Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman

+19
Foreigner_Man
jaydee74
TheBrownLantern
alucardbarnivous
Joshua
Bigtymin504
BlueMaxx
Goof
comicgeekelly
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Dcrashman26
LordD3r3k
prescribeddrone
Esbat
Batman25JM
blue halo
Debaser77
shiky800
LOOSECANNON
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

176Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:02 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Honestly, prior to the current storyline here and in Red Robin I hadn't really ever been exposed to Vicki (at least in the comics). I like her here.

I'd be fine with Bruce being with Selina. I do like her, I'm just not an uber fan. Maybe if I had more exposure to her I'd like her more. I haven't read too many comics featuring her and the ones I have read have just been so so.

177Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:47 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Never been a huge fan of Vicki to be honest. She was just a background character as far as I'm concerned and while I like what they are doing with her now, I had always seen Bruce with Selina more than anyone else.

Though Bruce and zatanna would be fun too

178Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:03 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Honestly, prior to the current storyline here and in Red Robin I hadn't really ever been exposed to Vicki (at least in the comics). I like her here.

I'd be fine with Bruce being with Selina. I do like her, I'm just not an uber fan. Maybe if I had more exposure to her I'd like her more. I haven't read too many comics featuring her and the ones I have read have just been so so.

Vicki Vale was included in a Batman story that cemented Tim as Robin back in the 90's. Bruce gave Tim his first Robin costume at the end of this story and the first Robin mini-series where he travels to train takes place right after that event. It's a good story.

I just like the interaction between Bruce and Selina. I've always liked her as a character and the two of them seem to work so well.

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Never been a huge fan of Vicki to be honest. She was just a background character as far as I'm concerned and while I like what they are doing with her now, I had always seen Bruce with Selina more than anyone else.

I agree but it depends on who is writing it I think. Paul Dini has a thing with Bruce and Zatanna in my opinion.

179Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:11 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

I really don't care much for that pairing. I don't like the magic aspect creeping into Batman stories.

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Honestly, prior to the current storyline here and in Red Robin I hadn't really ever been exposed to Vicki (at least in the comics). I like her here.

Vicki Vale was included in a Batman story that cemented Tim as Robin back in the 90's. Bruce gave Tim his first Robin costume at the end of this story and the first Robin mini-series where he travels to train takes place right after that event. It's a good story.

I just like the interaction between Bruce and Selina. I've always liked her as a character and the two of them seem to work so well.

I've read the story where Tim goes to train, but I've never read the story where Bruce gives him the costume. I'll have to seek that out someday.

Despite not being a big fan of Catwoman, the more I think of them together the more I do like it. I mean, I've seen them together before in certain comics and I did like it. She's one woman who could keep up with Bruce. I think I was so for Bruce and Vicki together because I want Bruce to have a steady love interest (who doesn't turn out to be a villain), and Vicki was available for that.

180Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:45 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The story before Tim goes off to train is very good. It cements for me how much regard Tim has for the Robin identity and it's just very good. You should check it out if you can.

I like the dynamic between Selina and Bruce. It's just very interesting to me.

181Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:29 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

RE: #704

I must say...I like this Catgirl. And two Batmans...should be interesting?

182Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman #704

Meh, not horrible, but not great either. I think this was my favorite issue that Daniel has written so far.

I'm not really a fan of the art. I'm just not huge on Daniel's art. I liked it on Teen Titans, but everything since hasn't been my cup of tea.

183Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:51 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Since I'm behind on the Batman books there's as usual a fluster of comments on them all. Considering how early we are into all this "new era" of Batman Inc...I can't really judge on anything I see until much of it comes to fruition.

So far, so good.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

184Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:12 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Is the regular Batman title being overlooked by this new Inc. operation? (Not hypothetical, please respond.)

For those who wanted a full-time Grayson Bats, this should be all that you've asked for. Tony Daniel's detective writing is certainly catching up to his impressive inks. Me likey.

And how about that final page!

185Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:01 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman #705

I didn't care for this at all. I was bored. I didn't find it interesting or entertaining.

Honestly, while I'm still looking forward to Tomasi's run on Batman & Robin, I'm really over Dick being Batman. I've gone back and forth on in, but I'm finally firmly landing on the side of not liking it. I want him back as Nightwing.

186Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:04 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Batman #705

I didn't care for this at all. I was bored. I didn't find it interesting or entertaining.

Honestly, while I'm still looking forward to Tomasi's run on Batman & Robin, I'm really over Dick being Batman. I've gone back and forth on in, but I'm finally firmly landing on the side of not liking it. I want him back as Nightwing.

Well, liking Dick Grayson as Batman, I'm glad he won' be going back to Nightwing. Remember something. It's not the character but the writer who makes the story. So you don't like the writer but that doesn't mean that Dick Grayson as Batman is no longer a good idea. Especially now with this "Batman Inc." I am loving that we have not one but two Batmen. It's awesome.

187Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just do not like the idea of two Batmen.

188Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:33 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dick as Batman was the reason I started to read Batman, so I'm really happy that they've kept him. If it went back to only Bruce I probably would have just dropped the Batman books.

189Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:18 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:Dick as Batman was the reason I started to read Batman, so I'm really happy that they've kept him. If it went back to only Bruce I probably would have just dropped the Batman books.
As would I. I think the idea of two Batmen is awesome.

190Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:26 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Batman #706

Tony Daniel's take on the new Grayson-led Caped Crusader continues to roll. There's no doubt this could be a defining run that will seep through the shiny cracks that are Inc. & Detective... Not afraid to use a cast of thousands but push the plot proficiently, Tony's art is again very very solid. The namesake title is in good hands and I'm stoked.

4/5

191Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:40 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Once again I enjoyed the banter between Dick and Damian

192Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:44 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

RE: #706

This book is really REALLY good right now. I'm really liking Dick as Batman. And I'm really liking Damian as Grayson's Robin as well. I'm hoping for some Damian vs. Enigma/Enigma vs. Catgirl/Catgirl vs. Damian battles. really.

193Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:49 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman #706

I hated this. I was bored to death. The only thing I liked was the Dick/Damian stuff. Other than that I couldn't stand it.

194Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:33 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman #707

I hated this. It couldn't end fast enough.

I want Daniel off this book!!!!!

195Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:47 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't hate it, but it just seemed to go through its paces. Maybe the next arc will pick things up

196Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:35 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I've been a huge fan of his on-and-off run of Batman in the last year or so, but I'll admit this issue was weaker than usual. Still good by any comic standard, though. Glad things are moving on.

197Batman - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:44 pm

DocFaustus

DocFaustus
Cadet
Cadet

There's been something a little banal about Batman in the 700s. I can't place it. I appreciate street level stuff going on in Gotham instead of stuff that's big and grandiose and crazy, but it feels a bit underwhelming. I'd like to see more of the kind of Batman stories Paul Dini does.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum