The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 15]

26 Re: Green Lantern on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:11 pm

Fresh03

Ninja
Ninja
Anyone else thinking that each of the defacto leaders of the individual Corps are going to be the new Guardians post BN? I'm sort of getting away from the whole White Lantern thing and leaning towards that, one White Power Battery supplying all of the Corps who will serve in different roles prtecting the Universe.

Might make for some interesting story lines down the road with all of the different Corps members being forced to work together.

View user profile

27 Re: Green Lantern on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Sandman

Ninja
Ninja
Fresh03 wrote:Anyone else thinking that each of the defacto leaders of the individual Corps are going to be the new Guardians post BN? I'm sort of getting away from the whole White Lantern thing and leaning towards that, one White Power Battery supplying all of the Corps who will serve in different roles prtecting the Universe.

Might make for some interesting story lines down the road with all of the different Corps members being forced to work together.
that would be crazy! i like it!!

View user profile

28 Re: Green Lantern on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:43 pm

Tom

Ninja
Ninja
For those of you that didn't know; next Wednesday (11/11/09) the "Green Lantern: Agent Orange" trade is coming out. It contains GL #39-42. Hardcover. $20

Also, "GREEN LANTERN CORPS: EMERALD ECLIPSE" trade is released on 11/18. Contains issues #33-38. HC $25

Good for readers like me that are missing those issues.

View user profile

29 Re: Green Lantern on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:56 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Fresh03 wrote:Anyone else thinking that each of the defacto leaders of the individual Corps are going to be the new Guardians post BN? I'm sort of getting away from the whole White Lantern thing and leaning towards that, one White Power Battery supplying all of the Corps who will serve in different roles prtecting the Universe.

I think you are on to something. I do still think there may be a White Lantern/s powered up for some final battle but not necessarily on an ongoing basis. Your idea sounds almost like a Council that replaces the Guardians. However, why would the Red Lanterns, for example, be interested in protecting the universe?

View user profile

30 Re: Green Lantern on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:59 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Aussiemandias wrote:

I think you are on to something. I do still think there may be a White Lantern/s powered up for some final battle but not necessarily on an ongoing basis. Your idea sounds almost like a Council that replaces the Guardians. However, why would the Red Lanterns, for example, be interested in protecting the universe?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the heads of the different Corps becoming like the new Guardians, but like you said, certain Corps. would have no interest in protecting the universe.

View user profile

31 Re: Green Lantern on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:34 pm

rwe1138

I don't think Atrocitus could be around Sinestro that long without trying to kill him.

------------------------------------
Robert Eddleman
View user profile http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

32 Re: Green Lantern on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:24 am

potatojoe

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
An Orange Lantern protecting the Universe? Not gonna happen.

View user profile

33 Re: Green Lantern on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:09 pm

Fresh03

Ninja
Ninja
Obviously you'd have a hard time getting the Red, Orange, and even Yellow to fall in line with any sort of order, it's pretty inherent in their place in the emotional spectrum, but again, we also have no earthly idea what the landscape of the post BN universe will be, so there may very well be a role or complete lack of those corps as well.

Attrocicus and Sinestro may very well be forced to work together, which will certainly be interesting to see, in the next issue of GL since it looks like that's the goal is to unite all of the defacto leaders of the Corps and then go to fight the source of the Black Lanterns.

I could certainly see Larfleeze on the council but staying clear like he has in the past only to use him as a threat down the road.

Red Lanterns, well, they're fairly uncontrolable unless Attrocicus is around so I've got no idea how you'd use them, shock troops maybe?

I was just throwing something out that's been buzzing around my head for a bit.

View user profile

34 Re: Green Lantern on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:16 pm

Tom

Ninja
Ninja
Fresh03 wrote:
Red Lanterns, well, they're fairly uncontrolable unless Attrocicus is around so I've got no idea how you'd use them, shock troops maybe?

I wonder what will happen once Guy gets the red ring.

View user profile

35 Re: Green Lantern on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:32 pm

Fresh03

Ninja
Ninja
I wonder what will happen once Guy gets the red ring.

Probably the same thing that happened to Hal.

"Blarghhhh, Kill, Grrr, Wolverines, Rarrghhhhh!"

View user profile

36 Re: Green Lantern on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:37 pm

Tom

Ninja
Ninja
Laughing

View user profile

37 Re: Green Lantern on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Some guys at my LCS were talking about Atrocious's comments to his former allies at the beginning of GL #47, they said it sounds like Johns is sort of taking a little jab back at Alan Moore for his comments about Blackest Night being taken from his ideas...his now famous "raccoons going through his trash in the dead of night" comment. Laughing

Atrocious said, "Your prophecy was a whisper in this shouting match, Qull. And it was inaccurate. You did not see the rise of Sinestro. Or the birth of the emotional spectrum. Or the dead returning. You four babbled verses of rhetoric instead of forging ahead as I did."

They might be reading way too much into it, but I thought it was a pretty interesting theory. tongue

View user profile

38 Re: Green Lantern on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:45 pm

Tom

Ninja
Ninja
You never know.

Now I have to go back and reread it.

View user profile

39 Re: Green Lantern on Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:02 pm

potatojoe

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I like that theory! Laughing

View user profile

40 Re: Green Lantern on Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Fresh03

Ninja
Ninja
"Your prophecy was a whisper in this shouting match, Qull. And it was inaccurate. You did not see the rise of Sinestro. Or the birth of the emotional spectrum. Or the dead returning. You four babbled verses of rhetoric instead of forging ahead as I did."

Well, can't blame Johns if he did actually take a pot shot at Alan Moore but he doesn't seem like the type of guy who would purposely do that unless it was meant as a joke.

That is a nice catch though, I didn't even notice it when I was reading the issue.

View user profile

41 Re: Green Lantern on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:00 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Fresh03 wrote:
"Your prophecy was a whisper in this shouting match, Qull. And it was inaccurate. You did not see the rise of Sinestro. Or the birth of the emotional spectrum. Or the dead returning. You four babbled verses of rhetoric instead of forging ahead as I did."

Well, can't blame Johns if he did actually take a pot shot at Alan Moore but he doesn't seem like the type of guy who would purposely do that unless it was meant as a joke.

That is a nice catch though, I didn't even notice it when I was reading the issue.

Haha yeah when I first read it, I actually did think that bit of dialogue seemed kinda off or out of place for some reason, but I didn't think anything of it beyond that. So that theory did make some sense when I heard it. If its true, that's pretty damn hilarious and well played on Johns's part. Laughing

View user profile

42 Re: Green Lantern on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:13 pm

blue halo

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Just starting to read GL, but I did grab the last four issues pertaining to Blackest Night, which makes sense to read while BN is currently happening. Great issues! I love Geoff's writing, and Mahnke's art is okay, but I think it was a lousy inking job. That aside, I'm happy that I did pick these up. I didn't notice that line as a pot shot of any kind, but then, I'm still new to this Gl thing!

View user profile

43 Re: Green Lantern on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:32 pm

Sandman

Ninja
Ninja
blue halo wrote:Just starting to read GL, but I did grab the last four issues pertaining to Blackest Night, which makes sense to read while BN is currently happening. Great issues! I love Geoff's writing, and Mahnke's art is okay, but I think it was a lousy inking job. That aside, I'm happy that I did pick these up. I didn't notice that line as a pot shot of any kind, but then, I'm still new to this Gl thing!
Welcome Aboard! Poozer! ;-)

View user profile

44 Re: Green Lantern on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:19 am

So what happens if a red lantern loses their ring after getting their heart ripped out? If at the end they don't get their hearts back, would this mean they are tied to their rings? Especially Atroticus? Suspect

And wouldn't have this been cool?

A man can dream, can't he? Laughing

Last edited by Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty on Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

45 Re: Green Lantern on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:42 am

Sandman

Ninja
Ninja
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:

That actually scars the hell out of me!!

View user profile

46 Re: Green Lantern on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:49 am

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:And wouldn't have this been cool?

Ohh make one of Hulk! Twisted Evil

View user profile

47 Re: Green Lantern on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:06 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:And wouldn't have this been cool?

That would have been frakkin' awesome!!

View user profile

48 Re: Green Lantern on Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:41 pm

Esbat

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Doomsday as an unkillable Red Lantern... holy hell.

View user profile http://realityfugitives.com/

49 Re: Green Lantern on Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:12 pm

Fresh03

Ninja
Ninja
Bahhh, Doomday.

No one will withstand the might of Dex-Starr!!!

View user profile

50 Re: Green Lantern on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:05 am

Sandman

Ninja
Ninja
Fresh03 wrote:Bahhh, Doomday.

No one will withstand the might of Dex-Starr!!!
this is true, even Doomsday qualls in the presence of Dex-starr

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum