The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

176 Re: Batman on Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:02 pm

Batman25JM

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Honestly, prior to the current storyline here and in Red Robin I hadn't really ever been exposed to Vicki (at least in the comics). I like her here.

I'd be fine with Bruce being with Selina. I do like her, I'm just not an uber fan. Maybe if I had more exposure to her I'd like her more. I haven't read too many comics featuring her and the ones I have read have just been so so.

View user profile

177 Re: Batman on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:47 am

LordD3r3k

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
jaydee74 wrote:Never been a huge fan of Vicki to be honest. She was just a background character as far as I'm concerned and while I like what they are doing with her now, I had always seen Bruce with Selina more than anyone else.

Though Bruce and zatanna would be fun too

View user profile

178 Re: Batman on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:03 pm

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:Honestly, prior to the current storyline here and in Red Robin I hadn't really ever been exposed to Vicki (at least in the comics). I like her here.

I'd be fine with Bruce being with Selina. I do like her, I'm just not an uber fan. Maybe if I had more exposure to her I'd like her more. I haven't read too many comics featuring her and the ones I have read have just been so so.

Vicki Vale was included in a Batman story that cemented Tim as Robin back in the 90's. Bruce gave Tim his first Robin costume at the end of this story and the first Robin mini-series where he travels to train takes place right after that event. It's a good story.

I just like the interaction between Bruce and Selina. I've always liked her as a character and the two of them seem to work so well.

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Never been a huge fan of Vicki to be honest. She was just a background character as far as I'm concerned and while I like what they are doing with her now, I had always seen Bruce with Selina more than anyone else.

Though Bruce and zatanna would be fun too
I agree but it depends on who is writing it I think. Paul Dini has a thing with Bruce and Zatanna in my opinion.

View user profile

179 Re: Batman on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:11 pm

Batman25JM

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Never been a huge fan of Vicki to be honest. She was just a background character as far as I'm concerned and while I like what they are doing with her now, I had always seen Bruce with Selina more than anyone else.

Though Bruce and zatanna would be fun too

I really don't care much for that pairing. I don't like the magic aspect creeping into Batman stories.


jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Honestly, prior to the current storyline here and in Red Robin I hadn't really ever been exposed to Vicki (at least in the comics). I like her here.

I'd be fine with Bruce being with Selina. I do like her, I'm just not an uber fan. Maybe if I had more exposure to her I'd like her more. I haven't read too many comics featuring her and the ones I have read have just been so so.

Vicki Vale was included in a Batman story that cemented Tim as Robin back in the 90's. Bruce gave Tim his first Robin costume at the end of this story and the first Robin mini-series where he travels to train takes place right after that event. It's a good story.

I just like the interaction between Bruce and Selina. I've always liked her as a character and the two of them seem to work so well.

I've read the story where Tim goes to train, but I've never read the story where Bruce gives him the costume. I'll have to seek that out someday.

Despite not being a big fan of Catwoman, the more I think of them together the more I do like it. I mean, I've seen them together before in certain comics and I did like it. She's one woman who could keep up with Bruce. I think I was so for Bruce and Vicki together because I want Bruce to have a steady love interest (who doesn't turn out to be a villain), and Vicki was available for that.

View user profile

180 Re: Batman on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:45 am

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
The story before Tim goes off to train is very good. It cements for me how much regard Tim has for the Robin identity and it's just very good. You should check it out if you can.

I like the dynamic between Selina and Bruce. It's just very interesting to me.

View user profile

181 Re: Batman on Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:29 pm

RE: #704

I must say...I like this Catgirl. And two Batmans...should be interesting?

View user profile

182 Re: Batman on Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Batman25JM

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman #704


Meh, not horrible, but not great either. I think this was my favorite issue that Daniel has written so far.

I'm not really a fan of the art. I'm just not huge on Daniel's art. I liked it on Teen Titans, but everything since hasn't been my cup of tea.

View user profile

183 Re: Batman on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:51 pm

LOOSECANNON

avatar
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Since I'm behind on the Batman books there's as usual a fluster of comments on them all. Considering how early we are into all this "new era" of Batman Inc...I can't really judge on anything I see until much of it comes to fruition.

So far, so good.

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

184 Re: Batman on Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:12 pm

LOOSECANNON

avatar
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Is the regular Batman title being overlooked by this new Inc. operation? (Not hypothetical, please respond.)

For those who wanted a full-time Grayson Bats, this should be all that you've asked for. Tony Daniel's detective writing is certainly catching up to his impressive inks. Me likey.

And how about that final page!

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

185 Re: Batman on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:01 am

Batman25JM

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman #705

I didn't care for this at all. I was bored. I didn't find it interesting or entertaining.

Honestly, while I'm still looking forward to Tomasi's run on Batman & Robin, I'm really over Dick being Batman. I've gone back and forth on in, but I'm finally firmly landing on the side of not liking it. I want him back as Nightwing.

View user profile

186 Re: Batman on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:04 am

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:Batman #705

I didn't care for this at all. I was bored. I didn't find it interesting or entertaining.

Honestly, while I'm still looking forward to Tomasi's run on Batman & Robin, I'm really over Dick being Batman. I've gone back and forth on in, but I'm finally firmly landing on the side of not liking it. I want him back as Nightwing.

Well, liking Dick Grayson as Batman, I'm glad he won' be going back to Nightwing. Remember something. It's not the character but the writer who makes the story. So you don't like the writer but that doesn't mean that Dick Grayson as Batman is no longer a good idea. Especially now with this "Batman Inc." I am loving that we have not one but two Batmen. It's awesome.

View user profile

187 Re: Batman on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Batman25JM

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I just do not like the idea of two Batmen.

View user profile

188 Re: Batman on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:33 pm

comicgeekelly

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Dick as Batman was the reason I started to read Batman, so I'm really happy that they've kept him. If it went back to only Bruce I probably would have just dropped the Batman books.

View user profile

189 Re: Batman on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:18 pm

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
comicgeekelly wrote:Dick as Batman was the reason I started to read Batman, so I'm really happy that they've kept him. If it went back to only Bruce I probably would have just dropped the Batman books.
As would I. I think the idea of two Batmen is awesome.

View user profile

190 Re: Batman on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:26 pm

LOOSECANNON

avatar
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Batman #706

Tony Daniel's take on the new Grayson-led Caped Crusader continues to roll. There's no doubt this could be a defining run that will seep through the shiny cracks that are Inc. & Detective... Not afraid to use a cast of thousands but push the plot proficiently, Tony's art is again very very solid. The namesake title is in good hands and I'm stoked.

4/5

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

191 Re: Batman on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:40 pm

LordD3r3k

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Once again I enjoyed the banter between Dick and Damian

View user profile

192 Re: Batman on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:44 pm

RE: #706

This book is really REALLY good right now. I'm really liking Dick as Batman. And I'm really liking Damian as Grayson's Robin as well. I'm hoping for some Damian vs. Enigma/Enigma vs. Catgirl/Catgirl vs. Damian battles. really.

View user profile

193 Re: Batman on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:49 pm

Batman25JM

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman #706

I hated this. I was bored to death. The only thing I liked was the Dick/Damian stuff. Other than that I couldn't stand it.

View user profile

194 Re: Batman on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:33 am

Batman25JM

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman #707

I hated this. It couldn't end fast enough.

I want Daniel off this book!!!!!

View user profile

195 Re: Batman on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:47 am

LordD3r3k

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I didn't hate it, but it just seemed to go through its paces. Maybe the next arc will pick things up

View user profile

196 Re: Batman on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:35 am

LOOSECANNON

avatar
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
I've been a huge fan of his on-and-off run of Batman in the last year or so, but I'll admit this issue was weaker than usual. Still good by any comic standard, though. Glad things are moving on.

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

197 Re: Batman on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:44 pm

There's been something a little banal about Batman in the 700s. I can't place it. I appreciate street level stuff going on in Gotham instead of stuff that's big and grandiose and crazy, but it feels a bit underwhelming. I'd like to see more of the kind of Batman stories Paul Dini does.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum