The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daredevil

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51 Re: Daredevil on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:59 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Daredevil #507

Sooooooooo good, just soooooooo good.

Bats, I'm so with you on this. This is really good comics. Loosecannon - I really don't get where you're coming from. You actually think this story isn't well done and suffering from editorial interference? It's like we're reading 2 different books. After reading all 7 issues of Diggle's run in a row this was superbly constructed and a whole lot more than just set up for Shadowland. It's actually the big picture being slowly revealed here and a very important fact - Daredevil is being manipulated. This is critical stuff and very beautifully done.

Agreed with you guys, and great to have you caught up and on board Aussie. Smile

I also think we need to give Antony Johnson some credit too cuz he's been co-writing with Diggle for the past few issues. They've done an amazing job so far, Shadowland has all the makings for a classic.

I am definitely on board now and NOT leaving! Isn't there a band "Antony and the Johnsons"? I keep seeing that guy's name and it cracks me up.

Daredevil #508

How good are De La Torre's Daredevil-posing-on-buildings pages??? Awesome. I guess it's a prerequisite for any good Daredevil artist. I really love his art on this book.

This was yet another good issue showing a lot of different perspectives of what's going on in Hell's Kitchen. I was interested in all of the points of views - it's giving us a great overall story. Foggy and Dakota are in big trouble! And what the hell is going on with Matt??? Figures there's more at play here than has met the eye so far.

View user profile

52 Re: Daredevil on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:26 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Daredevil #508

Yeah, I really enjoyed this. It helped fill in some of the questions that were left after the jump from #507 to Shadowland #1.

I have to agree about De La Torre's art. It's fantastic. His DD is awesome.

View user profile

53 Re: Daredevil on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:00 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Daredevil #509

Well I'm going to go on about it again....I love De La Torre's art on this book. Something about it works so well here.

Another good issue this one. I read someone say elsewhere that they're enjoying Daredevil more than the Shadowland mini and I tend to agree however I do think Diggle (and Johnston) is doing a good job of linking the two books together. I liked how this issue give more information to events occurring in Shadowland. Kind of like "at the same time that was happening this was happening...". Even though Daredevil is the star of this book I actually don't mind the focus on the peripheral characters - the cast is a strength of this book.

View user profile

54 Re: Daredevil on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 am

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^I agree, De La Torre's art is fantastic.

I'm enjoying the main Daredevil book more than Shadowland.

View user profile

55 Re: Daredevil on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:29 am

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
It's 3.99 for some reason in November.

Sad

View user profile

56 Re: Daredevil on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:34 am

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
prescribeddrone wrote:It's 3.99 for some reason in November.

Sad

It's being solicited as the last issue.

View user profile

57 Re: Daredevil on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:22 am

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^That makes me sad. I know it won't be permanent, but it still sucks.

View user profile

58 Re: Daredevil on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:27 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
With all due respect-Just because of the "Who is the new Man Without Fear?" teasers doesn't mean we should have assumed DD was ending. Another character could have starred in the book for a while or it could have been marketing hype like wit the siege ads

Well, sure--but even in both of thse cases, I don't think there should have been such surprise or outrage over Daredevil ending.
TomBrevoort answered 32 minutes ago

ninja

View user profile

59 Re: Daredevil on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:35 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Daredevil #510

As usual, I thought this issue was better than the Shadowland issue.

I've had a feeling Carlos was in a bit of a trouble for a while. He seemed like the only one of DD's inner circle who had a level head and I thought sooner or later this was going to prove a problem for him. I thought that was a great death scene that completely served the purpose of the story and made sense - so hopefully it won't be undone.

Checchetto has done a great job whenever he has filled in on the art for de la Torre.

View user profile

60 Re: Daredevil on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^I do agree that it was a good death scene, but I really liked him, so I hope they bring him back sooner rather than later.

I also agree that this book is better than Shadowland, but honestly I just don't care about the story at all anymore. I want it to be over.

View user profile

61 Re: Daredevil on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:42 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Daredevil #510

This is the worst issue of Daredevil I have ever read in my life. This character, as a title on whole, is the most consistent of all time. From Smith to Bendis to Brubaker, to even Diggle recent run for almost a good year, D-Devil's been stellar. Diggle and Johnston's collaboration has given an otherwise horrific "event" a tie-in worthy of a check in, so it saddens me to inform you about the quality this month. And no, while the art lacks the residual reality of De la Torre's scribbles, it's the one-note characteristics that leave me for the dead.

Dakota popping the Hand off while Foggy trickles in fear? Check. Matt Murdock becoming a walking one-note one-line emperor in black? Check. Heroes squabbling with Kingpin about blame for Hell's Kitchen new hell? You got it.

It's bad enough Punisher--without the communal fix-up from Henry via Franken-Castle done yet--showed up to make a presence. What had me most excited this Marvel fall has me contemplating a drop.

2/5

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

62 Re: Daredevil on Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:12 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Daredevil #511

Well this book has basically become "the adventures of Foggy Nelson and Dakota North" and is still better than the Shadowland book which is disappointing when you consider this is meant to be Daredevil's book (DD appears for 3 panels of this issue!). That being said, I haven't minded the adventures of Foggy and Dakota but like most people will be happy when all this is over (although I won't be really because I know this is leading to new "status quo" with Black Panther which I'm not going to be purchasing so what's really happening is that Daredevil will soon be over for me).

It seems to me that Shadowland has been an unmitigated disaster both within the story and without. After this storyline ends I'll be back in 2011 whenever it is that Daredevil actually returns and, although I have loved his work all the way up to when Shadowland started, I would hope with a different writer or Diggle is back with a better direction.

On the plus side, there's something I find mesmerising about De La Torre's art. I really enjoyed it this issue - very stylistic plus I thought the night time scenes were very atmospheric.

View user profile

63 Re: Daredevil on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:04 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^Yeah, I think this book is better than Shadowland, but I'm still not loving it. Diggle's run up to Shadowland was great, but since Shadowland it's just gone downhill. My disdain for Shadowland is effecting my enjoyment of this book.

I've recently began re-reading Brubaker's run, and I forgot just how much I LOVED it. As much as I loved Bendis' run (and it was a lot) and thoroughly enjoyed Smith's, Brubaker's is my favorite DD run to date.

View user profile

64 Re: Daredevil on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Daredevil #512

I liked this. The art was nice, and the story was more "Daredevil" than Shadowland was.

I'm glad the Black Tarantula isn't dead.

I'm not going to be getting Black Panther: Man Without Fear #513. I'm liking BP more now thanks to the Avengers cartoon, but I don't like him enough to get the book.

View user profile

65 Re: Daredevil on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:18 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Yes, the Daredevil issues throughout Shadowland were at the very least interesting, yet for the most part continued the high level of quality sustained throughout the brief run. While Shadowland suffered with mundane characterizations, an overabundance of guest spots and all too typical pencils, Diggle has another chance to redeem himself in next month's Rebirth. Makes sense.

66 Re: Daredevil on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:31 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:Daredevil #512

I liked this. The art was nice, and the story was more "Daredevil" than Shadowland was.

I'm glad the Black Tarantula isn't dead.

I'm not going to be getting Black Panther: Man Without Fear #513. I'm liking BP more now thanks to the Avengers cartoon, but I don't like him enough to get the book.
Black Tarantula should looked like he would have died to me. Just goes to show the lesson over and over again in comics that you need to see a body and the character confirmed dead to know it for sure. And even then it's dubious! Laughing

LOOSECANNON wrote:Yes, the Daredevil issues throughout Shadowland were at the very least interesting, yet for the most part continued the high level of quality sustained throughout the brief run. While Shadowland suffered with mundane characterizations, an overabundance of guest spots and all too typical pencils, Diggle has another chance to redeem himself in next month's Rebirth. Makes sense.

Yep, no Black Panther for me and I'll be giving Rebirth the chance to win me back because Shadowland has just about lost me.

View user profile

67 Re: Daredevil on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:31 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Oh and this issue was definitely yet again better than Shadowland which is why I have hopes for Diggle getting it all back on track if he starts a more down to earth story on Matt's return.

View user profile

68 Re: Daredevil on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:05 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Reborn #1

The usual escaping/finding yourself after tragedy issue. Sure, anything looks solid after the abomination that was Shadowland. I don't know; maybe if Preacher was never created I'd accept this a little more. The narrative is actually really well-written. Not sure the cliffhanger has anyone too excited for the rest of this...

2.5/5

69 Re: Daredevil on Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:16 am

G_Zatara

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I dug Reborn quite well. Not perfect, but cleanses the taste of Shadowland.

View user profile

70 Re: Daredevil on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:34 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Daredevil Reborn #1
LOOSECANNON wrote:Reborn #1

The usual escaping/finding yourself after tragedy issue. Sure, anything looks solid after the abomination that was Shadowland. I don't know; maybe if Preacher was never created I'd accept this a little more. The narrative is actually really well-written. Not sure the cliffhanger has anyone too excited for the rest of this...

2.5/5

I'm with you here, except for the connection to Preacher which I don't really think it's along those lines, however this is most certainly incredibly unoriginal.

On first read I didn't mind the comic - the story was told well and I liked the art but upon further reflection I just think the whole thing is so cliched it's kind of annoying. The story of a guy who's made some mistakes, escaping his past by wandering the backwoods of America, just wanting to be left alone, getting into trouble in a (massively cliched) small town. Haven't we seen this many, many times before????? Doesn't that sound like First Blood? Also, it's a long time since I've read those issues so I could be wrong, but I can't help recalling that Ann Nocenti did this with Daredevel to some extent back in her run during the 80s.

I have to say I've just about lost faith in Diggle writing Daredevil which is unfortunate because he got off to such a good start.

View user profile

71 Re: Daredevil on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:35 am

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Yes, pre-Shadowland, he was great; and I have to think Anthony Johnston wrote those solid DD issues during Shadowland ...

72 Re: Daredevil on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Daredevil Reborn #1

This get a giant MEH. It wasn't horrible when compared to Shadowland, but it certainly wasn't good. I agree that it was cliched as hell. Seriously, could they have used a bigger cliche?

I'm so missing Brubaker on DD right now.

View user profile

73 Re: Daredevil on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:52 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm glad that Diggle's run is over after Reborn. I'd love to see Bendis back on the book.

View user profile

74 Re: Daredevil on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^I didn't know he's done after Reborn. Have they announced what's going to happen with the book? I mean, Black Panther is now starring in the main book. Will DD get a new #1?

View user profile

75 Re: Daredevil on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:00 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I've got no idea. I could be wrong about his run ending, but I thought I read that somewhere.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum