Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deadpool

+27
TheBrownLantern
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Scarie187
burntoffering08
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
dpool666
Foreigner_Man
comicgeekelly
Bigtymin504
hrdwrkngXsoldier
LOOSECANNON
Esbat
potatojoe
JonSpangler
Fresh03
Metal Misfit
shiky800
Nymn
prescribeddrone
Rath99
Kameo_Kid
Debaser77
Administrator
gangsternerd
blue halo
MillionDollarGeek
rwe1138
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

26Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:02 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

It's insane, he isn't even a "hot" character right now. He got some solid reviews on two "okay" selling books: the recent mini and the main series.

I can't speak for Suicide Kings, pretty sure it was close to selling out it's runs, but I know the ongoing Deadpool book sells out every month like clock work which is why he's considered hot by the editors, the runs are around 50,000, obviously he's no Blackest Night or Reborn, but that's pretty respectable for an ongoing that doesn't star the Bat.

As of today we have three Deadpool ongoings, that is a bit much, but if they're all good I won't complain since I'm a huge DP fan, granted Merc with a Mouth isn't as good as the regular book but Gishler is slowly finding his groove with DP and each issue has gotten a little better.

27Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:19 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i got the team-up book but haven't read it yet. i will let you know what i think of it later today

28Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:29 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I highly enjoyed the first (or 899th) issue of DTU. But I'd imagine it's quality is going to ebb and flow, what with it being an anthology series and all. Some writers and artists will hit it out of the park, while others might get put in the penalty box.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

29Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:39 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:I highly enjoyed the first (or 899th) issue of DTU. But I'd imagine it's quality is going to ebb and flow, what with it being an anthology series and all. Some writers and artists will hit it out of the park, while others might get put in the penalty box.
so each issue will have a new writer?

30Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

New creative team period every book, writer, artist, colors, etc...

31Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:03 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:

well that will be intersting to see all of these people's take on deadpool. i hope the stories will be good

32Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:38 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

I read Team-up as soon as I got home today. It was my first Deadpool book ever. I thought it was hilarious. Though I know i'm missing backstory when it comes to rouges and some details the story was pretty decent and Wade's "inner thoughts" made the book. I would give my favorite lines but I don't want to spoil anything.

I don't know if that issue was the norm when it comes to Deadpool or especially good, or especially bad it it gets so much funnier but I loved my first issue.

33Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:27 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:I highly enjoyed the first (or 899th) issue of DTU. But I'd imagine it's quality is going to ebb and flow, what with it being an anthology series and all. Some writers and artists will hit it out of the park, while others might get put in the penalty box.

Agreed, this was the BEST DP book I read in a while and I LOVE Daniel Way. This was better than all of issue 900 and issue 900 wasn't bad at all. Fred can write Deadpool ANYTIME as far as I'm concerned.

34Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:32 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

shiky800 wrote:
Fresh03 wrote:

well that will be intersting to see all of these people's take on deadpool. i hope the stories will be good
Next up are Mike Benson, Carlo Barberi & the Zapata Brothers (from Benson's Moon Knight), then Adam Glass, Chris Staggs & both Ghost Riders!

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

35Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:46 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Fresh03 wrote:
I can't speak for Suicide Kings, pretty sure it was close to selling out it's runs, but I know the ongoing Deadpool book sells out every month like clock work which is why he's considered hot by the editors, the runs are around 50,000, obviously he's no Blackest Night or Reborn, but that's pretty respectable for an ongoing that doesn't star the Bat.

I was thinking it was a 32-34K book, but I don't pay attention to the numbers that closely.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

36Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:49 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe, they need an official Deadpool Writers Corps' like Spider-Man has.

Daniel Way, Mike Benson, Joe Kelly, Fred Van Lante & Victor Gischler. And of course Fabian whenever he wants to return. Is Glass good from what you know?

37Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:56 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hear Deadpool is teaming up with Ghostie Toastie soon. That's going to be interesting

38Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:40 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:I hear Deadpool is teaming up with Ghostie Toastie soon. That's going to be interesting

Yup.

Deadpool - Page 2 1693wn6

39Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:44 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I.... I must have it.

40Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:25 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:
potatojoe wrote:I hear Deadpool is teaming up with Ghostie Toastie soon. That's going to be interesting

Yup.

Deadpool - Page 2 1693wn6
i hope jason aaron is writing that one

41Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:29 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

now as for issue 899 i have to say it was a lot of fun and i like that it is just a one issue story rather than a 6 issue story arc. deadpool was a lot of fun here and hurcules is great as well. i don't really know the people deadpool is teaming up with in the next issue

42Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:07 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I liked 899, it's not as over the top as Way's ongoing but still had it's moments, particularly after DP lobotomized himself, again.

Their opponents were actually a pretty nifty pick for those two and I thought it played out well.

The interactions between Herc and DP were allot of fun and that last page made me laugh out loud since that's exactly what I picture those two getting up if they ever did team up.

43Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:09 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

who do you think would make the best team-ups with deadpool?

44Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:21 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anyone! But I think for the best team ups, you need your straight man. Like Daredevil and Cyclops

45Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:28 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

who do you think would make the best team-ups with deadpool?

Spider Man(Obviously is probably everyone's first choice), Jamie Madrox, a Fraction of Brubaker written Luke Cage and Iron Fist/Heroes for Hire in general, Thor written my JMS (Oh the Shakspearian hilarity what would ensue), Iceman, a Dan Slott written Hank Pym, Guardians of the Galaxy (Oh a man can dream can't he? Just imagine the interactions that DnA could come up with...), and Ultimate Captain America written by Millar.

I could go on about who I'd like to see and who I'd like to see write it, but I'll stop now before I get completely out of hand.

46Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:32 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I await a Deadpool/She-Hulk team up. I forsee only sexy 4th wall wackiness to be had.

Deadpool: Mmm... sooooo hot. Arooooooo!
Little Yellow Box: Agreed, the things we could accomplish with some canola oil and a loofah.
Shulkie: I heard that.
Little Yellow Box: Ha, sucker!
Shulkie: That too.
Deadpool/LYB: WHA?!?!

Last edited by Esbat on Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://realityfugitives.com/

47Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:34 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i would love to see deadpool rocket racoon team-up
spiderman
madrox is a great idea
captain america (they would not get along at all)
human torch

48Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:39 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:i would love to see deadpool rocket racoon team-up
HELL and YES!

Man, Rocket Raccoon and Deadpool... wow, that is just too much. Laughing Laughing Laughing

49Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:41 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:
HELL and YES!

Man, Rocket Raccoon and Deadpool... wow, that is just too much. Laughing Laughing Laughing
it would be epic. Laughing

50Deadpool - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadpool Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:
Esbat wrote:
HELL and YES!

it would be epic. Laughing
Oh god... I need to make a Rocket Raccoon custom now. Ooh but thats only gonna make me want a Peter Quill/Starlord and Gamora too. Damn you Shiky! Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum