The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Avengers

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

151 Re: New Avengers on Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:27 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
New Avengers #4

I really don't have much to say other than I loved this.

I'm actually becoming a Dr. Strange fan. I never really cared for him, but I really like what Bendis has done with him.

comicgeekelly wrote:Does anybody else think that Iron Fist should keep the white and gold costume? I really like it.

Yes, yes, a million times yes. I love his normal costume (the updated green and yellow one), but I think I like this white and gold one more. It's really cool.

View user profile

152 Re: New Avengers on Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:13 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Agreed that #4 was awesome Iron Fist should keep his white outfit.

View user profile

153 Re: New Avengers on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:24 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:New Avengers #4

I'm actually becoming a Dr. Strange fan. I never really cared for him, but I really like what Bendis has done with him.

comicgeekelly wrote:Does anybody else think that Iron Fist should keep the white and gold costume? I really like it.

Yes, yes, a million times yes. I love his normal costume (the updated green and yellow one), but I think I like this white and gold one more. It's really cool.
Hmmm.....I'm not convinced yet - count me as a vote for the old costume at this stage. Why exactly did he get a new costume anyway? That's not exactly clear to me.

I thought this was a good issue and the jokeyness was toned down so I was pretty happy with it.

View user profile

154 Re: New Avengers on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:39 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^I'm sure we'll find out about the costume next issue. I'm kinda guessing he got some magical power up.

View user profile

155 Re: New Avengers on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:31 pm

I like the White Gold but the Green Gold I like better still. I think the White/Gold is just a side effect from being in the lite dimension, kind of like when ever someone goes into the negative zone they end with with a dark outfit.

View user profile

156 Re: New Avengers on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:30 am

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Aussiemandias wrote:

Hmmm.....I'm not convinced yet - count me as a vote for the old costume at this stage. Why exactly did he get a new costume anyway? That's not exactly clear to me.

I thought this was a good issue and the jokeyness was toned down so I was pretty happy with it.

Yeah good solid issue. You think maybe Danny could be possessed by The Ancient One? Or maybe he's just under some kind of influence from him? He did seem a bit overly pissed at Strange.

Again, the art on this book has just been gorgeous.

View user profile

157 Re: New Avengers on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:46 am

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:

Yeah good solid issue. You think maybe Danny could be possessed by The Ancient One? Or maybe he's just under some kind of influence from him? He did seem a bit overly pissed at Strange.

Again, the art on this book has just been gorgeous.

I figured that was one of the reasons, with him wearing white in issue 3.

View user profile

158 Re: New Avengers on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:54 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Him being possesed by the Ancient One was one of the first things that I thought of to explain the costume change. I was also a little surprised no one asked him about it.

View user profile

159 Re: New Avengers on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:35 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
New Avengers has been really good, which seems ironic considering nearly everyone was distraught that they were doing ANOTHER volume of "New" Avengers.

But no matter what you call it, this book rocks.

4/5

Influenced by The Ancient One or not, Iron Fist is clearly a shot at DC's White Lantern. devil

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

160 Re: New Avengers on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:08 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
New Avengers #5

I loved it. Spider-Man figuring things out (by making a joke) was great.

I can't wait to see mega Wolverine do battle.

The art is just do god damn amazing. It's just gorgeous. I love Immonen's art more and more every time I see it. I so wish Hawkeye was on this team, if for no other reason than to see Immonen draw him.

View user profile

161 Re: New Avengers on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:23 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
The Hawkeye moment was a little weird to me. It kinda seemed like Bendis forgot about him so he wrote that scene in last minute.

View user profile

162 Re: New Avengers on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:55 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:New Avengers #5

The art is just do god damn amazing. It's just gorgeous. I love Immonen's art more and more every time I see it. I so wish Hawkeye was on this team, if for no other reason than to see Immonen draw him.
As I've said before I've completely turned around on Immonen's art from not liking it to really enjoying it. Maybe some artists just take some getting used to.

I really liked this issue. It just seemed all around pretty good. Bendis can overdo the everyone discussing stuff side of things at times but, in this case, it was really well done because they just had to debrief. There'd been so much going on they needed some time to figure things out. And then Bendis threw the joke in there with Agammotto saying they talk too much which was gold.

Which Avenger will die? Well my money's on Doctor Voodoo.

View user profile

163 Re: New Avengers on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:45 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I would really like one of the characters to address the fact that Iron Fist's costume has changed colors. I find it odd that no one has. I'd think at least Spider-Man would say something.

View user profile

164 Re: New Avengers on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:39 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Aussiemandias wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:New Avengers #5

As I've said before I've completely turned around on Immonen's art from not liking it to really enjoying it. Maybe some artists just take some getting used to.

I really liked this issue. It just seemed all around pretty good. Bendis can overdo the everyone discussing stuff side of things at times but, in this case, it was really well done because they just had to debrief. There'd been so much going on they needed some time to figure things out. And then Bendis threw the joke in there with Agammotto saying they talk too much which was gold.

Which Avenger will die? Well my money's on Doctor Voodoo.

Agreed with you guys. This was possibly the best issue yet of this young series. Bendis is doing an awesome job with all this magic stuff. The use of the spells is a really cool touch, plus the way he's fleshing out the history of the Eye of Agamatto.

I loved the way Spidey "helped" figure it out too. Laughing

View user profile

165 Re: New Avengers on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:51 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
For a comic with lots of mumbo jumpo discussion it read under 11-minutes. So I guess Bendis is handling this book better than you think...there's way too many characters in this book right now for my liking, and it's referenced within the dialogue. Hopefully some changes are a comin'..

Anyone else find the bonus stuff refreshing? It's getting better each and every time.

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

166 Re: New Avengers on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:29 am

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I really like the bonus stuff. I hope Bendis eventually gets his way and Marvel will put out an entire book of it.

View user profile

167 Re: New Avengers on Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:38 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
#6 was a good finale to this arc. I'm pretty damn bummed by who died though! I really hope there's more to it then that (which there probably is since its comics) because the character was really coming into its own during the solo series. I think the fact that Bendis put so much effort into building the character up to relevancy tells me that it's not the last we've seen of him/her. (I hope I kept that spoiler free enough, even though its not that hard to guess lol).

Now onto New Avengers #7 where Luke and Jess choose a nanny! And it's none other than...
Spoiler:

No joke. big grin

View user profile

168 Re: New Avengers on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:46 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote:#6 was a good finale to this arc. I'm pretty damn bummed by who died though! I really hope there's more to it then that (which there probably is since its comics) because the character was really coming into its own during the solo series. I think the fact that Bendis put so much effort into building the character up to relevancy tells me that it's not the last we've seen of him/her. (I hope I kept that spoiler free enough, even though its not that hard to guess lol).

Now onto New Avengers #7 where Luke and Jess choose a nanny! And it's none other than...
Spoiler:

No joke. big grin

I thought it was an okay issue but in some ways I don't know how it took 6 issues to get here. I don't know, maybe it's a strange thing to criticise because I've enjoyed the story or elements of it in each issue, but I look back and think that was nearly half a year to get to this point and I just don't know if it was all the great a journey in retrospect. Moments along the way were good but the overall story I'm kind of feeling maybe wasn't so good and I guess that's a frustration I'm starting to feel with Bendis's writing. I'm seeing his strength as dialogue and smaller moments but the larger plot is not a big strength (at least not lately). Just my opinion but I keep getting this feeling with his mainstream Marvel books.

On Doctor Voodoo - as I suspected he was the one to "die" as I just saw him as the most expendable of the bunch and the obvious choice (I'm sure most people thought the same). However, there's no body and he "died" under magical circumstances. I think that's enough to warrant putting "die" in inverted commas to infer nothing's permanent in comics! Laughing

Immonen's art was excellent as usual. It continues to surprise me how my opinion on this guy's work has completely turned around. I think he draws one of the better Wolverines.

For those I trade comments with regularly on here - I'm off on a few weeks overseas holiday so after today you won't see me posting again until December. Very Happy

View user profile

169 Re: New Avengers on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
New Avengers #6

This was okay. I've liked this arc, but I do agree with Aussiemandias, the moments along the way were better than the overall story. I just kinda feel that there was all this buildup and it kinda fizzled.

I hope we see more of Brother Voodoo. I've only been exposed to him in what Bendis has done with him in New Avengers, but I do like him. I also hope that Doctor Strange sticks around. I've never liked him more than I have in his New Avengers appearances.

I'm curious to see what the team will end up looking like. It seems apparent that there will be member changes. I really don't want to lose anyone, I like the team. The only one I'd be fine with losing is Ms. Marvel. I like her, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if she left. She's not as "street" as most of the other members. Thing isn't either, but I like him more than her.

Immonen's art is gorgeous. I love it more and more each issue. I agree that he draws a great Wolverine (I was thinking that all throughout the issue). I also LOVE his Thing.

Aussiemandias wrote:
For those I trade comments with regularly on here - I'm off on a few weeks overseas holiday so after today you won't see me posting again until December. Very Happy

Have a great holiday/trip. I'll miss ya. "See" you in a few weeks. Very Happy

View user profile

170 Re: New Avengers on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:04 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Aussiemandias wrote:I thought it was an okay issue but in some ways I don't know how it took 6 issues to get here. I don't know, maybe it's a strange thing to criticise because I've enjoyed the story or elements of it in each issue, but I look back and think that was nearly half a year to get to this point and I just don't know if it was all the great a journey in retrospect. Moments along the way were good but the overall story I'm kind of feeling maybe wasn't so good and I guess that's a frustration I'm starting to feel with Bendis's writing. I'm seeing his strength as dialogue and smaller moments but the larger plot is not a big strength (at least not lately). Just my opinion but I keep getting this feeling with his mainstream Marvel books.

I agree with that, good assessment. You know, I actually feel like this about a lot of great writers right now, including Geoff Johns. I'm just not feeling the excitement and big ideas from some of these guys lately. I think Hickman has spoiled me. tongue

Aussiemandias wrote:For those I trade comments with regularly on here - I'm off on a few weeks overseas holiday so after today you won't see me posting again until December. Very Happy

See ya buddy! Have a good time!

View user profile

171 Re: New Avengers on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:I also LOVE his Thing.

*snicker*

View user profile

172 Re: New Avengers on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:17 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I also LOVE his Thing.

*snicker*

Wink

View user profile

173 Re: New Avengers on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:29 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I can't believe I forgot to mention my favorite part of issue #6: Daimon Hellstrom's little rant to the people outside the mansion. That was just great.

View user profile

174 Re: New Avengers on Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:47 am

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^^^^ That was my favorite part of this issue. Overall 6 left me a little disappointed. I'm not sure why, but I think it was the weakest issue of this arc.

View user profile

175 Re: New Avengers on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:31 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
comicgeekelly wrote: I think it was the weakest issue of this arc.

Agreed.

It was just 'alright' to me. Avengers was better to me.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum