The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ultimate Marvel

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 11]

101 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:56 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:
I don't know about you guys but I sort of think these Ultimates books could do with separate threads. I don't think this is ideal having them all together like this.

I would much prefer separate threads for the Ultimate books, but I don't want to start another board wide argument. Very Happy

devil

View user profile

102 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:41 am

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
UCSM #8

This month's UCSM delivers an invigorating finish to the 2-part Ultimate Powers teen/action redux. Like many other reviewers on the web have said, the appearance by the Serpent Squad does appear a little Landesque in terms of their mere sexuality; for such a spunky teen book like UCSM, this instance comes off a little awkward. Regardless, Bendis' script meshing juvenile humor and naive wonder does the trick. It's now fair to say this book is always good.

3.5/5 B&B - The art isn't as polished as last issue, departing from the Manga style that fantastically emulated the styling of Lafuente.

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

103 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:02 am

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #8

LOVED it. I'll never get over how much I love the interplay between Spidey, Iceman, and Human Torch. It's just great. I could read an entire arc of them just sitting at the dinner table talking. Iceman's attraction to the snake women was hilarious.

That last page was just fantastic. Again, I LOVE the interaction between those three.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

104 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:40 am

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #8

LOVED it. I'll never get over how much I love the interplay between Spidey, Iceman, and Human Torch. It's just great. I could an entire arc of them just sitting at the dinner table talking. Iceman's attraction to the snake women was hilarious.

That last page was just fantastic. Again, I LOVE the interaction between those three.
Totally agreed. I can't get enough of those three. The name picking scene was hilarious: "The Sentry", "The Transporter", "The Human Leaper" Laughing
It was funny how Bendis took a little jab at the speculation of how Marvel will introduce Marvelman too.

Looking forward to seeing the new Ultimate Nova again...like Spidey said it will probably be at the least convenient time...

View user profile

105 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:49 am

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #8

LOVED it. I'll never get over how much I love the interplay between Spidey, Iceman, and Human Torch. It's just great. I could read an entire arc of them just sitting at the dinner table talking. Iceman's attraction to the snake women was hilarious.

I skimmed this issue and it made me smile. Just not sure how much I like the art. The story however is fantastic.

View user profile

106 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:46 am

Tom

Ninja
Ninja
I think that Ultimate Spider-Man will mark my return into buying Marvel comics. Any word on a trade or HC of this series?

View user profile

107 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:49 pm

Tom

Ninja
Ninja
ok.... now I'm confused.
I was looking @ Marvel's site and see several "Ultimate Spider-Man" trades.
So this Ultimate Spider-Man #8 part of a new "volume" or something?

View user profile

108 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:50 pm

Tom wrote:ok.... now I'm confused.

Yeah, Marvel restarted the entire Ultimate line after Ultimatum. They're now called "Ultimate Comics" instead of just Ultimate. For example, this is "Ultimate Comics Spider-Man" not "Ultimate Spider-Man".

View user profile

109 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:00 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Jango Fett wrote:
Tom wrote:ok.... now I'm confused.

Yeah, Marvel restarted the entire Ultimate line after Ultimatum. They're now called "Ultimate Comics" instead of just Ultimate. For example, this is "Ultimate Comics Spider-Man" not "Ultimate Spider-Man".

What Jango said.

The entirety of Ultimate Spider-Man is already available in trade. The first Ultimate Comics Spider-Man HC (which collects the first 6 issues) comes out next week I believe.

View user profile

110 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:57 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Ultimate X #2

Well I'm still on board and Loeb hasn't scared me off yet so that's a good thing! I kind of liked how Jean had immersed herself and everyone around her into this identity with them all believing she'd lived there for a few years. I didn't actually buy how everyone found her based on 1 photo on Facebook but that wasn't really a huge deal. At the end of the day this isn't really anything all that original because I'm definitely starting to get a "let's get the band back together" feel to this but, at the end of the day, that's what this was always going to be.

And Art Adams artwork is always nice to look at.

View user profile

111 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:06 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Ultimate X #2

I really really liked this issue. It's nice to see Loeb doing some good books again.

I agree this had a sorta "let's get the gang back together" vibe, but I love that kinda stuff so it was all good.

View user profile

112 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:44 pm

Spider_Fan14

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I read the first ish of Loeb's New Ultimates book and I thought it was pretty good and I really liked TOny Stark's narration. The new and improved Defenders were cool but my main complaint of the ish would be the appearance of Loki, specificly his costume. Too Silveragey to me. The Cho art was pretty good too.

A funny thing happened when I was buying this. The clerk at my LCBS was talking to this guy next to the place where the comics were and the guy noticed me getting this and a book before and after picking this up and he asked what I had when he saw me picking this up and I told him what. The Clerk, whos a cool guy, said it was pretty good and he knows what I like, which he does since he has a bunch of my books on his own pulllist.

View user profile

113 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:24 am

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Ultimate Comics Enemy #3

I really liked this. LOVED Iceman in this issue. He kicked some ass, as did Fury. The art was fantastic. That shot of Bobby icing up was amazing. And it looks like I was right about Ben somehow being involved.

View user profile

114 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:11 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:Ultimate Comics Enemy #3

I really liked this. LOVED Iceman in this issue. He kicked some ass, as did Fury. The art was fantastic. That shot of Bobby icing up was amazing. And it looks like I was right about Ben somehow being involved.
Oh yeah you're right for sure. Looks like Ben is transforming into something else. I'm interested to see next issue the reveal of just what the hell is going on. Nick Fury's scenes with Carol Danvers were pretty good too.

I think this has been a good little mini. Kind of sneaky without much fanfare about it. Still wondering if Reed's really dead though.

View user profile

115 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:04 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^Yeah, I'm wondering if Reed id really dead as well. I hope not.

View user profile

116 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:48 am

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
UC Avengers #6 was alright, the ending was a bit lackluster. I like Millar for the most part but I doubt that I'll get into "UC Avengers 2", if it's good I might get the trade when I see it used for 50% off.

View user profile

117 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:44 am

Debaser77

Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven
^ Yeah that ending was kinda ho-hum for me, which is a shame, because that story started out fantastic. Millar's never really been great at endings, though, so I wasn't too surprised. Pacheco's art was gorgeous as always, though.

------------------------------------
Hell has frozen over...I am now on the Twitter at http://twitter.com/Debaser77

View user profile

118 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:40 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #9

Loved it as per usual. This really is THE Spidey title right now.

I never thought I'd be saying this a year ago, but it's great to have Lafuente back. I've grown to really love his style.

I loved the thing with Peter's hair, and it being the reason for the rounded head. I did prefer his old haircut, but it'll be nice to not have a Charlie Brown headed Spidey anymore.

I'm curious about Spider-Woman. I really love the Ultimate version, and I'm glad she's back. I'm just confused. I thought she was a lesbian. I mean, she's a clone of Peter, and has his urges. She's basically a boy trapped in a girl's body. It was shown she had feelings for MJ. It seems that Peter is wondering about this as well since he was shocked that Jessica made out with Johnny. I wonder if they really made out. I hope that Jessica is indeed gay. I just think the idea of a her struggling with her identity since she feels like a boy is a fun one. Maybe if she did make out with Johnny she did it because she thinks that's what she should do. Maybe she's trying to play a the part of a "normal girl".

Ultimate Comics: Avengers #6

I liked this fine. It wasn't as good as previous issues, but I didn't hate it. The art was great.
Spoiler:

The two things that I didn't really care for were the fact that Red Skull was killed. He was an interesting character, and I wanted to see more of him. The fact that he's Steve's son could have been explored more. The other thing I didn't really like was the fact that Fury put the events of the book into motion. I know the whole do anything necessary isn't a new quality, but I don't like the idea that he did this.

View user profile

119 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:54 am

Debaser77

Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven
UCSM #9 was FANTASTIC, but I'm still not a fan of the art. I'm glad they finally
Spoiler:
got rid of Pete's ridiculous haircut.

------------------------------------
Hell has frozen over...I am now on the Twitter at http://twitter.com/Debaser77

View user profile

120 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:06 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
UC CA #6

2.5/5 Sam Jack Furies - Disappointing finale

UC SM #9

4/5 Mutant Hating Clone Kisses - Slowly turning into one of my favorite books; never thought I'd say that

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

121 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:01 pm

kidspider2099

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Aussiemandias wrote:Ultimate X #2

Well I'm still on board and Loeb hasn't scared me off yet so that's a good thing! I kind of liked how Jean had immersed herself and everyone around her into this identity with them all believing she'd lived there for a few years. I didn't actually buy how everyone found her based on 1 photo on Facebook but that wasn't really a huge deal. At the end of the day this isn't really anything all that original because I'm definitely starting to get a "let's get the band back together" feel to this but, at the end of the day, that's what this was always going to be.

And Art Adams artwork is always nice to look at.

I finally got this and i liked it. Art adams is one of the best people to draw hot ladies.

View user profile

122 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:01 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #9

Loved it as per usual. This really is THE Spidey title right now.

I never thought I'd be saying this a year ago, but it's great to have Lafuente back. I've grown to really love his style.

I loved the thing with Peter's hair, and it being the reason for the rounded head. I did prefer his old haircut, but it'll be nice to not have a Charlie Brown headed Spidey anymore.

I'm curious about Spider-Woman. I really love the Ultimate version, and I'm glad she's back. I'm just confused. I thought she was a lesbian. I mean, she's a clone of Peter, and has his urges. She's basically a boy trapped in a girl's body. It was shown she had feelings for MJ. It seems that Peter is wondering about this as well since he was shocked that Jessica made out with Johnny. I wonder if they really made out. I hope that Jessica is indeed gay. I just think the idea of a her struggling with her identity since she feels like a boy is a fun one. Maybe if she did make out with Johnny she did it because she thinks that's what she should do. Maybe she's trying to play a the part of a "normal girl".

Ultimate Comics: Avengers #6

I liked this fine. It wasn't as good as previous issues, but I didn't hate it. The art was great.
Spoiler:

The two things that I didn't really care for were the fact that Red Skull was killed. He was an interesting character, and I wanted to see more of him. The fact that he's Steve's son could have been explored more. The other thing I didn't really like was the fact that Fury put the events of the book into motion. I know the whole do anything necessary isn't a new quality, but I don't like the idea that he did this.

Agreed about USM #9, I freakin love this book. The way Gwen, Kitty, and MJ cornered Pete was hilarious lol. And I'm loving everything going on with Spider-Woman and Kitty. Bendis and Lafuente are doing top notch work here.

UCA #6 was decent. I liked that the new Wasp got her revenge, and the twist with Fury at the end.

View user profile

123 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:16 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
UC Avengers #6

Debaser77 wrote:^ Yeah that ending was kinda ho-hum for me, which is a shame, because that story started out fantastic. Millar's never really been great at endings, though, so I wasn't too surprised. Pacheco's art was gorgeous as always, though.

I actually didn't mind the ending at all. I'm not sure what else people wanted and I thought it made perfect sense that Laskov did what she did at the end given her history. In fact, I actually found it refreshing that they killed off a villain like this. Maybe I've been reading comics too long but there's a side of me that sometimes becomes tired of villains returning over and over again. Perhaps it's not such a bad thing that once in a while someone in the Ultimate Universe says "you know what, I don't think I'm going to take the chance that this lunatic is going to come back to haunt us". Considering what the Red Skull did to Laskov's family she would have been itching to kill him. Additionally, when you consider this is meant to be a black ops team you would expect that they handle things a bit differently to the norm.

But, hey, it is comics. You never know when someone's truly dead.

One issue I did have was with the art. If anyone thinks Pacheco's art looked good here I suggest they compare it to the first few issues. It went completely downhill after about issue #4 which I'm willing to be was the point where he started running behind schedule. Look at the first 2 issues - the beauty of the art totally supported the big panel approach - I don't believe it was even close to that quality by the end of the story arc. I think this is starting to become a bit of a common thing (I believe Hitch's quality dropped significantly in the second half of Captain America Reborn).

View user profile

124 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:46 am

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Ultimate Comics Avengers 2 #1

Most of this issue was just Frank Castle being Frank Castle, but luckily Leinil Yu drew it so it looked awesome. Fury continued his shady exploits by recruiting Pun into his Avengers squad. And I'm not really sure what to make of the last page. Overall it was a fairly thin first issue with not a lot happening, but the prospect of Punisher joining this team is pretty intriguing.

View user profile

125 Re: Ultimate Marvel on Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:13 pm

Ultimate Comics Avengers 2 #1

Loved the issue, glad that Millar decided to use a different Punisher than the one introduced in the Ultimate Spider-Man, or Team-Up issues. Punisher's outfit made me crack up, looked so ridiculous. Anyone have any idea on who Banner's mentor will be? I give it a 4/5, just because I wanted more.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum