The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Captain America

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

176 Re: Captain America on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:26 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Captain America #612

I really enjoyed this issue.

It reminded me of Brubaker's arc of Daredevil where Matt was in prison, and that is some of my favorite DD stuff.

The art was decent. Guice didn't really do a Kirby homage (though there were a few Kirby-esque images).

I'm glad that Brubaker addressed Bucky's arm because I was thinking about it.

View user profile

177 Re: Captain America on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:55 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:Captain America #612

I really enjoyed this issue.

It reminded me of Brubaker's arc of Daredevil where Matt was in prison, and that is some of my favorite DD stuff.

The art was decent. Guice didn't really do a Kirby homage (though there were a few Kirby-esque images).

I'm glad that Brubaker addressed Bucky's arm because I was thinking about it.

I think this court case is going to be fascinating if done well. I really hope Brubaker gets right into it even though it may seem like boring subject matter - I think it could be quite tense if told well. I think it's going to be really tough for Bucky to get off this.

View user profile

178 Re: Captain America on Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:32 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Ouch. This is the first time I've not liked a Captain America issue a whole deal--not counting the pitiful, manga-laden backup either. I just felt like this issue, went nowhere..."The Trial Begins Here!" the front cover claims. Yet all that's exposed is a witness video from Mini Red Skull 3-years ago. Snooze.

At least the art was decent.

2.5/5 - Middling

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

179 Re: Captain America on Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:34 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Issue #613

Well I thought it was a great start to a storyline with excellent potential - puts all the pieces in play and sets the trial up nicely. It builds up the idea that Bucky is pretty much screwed and I'm not real sure how he's going to get out of this. I actually think Sin and Master Man would do Bucky a lot of harm if they busted him out of prison - interesting to see if that's part of their plans.

I like Butch Guice's art when it's inked by (I think) Gaudiano - the rest of it not so much. One thing though - is Guice stuck in the 60s? Sharon Carter's hairstyle in her scenes is straight out of another era.

View user profile

180 Re: Captain America on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Captain America #613

Soooooo damn good. I loved it. This storyline is excellent so far, and it is showing the potential to be amazing.

The art didn't bother me as much this issue. I liked some parts more than others, but I didn't hate any of it.

You know, I'd love it if Michael Lark came on the book to do the art.

View user profile

181 Re: Captain America on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:50 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Captain America #614

Another excellent issue.

This storyline is just great.

View user profile

182 Re: Captain America on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:48 am

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Thumbs up, never read the back-up. I guess it's gone next month.

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

183 Re: Captain America on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:00 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
The latest issue still hasn't turned up at my comic shop. Grrrrrr.

On a brighter note...Stever Rogers is going to be the new back-up in this title in a couple of months time!!! I'd actually prefer that there was no back-up and the price dropped but I'll take this as the next best thing.

View user profile

184 Re: Captain America on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:49 am

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Aussiemandias wrote:The latest issue still hasn't turned up at my comic shop. Grrrrrr.

On a brighter note...Stever Rogers is going to be the new back-up in this title in a couple of months time!!! I'd actually prefer that there was no back-up and the price dropped but I'll take this as the next best thing.

Steve is going to be the new backup? About fucking time. As long as Sean McKeever is nowhere near the writing duties, I might check it out.

View user profile

185 Re: Captain America on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:24 am

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Aussiemandias wrote:The latest issue still hasn't turned up at my comic shop. Grrrrrr.

Sweet!! This is great news. So, do you know if Brubaker is writing the backup?

View user profile

186 Re: Captain America on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:02 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I would certainly hope so as I think there aren't a lot of people who write Steve Rogers better than Brubaker and it would be nice for him to be able to write the main story and the backup. Having said all that, not sure how busy he is with the main story for Captain America and Secret Avengers and whatever else he's doing but it would be cool. It might even make me reconsider getting Captain America again. Might.

View user profile

187 Re: Captain America on Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I think Brubaker writing a Steve Rogers backup would be the perfect place to pick up the plot threads he left after the Super Soldier mini.

View user profile

188 Re: Captain America on Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:32 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Again, that would make a hell of a lot of sense.

View user profile

189 Re: Captain America on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:47 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm sure it's Bru!

View user profile

190 Re: Captain America on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:30 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
With the new backup I will be picking up this book again.

View user profile

191 Re: Captain America on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:29 pm

The main book itself is amazing Kelly, you've been missing out.

View user profile

192 Re: Captain America on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:49 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
The backup just bothers me so much. I'd like to believe that my dropping the book helped get rid of the backup (I know that's not true. Shut up and let me have my moment!")

View user profile

193 Re: Captain America on Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:45 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
The backup bothered me, but not enough to drop the book. I just love Brubaker's Cap too much to do that. And honestly, now that Nomad is done, I'd actually rather have a Steve backup written by Brubaker than not have a backup. The book would most likely be $3.99 either way, and Brubaker writes such a good Steve that I want the backup.

View user profile

194 Re: Captain America on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:52 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
comicgeekelly wrote:With the new backup I will be picking up this book again.

I'll consider it. Since I dropped it like 2 arcs ago, I might just trade wait. I shall see Very Happy

View user profile

195 Re: Captain America on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:51 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Captain America #615

Good issue. I love seeing Bucky and Steve fight together.

I definitely didn't see that end coming. Can't wait to see what happens next.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum