Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

So what's the general concensus..

+14
Metal Misfit
Silent K
Spider_Fan14
Mnemosis
Rath99
Batman25JM
shining knight
Administrator
Thundermatts
blue halo
Esbat
The Ignored One
Aussiemandias
LordD3r3k
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:33 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Ugh...

*resigns and takes the boards down with him*
what's wrong?

27So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:50 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Tomer doesn't like review threads for some reason.

28So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:48 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm in favor of starting a thread if you have something to say. Not fifty fucking threads made by Shiky where forty nine of them never have one comment.

29So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:32 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:I'm in favor of starting a thread if you have something to say. Not fifty fucking threads made by Shiky where forty nine of them never have one comment.

I appreciated what Shiky did. It helped generate conversation. Also, a good majority of the threads did have comments.

30So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:07 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

It's funny that the people who claimed that the review threads back at WUMB cluttered the forums and eventually called for a separate reviews forum, suddenly support the individual issue route.

Obviously I'm not resigning (I was kidding) but it doesn't feel good being King Cole*, really.

(* Damn! shining knight is going to wet his pants seeing this reference.)

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

31So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:41 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

One Discussion/Review thread per title...

32So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:26 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I just thought of something... If we are going for the topic-per-title route, maybe it's best to put a nailed thread (locked) in each comics forum where me or the other Admin/Mods will add a link to each new thread so people will have access to them easily even when they're gone from the first page. I still don't like the topic-per-title/issue ways because people will eventually complain about them (that's my problem, not the actual existence of review threads), but this way we can keep the forums in peace and tidier.

33So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:14 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

I've never understood why people get so upset about review threads myself. Those that do complain usually don't participate anyway. It's just like when people complain about games or wrestling threads, if you don't like them, skip over them.

For the sake of not agitating the easily agitated, I suppose I agree that all discussion concerning issues from a certain title belong in one big thread.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

34So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:15 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Obviously I'm not resigning (I was kidding) but it doesn't feel good being King Cole*, really.

And thats why being a mod sucked ass in the wumb tomer

(and I did tomer finally an injoke I can appreciate!)

35So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:07 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Consensus - A view or opinion that is generally shared.

I win. And I spelled it right. Wink

36So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:31 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:It's funny that the people who claimed that the review threads back at WUMB cluttered the forums and eventually called for a separate reviews forum, suddenly support the individual issue route.

(* Damn! shining knight is going to wet his pants seeing this reference.)

I always like the individual issue model. It makes it easiest to know what issue everyone is talking about. For me, it was never really that those threads were cluttering things up, it was that they were getting pushed down out of sight by other threads and people forgot about them. If we only make threads for issues we want to talk about then there won't be as many and it shouldn't be a problem.

37So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:11 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:I would be MOST in favor of one thread per title:

Batman [Review thread]
Batman & Robin [Review thread]
Detective Comics [Review thread]

So on and so forth. Now, if you just want to talk about a title in general, and not specific issues, do your own thread. That's fine.

Next best, in my opinion, is a thread for each issue, as people feel the need to talk about it. Can it get cluttered? Absolutely, which is why I'd try to keep it to a thread per title. But I can understand if people want to keep issues separate.

As for what's coming out each week... www.midtowncomics.com has the best, most comprehensive list on the net. I visit them weekly, and I recommend others do the same. But if there's really a demand, maybe one of us will just start posting that list here.

I would like someone to post the books that come out for the week. Rob's weekly posting on WUMB always helped me put my list together

38So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Anyone can take this chore on himself (if they have time) by using Midtown Comics or Diamond's website. The only problem with the latter is that they publish the final release list only on Tuesday. I know that most of us at PoP! use Midtown.

39So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:44 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

potatojoe wrote:
I would like someone to post the books that come out for the week. Rob's weekly posting on WUMB always helped me put my list together
Ask and ye shall receive.

Last edited by rwe1138 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

40So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:50 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well don't. The powers that be have already asked Shiky not to. They said they're going to figure something out that won't clog the boards with useless crap no one looks at. will keep everyone happy.

41So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:51 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Thundermatts wrote:Well don't. The powers that be have already asked Shiky not to. They said they're going to figure something out that won't clog the boards with useless crap no one looks at. will keep everyone happy.
What Po-Joe and I are talking about aren't reviews. It's a weekly thread listing what books are shipping.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

42So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:59 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that seems cool. LOL. although as Tomer said, isn't there like a million places online to find it, but I can see why it'd be convienant to have one here.

43So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:40 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

It can't be found, but for a long time at WUMB Rob have posted the list every week for the benefit of the WUMBers. That's a good tradition we're welcoming here.

44So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:25 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
potatojoe wrote:
Ask and ye shall receive.
Thanks for doing that!

45So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:21 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I come here for 3 reasons:

1. The Reviews, in which many of you have seen the ones I posted first with small horribly written paragraphs underneath and silly scores...

2. Shiky's list of "who buys what"...I love showing what an A-hole I am by buying every Marvel book and every Batman/Superman/Green Lantern book there is and being broke and loving it?!

3. The "Trades" post that was like 80 threads deep...I loved it...I used to write so many silly reviews on there that I'm suing WUMB for losing all my work, those jerks!

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

46So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:23 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You come here for stuff that was on WUMB? I'm so confused!

47So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:08 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Wumb is no longer. So it's the Not-So-Secret Invasion.

*evil laugh*

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

48So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:38 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

*Readies the Nukes* Like we werent prepared for this.

49So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:00 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Is it okay to occassionally start a thread about a Vertigo title in the DC area (eg. the amazingly good Unwritten) or did you guys want to set something up like you have with the regular DC books? It's just that I don't think the Vertigo books have as big a readership as the main DC books so I was just thinking a thread here and there would be okay without needing to do what you've done with the main books.

50So what's the general concensus.. - Page 2 Empty Re: So what's the general concensus.. Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:53 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

What sets Vertigo books apart from the DC ones? Start a D&R thread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum