The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trades

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 22 of 23]

526 Re: Trades on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
comicgeekelly wrote:Today I read Daredevil Visionaries: Frank Miller vol. 2. Wow, just fantastic stuff. Some older comics have an older feeling to them, but this didn't at all.

I tried to read that a year or so ago (maybe more) and despite my absolute love for DD, I just couldn't get into it. To me it did feel dated. I used to read comics from the 70s and 80s all the time a few years back, but I just can't anymore. They are to bloated with unnecessary exposition.

View user profile

527 Re: Trades on Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:36 am

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I didn't think it was much different from the more current Smith, Bendis, and Brubaker runs on the book.

View user profile

528 Re: Trades on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:27 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I finished reading Daredevil: Guardian Devil. I can't stand Kevin Smith, but I really enjoyed this comic. I also finished X-23 issue 3. I am loving this character. I also finished Dark Wolverine issue 3 and am currently reading Dark Wolverine: My Hero vol. 2. I love Daken I love you

------------------------------------

Spaced Asylum

Spaced Twitter

Spaced Facebook
View user profile

529 Re: Trades on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:32 pm

Debaser77

Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven
^ I'm glad they're keeping Daken around and are finding things to do with him. He's actually quite a fascinating character.

Hell has frozen over...I am now on the Twitter at http://twitter.com/Debaser77

View user profile

530 Re: Trades on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:29 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Debaser77 wrote:^ I'm glad they're keeping Daken around and are finding things to do with him. He's actually quite a fascinating character.

Each issue gets better and better with him. His dialogue is great and his backstory is awesome.

Spaced Asylum

Spaced Twitter

Spaced Facebook
View user profile

531 Re: Trades on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:45 am

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Got "Spider-Man/Human Torch" by Dan Slott

hardcover for 12 dollars.

View user profile

532 Re: Trades on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:41 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
comicgeekelly wrote:Today I read Daredevil: Yellow and I really liked it. I think this is the best thing by Loeb that I've read by far. The story is as beautiful as the art is.

It's insanely good.

I read Doctor Who: The Forgotten. It's insanely good and a good "sampler" of sorts of the entire Doctor Who history.

View user profile

533 Re: Trades on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life (Volume 1)

I enjoyed this. I wasn't blown away or anything, but it was decent. I'll probably get around to checking out the rest of the volumes at some point, but I'm in no hurry.

View user profile

534 Re: Trades on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:33 am

Ordered these:

Conan: Black Colossus
Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns
The Quitter
Lady Death: Origins Volume 1
Lovebunny and Mr. Hell Volume 1

View user profile

535 Re: Trades on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:58 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I just finished The Goon Volume 0: Rough Stuff. This was really very good and I'm looking forward to getting more Goon trades.

View user profile

536 Re: Trades on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:15 am

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Teen Titans Vol. 1: A Kid's Game

I think this may have now passes The Ultimates 1 & 2 as the story I've read the most times.

I love it so much. Geoff Johns did great work with the Teen Titans. I think this is my favorite run of his.

This was back when the team was "right" in my eyes because it had Robin, Kid Flash, Superboy, and Wonder Girl all together (and later Speedy and Ravager with them which made things even better). This was also when Wonder Girl was actually a good character.

I love the dynamic of the team. In theory I prefer the team when the elder Teen Titans aren't with them and the "kids" can run the team by themselves, but it really works here. Everyone just fits.

I LOVE that Nightwing is the one who breaks up the fight between the JLA and the TT. I love the respect he's given.

I so wish that Tim Drake and Speedy would rejoin the team.

Also, this book spawned one of my favorite pieces of artwork ever. This cover by the late, great Michael Turner.

Oh, I love that so much!!

View user profile

537 Re: Trades on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:47 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Hack/Slash My First Maniac
Batman and Robin (greyson/damien)
The Tenth issue 1
Hack/Slash Trailers 1 & 2
Heart of Hush

I enjoyed all of the above Very Happy

Spaced Asylum

Spaced Twitter

Spaced Facebook
View user profile

538 Re: Trades on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:05 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Teen Titans Vol. 2: Family Lost

I love it, I love it so much. I don't care how many times I read it, I love it just as much each time.

View user profile

539 Re: Trades on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:23 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I am reading The Boys: Herogasm Shocked either Ennis didn't get laid enough or he got laid to much Laughing

Spaced Asylum

Spaced Twitter

Spaced Facebook
View user profile

540 Re: Trades on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:51 am

LordD3r3k

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
potatojoe wrote:I'm halfway through Identity Crisis and am kicking myself for not reading it sooner. So good!

yes

I bought this way after it was released and it made me wish I was reading those books sooner. That whole timeframe was a great natural buildup to the fracturing of the JLA

View user profile

541 Re: Trades on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:42 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
The Marvels Project Hardcover
Secret Avengers: Mission To Mars Hardcover
Avengers: Vol 1 Hardcover
Avengers: World Trust (Geoff Johns) Hardcover
Marvel 1602 Hardcover
The Irredeemable Ant-Man (Issues 1-12)
Black Panther: Enemy Of The State
Black Panther: The Client (I ordered from a different seller and IT WAS MIXED UP AND THEY SENT ME ENEMY OF THE STATE and now I have two so I hope they exchange it)

All within 2 weeks.

Shocked

View user profile

542 Re: Trades on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:23 pm

All of this is from the past two weeks or so, only bought a few of them.

The Immortal Iron Fist Volumes 1 and 2: First volume was a little confusing at first, mainly because I was not too familiar with the character. Pushed through it and loved every page. Great art for the style, and I love the whole kung-fu movie vibe that the book gives off. The second volume was a great read, just wish that there was more Immortal Weapon combat on panel, but I can't complain too much. Can't wait to pick up the third volume and see where it leads to next. 4.5/5

Witchblade Volume 7: Another great read. So glad I picked this book up. The art is phenomenal as always and the writing is top-notched. Probably one of my favorite books at the moment. Need to buy volume 8 as soon as possible. 5/5

Alias Volume 1: Cool read, a little dry at points. The art was great, and I really liked all the dialog in the book, which is prefect for a book like that. Too much action would have ruined it. 4/5

View user profile

543 Re: Trades on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:44 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^^^ There was a bunch of Immortal Weapons one-shots released around the end of the series. I think they might have collected them in a trade.

Also, have you started to live at Half Price Books? lol

View user profile

544 Re: Trades on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Only thing left there is IIF 3, then back to the LCS

View user profile

545 Re: Trades on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:49 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Just finished The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Volume 1. I know I'm a bit behind the times but I've never read any of these books before. I totally enjoyed it. Great story and even better dialogue by Alan Moore and perfect art for the book by Kevin O'Neill. I'll be getting more. Kind of relieved, too, because I was not impressed by the movie when I saw it.

View user profile

546 Re: Trades on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:53 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I finished reading The Boys: Herogasm and that was terrible.

I also read Wolverine Origins Dark Reign and that was pretty good. I loved the ending art.

Spaced Asylum

Spaced Twitter

Spaced Facebook
View user profile

547 Re: Trades on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:44 am

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Teen Titans Vol. 4: The Future is Now

It had been a while since I read this. I still absolutely love it. Geoff Johns' run on Teen Titans is one of my favorites. Here Speedy finally joins the group (I so wish they'd put her back on the team), and it's awesome. This is just great stuff.

View user profile

548 Re: Trades on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:52 am

Debaser77

I read Preacher Vol. 1: Gone To Texas over the weekend. I absolutely loved it, and I can't wait to read more!

View user profile

549 Re: Trades on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:51 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Debaser77 wrote:I read Preacher Vol. 1: Gone To Texas over the weekend. I absolutely loved it, and I can't wait to read more!

That is a good series. I just got vol. 6.

Spaced Asylum

Spaced Twitter

Spaced Facebook
View user profile

550 Re: Trades on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:37 pm

Debaser77

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:I read Preacher Vol. 1: Gone To Texas over the weekend. I absolutely loved it, and I can't wait to read more!

That is a good series. I just got vol. 6.

Yeah, I held off on reading it for a long time, because I usually don't like stories that poke fun at religion, but this is just so well-written and well-drawn, I couldn't resist it. Great stuff.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum