Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deadpool

+27
TheBrownLantern
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Scarie187
burntoffering08
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
dpool666
Foreigner_Man
comicgeekelly
Bigtymin504
hrdwrkngXsoldier
LOOSECANNON
Esbat
potatojoe
JonSpangler
Fresh03
Metal Misfit
shiky800
Nymn
prescribeddrone
Rath99
Kameo_Kid
Debaser77
Administrator
gangsternerd
blue halo
MillionDollarGeek
rwe1138
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

101Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:40 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Deadpool #19

Aside from strange character depictions (i.e. Spidey's mask squints, humans with elongated bone structures) from Carlos Barberi, this issue is pretty damn solid. Sure, Way doesn't kill with his jokes like Kelly did the last time these two superheroes(?) met; what he does is give Wade and Pete quite a chemistry unfounded between characters with highly different goals and aims. Gotta love how 'Pool convinces Spidey that they want the same thing (and the newspaper ad is hilarious). With all the stinky hot dog aroma, you've got to wonder if Pete just gave up on that one.

I didn't read the Hit Monkey book, and I'm not sure I want to, but considering how silly this title already is, it seems like a cool idea. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

3.5/5 Hot Dog Carts - Nothing too outrageously awesome in this issue, but Way's take on Spidey and Pool interaction is enough to cherish.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

102Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:32 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"Spidey! What up, baby boy? I haven't seen you since Amazing Spider-Man #611!"

Laughing

103Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:05 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Yes, I loved that. This issue had its fill of fun stuff, no doubt about it.

104Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:30 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Deadpool #20 was decent. Not as funny as last issue IMO.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

105Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:04 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Through lightest dark or darkest light, don't need no bling to join the fight, we're mercs with mouths and so much more, YIPPEE-KI-YAY, we're the DEADPOOL CORPS!

106Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:58 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Deadpool #20

Utter, unfunny crap.

2/5 Stupid Hit Monkeys

107Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:33 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:Through lightest dark or darkest light, don't need no bling to join the fight, we're mercs with mouths and so much more, YIPPEE-KI-YAY, we're the DEADPOOL CORPS!
Loved that. Laughing

108Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:51 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Team-Up #595 was meh.

Prelude to Deadpool Corps #1 was better.

109Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:06 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I actually dropped Merc with a Mouth and Team up completely from my pull list, part of it was financial, but most of it was me finally giving up on what should have been way better books by my expectations, for some reason Gischler's DP never really found a home with me, I'm not sure if I always thought he was trying to be too funny with the book or that I just didn't enjoy his take on the character, who knows?

Team Up has been a disappointment from the start, honestly, how can you have DP and Herc in the same book and it not be 19 levels of awesome? I'll keep my eyes out for certain writers taking a crack at the book, but most of the issues are going to be left right on the shelf.

As for the main book, while this arc hasn't been as off the wall as it normally delivers, I've enjoyed it, DP trying to learn from Spidey has amused me and their interactions have been pretty darn good in my opinion. I loved the fantasy Peter had about letting Hit Monkey off Deadpool and then the two of them hanging out around New York, great stuff.

110Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:00 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Team Up has been a disappointment from the start, honestly, how can you have DP and Herc in the same book and it not be 19 levels of awesome?

I actually though that was one of the best comic books I read all year. I dropped the book as soon as I realized creative changes would take place every issue.

111Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:01 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think Gischler is slowly becoming a great Deadpool writer, he gets more amusing each time I read a new issue of his.

Prelude To DPC was all sorts of fun and good. Teamup 895 was.... meh. Had a few good lines but it has a disposable plot.

112Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:03 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I actually though that was one of the best comic books I read all year. I dropped the book as soon as I realized creative changes would take place every issue.

See, I think I'm spoiled reading the Deadpool main series and Incredible Herc, I was expecting a hybrid of those two, there was some really fun stuff in that issue, but it wasn't what I expected it to be, Deadpool one liners, Herc's sound effects, debauchery left and right, I don't know, I was just disappointed in it was all.

113Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:59 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Deadpool Corps:

well it sucked. Liefield's art sucked, the writing sucked. Pure suckage. Let me know how it ends, but I'm guessing it will suck.

114Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:10 pm

dpool666

dpool666
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

What's the first issue of deadpool corps about afro

115Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:29 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

What's the first issue of deadpool corps about

Lady Deadpool fighting General America.

116Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:21 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That grenade spear was pure awesome, btw.

117Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:38 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

DPC #2 was pretty good. Loved Chuck's toupee collection.

118Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:56 pm

dpool666

dpool666
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

rwe1138 wrote:...toupee collection.
anything with those words is pure awesomeness

119Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:51 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Prelude #3 was cute.

Merc #9 was fun. Wade got laid! thumbs up

120Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:08 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heads up:

Frank Tieri is writing a Deadpool story in Breaking Into Comics The Marvel Way #2

121Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:46 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:Prelude #3 was cute.

Merc #9 was fun. Wade got laid! thumbs up

Indeed. Wolverine-dog vs Dogpool & Deadpool getting laid FTW. thumbs up

122Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:17 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25338

DEADPOOL #24
Written by DANIEL WAY
Penciled by CARLO BARBERI
Cover by JASON PEARSON
THE HEROIC AGE IS HERE!
“TRICKY,” PART 2
By now, you must realize that there’s nothing that Deadpool would never do, right? “Wrong,” you say? Well, guess what? Deadpool is now Weasel’s sidekick. Deal with it.
It’s the Heroic Age!
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$2.99

DEADPOOL CORPS #3
Written by VICTOR GISCHLER
Penciled by ROB LIEFELD
Cover by ARTHUR SUYDAM
“WHAT'S THAT, DOGPOOL?
WADE WILSON'S TRAPPED IN THE WELL?”
No Deadpool Left Behind? Oops. With so many Deadpools to keep track of, I suppose we can understand that our pal Wade might accidentally leave one on the last planet where the Corps fueled up the Bea Arthur and stocked up on hot pockets. But the Corps has bigger worries, specifically an alien fleet of, well, aliens. Aliens with proton blasters and cluster-nukes, aliens who work for the bad guy cosmic uber-mind.

DEADPOOL TEAM-UP #892
Written by DAVE LAPHAM
Penciled by SHAWN CRYSTAL
Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
“SOUL MATES”
What happens when a group of evil frat boys get their hands on the soul of one very angry and very powerful half demonic sorceress named Satana? And what happens when the only person that desperate sorceress can find to help her on such short notice is our lovable and slightly deranged Deadpool? Well, telling you would be telling, but if you listen real hard you might hear the distant chimes of...wedding bells!? Be there for the event of the season as Deadpool and Satana team up to descend into the Mighty Marvel underworld.

DEADPOOL: MERC WITH A MOUTH #12 (of a 13-Issue Limited Series)
Written by VICTOR GISCHLER
Penciled by BONG DAZO
Cover by ARTHUR SUYDAM
In a world gone boom, you can't just catch the next JetBlue flight to the cosmic dimensional gateway thingy down in Citrusville. Good thing Deadpool is calling in his old pal Professor Veronica for some help in arranging some transportation. Little does Deapool know that Veronica has been turned zombie thanks to some chomp-chomp action by Crusher Creel, The Absorbing Man. The reunion ends with a bang...and not a good kind.

DEADPOOL: WADE WILSON'S WAR #1 (of 4)
Written by DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI
Pencils & Cover by JASON PEARSON
“THE MAN BEHIND THE MASK”
You’ve seen Deadpool in countless (and we mean countless) comics before — but never like this. Really. Want answers about Deadpool? Like why does he refuse to remove his weird red-and-black mask? Why does he only answer to the name “Deadpool?” Was he really part of a black bag special ops team that nobody has ever heard of? Were his teammates really given names like “Bulllseye,” “Silver Sable” and “Domino”? What did Wilson know, and when did he know it? A bloody massacre in Sinaloa, Mexico has left hundreds dead and disgraced soldier Wade Wilson has a LOT of explaining to do.
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

DEADPOOL: WADE WILSON'S WAR #2 (of 4)
Written by DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI
Pencils & Cover by JASON PEARSON
“WEAPON X: THE VERSION YOU’VE NEVER SEEN”
The true origin from Deadpool’s very talkative and crazy mouth continues to spill out, shedding new and bizarre turns. Did the clandestine military experiment that aimed to turn ordinary soldiers into super heroes do more than just that? Was Wilson a brave super-soldier fighting America’s secret wars, or just some pissed-off hick looking for a little payback? Or both? To Deadpool, the truth’s a funny thing…
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

Love the Bea Arthur reference in Corps. Merc w/ a Mouth is just a miniseries? Shocked Wade is Weasel's sidekick?! surprised I gotta check this out!

I don't think we need an origin story miniseries for DP tho. I mean, Joe Kelly was planning to reveal that Wade Wilson wasn't even Wade Wilson during his original run. Was Swiercynski's DP story in #900 good?

123Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:05 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Was Swiercynski's DP story in #900 good?

It was alright, not sure if you read the issue, but he wrote CSI story. The end of it was hilarious though.

I thought Merc was supposed to be an ongoing as well. Must not be selling all that well so they changed their tunes. Whatever, I dropped that sucker a bit back, just didn't work for me.

Telling Deadpool's origin huh? Not sure how I feel about that, we know allot of his back story but his whole origin story should always be a mystery, kinda like the Joker, atleast that's how I feel on the subject.

124Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:10 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:
Was Swiercynski's DP story in #900 good?

It was alright, not sure if you read the issue, but he wrote CSI story. The end of it was hilarious though.

I thought Merc was supposed to be an ongoing as well. Must not be selling all that well so they changed their tunes. Whatever, I dropped that sucker a bit back, just didn't work for me.

Telling Deadpool's origin huh? Not sure how I feel about that, we know allot of his back story but his whole origin story should always be a mystery, kinda like the Joker, atleast that's how I feel on the subject.
Sadly I haven't read 900 yet. Haven't read anything by Swiercynski, sounds like he writes a lot of crime stuff. Usually that means good plot, weak humor.

I like Merc, I found it funny. Needs to be darker & smarter in tone though, but it's entertaining.

Yeah, I too don't care for a full DP origin. Remember what happened when they revealed Wolverine's origin. blink

125Deadpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:46 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Both Deadpool #21 and Prelude #4 were underwhelming.

Although Wade did get laid again. Dude's had a good month.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum