Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trades

+54
supervenom
alucardbarnivous
The Ignored One
BigSoupCan
joegavilan
boberthavok
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Heytherejeffro
elijahdprophet
WonderWoman2.0
Warren_Worthington IV
vikoros
Spazzy
kidspider2099
KingJoffers
Chief Kamachi
DickGrayson007
THALASTDRAGON
TheUncannyJim
Foreigner_Man
Rath99
GigaToast
Spaced4SimonPegg
shiky800
pink*lantern
Metal Misfit
shining knight
wickidchyld
MikeSabian
dmahoney
Velociraptor DJ
r3l0ad
potatojoe
JessJupiter
Administrator
Goof
comicgeekelly
Bigtymin504
LOOSECANNON
Debaser77
jaydee74
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
BlueMaxx
Matt
LordD3r3k
AlienIncognito
andy546
Thundermatts
Tom
pumkinheadfan
prescribeddrone
Batman25JM
Joshua
Aussiemandias
58 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 23]

501Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:13 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Walking Dead Volume 12 - An interesting change to the status quo, and a nice peek into Rick's growing paranoia. Excellent as always.

Daredevil: Guardian Devil - Absolutely amazing. I loved every page of it.

502Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:55 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:

I think somebody is getting that for me for Christmas.

503Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:00 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

^ Enjoy!

504Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:46 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Walking Dead Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye

Okay, so I kept hearing nothing but good things about this for years, but since I'm not a zombie fan I steered clear. People kept saying it wasn't about the zombies, it was about the characters, but I didn't care.

I decided to check out the show when it premiered because everyone else was doing it (yay peer pressure). I ended up LOVING the show, but I still wanted to avoid the comics. I didn't want to spoil anything. Even though the show deviates it will still have some of the big plot points. Well, after I watched the season finale, I realized I couldn't wait about 10 months for more Walking Dead, so I decided to check out the book.

I ended up quite enjoying this. The first half of the trade didn't do much for me. I didn't like the pacing (I preferred how the show did it). The second half of the trade really picked up, and it redeemed the first half. And since the crew on the the PoP!cast said it gets better after the first trade, I'm definitely sticking with it.

I kept thinking about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles while reading this book. The old, original TMNT stuff is the only other comic I've ever read that was made to be in black and white (I've read a bunch of the Marvel Essential stuff and DC's Showcase, but they weren't made to be in black and white), so I kept thinking about it.

Honestly, I didn't hate Shane. He lost it, and was about to do something horrendous, but he wasn't a complete douche like everyone made him out to be. With all the bad stuff I'd heard about him, I was expecting something WAY worse.

505Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:57 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:

Agreed. It's fantastic.

506Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:29 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Honestly, I didn't hate Shane. He lost it, and was about to do something horrendous, but he wasn't a complete douche like everyone made him out to be. With all the bad stuff I'd heard about him, I was expecting something WAY worse.

Agreed, in the end I actually felt bad for him. Still like him more than Rick.

507Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:57 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Doctor Who: The Forgotten. It's a great Doctor Who story.

508Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just finished the first Supreme Power trade, Supreme Power: Contact. While it's all very grim I still found it to be a very good read and Gary Frank's art is just perfect for this.

509Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:14 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Scott Pilgrim Volume 2 - I liked it a lot, but I saw the movie soon after finishing it and now I'm not in much hurry to read the other volumes. I really enjoyed the movie, but now I need to wait to read the other trades until the memory of the movie fades a little bit.

510Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:32 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote: Daredevil: Guardian Devil - Absolutely amazing. I loved every page of it.

I got this as a xmas present...my comic guy said I would love it and gave it to me for 1/2 off in hardback...wow that sounded really dirty didn't mean for it too Laughing

Batman25JM wrote:The Walking Dead Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye

Okay, so I kept hearing nothing but good things about this for years, but since I'm not a zombie fan I steered clear. People kept saying it wasn't about the zombies, it was about the characters, but I didn't care.

I decided to check out the show when it premiered because everyone else was doing it (yay peer pressure). I ended up LOVING the show, but I still wanted to avoid the comics. I didn't want to spoil anything. Even though the show deviates it will still have some of the big plot points. Well, after I watched the season finale, I realized I couldn't wait about 10 months for more Walking Dead, so I decided to check out the book.

I ended up quite enjoying this. The first half of the trade didn't do much for me. I didn't like the pacing (I preferred how the show did it). The second half of the trade really picked up, and it redeemed the first half. And since the crew on the the PoP!cast said it gets better after the first trade, I'm definitely sticking with it.

I kept thinking about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles while reading this book. The old, original TMNT stuff is the only other comic I've ever read that was made to be in black and white (I've read a bunch of the Marvel Essential stuff and DC's Showcase, but they weren't made to be in black and white), so I kept thinking about it.

Glad to see you are giving The Walking Dead a read. Each volume gets better than the last one.

I finished reading Hack/Slash Trailers 2, Dark Days and The Tenth.

511Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:37 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:With all the bad stuff I'd heard about him, I was expecting something WAY worse.
Worse than him trying to kill his best friend so he can continue to fuck his wife? Laughing

512Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:18 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Just got all but 1 volume (1, 2, 3, 5, 6) of the Scott Pilgrim trades on Amazon for just over $25--which gives me the free shipping too.

Why no Vol. 4? Well, for whatever reason, it's going for almost $10, just 2 dollars under retail price. I'll pick this one up next time I net a 40% off coupon at Borders.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

513Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:43 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ I'm thinking about buying that same deal.

514Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:53 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just finished the second volume of Supreme Power: Powers and Principalities. Still all rather grim and dark but that Gary Frank art is just splendid. I thought it was probably better than the first volume. I liked it.

515Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:With all the bad stuff I'd heard about him, I was expecting something WAY worse.
Worse than him trying to kill his best friend so he can continue to fuck his wife? Laughing

Yeah.Laughing

I guess I was expecting him to be an ass in general; a douche through and through. I wasn't expecting him to just have a singular horrible moment where he absolutely snaps.

516Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:08 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just finished up Darwyn Cooke's The Outfit, an adaptation of the book of the same name by Richard Stark. This was amazing. The art was beautiful and it was a good adaptation that wasn't overly faithful. I highly recommend that everybody should check this out.

517Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:32 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Joshua wrote:

Yeah.Laughing

I guess I was expecting him to be an ass in general; a douche through and through. I wasn't expecting him to just have a singular horrible moment where he absolutely snaps.
Just wait until his reanimated corpse rapes Sophia.

518Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:57 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thanks to some after Christmas sales, I picked up Identity Crisis and Hack Slack vol 1. Very Happy

519Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:50 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

My wife got me Captain America: Reborn, X-Necrosha, and Siege for Christmas. Siege was way to abrupt... I'm guessing that it relies heavily on the filler information from the tie-in books. I guess I'll have to get those trades now. X-Necrosha was interesting, but I was thrown off by the fact that it wasn't printed in chronological order. I think I liked the side-story about Proteus more than I liked the Selene story. Also... the Deadpool short in the back was awesome!

520Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider-Man: The Complete Clone Saga Epic - Book 2

I've been wanting to read the Clone Saga forever. I know that it's pretty well loathed by everyone, but I wanted to read it. I didn't read comics much as a kid, so I only got a issue here and there of Spider-Man during the 90s, and the issues I got were from the Clone Saga. I liked them then, so when I really got into comics it was one of the things I most wanted to read. Also, the Scarlet Spider costume is my second favorite costume in comics.

I was thrilled when it was announced they were going to collect the Clone Saga. It would have been way too expensive and time consuming to try to get each issue individually.

I bought the first book, but I have yet to read it. It starts out with stuff that I didn't really want to read, so after purchasing it, I just set it aside. Well, a couple of weeks ago after getting Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and unlocking the Scarlet Spider costume I got the urge to really read the Clone Saga. So, I went out and bought book 2 which had stuff in the thick of the saga.

I actually really liked this. It's not amazing stuff, but it is not as bad as I'd heard. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. I actually really like the Scarlet Spider (his costume and him). I think it's a shame they ended up killing him. I'd love if they brought him back. Also, I loved the Doctor Octopus stuff collected here.

I have heard people say the saga started off good and went downhill. I think the stuff collected in book 2 is not the stuff that is considered bad; it's before everything went to hell. So, I wonder if I'll like the rest of the saga.

I'll eventually go back and read the first book, but I want to continue on from book 2 for now.

521Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:07 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Today I read Daredevil: Yellow and I really liked it. I think this is the best thing by Loeb that I've read by far. The story is as beautiful as the art is.

522Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:10 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

G.I. Joe Vol. 1

I enjoyed this. I've always liked GI Joe in theory, but I didn't really have anything to sink my teeth into (until recently). I couldn't get into the old show (IMO it sucks) and I didn't want to read the old comics. I liked GI Joe: Resolute, and I'm loving GI Joe: Renegades. And lately I've had a huge craving for more GI Joe. So, I figured the IDW comic by Chuck Dixon would be a good thing to check out. It was a relaunch and I love me some Dixon.

The stuff collected here was decent. I don't think it was anything spectacular, but I was entertained enough. I think one problem I had was the sheer amount of GI Joes. I know there are a ton of them, and only a small percentage of them appeared in this trade, but there were still a lot. I get that's the nature of the beast, but I kind of would have rather gotten introduced to a small handful, had them really developed, and then gradually had more introduced. It's one of the few problems I've had with IDW's Transfomers. There are just too many of them, and I'm not versed in them well enough to name them all. One of the things I loved about Beast Wars and I'm loving about GI Joe: Renegades is the smaller cast.

Anyway, I still enjoyed this book. Duke is cool, and Snake Eyes is kick ass. I liked it well enough to pick up the other trades at some point.

523Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:50 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well this isn't a trade but a graphic novel but anyway....I've just finished The Green Woman hardcover graphic novel published by Vertigo. It was by writer Peter Straub, Michael Easton and art by John Bolton. This was a sequel of sorts to Straub's novel The Throat which I read about 15 years ago but couldn't really remember a lot of. I was a bit disappointed by this, not for the story but the art. John Bolton's art if you look panel by panel was just gorgeous but the thing was I really couldn't tell what was going on in a number of sequences. It's all well and good for the art to look good but this is comics and the art still needs to be able to tell a story. In my opinion Bolton failed in this regard. It's probably sacrilege to criticise a veteran like this but I thought it was quite ordinary. If this was an art book then it might be a different story.

524Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:16 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm halfway through Identity Crisis and am kicking myself for not reading it sooner. So good!

525Trades - Page 21 Empty Re: Trades Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:03 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Today I read Daredevil Visionaries: Frank Miller vol. 2. Wow, just fantastic stuff. Some older comics have an older feeling to them, but this didn't at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum