The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Captain America

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

51 Re: Captain America on Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:13 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^I feel the same way about the Nomad backup. I actually feel that way about almost every single backup in the DC books. I don't care about most of the characters.

View user profile

52 Re: Captain America on Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:20 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:^I feel the same way about the Nomad backup. I actually feel that way about almost every single backup in the DC books. I don't care about most of the characters.

I don't buy a DC book with a backup. I'm not sure what I am going to do if they add backup stories in Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps.

View user profile

53 Re: Captain America on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:15 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^Personally, I'm not a fan of the whole backup concept. I'm much rather, if they insist on charging $3.99, and want to add some content to justify it, they just increase the length of the main story. I wouldn't mind so much paying #3.99 for a book if it was a 30 or so page story.

I get that the backups allow characters who maybe can't support a book to have a chance to shine, but honestly, I don't care about most of them. They are a waste. The Captain Atom backup in Action Comics is beyond awful. The Manhunter backup in Batman: SOG is the only one that I think is any good, but I still don't really care for it.

I think they should just have a book that is solely dedicated to featuring stories about these characters. Each issue could have 3 8 page stories and that way we can get rid of the backups. The only problem is that I don't think that'd sell very well, and the backups are used as an excuse to charge more.

With all that said, if they ever did a backup in Green Lantern I wouldn't mind it if it was about Larfleeze, though I don't really want them to do it because I don't want to pay more.

View user profile

54 Re: Captain America on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:42 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
The Manhunter backup has been excellent, maybe that's because she deserves her own book again. Other than maybe a few minor exceptions (I don't mind the Blue Beatle or Queston backups), most of them ARE terrible.

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

55 Re: Captain America on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:45 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
If they did a backup in Green Lantern, I would like to see it involve John Stewart since he's not all that involved in the main book and he is supposed to be. As for the Green Lantern Corps, if they did a backup story, I would like to see an old school "Tales of the Green Lantern Corps" where they focus on a different GL from a different sector for each story. That would be cool.

View user profile

56 Re: Captain America on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:53 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Shhhh...I'm cool with my $2.99 Twisted Evil

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

57 Re: Captain America on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:58 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
LOOSECANNON wrote:The Manhunter backup has been excellent, maybe that's because she deserves her own book again. Other than maybe a few minor exceptions (I don't mind the Blue Beatle or Queston backups), most of them ARE terrible.

Yeah, the Question and BB backups are the only other one that I kinda like.

View user profile

58 Re: Captain America on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Toothgrinder

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
jaydee74 wrote:I just don't get why of all characters we need to get a backup story with, it had to be Nomad. I would love to have the backup be of Steve Rogers. Maybe they could show us how he's fitting back into the world after the events of Reborn. That would have been much cooler and worth the extra dollar. I don't care about Nomad so why would I want an entire backup story devoted to her? I wouldn't mind her being a supporting character but that's about it. I am a bit curious about the 50's Captain America though and I guess that's the only reason I'm still on board with this title for now.

I never was a big Nomad fan either but I do remember liking the issue where he got killed.

View user profile

59 Re: Captain America on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:48 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
LOOSECANNON wrote:Shhhh...I'm cool with my $2.99 Twisted Evil
You and me both.

View user profile

60 Re: Captain America on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:49 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Toothgrinder wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I just don't get why of all characters we need to get a backup story with, it had to be Nomad. I would love to have the backup be of Steve Rogers. Maybe they could show us how he's fitting back into the world after the events of Reborn. That would have been much cooler and worth the extra dollar. I don't care about Nomad so why would I want an entire backup story devoted to her? I wouldn't mind her being a supporting character but that's about it. I am a bit curious about the 50's Captain America though and I guess that's the only reason I'm still on board with this title for now.

I never was a big Nomad fan either but I do remember liking the issue where he got killed.
I remember that issue and it was good.

View user profile

61 Re: Captain America on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:53 am

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
#602 was pretty good, I didn't even read the backup. No thanks on that. This sucks that this book is 3.99 with an uninteresting backup character.

View user profile

62 Re: Captain America on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:48 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
LOOSECANNON wrote:Aussie, even though you constantly give me shit (hah!), well put.
You know I was thinking recently I probably give you too hard a time so sorry if it comes across that way, mate.

LOOSECANNON wrote:
CA #602

On the art tip, Luke Ross does a good job at emulating Steve Epting's style, which is very loosely penciled, giving the book the same espionage-feel it had going for it. I hate the backup, and I'll just leave it at that.
Yeah, I haven't normally liked Luke Ross's work but I think he did well here. Butch Guice's inks probably helped keep everything look consistent with the Captain America feel.

Batman25JM wrote:
I'm not too thrilled with Bucky's new arm. I know it's better and will allow him to fit in better, but I liked the robotic arm look.
Yeah I'm totally with you here! I really liked that old arm and how it looked.

jaydee74 wrote:I just don't get why of all characters we need to get a backup story with, it had to be Nomad. I would love to have the backup be of Steve Rogers. Maybe they could show us how he's fitting back into the world after the events of Reborn. That would have been much cooler and worth the extra dollar. I don't care about Nomad so why would I want an entire backup story devoted to her? I wouldn't mind her being a supporting character but that's about it.
Yeah I just didn't get the choice of backup here. As I said above it doesn't fit with the feel of the book and Nomad's not really a character who's part of Cap's world here. Here's some backups that would have made sense:

Steve Rogers
Sharon Carter
Falcon
Black Widow

jaydee74 wrote:If they did a backup in Green Lantern, I would like to see it involve John Stewart since he's not all that involved in the main book and he is supposed to be. As for the Green Lantern Corps, if they did a backup story, I would like to see an old school "Tales of the Green Lantern Corps" where they focus on a different GL from a different sector for each story. That would be cool.

LOOSECANNON wrote:Shhhh...I'm cool with my $2.99 Twisted Evil
I think GL Corps would be a perfect book for a backup where you could focus on different members but as you guys say I'd rather just keep the price as it is.

View user profile

63 Re: Captain America on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:58 am

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Hey Aussie I remember you said the Nomad mini was pretty good, you think its worth a look? Been considering checking it out, especially if the Young Avengers are in it...

View user profile

64 Re: Captain America on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:07 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote:Hey Aussie I remember you said the Nomad mini was pretty good, you think its worth a look? Been considering checking it out, especially if the Young Avengers are in it...
Well I didn't mind it but I don't know if everyone would. I think I just find her situation interesting and how she was dealing with it. It's nothing spectacular but I find her a likeable character. As for the Young Avengers - they play a really small role in it.

View user profile

65 Re: Captain America on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:17 am

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Aussiemandias wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Hey Aussie I remember you said the Nomad mini was pretty good, you think its worth a look? Been considering checking it out, especially if the Young Avengers are in it...
Well I didn't mind it but I don't know if everyone would. I think I just find her situation interesting and how she was dealing with it. It's nothing spectacular but I find her a likeable character. As for the Young Avengers - they play a really small role in it.
Ah ok, thanks. Yeah I'm intrigued by her as a character too. I might check it out.

View user profile

66 Re: Captain America on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:12 am

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Aussiemandias wrote:

I also think her situation is interesting. I still don't need to see a backup story with her in it.

View user profile

67 Re: Captain America on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:26 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
jaydee74 wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:

I also think her situation is interesting. I still don't need to see a backup story with her in it.
Which I also said above. I'm certainly not defending the backup.

View user profile

68 Re: Captain America on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:29 pm

LordD3r3k

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I think I'm stuck on the "why" of this entire story. So, Red Skull created a time-traveling gun to make Steve "stuck" in time, only to pull him back later so they can transfer his consciousness into Steve's body.. since Skull failed to transfer into the baby. (But if the original intent was to transfer to the baby, why not just kill Steve instead of creating this crazy time traveling gun?)

So I guess the question is, why did Steve have to get stuck in the timestream for Red Skull to possess him? I mean, we saw numerous times in this very story that Skull was able to bodyjump in real time with his machine. So why couldnt they just kidnap Steve and strap him to the transfer machine? Why all the hullabaloo of time traveling?

View user profile

69 Re: Captain America on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:31 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
LordD3r3k wrote:I think I'm stuck on the "why" of this entire story. So, Red Skull created a time-traveling gun to make Steve "stuck" in time, only to pull him back later so they can transfer his consciousness into Steve's body.. since Skull failed to transfer into the baby. (But if the original intent was to transfer to the baby, why not just kill Steve instead of creating this crazy time traveling gun?)

So I guess the question is, why did Steve have to get stuck in the timestream for Red Skull to possess him? I mean, we saw numerous times in this very story that Skull was able to bodyjump in real time with his machine. So why couldnt they just kidnap Steve and strap him to the transfer machine? Why all the hullabaloo of time traveling?

Your logical and reasonable questions hurt my head. Stop. Wink

View user profile

70 Re: Captain America on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:19 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
LordD3r3k wrote:I think I'm stuck on the "why" of this entire story. So, Red Skull created a time-traveling gun to make Steve "stuck" in time, only to pull him back later so they can transfer his consciousness into Steve's body.. since Skull failed to transfer into the baby. (But if the original intent was to transfer to the baby, why not just kill Steve instead of creating this crazy time traveling gun?)

Hey buddy! The way I understand it is, the gun "froze him in time and space" according to Zola. So Red Skull's plan was to have Steve "stuck" in time and space forever I'm assuming, so he could take over Steve's body. He couldn't just jump into Steve's body with Steve's consciousness still there because Steve would fight him off (like he's doing now). The problem is, Sharon Carter damaged the machine created by Doom during the procedure, thus causing Cap to become "unstuck" in time and float through various experiences throughout his life, from which he has eventually found his way back from and is now fighting Skull for possession of his own body. So that was the wrench in Red Skull's plan...Cap was supposed to stay "stuck" in time and space rather than "unstuck" so he could have sole possession of the body.

It is a tad confusing but I think it will make more sense once #6 comes out and everything is eventually revealed in future issues.

View user profile

71 Re: Captain America on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:53 pm

LordD3r3k

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote:Hey buddy! The way I understand it is, the gun "froze him in time and space" according to Zola. So Red Skull's plan was to have Steve "stuck" in time and space forever I'm assuming, so he could take over Steve's body. He couldn't just jump into Steve's body with Steve's consciousness still there because Steve would fight him off (like he's doing now). The problem is, Sharon Carter damaged the machine created by Doom during the procedure, thus causing Cap to become "unstuck" in time and float through various experiences throughout his life, from which he has eventually found his way back from and is now fighting Skull for possession of his own body. So that was the wrench in Red Skull's plan...Cap was supposed to stay "stuck" in time and space rather than "unstuck" so he could have sole possession of the body.

It is a tad confusing but I think it will make more sense once #6 comes out and everything is eventually revealed in future issues.

Wouldnt it just have been easier to clone Steve? ..again

View user profile

72 Re: Captain America on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:31 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Hey buddy! The way I understand it is, the gun "froze him in time and space" according to Zola. So Red Skull's plan was to have Steve "stuck" in time and space forever I'm assuming, so he could take over Steve's body. He couldn't just jump into Steve's body with Steve's consciousness still there because Steve would fight him off (like he's doing now). The problem is, Sharon Carter damaged the machine created by Doom during the procedure, thus causing Cap to become "unstuck" in time and float through various experiences throughout his life, from which he has eventually found his way back from and is now fighting Skull for possession of his own body. So that was the wrench in Red Skull's plan...Cap was supposed to stay "stuck" in time and space rather than "unstuck" so he could have sole possession of the body.

No he wants the real deal this time!! Laughing Wink

View user profile

73 Re: Captain America on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:01 am

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

No he wants the real deal this time!! Laughing Wink

Accept no substitutes!

View user profile

74 Re: Captain America on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:01 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Reborn #6 was A-fucking-mazing. Loved it. That "look, that's him! Captain America!" splash was pure awesomeness in colored ink on paper.

View user profile

75 Re: Captain America on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:21 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Well.....Damn! I thought #6 wouldn't do a thing for me since I knew what was going to happen and even read the first part of a new story with Bucky as Captain America but damn! Reborn #6 kicked so much ass! Loved it. I also loved Steve being confused that Norman Osborn had his own Avengers. Overall, this issue freaking rocked!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum