Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

So what's the general concensus..

+14
Metal Misfit
Silent K
Spider_Fan14
Mnemosis
Rath99
Batman25JM
shining knight
Administrator
Thundermatts
blue halo
Esbat
The Ignored One
Aussiemandias
LordD3r3k
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1So what's the general concensus.. Empty So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:26 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

..on review type threads? I mean, I enjoy the write-up's you guys do on the home page, so I dont want to steal anyone's thunder. But I think having a thread here also for books makes it easier to talk about.

Not that every book that came out that week needs it's own thread.. But if theres certain issues I want to talk about, is making a thread for them kosher, or do the PTB prefer to keep things generalized on this side?

2So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:45 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd be keen also to post in review threads but as LordD3r3k says only if it's cool with people.

3So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:45 am

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

LordD3r3k wrote:..on review type threads? I mean, I enjoy the write-up's you guys do on the home page, so I dont want to steal anyone's thunder. But I think having a thread here also for books makes it easier to talk about.

Not that every book that came out that week needs it's own thread.. But if theres certain issues I want to talk about, is making a thread for them kosher, or do the PTB prefer to keep things generalized on this side?

I'm not a mod or anything, but I say go for it. Especially if you aren't doing every frigging issue that comes out, and have something inciteful to say.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

4So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:50 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Ignored One wrote:I'm not a mod or anything, but I say go for it. Especially if you aren't doing every frigging issue that comes out, and have something inciteful to say.

Which is what I'm sure they'll say, but y'know.. I'd like to start things off right if I'm going to post here regularly Laughing Wink

5So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:58 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just gave a bit of a schpiel about this:

Esbat wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:So can we have review threads here made? We needs to discuss our Wednesday buys/reads! Or we can comment on the reviews on the main site. As long as we discuss comics, it'll probably create even more traffic.
You all can make threads about weekly floppy releases or you can just comment on the reviews we do throughout each week.

If you want to see more daily reviews by all means tell us! We're always looking for feedback. And the nice thing is ya'll know us and we post here daily at all hours thanks to my insomnia and Tomer's habitation of the Promised Land.

Although I always thought it'd be more efficient to make like a "Title" Thread instead of an per issue thread. This way you can have "Official Batman Thread" "Official Invicible Thread" "Official Thunderbolts Thread" and poof no empty threads needlessly posted. One shots, events, and minis can have their whole own threads if need be. How's that sound?

http://realityfugitives.com/

6So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:02 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:..on review type threads? I mean, I enjoy the write-up's you guys do on the home page, so I dont want to steal anyone's thunder. But I think having a thread here also for books makes it easier to talk about.

Also note that reviews on the site itself are part of the site's content that the staff put up that actually circulate onto google news and other RSS aggregators. Its content not covered by our weekly columns and features.

Feel free to discuss and make threads for reviews.

http://realityfugitives.com/

7So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:57 am

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Ya, having a ton of issue review threads can get a bit cumbersome. A per title review thread seems better here.

8So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:57 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh shit.

9So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:59 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Please don't bring up anything about a reviews forum...

I suggest making a weekly post with the list of books coming out that week (Marvel books on the Marvel forum, for example) and let any discussion/review flow from there on. Just start with the title of the issue you're talking about so people will avoid it if they don't want to be exposed to spoilers, but also put a spoiler warning appropriately.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

10So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:03 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

tomers is the way to go we do that on another site I go on

oh and not to spam the board up with this but what the opinion on doing a out this week type thing in the general board. Its so hard to keep straight the books I get without one of those

11So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:12 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Please don't bring up anything about a reviews forum...

I suggest making a weekly post with the list of books coming out that week (Marvel books on the Marvel forum, for example) and let any discussion/review flow from there on. Just start with the title of the issue you're talking about so people will avoid it if they don't want to be exposed to spoilers, but also put a spoiler warning appropriately.

That seems like it would get cluttered. There are a TON of books that come out in a week, and to try to navigate a thread that has reviews for maybe a dozen (or more) books would get annoying. Having a Batman thread, a X-Men thread, etc. seems like it would be easier.

12So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:13 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:oh and not to spam the board up with this but what the opinion on doing a out this week type thing in the general board. Its so hard to keep straight the books I get without one of those

Yeah, I'd like that too. It definitely helped getting prepared for Wednesday and knowing what to look for. Perhaps RWE would still be good enough to do it here?

13So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:16 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:That seems like it would get cluttered. There are a TON of books that come out in a week, and to try to navigate a thread that has reviews for maybe a dozen (or more) books would get annoying. Having a Batman thread, a X-Men thread, etc. seems like it would be easier.

That's why I suggested just making a thread for that specific title you want to talk about and not everything that came out. I mean, if no one bought Cap'n Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters, then you're not going to see a thread about it. But if I want to talk about Green Lantern #45, and someone wants to talk about Green Lanterns best rogues, that's all supposed to be lumped into a general Green Lantern thread? That would get annoying in my opinion.

14So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:17 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Tomer Soiker wrote:Please don't bring up anything about a reviews forum...

That seems like it would get cluttered. There are a TON of books that come out in a week, and to try to navigate a thread that has reviews for maybe a dozen (or more) books would get annoying. Having a Batman thread, a X-Men thread, etc. seems like it would be easier.

Not everyone reads all the Batman books or all the X-men books. The thread will get cluttered with people talking about different books at the same time.

15So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:18 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:Not everyone reads all the Batman books or all the X-men books. The thread will get cluttered with people talking about different books at the same time.

Exactly.

16So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:19 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:That seems like it would get cluttered. There are a TON of books that come out in a week, and to try to navigate a thread that has reviews for maybe a dozen (or more) books would get annoying. Having a Batman thread, a X-Men thread, etc. seems like it would be easier.

That's why I suggested just making a thread for that specific title you want to talk about and not everything that came out. I mean, if no one bought Cap'n Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters, then you're not going to see a thread about it. But if I want to talk about Green Lantern #45, and someone wants to talk about Green Lanterns best rogues, that's all supposed to be lumped into a general Green Lantern thread? That would get annoying in my opinion.

I agree.

17So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:20 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

Yeah, that might be the way to go, making a thread for the title/issue you want to talk about. It would keep from having a thread about a book no one read. However, it still might work to have a general thread for the overall comic, and have it be for conversation about the comic (and not discuss things like a favorite rogue or something like that). Though, I still like the idea of a separate thread for each issue. It'd keep it easier to know what issue was being discussed.

18So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:22 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:
Not everyone reads all the Batman books or all the X-men books. The thread will get cluttered with people talking about different books at the same time.

True. Maybe then we should have a separate thread for each book. Have a Batman thread, a Batman & Robin thread, a Detective Comics thread, etc.

19So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:26 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay, after giving this some more thought, my vote goes to just having a separate thread for each issue, but not make a thread for each book comes out, just the ones people want to talk about (so in other words, LordD3r3k's idea).

20So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:33 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

21So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:06 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I don't know what the big hate-on for reviews is for, but a per title thread in the appropriate forum (Marvel titles in Marvel, DC in DC, etc.) is the best way to go. Besides, as a consumer of the Comics Industry, having access to reviews of titles by other consumers of said industry is a great asset. Would probably draw more people to the forum. Its how I ended up on WUMB in the first place.

22So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:47 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I would be MOST in favor of one thread per title:

Batman [Review thread]
Batman & Robin [Review thread]
Detective Comics [Review thread]

So on and so forth. Now, if you just want to talk about a title in general, and not specific issues, do your own thread. That's fine.

Next best, in my opinion, is a thread for each issue, as people feel the need to talk about it. Can it get cluttered? Absolutely, which is why I'd try to keep it to a thread per title. But I can understand if people want to keep issues separate.

As for what's coming out each week... www.midtowncomics.com has the best, most comprehensive list on the net. I visit them weekly, and I recommend others do the same. But if there's really a demand, maybe one of us will just start posting that list here.

23So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:07 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i'm kinda in favor of indvidual title thread and another thread for minis, or even a family grouping like one Superman family thread, one Batman family, an Avengers family, Hulk, ect.

24So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:44 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Ugh...

*resigns and takes the boards down with him*

25So what's the general concensus.. Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:07 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Tomer Soiker wrote:Ugh...

*resigns and takes the boards down with him*
It'll be okay. Do you need a hug?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum