Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern Corps

+25
BlueMaxx
superdoug
Tom
Goof
Rath99
potatojoe
LOOSECANNON
Jherek
Debaser77
Aussiemandias
prescribeddrone
shiky800
comicgeekelly
shining knight
Nymn
Batman25JM
Fresh03
Sandman
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Dcrashman26
Bigtymin504
rwe1138
jaydee74
Mnemosis
LordD3r3k
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

151Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:22 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

LordD3r3k wrote:
LOOSECANNON wrote:I dropped this title because of the writing change...bad move?

It's getting mixed--mostly just decent--reviews...

It's not a bad start, but nothing mindblowing. Could lead to some interesting developments though
What he said.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

152Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:24 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I'll give it another issue or 2 of reviews then probably just back-issue or ignore it altogether...

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

153Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:25 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I find it interesting that the Alpha Lanterns are doing some heavy handed recruiting in this issue and I am curious to see how this all comes to ahead. I am still enjoying this book. It should be interesting to see the addition of John Stewart: Honor Guard Lantern added to the mix and Ganthet as a Green Lantern has me all kinds of intrigued. I wonder if his ring will have any special properties or if there will be something different with his power battery. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am still in. Wink

154Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:37 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#49 was real good, and better than the last one.

Spoiler:

The Weaponer should be interesting, too.

155Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:27 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern Corps #49

I really, really enjoyed this issue. I have to agree that it was better than last issue.

I LOVE Cyborg-Superman as a GL villain. I hope to see a lot more of him.

The art was great, though the fact that John's ring changed design in one panel did annoy me.

156Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:46 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#49 was great. John Stewart in this series was really very good and I love how he's being written. The whole Alpha Lanterns is very cool and I cannot wait to see how this all plays out in #50. Great stuff.

157Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:24 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

Relatively new to the GL Corps but what separates the Alphas from the regular corps besides glowing eyes??

158Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:31 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Alpha Lanterns are like one part Green Lantern and one part Manhunter. The Manhunters were the creation of the Guardians before the Green Lantern Corps. The Alpha Lanterns were made originally I believe to be sort of like the Internal Affairs of the Green Lanterns. Also, their power battery is located in their chest maybe even taken the place of their heart. Hope that helps.

159Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

Good looking out Jaydee thanks. That would explain their robotic demeanor.

160Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:40 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hannibal king wrote:Good looking out Jaydee thanks. That would explain their robotic demeanor.
Yeah. I mean they are cyborgs in the sense that they used to be human and now they are robotic but I don't know how much of their humanity they actually retain if any at all which I guess is the whole point of this story. Boodika had a very fiery personality before being turned into a Alpha Lantern which is pretty much shown in John's description of Boodika pre Alpha Lantern. Yeah. I'm a pretty big Green Lantern fan so any questions you have, I am pretty certain I can answer for you.

Welcome to my sector of comic fandom. Wink

161Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:02 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Last page surprised

I love when that guy shows up

162Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:44 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Last page surprised

Yup.

Also, I loved how John Stewart was written in this book. Like the awesome soldier that he is. I cannot wait for him to be promoted to Honor Guard. At least I hope that's still the plan.

163Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:58 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Yup.

Also, I loved how John Stewart was written in this book. Like the awesome soldier that he is. I cannot wait for him to be promoted to Honor Guard. At least I hope that's still the plan.

Looks like john might be getting the Alpha treatment

164Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:19 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It does look that way but I gotta think if he does go all "Alpha", he'll revert by the end of the story arc.

165Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:44 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I love that half of the forcibly made Alphas, like Bruun (chick with the horns) and Relok Hag (centaur), are all pre-existing Lanterns. Whether they revert back or not doesn't really matter since they're not very important, but it really appeals to my love of continuity. I think the flying manta ray one is new. At least, I don't recognize him/her/it.

166Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:46 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm with you on that. It's nice to know that the writer(s) of this book has gone back to see previous Lanterns and use them. At least that's the feeling I get which is full of awesome.

167Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:21 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I do really hope that if John becomes an Alpha Lantern it isn't permanent. I highly doubt it would be though.

168Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:21 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
Yup.

Looks like john might be getting the Alpha treatment

I hope he doesn't. I'll drop this book if he does. That said, Ganthet doesn't have inherent powers of a Guardian? A Guardian can go toe to toe with Superboy Prime in yellow sunlight but can't handle a few Alpha Lanterns? Oye.

169Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:38 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Last page surprised

I bet you wouldn't love it if he showed up at your front door!

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:

I hope he doesn't. I'll drop this book if he does. That said, Ganthet doesn't have inherent powers of a Guardian? A Guardian can go toe to toe with Superboy Prime in yellow sunlight but can't handle a few Alpha Lanterns? Oye.
Yeah it seems he's kind of depowered a bit.

Well the jury's still out for me on Bedard but I'm definitely giving him a good chance. Agree with everyone, though, John Stewart was well handled in this issue.

I hope the Alpha Lanterns can be reversed also not just for the newly made ones but for the originals also (would be good to get Green Man back).

So why does a robot planet have sewers? Hmmmm. Maybe for other kinds of waste - grease and oil?

170Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:22 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not just Green Man but I want old school Boodika back. She was awesome.

171Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not entirely sold on this arc yet. This feels like recycled storytelling to me. I hope Bedarad has an ace up his sleeve here...

172Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:33 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#50 was decent.

173Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:45 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked #50. Not amazing. I don't need another retread of Cyborg Superman's origin. I do want to see more Ganthet kicking butt. I am interested in seeing where this story goes when it comes to the Alpha Lanterns. I wonder if they will retain any of their humanity and still stay Alpha Lanterns. I gotta say, they are interesting but I don't like them as straight up robotic. So far, it's not bad but don't take my word at heart because I am bias when it comes to Green Lantern. I did like it.

174Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:53 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I did not like #50. Bedard is starting to annoy me. That whole flashback at the beginning felt very clunky and artificial - just didn't feel natural storytelling to me. Really average writing.

I'm thinking I might stick with Tomasi on Guy's book and Johns on the main one until there's a change of writer here.

175Green Lantern Corps - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:08 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern Corps #50

This was just meh. It wasn't the worst book ever, but it certainly wasn't really that good.

This did not feel like a 50th issue.

The flashback for Cyborg-Superman was a waste of time. If they need to catch readers up then the should add a damn recap page.

I did like the art.

If Cyborg-Superman wants to die so badly why doesn't he just throw himself into the sun or something?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum