Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iron Man

+13
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Batman25JM
gangsternerd
THALASTDRAGON
Sir Not
Aussiemandias
Rath99
LOOSECANNON
prescribeddrone
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
shiky800
Bigtymin504
Administrator
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Iron Man Empty Iron Man Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:33 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Talk about anything related to the man in armor. Titles include: Invincible Iron Man, War Machine and Iron Man and the Armor Wars.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

2Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:44 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can't wait for Stark Disassembled to start! World's Most Wanted was an amazing arc, and I expect that to continue with this arc.

Iron Man 1251312654

(variant)
Iron Man StarkDis

3Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:38 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

agreed i can't wait till the next story arc with ironman starts

4Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:30 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Indeed. I'm looking forward in seeing how this works out.

5Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:47 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I dropped the book but I might have to check out this arc. It looks good.

6Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:24 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:I dropped the book but I might have to check out this arc. It looks good.

Iron Man Th_Copyof1258137573631

Laughing

7Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:04 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:I dropped the book but I might have to check out this arc. It looks good.
so you didn't read most wanted?
cause it was one of the best ironman stories i have read

8Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:01 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Invincible Iron Man #20

Not to be confused with the tie-in that helped contribute to the epic decimation that was Avengers trinity, Tony Stark Disassembled is a real treat in character work. I hope fans of the Iron Man movie and toys don't get the wrong idea; there's no Shellhead swooping in from the sky shooting down on his foes with electro-beams and transistor-rockets. Rather, it's literally a dead man pulling a 2Pac, allowing us a journey into the preordained mindset that was Tony Stark. Now that Seige begins as soon as next week with it's Cabal issue, and maybe more importantly Iron Man 2 opening in May, we should expect Tony Stark back in the armored saddle.

However, with the way Fraction's been writing this run and going by some of the repeated dream sequences that take place in the issue, one cannot be too sure. We know Marvel's a marketing machine, but being Fraction's baby, he's not going to make this arc too cut-and-dry. Matty Fract's got a plan; and while it's to take Norman Osborne's head off with absolute power, Stark Disassembled is going to be a wild experience in character work nowhere worth missing.

4/5 Bags&Boards - Excellent

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

9Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:48 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Invincible Iron Man #20

If this wasn't such a jam packed week of great books, this would have been an easy call for book of the week, hands down. Tony's message from "beyond the grave" for his friends was really heartfelt and gave us an idea of how he's felt about all the things that have happened since Civil War. Stark Disassembled looks like another stellar arc by Fraction on this book.

Oh and I love the new trade dress for the book..

Iron Man Invironman20_pic3

10Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:52 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

For some reason I got the other cover...I liked them both...tough call.

11Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:59 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:For some reason I got the other cover...I liked them both...tough call.

This one right..
Iron Man 1251312654

Yeah that one is awesome too, nice homage to the scene with Tony and dead Cap from Civil War: The Confession. For some reason, I couldn't find that one at my LCS so I went with the other one, which I didn't mind at all.

12Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:50 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was going to get IM 20 but FORGOT! I was in a rush :-\

13Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:50 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i have to say ironman #20 was great the story was a great read it was great to get to see a little into the mind of tony. one thing i don't get is why does pepper have a problem with tony coming back? you would think she would be the first person to want him to come back

14Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:48 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:i have to say ironman #20 was great the story was a great read it was great to get to see a little into the mind of tony. one thing i don't get is why does pepper have a problem with tony coming back? you would think she would be the first person to want him to come back

Yeah that whole scene with Pepper was a little off. I understand why she would want the others to come back but why fight bringing Tony back?

15Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:28 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:
shiky800 wrote:i have to say ironman #20 was great the story was a great read it was great to get to see a little into the mind of tony. one thing i don't get is why does pepper have a problem with tony coming back? you would think she would be the first person to want him to come back

Yeah that whole scene with Pepper was a little off. I understand why she would want the others to come back but why fight bringing Tony back?
Yeah I get what you guys are saying about that. I kind of think it's one of those moments when she's probably happy and sad at the same time. She's probably just recognised with so much bad stuff that's happened why is that Tony's the one that brings it all back together. I guess maybe she just realises that it does seem a little unfair even if she loves Tony. Or perhaps just poor writing from Fraction.

I like what Fraction's done with this book but he still has his moments of X-Men-like crapiness now and then. I particularly hated the start of his video where he makes the gag that he's at an AA meeting. To me, that was just typical Fraction writing where he puts something in that's cool or funny but as far as I'm concerned just wouldn't happen in that situation. I'm just glad he's reigned in on this book (either by himself or the editors) and this is a good read.

16Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:42 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Aussiemandias wrote:I particularly hated the start of his video where he makes the gag that he's at an AA meeting. To me, that was just typical Fraction writing where he puts something in that's cool or funny but as far as I'm concerned just wouldn't happen in that situation.

Have you seen the movie? Since this title is merely based on the characterizations of Robert Downey Jr. from the film, I DEFINITELY see him making jokes even when preparing for his own demise. That's simply how witty/sarcastic the character was in the film and I'm sure Fraction's whole run's done a good job basing his Iron Man on the flick.

17Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:27 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:
Have you seen the movie? Since this title is merely based on the characterizations of Robert Downey Jr. from the film, I DEFINITELY see him making jokes even when preparing for his own demise. That's simply how witty/sarcastic the character was in the film and I'm sure Fraction's whole run's done a good job basing his Iron Man on the flick.
I've never seen that this book has ever been based on the movie or Robert Downey Jr's portrayal of Tony Stark. While I'm not a huge fan of Fraction I think that's hugely underselling the work he's done on this book. I don't see that he's taken that approach at all.

18Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:21 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

oh well...that Iron Man rocked lol

19Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:41 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Invincible Iron Man interview with Fraction:

http://comics.ign.com/articles/105/1053020p1.html

20Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:48 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Rath99 wrote:

Yeah I get what you guys are saying about that. I kind of think it's one of those moments when she's probably happy and sad at the same time. She's probably just recognised with so much bad stuff that's happened why is that Tony's the one that brings it all back together. I guess maybe she just realises that it does seem a little unfair even if she loves Tony. Or perhaps just poor writing from Fraction.
Here's what Fraction said about it:

IGN Comics: Over the last year or so you've really been playing up the romantic tension between Tony and Pepper, but in this issue Pepper had sort of an unexpected reaction to the idea of Tony coming back. Can you explain her thoughts on the matter and why the situation upsets her so much?

Fraction: We get to see and hear more from Pepper and what she's going through next issue and where that reaction came from. She's been through a lot. They've all been through a lot, and people's emotional reactions are never simple. It's a complicated time for everybody, and what Pepper is going through becomes crystal clear next issue – what and why she's going through. She needs to speak her mind. She's a hero she loves Tony. Of course she's going to help; that's not the question. What does she need to say? What does she need to get out? She needs to mourn this loss and deal with this flood of emotion she's gone through over "World's Most Wanted", and that's really what this is about. She's going to have a chance to take the stage next issue.

Aussiemandias wrote:I like what Fraction's done with this book but he still has his moments of X-Men-like crapiness now and then. I particularly hated the start of his video where he makes the gag that he's at an AA meeting. To me, that was just typical Fraction writing where he puts something in that's cool or funny but as far as I'm concerned just wouldn't happen in that situation. I'm just glad he's reigned in on this book (either by himself or the editors) and this is a good read.
I think Tony would absolutely make a crack like that. He's about to leave a very intense message for his friends, I think its perfectly in-character for him to try and cut the tension with a nervous joke like that. That's typical Tony Stark, not "typical Fraction writing" if you ask me.

21Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:52 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:I like what Fraction's done with this book but he still has his moments of X-Men-like crapiness now and then. I particularly hated the start of his video where he makes the gag that he's at an AA meeting. To me, that was just typical Fraction writing where he puts something in that's cool or funny but as far as I'm concerned just wouldn't happen in that situation. I'm just glad he's reigned in on this book (either by himself or the editors) and this is a good read.
I think Tony would absolutely make a crack like that. He's about to leave a very intense message for his friends, I think its perfectly in-character for him to try and cut the tension with a nervous joke like that. That's typical Tony Stark, not "typical Fraction writing" if you ask me.

I have to agree. Tony has always had something of a morbid sense of humour. The lack of remorse for what he did is also pretty much close to his general personality.

22Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:54 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:I particularly hated the start of his video where he makes the gag that he's at an AA meeting. To me, that was just typical Fraction writing where he puts something in that's cool or funny but as far as I'm concerned just wouldn't happen in that situation.

It actually seems like its the other way around...

IGN Comics: Jon Favreau recently mentioned how he took some direct inspiration from your work on Invincible Iron Man for the second Iron Man movie. Did you have conversations with him about adapting that material?

Fraction: Yes. [laughs] Jon Favreau and Kevin Feige both were big fans of Invincible, and that was, I think, why I was called in, to talk about that stuff and work through it. They had the books, they had printouts of the issues that hadn't come out yet, they had copies of scripts that hadn't been drawn. They had been copiously annotated. These guys really do their homework and look at the comics hard and really want to honor and respect the material. I think that's going to resonate with every frame of Iron Man 2. It's going to be really, really great.

Favreau and company have apparently consulted a lot with with Fraction and company over Iron Man 2. Invincible Iron Man literally started days after the release of Iron Man 1, so its kinda natural that they've played off eachother a bit.

23Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:27 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

I have to agree. Tony has always had something of a morbid sense of humour. The lack of remorse for what he did is also pretty much close to his general personality.
Oh well fair enough. I guess I pretty much hate Fraction's dialogue writing in general so sometimes I might see things that aren't there. As far as his lack of remorse goes I totally bought that.

24Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:55 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

Oh well fair enough. I guess I pretty much hate Fraction's dialogue writing in general so sometimes I might see things that aren't there. As far as his lack of remorse goes I totally bought that.

Haha yeah I know you're not a huge fan of Fraction, but you gotta admit he's killin it on this book. I like him for the most part...while his Uncanny work has been pretty hit or miss (art having a lot to do with it), his Thor: Ages of Thunder one-shots and co-written run with Brubaker on Immortal Iron Fist were just awesome. Plus, I loved The Order, very unappreciated book IMO.

25Iron Man Empty Re: Iron Man Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:31 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Haha yeah I know you're not a huge fan of Fraction, but you gotta admit he's killin it on this book. I like him for the most part...while his Uncanny work has been pretty hit or miss (art having a lot to do with it), his Thor: Ages of Thunder one-shots and co-written run with Brubaker on Immortal Iron Fist were just awesome. Plus, I loved The Order, very unappreciated book IMO.
To tell you the truth I blame the editors a bit for what's going on with Uncanny. I dropped that book and I'd definitely drop Iron Man if I wasn't liking Fraction's work here but I definitely agree that he's done a great job. Like you I also liked The Order and I liked Iron Fist too. So maybe there's a certain style he's going for with X-Men which I don't really like.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum