Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guardians of the Galaxy

+5
Fresh03
rwe1138
shiky800
Nymn
LOOSECANNON
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Guardians of the Galaxy - Page 3 Empty Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:51 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

so it is for sure this and nova is ending?

52Guardians of the Galaxy - Page 3 Empty Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:54 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Review's up for #25.

shiky800 wrote:so it is for sure this and nova is ending?
At least until The Thanos Imperative is over. Hopefully they'll either start back up or relaunch afterwards.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

53Guardians of the Galaxy - Page 3 Empty Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:08 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:I highly enjoyed #25. I really hope the series returns in some iteration after the Thanos mini.
I hope so too. I really don't care about Nova, or haven't for the last year, but this has just been excellent.

At first I was disappointed to find out this was ending or going on hiatus but when thinking about it I didn't think it is such a bad approach that they're using. The fact is that the sales for this book and Nova were not that great so to put both series on hiatus or end them, move into a new cosmic event and then reinvigorate the titles or bring out a couple of new titles based on the event - well, that makes a lot of sense. In fact, to do that every few years isn't such a bad idea when it's the same creators involved in everything. I think DnA have treated cosmic Marvel as a whole anyway so all the different books make up a part of a bigger story. It's a good approach and makes it logical to change it around every now and then.

So, while disappointed this is gone for now, I don't mind the approach in doing so.

The other thing that's been great with this book has been Brad Walker's art which, in my opinion, has gotten better and better. I'm glad to see him on next month's one shot but disappointed that he's not involved in the Thanos mini series (unfortunately they're using an artist I don't like for that - Miguel Sepulveda who I think has done some pretty uninspired work on Thunderbolts recently). Anyway, hopefully we'll be seeing more of Brad Walker's art somewhere soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum