Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

"V"

+34
pumkinheadfan
Aussiemandias
Cliff
Goof
Spider_Fan14
kidspider2099
Rath99
tstrike99
(._Y_.)
Sandman
Combo Mo
Batman25JM
Fresh03
AlienIncognito
hrdwrkngXsoldier
MillionDollarGeek
Gojiratoho
Spaced4SimonPegg
Bigtymin504
Thundermatts
comicgeekelly
Metal Misfit
ChrisToPhenom
SexyToaster
blue halo
Captain Painway
BlueMaxx
Denim
rwe1138
Off_White_Lantern
jaydee74
Debaser77
superdoug
FroZen
38 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

101"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:40 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Only three episodes into the original "ongoing" series, but the new show is defintely going for the first miniseries.

Loved the last episode, and with this one, they seem to be tapping into our fears of the flu-vaccines. Heh.

102"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:32 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

March 30th, V returns with 5th episode, "Welcome to the War."

103"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:33 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really think they should have just waited and had this show's series premiere in March. Airing 4 episodes and then having like a 4 month hiatus is ridiculous.

104"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:44 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wondering exactly why a few shows did this. Like FlashForward.

105"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:10 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

V started airing here last Sunday and all I can say is I hope it improves on the pilot because I thought it was pretty ordinary. Just my opinion of course but I think it suffered from some bad writing and bad acting (that kid is just awful) and, surprisingly, really bad special effects. I wasn't real impressed and having just finished watching Battlestar Galactica recently I detected a bit of similarity with the whole not knowing who might be an alien thing (and, yes, I realise that's certainly not original for BSG either but it is a very fresh plot device that was popular recently).

106"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:21 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm more interested in the return of V than FlashForward but I'll be tuned in.

107"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I really think they should have just waited and had this show's series premiere in March. Airing 4 episodes and then having like a 4 month hiatus is ridiculous.
Damn straight, It seems like like networks don't bother having repeats for shows on hiatus anymore. I can't remember a damn thing about the first couple episodes now, I really need to get back in the loop.

108"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:41 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I really think they should have just waited and had this show's series premiere in March. Airing 4 episodes and then having like a 4 month hiatus is ridiculous.
Damn straight, It seems like like networks don't bother having repeats for shows on hiatus anymore. I can't remember a damn thing about the first couple episodes now, I really need to get back in the loop.
Of the many few things I've agreed with you on, B25JM-you're so correct.

109"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:09 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:
I think you can go and watch the first 4 episodes on ABC.com(I think that's what channel it's on). I did that to get caught up when they aired the first 4 and I missed the second episode. I myself can't wait for the new season!

110"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:35 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Best new sci fi out there. I watched the first four streamed from ABC or NBC online.

Dont know what the complaining above is about with this show. Had one of the best pilots I have ever seen and the effects are top notch. Its sci fi on a regular channel though so it probably wont last very long (see Firefly, Terminator SCC...)

111"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Didn't Terminator last like three seasons? lol. Three years is a pretty good run for a shit tastic show.

112"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:45 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Thundermatts wrote:Didn't Terminator last like three seasons? lol. Three years is a pretty good run for a shit tastic show.

It was on for part of season 1 (writers strike year) and a complete 2nd season. U didnt like the show who cares I was getting at the fact that Sci fi hasnt worked on network television much at all in a long time.

113"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:47 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Yeah, they didn't really think that one through. The same thing can be said for Flash Forward, which I thought out of the 2 shows was the weakest. I get a sinking suspicion that once again, we have another Heroes when it comes to FF. I still haven't decided if I'm dvr'ing that one or not, but V will be set up as soon as it shows up on my schedule.

114"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:13 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

The_Donster wrote:

Yeah, they didn't really think that one through. The same thing can be said for Flash Forward, which I thought out of the 2 shows was the weakest. I get a sinking suspicion that once again, we have another Heroes when it comes to FF. I still haven't decided if I'm dvr'ing that one or not, but V will be set up as soon as it shows up on my schedule.

Yeah I watched some of Flash Forward and thought it was okay at best. Tried really hard to make a Lost like show but FF doesnt come close. Heroes has had an amazingly long run for a show that gets weak viewership and reviews. Hasnt lived up to season 1 and barely resembles the show it was.

In any case these are real shows and not reality, criminal or medical dramas which are what nearly every other show is.

Speaking of "reality" shows did anyone see the TV Guide article on Undercover Boss? Turns out that show is a set up which isnt a shock since reality shows are normally no more real than scripted shows.

115"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:55 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The first two episodes back haven't been bad. Last night's episode was kind filler. Still feels like it is about to crack open, but I don't like how it is dragging the audience through it.

116"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:05 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anybody still watching? I am feeling no...all the characters don't go together. They don't accent each other at all. Some are still strong characters that can hold their own, but I'm just not seeing myself watching too much longer.

117"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:20 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I technically still watching. I'm just two episodes behind. I'll catch up sometime this week.

118"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:24 am

Scarie187

Scarie187
Cadet
Cadet

I'm watching but to be honest I don't see where the hell they are going with this show. Furthermore I wish they'd fight with laser weapons, or guns, or something these knife fights are retarded.

Seriously your an alien race that travels thousands of light years and the most accurate way your species can come up with to kill some one is to stab them? Seriously? Maybe you wouldn't have to play all these games with Earth's populace if you just developed better weapons.

119"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:38 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think that them not showing military, with phasers and super-tech weaponry, helps to dillude the populace of Earth into believing they have nothing to fear.

120"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:24 am

Scarie187

Scarie187
Cadet
Cadet

While I agree with that they don't want the humans to see this kind of weapons. I think the V on V battles could be quicker if they had some kinda laser or handgun. They could have easily sent in a few guys and blasted the humans plotting against them but instead they send in some dudes with a knives. Same with John Mays they could of sent an assassin to put a bullet in his head but they want to hint that their is going to be some kind of knife fight instead.

121"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:04 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't bother with this show anymore, 4 months of no repeats and me missing most of them just makes me not interested in the show no more. Maybe on DVD or something I'll watch it.

122"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:11 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I lost interest real fast with this series.

123"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:16 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jeez...asides from the god-awful bluescreen backgrounds of the ships' interiors, I love the show...

Does anyone who feels the same as me think that Lisa is starting to develop human emotions?

124"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:30 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

I haven't even watched this yet, all my friends say it's cool, I just haven't got around to downloading any episodes yet.

My girlfriend works for a recycling company in Vancouver that does pick ups for "V". She always bringing home concept art and scripts and stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

125"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V" Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:52 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:Jeez...asides from the god-awful bluescreen backgrounds of the ships' interiors, I love the show...

Does anyone who feels the same as me think that Lisa is starting to develop human emotions?

My theory is that
Spoiler:

126"V" - Page 5 Empty Re: "V"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum