Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ask About It. (Get info on comics from other P.o.P!ers.)

+10
prescribeddrone
Aussiemandias
rwe1138
blue halo
Joshua
Esbat
shining knight
Rath99
Ben Akers
BlueMaxx
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:Firebreather is fantastic, but Phil said that Andy just couldn't handle it as a monthly, so future books will be a series of minis. But there is more coming, as well as the animated flick.
That's cool. That one out of the two was the one I was really thinking of getting because it isn't too far in. Also, it seems they are going The Perhapanauts' past route with the mini idea. Which, as far as the series is going now, may return to that idea. Perhapanauts is still great, though.

Joshua wrote:
shining knight wrote:
What flaws were in 52? I didn't spot any
The most glaring was the fact that while 52 was initially conceived and advertised as explaining what took place in the year the continuity skipped over for OYL, it didn't actually explain anything in a year's time. All of the changes that occurred in OYL took place in the last two weeks of 52, rather than taking the course of a year to develop. Other problems it had were the fact that it introduced things without ever explaining them, like giant Hawkgirl. These things didn't keep me from enjoying the book. There were several plot threads that I took great pleasure in and it's the only weekly comic I've stuck with for the year's haul. Still, there's no denying that what 52 became is vastly different from what it started out to be.
I get that. For all the main titles, their stuff was explained in their own books OYL within the first, if not a couple, stories of their titles. But, to me, those aren't flaws of 52, but of advertisement. It did, though, explain, in a sense, what the DCU was going through during that year.

Also, giant Hawkgirl was explained. The Zeta Beam causes atomic anomalies if the beam is disrupted or malfunctions. That was what the whole fusion between Cyborg and Firestorm was about, Alan losing his eye, and some other things in that catastrophe.

shining knight wrote:
my fave strand of 52 (which no one will be shocked by) was the ralph Dibny story
I liked The Question, of course Wink, but Booster's adventures were probably my favorite.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

speaking of the question I remembered making this

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

blue halo wrote:
Good to know... What with the many starts and stops (to read other things) I'm FINALLY near finishing 52. So, the general consensus is to skip Countdown altogether?
Totally! I think someone else said it above, after enjoying 52, Countdown managed to put me off weekly comics from DC enough to completely avoid Trinity. I think it is very difficult to produce quality regularly on such a short turnaround and I think DC even admitted they lost it during Countdown and had to redirect the storyline about halfway through.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well I was just reading about how DC is actually a half-year to 2 years, average, ahead of what is being released right now. I always seem to forget that about the big 2.

shining knight wrote:speaking of the question I remembered making this

You fucking rock, Shiny!

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I also made a huge five part vid involving ralphs portion of 52

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How's Ultimate Marvel Teamup? It sounds good. Is it filled with action?

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ah, yes, the birth of Ultimate Marvel Universe. I remember borrowing and reading the Spider-Man story about when he tried to join the FF as a reinvention for the universe. Seemed kind of fun. My buddy really liked it. 'Course he hates the Ultimate Marvel U. as of now. Heh. Each one is sometimes a different writer/artist team, which adds to the extra-different story each ish. Might be hard to find in floppy but not in tpb.

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My question: I recently purchased a sealed copy of Superman #500 and don't know whether or not I should open it. I know it isn't worth much and I really want to read it, but something is saying I should leave it.

What would you do?

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Look for a downloadable version. :P

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Look for a downloadable version. :P

I didn't know that could be done

I'll look for one, thanks

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Which edition of #500 do you have? If it is the silver cover (Collector's Edition) with the "S" symbol, it is only worth $3 NM/M in its polybag. Black with "S" symbol(Platinum Edition), polybagged, I'm not sure.

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Which edition of #500 do you have? If it is the silver cover (Collector's Edition) with the "S" symbol, it is only worth $3 NM/M in its polybag. Black with "S" symbol(Platinum Edition), polybagged, I'm not sure.

Its in the white bag with 'S' symbol, I only spent £3 on it

I might just cave in and open it

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anyone here ever read The Alcoholic by Jonathan Ames? I'm wondering how it is.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:Which edition of #500 do you have? If it is the silver cover (Collector's Edition) with the "S" symbol, it is only worth $3 NM/M in its polybag. Black with "S" symbol(Platinum Edition), polybagged, I'm not sure.

Its in the white bag with 'S' symbol, I only spent £3 on it

I might just cave in and open it
That's a fair trade, then. I was looking at a grade that was unofficial, as in it was most likely lower because the site online store tends to have much lower on things with the deals. But ya, the reader in me would give in, but I understand collectors.

comicgeekelly wrote:Anyone here ever read The Alcoholic by Jonathan Ames? I'm wondering how it is.
I thoroughly enjoyed this. It may deter some because he talks and gets into his attraction to certain men in his life. Not that that makes you a homophobe, it is just that some might find it not of their interest & unrelatable. He gets into sexual exploits with people in general, though. It goes further than just his relationships too. And, this, and the many of his problems, is a result of his alcoholism, but, in a way, is why he drinks. The cycle of this is very intriguing. I recommend it. I've actually been hunting his other writings, which is difficult to find. It is b&w, but the illustrations really give off a vibe of--how I put it--a beautifully pathetic story. Or was it pathetically beautiful? Heh. Wink

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^^ Thanks. That is going onto my Christmas list for sure now.

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

I have a good question! I have been looking for a complete collection of all 31 issues of KISS: Psycho Circus in trade form. I see alot of the old smaller OOP volumes on E-bay and what have you, but I was wondering if anyone has heard if Image will be re-issuing this run in one big volume? Or should I just pursue getting the older volumes? Any feedback will be helpful! Thanks Very Happy

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Although minute with the fandom of the comics, I've only read good feedback from the comic series. That I could find. But ya, the trades alone are difficult to get. There's no sign of a renewing trade format, and, when even trades are scarce, they can be worth something too. I'm not saying you'll be wielding Miracleman trades or anything, but it'd be cool to have a good read and something sought after if the first part doesn't work out for you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum