The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern Corps

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

26 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:37 pm

Batman25JM

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Jherek wrote:He'll be back. It's comics.

Oh, I'm positive he'll be back, I'm just not sure he's dead. And if he is I'm thinking he'll be brought back before the end of Blackest Night.


Jherek wrote:
But for now let's just go with the 'death' and mourn one of the greatest wielders of the Green light. Guy is gonna go batshit crazy and turn Red I guess and can someone tell me what is the significance of Kyle's ring not seeking a replacement but heading to sector 2261?


They put a halt on rings seeking replacements because they didn't want new recruits in the middle of this. So, the rings are being sent to Mogo.

View user profile

27 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:51 pm

Jherek

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
Batman25JM wrote:
Jherek wrote:He'll be back. It's comics.

Oh, I'm positive he'll be back, I'm just not sure he's dead. And if he is I'm thinking he'll be brought back before the end of Blackest Night.


Jherek wrote:
But for now let's just go with the 'death' and mourn one of the greatest wielders of the Green light. Guy is gonna go batshit crazy and turn Red I guess and can someone tell me what is the significance of Kyle's ring not seeking a replacement but heading to sector 2261?


They put a halt on rings seeking replacements because they didn't want new recruits in the middle of this. So, the rings are being sent to Mogo.

Oh yeah I remember now. Thanks for the reminder Bats.

View user profile

28 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:55 pm

Batman25JM

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Jherek wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Jherek wrote:He'll be back. It's comics.

Oh, I'm positive he'll be back, I'm just not sure he's dead. And if he is I'm thinking he'll be brought back before the end of Blackest Night.


Jherek wrote:
But for now let's just go with the 'death' and mourn one of the greatest wielders of the Green light. Guy is gonna go batshit crazy and turn Red I guess and can someone tell me what is the significance of Kyle's ring not seeking a replacement but heading to sector 2261?


They put a halt on rings seeking replacements because they didn't want new recruits in the middle of this. So, the rings are being sent to Mogo.

Oh yeah I remember now. Thanks for the reminder Bats.

No problemo. Wink

View user profile

29 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:33 pm

LordD3r3k

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
In a word.. HO-LEEEEEEE SHIT! affraid

Not much else to add to what everyone else has already said, but yeah, this was a damn fine piece of writing here. Kyle's scene was perfect, smirk and all. Great, great stuff. AND WE'RE ONLY HALFWAY THERE!!

View user profile

30 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:41 pm

Jherek

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
Jherek wrote:He'll be back. It's comics.


Guy is gonna go batshit crazy and turn Red I guess

View user profile

31 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:33 pm

LOOSECANNON

avatar
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
GLC #42

Outstanding.

4.5/5 Bags&Boards - Near-classic

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

32 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:51 am

potatojoe

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Vice is fucking awesome. I hope he comes back

View user profile

33 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Fresh03

avatar
Ninja
Ninja
Guess the cat's out of bag about Guy now whether people wanted to know or not, lol.

Great little article over at CBR:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=23738

where Tomasi discusses Kyle and what's about to happen to Guy, sounds like it's about to get even frickin' better if you can believe it from what Tomasi says.

View user profile

34 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Rath99

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Before this all started Johns said he was going to fuck with Guy in a way that some people might not like. They had to do something about all the GL's that Earth had. I hate to see Kyle "die" but I don't think we will be mourning long.


------------------------------------


View user profile

35 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:57 pm

Goof

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Fresh03 wrote:Guess the cat's out of bag about Guy now whether people wanted to know or not, lol.

Great little article over at CBR:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=23738

where Tomasi discusses Kyle and what's about to happen to Guy, sounds like it's about to get even frickin' better if you can believe it from what Tomasi says.

It's stuff like this that REALLY makes it hard when your waiting fot the trade.

View user profile

36 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:55 pm

Tom

avatar
Ninja
Ninja
Jherek wrote:

That cover is bad ass!

View user profile

37 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:11 pm

shiky800

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Jherek wrote:
Jherek wrote:He'll be back. It's comics.

Guy is gonna go batshit crazy and turn Red I guess
that is just awesome

View user profile

38 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:19 pm

Tom

avatar
Ninja
Ninja
Interesting that he has a green & red ring on his hands. I swear... I'm getting giddy just thinking about the next issue.

View user profile

39 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:20 pm

shiky800

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Tom wrote:Interesting that he has a green & red ring on his hands. I swear... I'm getting giddy just thinking about the next issue.
well hal had both a red and green ring on at once.

View user profile

40 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:37 pm

Tom

avatar
Ninja
Ninja
When was this?
(I'm still fairly new to comics, and I still haven't had the time to sit and read the last issue.)

View user profile

41 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:44 pm

shiky800

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Tom wrote:When was this?
(I'm still fairly new to comics, and I still haven't had the time to sit and read the last issue.)
well in the rage of the red lantern story hal killed a red lantern who used to be a green lantern and he got pissed and a red ring went on him. he had both a green and red ring and then saint walker (blue lantern) put a blue ring on him and it got rid of the red ring, and that is when he had a blue and green ring at the same time. this is carried over into the story agent orange. and that story leads into blackest night

View user profile

42 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:54 pm

Tom

avatar
Ninja
Ninja
^ And that's why I need to get the newest trades so I would know these things.

View user profile

43 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:37 pm

shiky800

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Tom wrote:^ And that's why I need to get the newest trades so I would know these things.
oh you should read green lantern from green lantern rebirth. i just reread it all and it has great to read it all straight

View user profile

44 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:27 pm

Tom

avatar
Ninja
Ninja
As my budget allows, I will be.

On the plus side, I finally got a moment to read the last GL Corps. Man... good stuff and I almost understood everything that was goin on!
lol!

View user profile

45 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Batman25JM

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I KNEW it!!

View user profile

46 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:51 pm

rwe1138

avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Batman25JM wrote:I KNEW it!!
Yeah, it wasn't a big surprise. But I'm happy.

Guy tearing into the BLs was fantastic, as was what he did to Kryb. Can't wait for the next issue, with more Red Guy and some Mogo action!


------------------------------------
Robert Eddleman
View user profile http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

47 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:41 pm

Bigtymin504

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
rwe1138 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I KNEW it!!
Yeah, it wasn't a big surprise. But I'm happy.

Guy tearing into the BLs was fantastic, as was what he did to Kryb. Can't wait for the next issue, with more Red Guy and some Mogo action!

Agreed on all counts. Smile

View user profile

48 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:11 am

CHOKE ON IT!!!!!


That make me smile. Laughing

View user profile

49 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:22 am

Sandman

avatar
Ninja
Ninja
ok I was thinking, Guy could talk while under the influence of the red ring. All the others except Atrocitus just grunt and growl right? I am trying to remember if Hal could talk when he had the red ring. if he could if must be the Green ring that allowed it, if not, what made Guy so special? I know Hall had those inner monologs that were going between red & green but I am having a hard time remembering if he actually SPOKE.

View user profile

50 Re: Green Lantern Corps on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:32 pm

Batman25JM

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I thought that GLC #43 was fantastic. It is definitely my favorite GLC issue to date.

Guy as a Red Lantern was/is freakin' awesome. I thought I'd hate it, but he was so beyond bad ass. Those panels of him just tearing through the Black Lanterns were awesome. I have to say they were some of my favorite action shots of the year.

Like I said before, I just knew Kyle would be back. I know it was obvious, but still.

I've wanted Kryb dead for a long time. I've never been a fan of her, so I'm happy she's gone (at least for now).

One of the things I love about this book (as well as the main Green Lantern book and Blackest Night) is that there is just so much going on at once. It makes for a very exciting story.

When the ring flew back to Kyle I was so excited. It was a cool moment.

I have a question about the power rings. The design for Guy and Kyle's GL rings is different from that of Hal's. Hal has the circular ring with the Green Lantern symbol in the middle. Kyle and Guy's rings (as well as others) are just the Green Lantern symbol. It was that way with Guy's red ring as well. I was just curious, is there a reason for this in the story/DCU or is it just up to the artist what design they use?

That thing with Mogo at the end was awesome, as was the line about him not being anti social.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum