Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern Corps

+25
BlueMaxx
superdoug
Tom
Goof
Rath99
potatojoe
LOOSECANNON
Jherek
Debaser77
Aussiemandias
prescribeddrone
shiky800
comicgeekelly
shining knight
Nymn
Batman25JM
Fresh03
Sandman
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Dcrashman26
Bigtymin504
rwe1138
jaydee74
Mnemosis
LordD3r3k
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

26Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:37 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:He'll be back. It's comics. Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 887618

Oh, I'm positive he'll be back, I'm just not sure he's dead. And if he is I'm thinking he'll be brought back before the end of Blackest Night.

Jherek wrote:
But for now let's just go with the 'death' and mourn one of the greatest wielders of the Green light. Guy is gonna go batshit crazy and turn Red I guess and can someone tell me what is the significance of Kyle's ring not seeking a replacement but heading to sector 2261?

They put a halt on rings seeking replacements because they didn't want new recruits in the middle of this. So, the rings are being sent to Mogo.

27Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:51 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Batman25JM wrote:

Oh, I'm positive he'll be back, I'm just not sure he's dead. And if he is I'm thinking he'll be brought back before the end of Blackest Night.

Jherek wrote:
But for now let's just go with the 'death' and mourn one of the greatest wielders of the Green light. Guy is gonna go batshit crazy and turn Red I guess and can someone tell me what is the significance of Kyle's ring not seeking a replacement but heading to sector 2261?

They put a halt on rings seeking replacements because they didn't want new recruits in the middle of this. So, the rings are being sent to Mogo.

Oh yeah I remember now. Thanks for the reminder Bats. Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 334450

28Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:55 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

Jherek wrote:

Oh yeah I remember now. Thanks for the reminder Bats. Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 334450

No problemo. Wink

29Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:33 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

In a word.. HO-LEEEEEEE SHIT! affraid

Not much else to add to what everyone else has already said, but yeah, this was a damn fine piece of writing here. Kyle's scene was perfect, smirk and all. Great, great stuff. AND WE'RE ONLY HALFWAY THERE!!

30Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:41 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Guy is gonna go batshit crazy and turn Red I guess
Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 1258408321

31Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:33 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

GLC #42

Outstanding.

4.5/5 Bags&Boards - Near-classic

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

32Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:51 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Vice is fucking awesome. I hope he comes back

33Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Guess the cat's out of bag about Guy now whether people wanted to know or not, lol.

Great little article over at CBR:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=23738

where Tomasi discusses Kyle and what's about to happen to Guy, sounds like it's about to get even frickin' better if you can believe it from what Tomasi says.

34Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Before this all started Johns said he was going to fuck with Guy in a way that some people might not like. They had to do something about all the GL's that Earth had. I hate to see Kyle "die" but I don't think we will be mourning long.

35Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:57 pm

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:Guess the cat's out of bag about Guy now whether people wanted to know or not, lol.

Great little article over at CBR:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=23738

where Tomasi discusses Kyle and what's about to happen to Guy, sounds like it's about to get even frickin' better if you can believe it from what Tomasi says.

It's stuff like this that REALLY makes it hard when your waiting fot the trade.

36Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:55 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Jherek wrote:

That cover is bad ass!

37Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:11 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:

Guy is gonna go batshit crazy and turn Red I guess
that is just awesome

38Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:19 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Interesting that he has a green & red ring on his hands. I swear... I'm getting giddy just thinking about the next issue.

39Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:20 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tom wrote:Interesting that he has a green & red ring on his hands. I swear... I'm getting giddy just thinking about the next issue.
well hal had both a red and green ring on at once.

40Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:37 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

When was this?
(I'm still fairly new to comics, and I still haven't had the time to sit and read the last issue.)

41Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:44 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tom wrote:When was this?
(I'm still fairly new to comics, and I still haven't had the time to sit and read the last issue.)
well in the rage of the red lantern story hal killed a red lantern who used to be a green lantern and he got pissed and a red ring went on him. he had both a green and red ring and then saint walker (blue lantern) put a blue ring on him and it got rid of the red ring, and that is when he had a blue and green ring at the same time. this is carried over into the story agent orange. and that story leads into blackest night

42Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:54 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

^ And that's why I need to get the newest trades so I would know these things.

43Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:37 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tom wrote:^ And that's why I need to get the newest trades so I would know these things.
oh you should read green lantern from green lantern rebirth. i just reread it all and it has great to read it all straight

44Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:27 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

As my budget allows, I will be.

On the plus side, I finally got a moment to read the last GL Corps. Man... good stuff and I almost understood everything that was goin on!
lol!

45Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I KNEW it!!

46Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:51 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Batman25JM wrote:I KNEW it!!
Yeah, it wasn't a big surprise. But I'm happy.

Guy tearing into the BLs was fantastic, as was what he did to Kryb. Can't wait for the next issue, with more Red Guy and some Mogo action!

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

47Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:41 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I KNEW it!!
Yeah, it wasn't a big surprise. But I'm happy.

Guy tearing into the BLs was fantastic, as was what he did to Kryb. Can't wait for the next issue, with more Red Guy and some Mogo action!

Agreed on all counts. Smile

48Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:11 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

CHOKE ON IT!!!!!

That make me smile. Laughing

49Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:22 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

ok I was thinking, Guy could talk while under the influence of the red ring. All the others except Atrocitus just grunt and growl right? I am trying to remember if Hal could talk when he had the red ring. if he could if must be the Green ring that allowed it, if not, what made Guy so special? I know Hall had those inner monologs that were going between red & green but I am having a hard time remembering if he actually SPOKE.

50Green Lantern Corps - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:32 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought that GLC #43 was fantastic. It is definitely my favorite GLC issue to date.

Guy as a Red Lantern was/is freakin' awesome. I thought I'd hate it, but he was so beyond bad ass. Those panels of him just tearing through the Black Lanterns were awesome. I have to say they were some of my favorite action shots of the year.

Like I said before, I just knew Kyle would be back. I know it was obvious, but still.

I've wanted Kryb dead for a long time. I've never been a fan of her, so I'm happy she's gone (at least for now).

One of the things I love about this book (as well as the main Green Lantern book and Blackest Night) is that there is just so much going on at once. It makes for a very exciting story.

When the ring flew back to Kyle I was so excited. It was a cool moment.

I have a question about the power rings. The design for Guy and Kyle's GL rings is different from that of Hal's. Hal has the circular ring with the Green Lantern symbol in the middle. Kyle and Guy's rings (as well as others) are just the Green Lantern symbol. It was that way with Guy's red ring as well. I was just curious, is there a reason for this in the story/DCU or is it just up to the artist what design they use?

That thing with Mogo at the end was awesome, as was the line about him not being anti social.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum