

http://realityfugitives.com/

29Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:46 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:I really dig the Robin/Batgirl interplay from the cartoons and the Batgirl Year One comics but seeing this new generation's Robin and Batgirl have this more brother-sister/tom and jerry dynamic is FANTASTIC! The interrogation scene is pure genius.

I completely agree. I love the brother/sister dynamic. I want to see more of Robin in this book.

30Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:47 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#6 was a great issue. The interactions between Damian & Steph as well as Babs & Dick were both well done. Really enjoyable stuff

31Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:49 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote: I loved when the guy (I can't think of his name) says that he'll talk to Steph when she loses the creepy Omen kid, and then the next panel Damian's standing there like Damien (the Omen kid). I laughed SO hard.

Yeah, that was hysterical

32Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:35 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #7 was quite good. I just love the Batgirl/Robin dynamic. Honestly, to date Bryan Q. Miller writes my favorite Damian. I hope we get to see more of Robin in this book soon.

I can't wait for the next issue. It's going to be awesome.

33Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:52 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think this is a pretty decent book. Stephanie is quite a likable character.

34Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:54 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought the last couple of issues were a bit better than this one, but still interested in seeing what comes next.

35Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:52 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:I really dig the Robin/Batgirl interplay from the cartoons and the Batgirl Year One comics but seeing this new generation's Robin and Batgirl have this more brother-sister/tom and jerry dynamic is FANTASTIC! The interrogation scene is pure genius.
I loved it.

36Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:07 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batgirl #8

Loved it. I loved the interplay between Red Robin and Batgirl. They are two of my favorite DC characters, and I love seeing them together (I still wish they were a couple again, but whatever).

I LOVED that Tim's code was Robin183. It was a nice little nod to Robin having 183 issues.

The only minor problem I had with the issue was the guest artist. The art wasn't horrible, but it was a little rocky/sketchy and I didn't like that.

37Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:11 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought this issue was good as well. I'm convinced now that Stephanie makes a great Batgirl.

38Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of Batgirl #8 and Red Robin #10 is up on the main site

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=20547

39Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:34 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batgirl #9

I really enjoyed this. I just love seeing Steph continue to grow into the role, while still not being perfect.

The Calculator has me intrigued.

So, you guys think that Wendy will be brought into the fold within the next few issues?

I have to say that I LOVED, just LOVED the cover. I loved it so much that I'd say it's probably in my top 10 or 20 favorite covers ever.

40Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:48 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:So, you guys think that Wendy will be brought into the fold within the next few issues?

I think that, after they've beaten the Calculator (which Wendy will be key in doing), Wendy will probably take over Barbara's spot for Steph. I say this because Barbara is in the BOP series that's coming out, and it's felt like they've been gearing Wendy towards replacing her, perhaps for all the juvenile heroes that are out there.

Honestly. It would make sense for Barbara to have an extra hand, and Wendy is the logical choice to be Oracle Junior for the sidekick set.

41Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:29 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^That would make sense, though I do hope that Barbara is still around at least a little. I like the dynamic between her and Stephanie.

42Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:12 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hate the fact that it's another arc with Babs fighting the Calculator, because we saw that for about 2 years straight during the end of Birds of Prey, but at least this time is seems abit more twisted and interesting.

I just hope they don't fall back into that repetitive hole again.

43Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:01 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Since I have yet to read the end of the last BoP book it doesn't really bug me that they are using the Calculator.

44Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:05 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta agree. Although I like Babs and the Calculator going at it. It's just a good matchup but I don't want to see it ALL the time.

45Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:33 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I gotta agree. Although I like Babs and the Calculator going at it. It's just a good matchup but I don't want to see it ALL the time.

Right? I get that he's the villainous counterpart to Oracle, but it's time to move on abit

46Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:36 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ agreed

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

47Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:42 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just don't really have a problem with a frequently reoccurring villain, especially if the writing is good. I mean, in Dini's stuff on Batman (Detective Comics and Batman: Street of Gotham) he keeps bringing Hush in, and that's fine because it's entertaining. This book (Batgirl) has been fun since the first issue, and I have no doubt that the rest of this arc will be good. I actually think it's almost more fun when you have a villain that just won't go away. It's kinda how it would be as long as the villain was alive. They'd never stop trying to get the hero.

48Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:59 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I still cant stand Steph though

49Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:37 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't mind Steph. I think I like her a bit more because of the mentoring of Barbara. Without Babs, this book would not be as good simply because I don't think Stephanie is strong enough of a character to carry her own book. Having said that, while I like seeing the same villain in the same book over and over and over again, I do like villains that continue the pursuit. Still, I don't need it for EVERY issue because you know we're going to see the Calculator in Birds of Prey when that starts up and soon The Calculator will be showing up in books more than Wolverine and Deadpool combined.

50Batgirl - Page 2 Empty Re: Batgirl Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:37 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think Babs is the only reason I keep reading it. haha

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum