Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Invincible

+12
lurchadamo
Spider_Fan14
Heytherejeffro
Thundermatts
Ben Akers
Lee
BlueMaxx
Joshua
Esbat
Justin
rwe1138
alucardbarnivous
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Invincible Empty Invincible Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:36 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heard a lot about the series and picked up the first trade. What do you think makes this such a high-rated book?

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

2Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:43 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Allen the Alien.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

3Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:57 pm

Justin

Justin
Pirate
Pirate

I held the book today, but was not compelled to read it. The cover looked very campy and boring.

4Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:56 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The crazy thing is how the series starts is kinda like Ultimate Spider-man... in that it starts off a little slow but it builds this momentum, and then BAM! It just rockets off at issue 6 or 7. After that its a helluva ride.

http://realityfugitives.com/

5Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:11 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:Heard a lot about the series and picked up the first trade. What do you think makes this such a high-rated book?
Because it's always such a consistently great read. Plus, it's got a hero who's real-life problems get in the way more than his super-hero ones which is something anyone can relate to.

6Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:04 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
alucardbarnivous wrote:Heard a lot about the series and picked up the first trade. What do you think makes this such a high-rated book?
Because it's always such a consistently great read. Plus, it's got a hero who's real-life problems get in the way more than his super-hero ones which is something anyone can relate to.
Ya. He comes off as a new breed of Peter Parker. I honestly, and can easily say, that this is one of the better capes books out there. The entirety of it has a bit of spoof/homage to almost every other superhero comic before it. Very fun book.

7Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:45 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

I read some 20+ issues of this book and was completely underwhelmed. It wasn't bad, but I never understood the draw.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

8Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:44 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Lee wrote:I read some 20+ issues of this book and was completely underwhelmed. It wasn't bad, but I never understood the draw.
It's just old school fun comics. If Lee & Ditko/Romita were doing Spider-Man today, this would be it.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

9Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:42 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Lee wrote:I read some 20+ issues of this book and was completely underwhelmed. It wasn't bad, but I never understood the draw.
It's just old school fun comics. If Lee & Ditko/Romita were doing Spider-Man today, this would be it.
You know what, that is pretty much it. It follows the old formulas with some touches of modern, and some humor by not taking itself too seriously. Which, let's face it, almost all titles in Marvel and DC do just that.

10Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I've found that nearly every Kirkman project (at least his Image ones) start off kind of slow for the first few issues and then hit a point wwhere they simply become pure awesomeness.

I've learned from example to give them time. I read both Invincible #1 and Walking Dead #1 and wasn't too impressed. Later on I bought the trades, and they've become staples of my pull list.

11Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:30 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Surprised no one has commented on the Invincible War. So very cool to see the Image-verse again.

12Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:37 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just read the first two hardcover collections. I must say, this book blows me away. It's easily one of the best comics I've ever read. The characters are likable, the plot lines numerous, the writing witty and top notch, and the art, after the first guy left, is amazing.

And Lee loves the current Marvel books and Transformers 2, so obviously his taste o meter is broken.

13Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:39 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Loathe as I am to do so, I agree with Matt.

14Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:46 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Why loathe? I'm almost always right.

15Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:12 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Invincible is one of my favorite books in the world. It's so fun, and even when it gets really serious, it just "works" as a fun book. I guess there's a very "Silver Age" feel to it that I find refreshing.

Also, Ryan Ottley is one of the most underrated artists out there.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

16Invincible Empty Invincible Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:01 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ben Akers wrote:I've found that nearly every Kirkman project (at least his Image ones) start off kind of slow for the first few issues and then hit a point wwhere they simply become pure awesomeness.

I've learned from example to give them time. I read both Invincible #1 and Walking Dead #1 and wasn't too impressed. Later on I bought the trades, and they've become staples of my pull list.
i read the first ish on Image's website and i didn't really laugh out loud at all (i find that in alot of books i read) but if you guys really do say it gets better as it goes along maybe i'll pick up a trade or something

17Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:04 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's not a comedy.

18Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:36 pm

lurchadamo

lurchadamo
Cadet
Cadet

wow I love this series....preperations for war has been a great set up for the future war! Can't wait...... thumbs up

19Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:40 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh, I know. I'm just wondering how Kirkman can keep Invincible, and even Wolf-Man, going so strongly with all that is building up. He is the king of flow when it comes to current comic writings. My god, the plot points that come together that you'll assume would clash but work out so well. I just hope he can make it to 100 issues at least for Invincible.

20Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:02 pm

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

BlueMaxx wrote:Oh, I know. I'm just wondering how Kirkman can keep Invincible, and even Wolf-Man, going so strongly with all that is building up. He is the king of flow when it comes to current comic writings. My god, the plot points that come together that you'll assume would clash but work out so well. I just hope he can make it to 100 issues at least for Invincible.

Well, Astounding Wolf-Man is ending with #25. I'm interested to see how he finishes the series off.

21Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:15 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anyone else notice Eve's boobs got bigger only for Mark to notice like a panel or two later? I Lol'd HARD.

22Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:21 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't spend alot of time looking at the boobs of drawings, to be quite honest. So, nope.

23Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:Anyone else notice Eve's boobs got bigger only for Mark to notice like a panel or two later? I Lol'd HARD.
Is that a euphemism?

24Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:35 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Esbat wrote:Anyone else notice Eve's boobs got bigger only for Mark to notice like a panel or two later? I Lol'd HARD.
Is that a euphemism?
Only when I do it on your face Twisted Evil

25Invincible Empty Re: Invincible Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:10 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't notice until Mark mentioned it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum