The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hulk

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Hulk on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:18 am

Esbat

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm right smack dab in the middle of reading Hulk #16, continuing the Red Hulk storyline and I gotta say, bravissimo Loeb. All the inane seemingly pointless fights and throwdowns are suddenly explained. Rulk, *shudder*, was lashing out blindly and now he's regretting it as he became what he hated most... The Hulk.

I'll keep reading but damn if my curiosity and issue after issue of seemingly utter senseless violence finally gets sewn up in the first half of this issue.

View user profile http://realityfugitives.com/

2 Re: Hulk on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:07 am

Sandman

Ninja
Ninja
i think I liked him better with out a concious. it all seems so pointless to me. and we STILL do not know who he is!

View user profile

3 Re: Hulk on Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:44 am

BlueMaxx

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm dropping Incredible Hulk and Hulk at the end of next month. Right when their story-arcs roughly end and Son of Hulk's series is done. I wanted to jump off before the $4 sideseries add pointlessly to my poorness. If it is fun, I'll back-issue for cheaper.

View user profile

4 Re: Hulk on Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:48 am

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Even though Loeb goes a bit too wild with his ideas, issue 16 was fun.

View user profile

5 Re: Hulk on Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:03 am

Esbat

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Sandman wrote:i think I liked him better with out a concious. it all seems so pointless to me. and we STILL do not know who he is!
Its clearly the Spider-Marriage incarnate. One too many Spidey vs/Team Ups caused by Banner has made it manifest into a plot device that spans multiple titles.

View user profile http://realityfugitives.com/

6 Re: Hulk on Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:30 pm

shiky800

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
prescribeddrone wrote:Even though Loeb goes a bit too wild with his ideas, issue 16 was fun.
i agree this book is fun.

View user profile

7 Re: Hulk on Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:44 pm

shiky800

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
i just read the new issue of incredible hulk i think it is 604 and i have to say it isn't that good. I think i will drop the book

View user profile

8 Re: Hulk on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:29 pm

Interesting. I found the Incredible Hulk series to be quite interesting while Loeb's Hulk came across as a silly book trying to be serious (and still failing at that). I like tech hero Banner. And though we will be seeing less of him, sadly, I feel they created a type of hero that could be utilized in other stories or scenarios. I do feel, however, that much like the Loeb series, a great deal of suspension of belief has to go into accepting Banner's access and time to build the things he does.

View user profile

9 Re: Hulk on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:42 pm

Rath99

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I've been sticking with Hulk because my curiosity won't let me drop it. The story has gotten better. I think it will all come to a conclusion in Fall of the Hulks.

------------------------------------

View user profile

10 Re: Hulk on Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:32 am

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Both Hulk books are entertaining now. Sure, Loeb sometimes goes wild but it's amusing. Fall Of Hulks seems cool pretty cool, well hopefully it'll be something relevant.

View user profile

11 Re: Hulk on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:47 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Incredible Hulk #604

The best Hulk book at least since World War Hulk, maybe even Planet Hulk. Ariel Olivetti's larger-than-life figures match well with a book full of giants. Hell, even the back-up vignette rebounds and shines again. As for the Incredible story itself, Greg Pak allows Banner to be the flawed hero here, confronting a familiar foe but also building a relationship despite the vast mess of a world that are Harpy, A-Bomb and Leader.

Incredible Hulk reminds me a lot like Harry & The Hendersons, with the comical dumb giant being both loved and loathed by his family but dramatic enough to keep your attention. If it's a silly analogy, check out the mixture of dilemme and laughter Pak rounds up and tell me I'm wrong. I know fans are divided in their loyalties with both Hulk books, but none of this will matter when they crossover in the upcoming months.

3/5 Hulk Smashes - If you miss WWH or Planet Hulk, go get it.

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

12 Re: Hulk on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:51 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I like Incredible Hulk, but I will be dropping it once this arc ends.

View user profile

13 Re: Hulk on Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:01 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm only reading this to see if they F'd up Domino and made her part of the SheRulk. I had no idea how many gama irradiated people there were in the MU. It makes me a little happy that I mostly avoid Hulk books, but if you aren't reading this... don't, save your money for X-factor or Incredible Hercules

View user profile

14 Re: Hulk on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:46 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Fall of the Hulks Alpha #1

This is the story formerly known as War of the Hulks Laughing
It was good to see The Leader back in the Hulk books, plus this Intelligencia group is pretty intriguing. Most of this issue is just set up for the FotH story, but Jeff Parker did a solid job. At least we got to see some of the Red Hulk's origin, even if it wasn't his identity. I think the Hulk books would be in much better shape if they dumped Loeb and had Greg Pak and Jeff Parker take over together...but doesn't look like that's gonna happen. *sigh*

Oh and M.O.D.O.K. in a scuba suit was just classic. Laughing

View user profile

15 Re: Hulk on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:23 am

Nymn

Pirate
Pirate
I like the Intelligencia group. Loved the part where Doom just screws them all over at the end. Classic Doom! Let the partners lackeys do all the legwork!
I think these guys would make great opponents in the Agents of Atlas title.

View user profile

16 Re: Hulk on Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:54 am

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Honestly, FOH: Alpha bored me a bit. Did they really have to take a 3rd of the issue recap what happened just to tell how the RULK is powered? I dunno, a few pages would have worked as well.

View user profile

17 Re: Hulk on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:39 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Fall of the Hulks: Alpha #1

I've had little to no interest in this event, formerly named World War Hulks, mainly because of the name Jeph Loeb. And it's a shame it's come to that because Loeb's been one hell of a writer in the past (Dark Victory, Daredevil: Yellow). Luckily, one of Marvel's aces steps in and laces a gem. Things only get tricky when Loeb's version of Hulk's world gets thrown into it near issue's end. We all know of his incarnation, and it's something we've got to deal with. Word has it that Parker is taking on a mini for the Rulk, so perhaps this character could be likable to the more serious Marvel crowd. I like things as fantastic as the next, and it's not worth mentioning how Rulkdiculous the Hulk book has been.

Alpha is all about The Leader and his own version of the Illuminati, The Intel. The banter and squabbling between silver age villains is priceless and the Perezish art featuring lots of panels and lots of stuff in them from Pelletier fits the storyline. They go onto discover a double-crossing, in aluded to the origin of Red Hulk, but not the identity. There's still lots to love here as the book takes quite a fair time to read. It's always nice to get a $3.99 book that doesn't seem thin.

Parker and Pak are writers that add the right edge to the Hulk saga and if it weren't for Loeb, I'd be here for the entire ride. Thankfully, this special reads well enough on it's own.

4/5 Eggheads - A very good buy

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

18 Re: Hulk on Wed May 12, 2010 6:56 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
So was anyone really surprised on the reveals of the Red Hulk and the Red She Hulk?

View user profile

19 Re: Hulk on Wed May 12, 2010 10:42 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Not I.

View user profile

20 Re: Hulk on Wed May 12, 2010 10:57 pm

LordD3r3k

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
jaydee74 wrote:So was anyone really surprised on the reveals of the Red Hulk and the Red She Hulk?

Which would be, what?

View user profile

21 Re: Hulk on Thu May 13, 2010 9:27 am

Sandman

Ninja
Ninja
LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:So was anyone really surprised on the reveals of the Red Hulk and the Red She Hulk?

Which would be, what?
yeah who is it?

View user profile

22 Re: Hulk on Thu May 13, 2010 9:50 am

Spoiler:
Red Hulk is General Ross (they showed this). Red She-Hulk is more or less said to be Betty (she calls Ross "father"). So unless he has another daughter we don't know about. I just looked over Hulk and not Incredible Hulk, so they may say more there (I sincerely doubt it).

View user profile

23 Re: Hulk on Thu May 13, 2010 9:59 am

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
What the good Doctor said.

View user profile

24 Re: Hulk on Thu May 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Fresh03

Ninja
Ninja
Called it since about issue three. Not sure how it could have been a surprise to anyone with how obviously Loeb laid out the clues to his identity and then hers was just a matter of simple arithmatic after her first appearance.

Spoiler:
Has anyone besides Ross ever called someone a Milk Sopp in the entire history of the Marvel Universe?

View user profile

25 Re: Hulk on Thu May 13, 2010 7:50 pm

LordD3r3k

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Fresh03 wrote:Called it since about issue three. Not sure how it could have been a surprise to anyone with how obviously Loeb laid out the clues to his identity and then hers was just a matter of simple arithmatic after her first appearance.

Spoiler:
Has anyone besides Ross ever called someone a Milk Sopp in the entire history of the Marvel Universe?

Yeah, but..
Spoiler:

Didn't Ross and Rulk appear in the same panel when Hulk finally beat him earlier in the series? huh

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum