Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deadpool

+27
TheBrownLantern
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Scarie187
burntoffering08
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
dpool666
Foreigner_Man
comicgeekelly
Bigtymin504
hrdwrkngXsoldier
LOOSECANNON
Esbat
potatojoe
JonSpangler
Fresh03
Metal Misfit
shiky800
Nymn
prescribeddrone
Rath99
Kameo_Kid
Debaser77
Administrator
gangsternerd
blue halo
MillionDollarGeek
rwe1138
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

126Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:59 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You should check out Frank Tieri's 8 page DP story in Breaking Into Comics #2, it's simple but pretty cool. He doesn't use the voices.

127Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:20 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:You should check out Frank Tieri's 8 page DP story in Breaking Into Comics #2, it's simple but pretty cool. He doesn't use the voices.

I'm going to have to check that out. I passed on that thinking it was a simple guide.

That said, random Deadpool image. Laughing
Deadpool - Page 6 1260184423788

128Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:25 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Deadpool #21

As a critic who only reviews what’s on his punch-list, it’s a rare instance I have the pleasure to obliterate a comic book. I’ll admit I knew coming in that this book wasn’t going to be any good, and I screamed at the chance of bashing it. While there’s undoubted biasness in us all, that doesn’t mean I’d condemn the issue if it surprised the heck out of me. Sorry--it didn’t.

The last few issues of Daniel Way’s Deadpool have been middling at best; the finale to this overextended Deadpool/Spidey team-up needed a miracle to prove otherwise. Hit-Monkey isn’ t that miracle. It’s well understood that for a title that never takes itself serious, ala a true mock-fest, any type of preposterous creation would be welcome with open arms. A tiny monkey with “hip” charisma, silent bravado, and the aptitude for using big guns simply didn’t break down any doors. At one time the idea thought to be a modest one, but it’s in the execution that proves so poorly. In other words, this is a Deadpool issue without humor. That’s akin to a Spider-Man comic book without humor. Oh wait, that’s right. Both heroes are in this book…with no humor.

If the book’s fart-joke vibe—and there aren’t many other vibes in this issue worthy of note—doesn’t do it for you, check out the art. The combination of three different artists handling the red-white-and-black chores proves a huge mistake. For one, many of the scenes contain identically-sized characters with corresponding dome pieces wearing identical colors. Talk about confusion. Somehow, Peter Parker’s able to make eye squints on his mask, and looks as if he was given a lifetime dose of Steve Rogers’ superhero serum. To make matters worse, Way uses the surreal plot device of costume theft/impersonation. Matters only continue to get lamer than a Weekend At Bernie’s sequel.

For the most part I’ve been a fan of Danny Way’s run on Wade Wilson. Maybe time has run its course. When Joe Kelly’s two or three segments in the past year using the character nearly outshine an entire run, an author change should be a thoughtful consideration. As a huge fan of Kelly’s criminally-unheralded original run of ‘Pool, I wouldn’t mind the writer jumping back on in time for the movie. Better yet, how about pulling a “Spidey” and allowing a few with the handle on ‘Pool to share duties. Fred Van Lente certainly comes to mind.

With the veracity of this month’s Deadpool horridness coming to fruition, two questions come to mind. Will Spidey’s “death” in this issue raise an eyebrow to his “firing” in the other? Will Deadpool ever reach the hero status he so distressingly desires?

Nah.

1.5/5 Bags&Boards - And let’s hope Hit-Monkey dies right along with it.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

129Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:53 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Ease up bro, Hit-Monkey rules. tongue

130Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:23 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Prelude #5 was decent. Wade boarding the spaceship was a great bit.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

131Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:07 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Deadpool Corps #1 was okay.

132Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:01 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Corps #1 was alright, agreed. Deadpool and Cable was better.

133Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:55 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

Yup.

134Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:36 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Deadpool Corps #1

I liked Matteo Scalera's art in the back up. Rob Leifield actually drew a couple of ankles. The one liner about being Al Gore's messenger of death made me chuckle.

Everything else was completely underwhelming. I won't be picking up any more of this series, which is a shame. I'm one of the biggest Deadpool fans out there and if I'm not on board for 5 DP's running around something's not right.

135Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:46 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Deadpool/Cable #25

I was truly looking forward to this book. I was hoping we would finally find out what the thing was that Cable but in Deadpool’s care during Messiah War when they were battling Gambit and Sunfire on Providence. Well, that is not what this was at all.

I don’t know what to say about the story overall. It was entertaining to see Marvel’s greatest Odd Couple together again, but the story just seemed unnecessary. I couldn’t help but search the issue for any clues or any relevance of it’s existence 2 years after it initially happened.

2.5 out of 5 Unanswered Questions

136Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:59 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.deadpoolbugle.com/2010/04/mike-benson-confirms-deadpool-noir.html#disqus_thread

Victor Gischler (writer of Deadpool: Merc With A Mouth and Deadpool Corps) has posted an interview he did with Deadpool: Suicide Kings writer Mike Benson. When asked about his work at Marvel, Benson confirmed he is writing a Deadpool Noir miniseries with Adam Glass. While this series has been rumored, this is the first confirmation of the series.

137Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:07 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Team-Up #894 wasn't bad. I'm dropping the book for now. I might pick up an issue here or there, depending on who's producing it and/or the guest-star.

138Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:40 am

burntoffering08

burntoffering08
Cadet
Cadet

deadpool is awesome. yeah? yeah. Very Happy

139Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:46 am

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Code:
deadpool is awesome. yeah? yeah. Very Happy

Depends on who is writing the book. Joe Kelly, Daniel Way, Gail Simone, and Fabian Nicieza have free reign with the character, they get him, everyone else needs to check in with the writers I mentioned.

140Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:54 am

burntoffering08

burntoffering08
Cadet
Cadet

yeah, i like nicieza's writing the best and joe kelly, but Way? for some reason, not as fond of him, but still pretty decent, IMO.

141Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:34 am

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I've loved every issue of the new Deadpool ongoing despite allot of hate for certain arcs, Way gets DP and writes him as a funny yet sadly tragic character, no matter what he does good or bad no one really accepts him despite his efforts to the contrary. Sometimes an issue should kill you sometimes the issue should leave you feeling really bad for Wade.

On the other hand Merc With A Mouth has had it's moments but tries too hard to be funny.

Team up has been a disaster for the character.

And Hulked out Heroes is an abomination, pardon the pun.

142Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:40 am

burntoffering08

burntoffering08
Cadet
Cadet

Fresh03 wrote:I've loved every issue of the new Deadpool ongoing despite allot of hate for certain arcs, Way gets DP and writes him as a funny yet sadly tragic character, no matter what he does good or bad no one really accepts him despite his efforts to the contrary. Sometimes an issue should kill you sometimes the issue should leave you feeling really bad for Wade.

On the other hand Merc With A Mouth has had it's moments but tries too hard to be funny.

haha, pun...
but yeah for some reason i can't help but keep comparing the new ongoing with Cable and Deadpool.. and i LOVED that series. one of the main reasons that got me back into comics again coupla' years back, but i'll be sure to check out the new series, maybe my view might change.

143Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:43 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:I've loved every issue of the new Deadpool ongoing despite allot of hate for certain arcs, Way gets DP and writes him as a funny yet sadly tragic character, no matter what he does good or bad no one really accepts him despite his efforts to the contrary. Sometimes an issue should kill you sometimes the issue should leave you feeling really bad for Wade.

Exactly. Way balances it perfectly. The book is cleverly funny yet still has heart. I find myself feeling sorry for Wade at times too.

144Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:47 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I understand why people complain about Way but for the most part, I like him and 95% of the all the issues so far.

145Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:01 am

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

but yeah for some reason i can't help but keep comparing the new ongoing with Cable and Deadpool.. and i LOVED that series.

Check out Deadpool Cable 25, came out last week, it was terrific, it's a continuation of Cable/Deadpool and their run together.

Seriously though, try the Bulls/Hawkeye trade that just came out, it's fantabulous and I really and truly enjoyed his stint as an X-Man. All by Way, it's great DP writing.

146Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:06 am

burntoffering08

burntoffering08
Cadet
Cadet

Fresh03 wrote:
but yeah for some reason i can't help but keep comparing the new ongoing with Cable and Deadpool.. and i LOVED that series.

Check out Deadpool Cable 25, came out last week, it was terrific, it's a continuation of Cable/Deadpool and their run together.

Seriously though, try the Bulls/Hawkeye trade that just came out, it's fantabulous and I really and truly enjoyed his stint as an X-Man. All by Way, it's great DP writing.
thanks for the recommendations. Smile i shall check them out soon.

147Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:58 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I like Way's Deadpool okay, but for me Nicieza wrote the character best during Cable/Deadpool.

148Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:51 pm

burntoffering08

burntoffering08
Cadet
Cadet

Agree 1,000% on that. Smile

149Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:23 am

Scarie187

Scarie187
Cadet
Cadet

burntoffering08 wrote:

haha, pun...
but yeah for some reason i can't help but keep comparing the new ongoing with Cable and Deadpool.. and i LOVED that series. one of the main reasons that got me back into comics again coupla' years back, but i'll be sure to check out the new series, maybe my view might change.

Yea I love the stories and they are enjoyable but I def love Cable & Deadpool a lot more. That said the DP book has some great moments.

150Deadpool - Page 6 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:40 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Merc #10 was okay. Love the blimp.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum