Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman

+19
Foreigner_Man
jaydee74
TheBrownLantern
alucardbarnivous
Joshua
Bigtymin504
BlueMaxx
Goof
comicgeekelly
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Dcrashman26
LordD3r3k
prescribeddrone
Esbat
Batman25JM
blue halo
Debaser77
shiky800
LOOSECANNON
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

26Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:46 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Goof wrote:Remember this?

Batman - Page 2 Battle-of-the-cowl-teaserjpg

Have all the "secrets" in this picture been revealed?

I'd say so for the most part. We might still seeing some development between Hush and Damian, as well as further development with Harley and/or Alfred

27Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:58 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Yeah, I think most of those cowls have been revealed!

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

28Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:04 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
I'd say so for the most part. We might still seeing some development between Hush and Damian, as well as further development with Harley and/or Alfred
'Bout to mention that.

Batman Annual #27.
Not reading Batman, but I got this one for the Part 1 of Detective Comics Annual #11. This was so very cool. The main story's dialogue really had me going. The kiddie comic was neat, the backstory with Babs and the vamp was very cool, and even the Batcave Manual thingy in the very back.
Anyways, Amon is really interesting. Probably won't get Azrael's title, but it is still good writing.

29Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:10 am

Goof

Goof
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Looks like Bruce is on his way back in April...

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2009/12/09/dcu-in-2010-the-return-of-bruce-wayne-hits-in-april/

30Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:45 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Goof wrote:Looks like Bruce is on his way back in April...

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2009/12/09/dcu-in-2010-the-return-of-bruce-wayne-hits-in-april/

I saw this! That's crazy!

Maybe it needs its own thread...but then again some people might think its a bit spoiler-ish. unsure

31Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:47 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hope when I die my coffin has a revolving door.

32Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:19 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Goof wrote:Looks like Bruce is on his way back in April...

Already? Don't get me wrong, I miss Bruce a TON, and wasn't happy when they "killed" him, but since they did it they should've let it play out longer. It all seems pointless.

All I can think of when I see that first picture of Bruce is Davey Jones from PotC.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

33Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:10 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Meh. I would have liked to have had Dick be Batman longer.

34Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:32 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

comicgeekelly wrote:Meh. I would have liked to have Dick be longer.

lol!

35Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:08 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Batman #694 and #695

I'm surprised there wasn't a lot of reaction to last month's issue as it was pretty damn good. I know a lot of fans got beef with Tony Daniel over Battle For the Cowl (I don't), but you've got to let that go: he's covering all bases and beyond in this current run. Not only is he doing an excellent job penciling every issue, but Daniel's also making sure every little plot thread--and there's a lot of them--is examined thoroughly. I'm also enjoying his characterization of Dick Grayson as Batman. No longer do we have to put up with the "why me" whininess of Judd Winick's version. Grayson proves to be just the bad ass Wayne was, as personafied by the haunting tub scene with Penguin. Dick's conflicted thoughts about Babs and Helena are finely narrated, as well as his determination, throughout all this madness that is Black Mask tearing open Arkham and the Falcones return to fame, is the thought of saving at least one life--Baby D's. This notion depicts Grayson's growth as a man.

This month's issue is even more explosive, engaging more battle sequences between Batman and all culprits behind the mystery. What's up with the lone Gene-Core scientist left alive? The Reaper, another "villain" taking on a former's persona? What exactly is the connection between Black Mask, this Reaper, and the Falcones? A lot of those questions get answered using one word: Katrina. I don't think that's quite a spoiler as you need to see what's explained for it to work. Throw in a few of Batman's older villains cutting in and the brink gets pushed even further. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the use of all the reds earlier in the issue, but if a house was just blown to smithereans I guess it makes sense. Tony Daniel, you're doing a great job.

4/5 Bags&Boards for both books, respectively - What can I say? The man has a handle on meshing the action and pulp noir of Batman and the art is fantastic too.

36Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:31 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I LOVED 694 and 695 Very Happy

37Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:32 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Agreed, I've been enjoying Daniel's work on Batman, even back from BftC

38Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman #695

Meh. I'm sorry, but I just don't love this. I much preferred Judd Winick's arc. I think that Dick is acting too much like Bruce. With Winick it felt like Dick in the Batman suit, not it just feels like Dick is trying to be Bruce and that isn't what I want.

The art is fine, but the coloring seems off. Batman looks like the wrong color to me. I don't know what it is.

39Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:13 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Batman #695

Meh. I'm sorry, but I just don't love this. I much preferred Judd Winick's arc. I think that Dick is acting too much like Bruce.

I disagree, I think Dick is acting like Batman. But you can still tell it's him under the cowl

40Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:40 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Yeah, I really don't want Bruce back lol

41Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:50 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Batman #695

Meh. I'm sorry, but I just don't love this. I much preferred Judd Winick's arc. I think that Dick is acting too much like Bruce.

I disagree, I think Dick is acting like Batman. But you can still tell it's him under the cowl

But see, Bruce IS Batman. That is who he really is, that is his personality. To me it comes across as Dick trying too hard to be Bruce. In Winick's arc Dick seemed like himself. He was smiling, he was out of the shadows, etc. Now, it can be argued that that might not have been the right approach for Dick to take (in the actual DCU not writing wise), but it felt more organic. This feels off. If they were going to have Dick act like Bruce then why even bother "killing" Bruce?

42Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:But see, Bruce IS Batman. That is who he really is, that is his personality. To me it comes across as Dick trying too hard to be Bruce. In Winick's arc Dick seemed like himself. He was smiling, he was out of the shadows, etc. Now, it can be argued that that might not have been the right approach for Dick to take (in the actual DCU not writing wise), but it felt more organic. This feels off. If they were going to have Dick act like Bruce then why even bother "killing" Bruce?

Dick still does those things. Would Bruce be flirting with Oracle while investigating a crime scene? tongue

43Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:53 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:But see, Bruce IS Batman. That is who he really is, that is his personality. To me it comes across as Dick trying too hard to be Bruce. In Winick's arc Dick seemed like himself. He was smiling, he was out of the shadows, etc. Now, it can be argued that that might not have been the right approach for Dick to take (in the actual DCU not writing wise), but it felt more organic. This feels off. If they were going to have Dick act like Bruce then why even bother "killing" Bruce?

Dick still does those things. Would Bruce be flirting with Oracle while investigating a crime scene? tongue

I'll give you that. Laughing

It's just he doesn't seem like Dick to me, but like Dick playing Bruce. I don't like it.

Oh, and the Penguin constantly going wakk wakk (or whatever it is) annoys the hell out of me.

44Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:51 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman: The Widening Gyre #4

Good issue. But I'm trying to figure out what the twist is going to be. It's gotta be something with this Baphomet character, though I can't quite put my finger on it yet..

45Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:06 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman #696

This was a whirlwind of an issue, but in a good way. I think the pace of it kept it interesting. And I'll be honest, I didn't really know what to think of the idea of introducing Damian back in the day, but now I'm glad they did. He has some of the best comedic scenes. "Well, you really screwed up this time, Grayson" as the poor guy is laying there bloody and half unconscious Laughing That little bastard cracks me up

46Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:37 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Batman #696

Now I'm severely convinced Batman comic critics can't be pleased. This is easily yet another highlight among many in Daniel's brief run on the world's most famous superhero, yet I still hear the complaints (not necessarily on POP, people). You've got those questioning Tony Daniel's use of a nonlinear story structure and how difficult that makes for readers. Yet, when Battle For the Cowl was released, many complained the mini was too much of a straight-forward action romp. What exactly do you want!?

Putting my anger aside, #696 is a doozy. As a fan of movies like Reservoir Dogs, Memento, and the like, sometimes this style of writing is actually prefered. Although #696 is Daniel's penultimate issue, the switch-up in pacing actually goes as smooth as a fine pino noir. Sure, you might have to take your time with each panel, but as comic book fans, isn't that what we want? Do we really want to read our books in under 10-minutes? More importantly, the many dangling plot strands Daniel has installed are finally coming to a close.

Oh, the artwork? Simply Daniel's best--at least since R.I.P. Many fans say Jim Lee draws the meanest-looking Bats, but it's hard to dispute against Daniel's resume. This issue just might be the cherry on the top.

As for the not-so-subtle hint in the issue's final pages, I wouldn't count on it too much. But for now, it's sure to keep us guessing.

4/5 Bags&Boards - So far Daniel can do no wrong.

47Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:54 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah 696 was a really fun issue. I enjoyed it a lot.

48Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:41 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman #696

I just didn't care much for this issue.

It wasn't the style of storytelling. I actually like the style used. I was just bored.

I don't care for how Daniel writes Penguin.

I did like Damian in this issue, and I enjoy him more and more as a character each time I see him.

I also thought the art was good.

49Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:57 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Any guesses on who Black Mask is?

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

50Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:00 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:Any guesses on who Black Mask is?

For awhile I thought it might be Arkham, perhaps he had a psychotic break, but I'm not so sure about that anymore

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum