Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman: Streets of Gotham

+8
Goof
prescribeddrone
Debaser77
rwe1138
LOOSECANNON
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
LordD3r3k
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:07 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#8 was a pretty good story. Small, street-level, and intriguing. Good stuff.

27Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:09 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:
The backup is just the best backup going. Kate Spencer definitely deserves her own series, but we probably know that won't happen. At least not anytime soon.

She had her own series. It was canceled for low sales.

28Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:38 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

LordD3r3k wrote:
LOOSECANNON wrote:
The backup is just the best backup going. Kate Spencer definitely deserves her own series, but we probably know that won't happen. At least not anytime soon.

She had her own series. It was canceled for low sales.
Geez, rub it in why don'tcha. Sad

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

29Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:55 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:Geez, rub it in why don'tcha. Sad

Heh, it's just that I saw that comment a few times now, and I always think to myself "but she had a series already!" Laughing

30Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:15 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I'm gonna get around to her series after I finish Suicide Squad. Smile

prescribeddrone wrote:#8 was pretty good.

Does anybody think Dini is missing so many issues because he's writing a script for another Batman project.. like the sequel to AA game?
Remember, Dini has been trying to get the Zatanna series off the docks for a long time. But ya, I was wondering that myself when he wasn't on this or GCS's issue. Maybe he's got other projects to surprise us with hopefully.

Almost positive the "man" at the end was
Spoiler:
What was with The Joker laugh during Dent's descent? Heh. Anyways, don't like the looks of Dent & Doe collaberating. Pun intended. Can't wait for part II.

Liked the Travis Bickle reference from Gordon.

31Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:26 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Lord3kk

Yes, I know. I own all the trades. They're all awesome. That's my point.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

32Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:37 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

The main story in #9 was meh.

Manhunter was good, though.

33Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:24 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There seems to be alot of cleaning up the streets from hookers. I wonder if it's coincidence or are the writers trying to make a point here?

34Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:45 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Batman: SOG #9

Now this was brutal. If you scroll up I was a big advocate for Benson's fill in two-parter; it's too bad the conclusion wreaks of Law & Order blandness. And that's probably unfair to the show. Sure, a lot of the ironicies (i.e. Grayson too much of a Wayne) were easy to overlook at the time, but in #9 they're too obvious. In hindsight, last month's issue probably didn't deserve near the 3.5 rating I gave it. Simply put, this issue's "big reveal" reverted to a mere by-the-numbers device, and gave us nothing we haven't read in 70-semod years of Batman stories. The art is also functionary, at best.

Remember Denny O'Neill's return to the Bat books for a two-parter during Last Rites? Uh, yeah.

As for my much-beloved backup, Manhunter, I have good news: it's entertaining enough again to warrant more than its 8-pages. Sure, a lot is still left to be desired in terms of dangling threads, and it can be difficult to follow considering how minute each back-up is. Regardless, Manhunter nearly saves the book. It should be interesting to see how Kate Spencer's little courtroom sparring match with Two-Face is collected.

2.5/5 Bags&Boards - This series is now appearing more and more inconsistent by the month.

35Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:29 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This was alright. So is Dini ever coming back to this book and what happened with original story? This book went way off track. If I was broke, I'd probably drop this if Dini isn't here soon.

36Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:33 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:The main story in #9 was meh.

Exactly what I came on the thread to say.

I'm calling shenanigans on the courtroom b.s. Two-Face has an ace in the hole or something pulling strings in that courtroom. I mean, come on. He was head D.A., but he's doing something to alter the fluidity of justice.

37Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:50 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

This again for #10.

38Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:18 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #10 was pretty good. I skipped issues 8 and 9 since I figured I wouldn't like Mike Benson's stuff because I hated his Moon Knight stuff. I'm glad I decided to pick up this issue. It wasn't excellent, but I enjoyed it. I'm becoming a pretty big fan of Damian.

I didn't read the Manhunter stuff yet. I don't know if I will. I was enjoying it before, but since I skipped issues 8 and 9 I missed some stuff.

39Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:24 am

NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd
Cadet
Cadet

I enjoyed #10 as well. Will the orphan (does he have a name?) save the day? I also am enjoying Nguyen's art; while Batman doesn't show up in the issue Nguyen always - IMO - draws him well.

The Manhunter BU is enjoyable also. When will she get her own mini?

Last edited by NorrinRadd on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total

40Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:29 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I believe the kid said his name was Colin, and of course when he's Hulked out he goes by Abuse.

41Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:32 am

NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd
Cadet
Cadet

Batman25JM wrote:^I believe the kid said his name was Colin, and of course when he's Hulked out he goes by Abuse.

Ah yes. It's all coming back. Smile

42Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:13 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

The whole Scarecrow thing actually happened back in an issue of Dini's run on 'Tec.

43Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:21 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I had forgotten about that stuff until this issue.

44Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:05 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Batman: SOG #10

Nice to see Dini back, this was a pretty intriguing issue. Nice spotlight on Damien and Abuse. I sort've wish the entire plot was in this issue instead of the cliffhanger--especially when you're paying the extra buck--but that's what the Manhunter story's there for. That was pretty decent, as well. Though a judge's death isn't anything too gratifying Laughing

3.5/5 Bags&Boards - Would've gotten a 4 if we had the entire story here.

45Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:52 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked issue #10. I like that these villains aren't get their ass kicked by Damian. It just reinforces how deadly they are. The Manhunter backup was good as well.

46Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:03 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:The whole Scarecrow thing actually happened back in an issue of Dini's run on 'Tec.
I was wondering where I'd read that story, but couldn't find it, flipping back into SoG.

Man, I really enjoyed this. Colin (Abuse) is great. I was wondering why it went to the bedroom of an orphanage that one panel in a previous issue. Makes so much sense now. Zsasz is crazy awesome in the most heinous of ways. Love to see how this plays out.

47Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:38 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

rwe1138 wrote:

This again for #10.
And once more for #11.

48Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:25 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked issue #11. It wasn't great, but I liked it. I like Damian more and more each time I see him.

I was on the verge of dropping this book again (I dropped it after issue #7, but came back at issue #10), but after this issue I think I'll stick around for a while.

I didn't read the Manhunter backup. I know it's good, but since I missed 2 issues and then didn't read it in issue #10, I just skipped it.

49Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:04 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Bats: SOG #11

2/5 Zsasz Reeks of Decade-old Honeycomb Limes - Boring

50Batman: Streets of Gotham - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman: Streets of Gotham Sun May 02, 2010 4:47 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Bats: SOG #11

2/5 Zsasz Reeks of Decade-old Honeycomb Limes - Boring

Really? I thought this deserved much better than that. It wasn't stellar, but I thought it had some interesting character pieces. First, again, I like how they show Zsasz as more than just a guy with knives and that he truly is dangerous if underestimated. And then his revelation when he thinks Damian killed him, "I always thought I'd slit my own throat when the time came". I thought it was a cool insight into how Zsasz thinks, which IIRC, hasn't been explored in much detail. Second, we see that perhaps Damian is tiring of the Robin role and the last panel showing the dissent with Dick.

I dunno, I thought it was enjoyable.

The Manhunter backup was just ok. Past issues have been stronger

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum