Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Radio Thread

+5
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Matt
andy546
Sci-Fi
ChrisToPhenom
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Radio Thread Empty The Radio Thread Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:05 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't remember seeing a radio thread on WUMB and I see there's none (or even a mention!) here on PoP. Post your favorite radio stations you like listening to including satellite if you would like.

1. Kiss FM - Hit Music

2. The Eagle - Pure Rock

3. i93 - Hit Music

2The Radio Thread Empty Re: The Radio Thread Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:41 am

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

106.9 K-Hits Hit music basically.
104.5 A rock station basically.

3The Radio Thread Empty Re: The Radio Thread Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:41 am

andy546

andy546
Cadet
Cadet

I listen to 105.7- The Walrus. It basically plays rock songs from the 50's through to the end of the 70's. On Sundays they have, what they call, "Breakfast With the Beatles", in which it's five straight hours of Beatles tunes.

4The Radio Thread Empty Re: The Radio Thread Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:26 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

andy546 wrote:I listen to 105.7- The Walrus. It basically plays rock songs from the 50's through to the end of the 70's. On Sundays they have, what they call, "Breakfast With the Beatles", in which it's five straight hours of Beatles tunes.

Hey that's neat... Wink

5The Radio Thread Empty Re: The Radio Thread Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:41 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

I have not listen to regular radio in almost 4 years unless I was in someone else car and couldn't get away.

6The Radio Thread Empty Re: The Radio Thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:57 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Matt wrote:I have not listen to regular radio in almost 4 years unless I was in someone else car and couldn't get away.

I'm along the same lines. Far too many commercials for me and the selection is not always the best. The ones I used to listen to (and if I must),still do:

1. The Arrow - Classic Rock

2. The Buzz - More modern rock

3. The Box - Hip-hop - Though the current nature of hip-hop and their damn play selection sucks a considerably embarrassing amount of ass. shake my head

7The Radio Thread Empty Re: The Radio Thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:58 am

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Matt wrote:I have not listen to regular radio in almost 4 years unless I was in someone else car and couldn't get away.

I'm along the same lines. Far too many commercials for me and the selection is not always the best. The ones I used to listen to (and if I must),still do:

1. The Arrow - Classic Rock

2. The Buzz - More modern rock

3. The Box - Hip-hop - Though the current nature of hip-hop and their damn play selection sucks a considerably embarrassing amount of ass. shake my head

Why I barely listen to Radio. Why I stick to Youtube or cd's.

8The Radio Thread Empty Re: The Radio Thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:17 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Laughing C'mon, Chris, my music amigo, you know radio isn't the future...

No one dictates to ME what I'll listen to. yes Albums, internet radio where you can make your own station, MySpace Music (where entire albums being uploaded is a genius idea). That's all you need.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

9The Radio Thread Empty Re: The Radio Thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:34 pm

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Metal Misfit wrote:Laughing C'mon, Chris, my music amigo, you know radio isn't the future...

No one dictates to ME what I'll listen to. yes Albums, internet radio where you can make your own station, MySpace Music (where entire albums being uploaded is a genius idea). That's all you need.

Exactly.

10The Radio Thread Empty Re: The Radio Thread Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:53 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sci-Fi wrote:

Why I barely listen to Radio. Why I stick to Youtube or cd's.

Metal Misfit wrote:Laughing C'mon, Chris, my music amigo, you know radio isn't the future...

Sci-Fi wrote:

Exactly.

True, but there's nothing like hearing artist interviews, anticipating song debuts, hilarious morning shows and live club but I know what you mean. I'm actually learning all three of those stations hours just now because of my Mp3 player and the internet.

What popular site can I create my own radio station exactly?

11The Radio Thread Empty Re: The Radio Thread Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:16 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Morning shows are AWFUL. Every city has the same jackasses laughing at things that aren't funny and the nationally syndicated shows (like Bob & Tom) are the worst trying to be outrageous and bringing in no-name comedians that are apparently the funniest people in the world. I'm sorry, I just HATE radio with a passion. Wink

Song debuts? Those usually get streamed (or leaked) weeks or months before making it to radio. Interviews are all over the internet as well.

Build your station: pandora.com, last.fm... I know there's a number of others, but those are the two I have personally used. You pick the genres, the artists, the songs, etc and it goes from there and if there's a song/artist you don't want playing, you just tell them and you'll never hear it again.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

12The Radio Thread Empty Re: The Radio Thread Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:53 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal Misfit wrote:Morning shows are AWFUL. Every city has the same jackasses laughing at things that aren't funny and the nationally syndicated shows (like Bob & Tom) are the worst trying to be outrageous and bringing in no-name comedians that are apparently the funniest people in the world. I'm sorry, I just HATE radio with a passion. Wink

Song debuts? Those usually get streamed (or leaked) weeks or months before making it to radio. Interviews are all over the internet as well.

Build your station: pandora.com, last.fm... I know there's a number of others, but those are the two I have personally used. You pick the genres, the artists, the songs, etc and it goes from there and if there's a song/artist you don't want playing, you just tell them and you'll never hear it again.
Yeah, but waydeo is cool! Laughing I haven't listen enough to judge Kiss FM's morning show yet because I've been too busy (you've guess it) finding leaks...to Timbaland's Shock Value II.

Thanks for the sites-I've never tried that before...it would be awesome if in the future you could not only make your own radio station but listen to away from the computer on your Mp3 player... Oh, to dream. drunken

I'll check them out when I gt the chance.

13The Radio Thread Empty Re: The Radio Thread Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:24 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I usually don't listen to radio because the DJ's here talk non stop and they are really annoying plus the stations play the same 5 songs for 8 hours straight.

I listen to satellite radio from Sirus..The Heat, Sirius #1, 90's on 9, Pulse, BBC Radio, Lithumn and Alt Nation.

14The Radio Thread Empty Re: The Radio Thread Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:37 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I usually don't listen to radio because the DJ's here talk non stop and they are really annoying plus the stations play the same 5 songs for 8 hours straight.

I listen to satellite radio from Sirus..The Heat, Sirius #1, 90's on 9, Pulse, BBC Radio, Lithumn and Alt Nation.
I have Sirius I should install into the car-it's really amazing commercial free and all.

15The Radio Thread Empty Re: The Radio Thread Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:17 am

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

I have Sirius also. It's the greatest I will never go back. I listen to howard100, Classic rewind, 1st wave, faction, sirius xmu, chill, backspin, and the joint

16The Radio Thread Empty Re: The Radio Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:43 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I want to thank Metal Misfit for referring me to Last.fm and Pandora. They are top-notch sites though I just read the limitations for Pandora and I have to say I'm not surprised-they know what they're doing. You can only listen to 40 hours of music per month but can have unlimited listening including other nice features like having an ad-free experience and the application to listen to your radio without a browser for $36 a year...that's worth it.

I don't know Last.fm's limitations but I wouldn't be surprised if they followed the same strategy. I also love the fact that you can stream from Xbox Live-that's awesome! I might subscribe to Last.fm and use Pandora as a light secondary option but what I love most about these sites is that the stations will not only play for example, Linkin Park which you add to your favorite artist but also plays bands and artist that may seem similar to them! I already can play Linkin Park or any other artist on my Mp3 player anytime so not being able to choose an exact song and become surprised when an actual song of your favorite artist plays is an epic win. I already read some complaints about that and all I have to respond to that is buy their albums-this is the radio.

Though I'll be using these sites, I still love the sound of listeners calling to request a song live on air. Being able to listen to Last.fm on iPhone on the go with its app is another good reason to check this out. Thanks again and for ones who haven't registered on these sites, I've posted the links to them below-if your new to this type of thing, use Pandora first.

Pandora-
http://www.pandora.com/

Last.fm-
http://www.last.fm

17The Radio Thread Empty Re: The Radio Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:12 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

100% agreed.

I hate the radio and these days 99% of mainstream pop radio music is horrible. A lot worse than probably any music era. When somebody I don't control turns on the radio, I feel like going nuts because the music sucks so much.

And satellite radio is alright but totally not worth paying for in my opinion.

18The Radio Thread Empty Re: The Radio Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:44 pm

wickidchyld

wickidchyld
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

96X WROX "Alternative" Rock
it's about the only station i listen to
i have 3158 songs (8.5 days) worth of music on my 'puter, who needs radio? tongue
i pretty much listen for the mike and bob show mainly

http://twitter.com/wickidchyld

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum