The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dragon Age: Origins

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Dragon Age: Origins on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:14 am

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
Come on Painway, let's dish. You can find my profile on Bioware's site - MnemosisonPoP

I haven't gotten very far yet, I'm a slow gamer, but so far, I'm really loving it. The combat is surprisingly satisfying for a non-FPS and the dialog and voice acting are really top notch. Expect an Outside the Longbox on it before the end of the month.

------------------------------------
View user profile

2 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:55 am

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Is this like Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, gameplay wise? It looks pretty cool...

View user profile

3 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:50 pm

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
prescribeddrone wrote:Is this like Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, gameplay wise? It looks pretty cool...

Not really. Oblivion could be played first person, or over the shoulder third. This can be played over the shoulder third, or top down like a more typical RPG. Additionally, you have a party of up to four members including the main character, and can either take control of the other members directly, or plan out tactics for them to follow. Classes are also much more specialized. If you're not a mage, you have no access to spell casting. Period. Also, you can get a pet warhound. That's pretty damned awesome right there.

View user profile

4 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:02 pm

Goof

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
The thing I don't like about this game is that every character has a voice actor except you. Not even a "Yes" or "No". Your character just stands there with his mouth shut. Other than that it's a pretty cool game.

View user profile

5 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:11 pm

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
Yeah, that's going in the OtLB... the main character's silence is... unnerving.

View user profile

6 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:34 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Mnemosis wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:Is this like Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, gameplay wise? It looks pretty cool...

Not really. Oblivion could be played first person, or over the shoulder third. This can be played over the shoulder third, or top down like a more typical RPG. Additionally, you have a party of up to four members including the main character, and can either take control of the other members directly, or plan out tactics for them to follow. Classes are also much more specialized. If you're not a mage, you have no access to spell casting. Period. Also, you can get a pet warhound. That's pretty damned awesome right there.

That sounds pretty cool, I'll be sure to check it out when it's cheaper.

View user profile

7 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:13 am

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I saw the commercial for this game and so wanted it. It looks amazing.

View user profile

8 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:03 am

elijahdprophet

PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster
I just finished it last night, 55 hours played in the 2 weeks since it has been out. I am like a hermit sometimes.

Great story, satisfying gameplay, a ton of intrigue in the plot. It was like reading a really awesome book, and I didn't want it to end.

Now, time for my Total Bastard playthrough.

View user profile

9 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:27 am

Goof

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I love when the forest ogre picks me up with one hand and beats me to death with the other. My character would yell "aaaah!" if he could talk. Laughing

View user profile

10 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:42 pm

elijahdprophet

PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster
Goof wrote:I love when the forest ogre picks me up with one hand and beats me to death with the other. My character would yell "aaaah!" if he could talk. Laughing

Wait until
Spoiler:
One of your guys gets picked up in a fucking dragon's mouth and shaken around like a dead mouse

View user profile

11 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:28 pm

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
elijahdprophet wrote:I just finished it last night, 55 hours played in the 2 weeks since it has been out. I am like a hermit sometimes.

Great story, satisfying gameplay, a ton of intrigue in the plot. It was like reading a really awesome book, and I didn't want it to end.

THIS IS MY EXACT PLAN! (though it'll take me a year and a half to get to a second play through.

Right now, I'm a female elf/rogue/assassin good guy, but my second play through will be as a human male mage who has nothing but contempt for everything. Except his dog, who'll be named Bronx this time out. I MAY hack it to give myself unlimited health, or something, because I'm toying with the idea of a solo playthrough.

View user profile

12 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:36 pm

elijahdprophet

PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster
Mnemosis wrote:
elijahdprophet wrote:I just finished it last night, 55 hours played in the 2 weeks since it has been out. I am like a hermit sometimes.

THIS IS MY EXACT PLAN! (though it'll take me a year and a half to get to a second play through.

Right now, I'm a female elf/rogue/assassin good guy, but my second play through will be as a human male mage who has nothing but contempt for everything. Except his dog, who'll be named Bronx this time out. I MAY hack it to give myself unlimited health, or something, because I'm toying with the idea of a solo playthrough.

Are you sure you aren't me in disguise? That was pretty much my first play through and plans for the second. Arcane Warrior and Blood Mage seem like a good fit for a guy who plans to murder everything good in the world.

Hacking infinite health isn't a bad plan, but on Casual the game is pretty damn easy. If you have Arcane Warrior your mage can use his magic stat in place of strength to equip gear, so you can have a mage in full plate.

But yeah, my 'good' character running assassin/duelist is like a walking blender that I feed darkspawn to.

View user profile

13 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:22 pm

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
elijahdprophet wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:

Are you sure you aren't me in disguise? That was pretty much my first play through and plans for the second. Arcane Warrior and Blood Mage seem like a good fit for a guy who plans to murder everything good in the world.

Hacking infinite health isn't a bad plan, but on Casual the game is pretty damn easy. If you have Arcane Warrior your mage can use his magic stat in place of strength to equip gear, so you can have a mage in full plate.

But yeah, my 'good' character running assassin/duelist is like a walking blender that I feed darkspawn to.

See, I'm terrible at games, so even on the easiest setting, I'm challenged. I wouldn't acll it "hard" but it's also not a walk in the park for me. That said, if I'm all alone, I'll probably need some sort of added edge up.

For the mage, I couldn't decide if I wanted blood mage or shapeshifter, and for my rogue, I was thinking bard but will likely go duelist

View user profile

14 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:01 pm

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
http://panelsonpages.com/?p=14797

View user profile

15 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:25 pm

darth__frodo

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
Christmas is soooo close.... Shocked *adds to list of things for mother-in-law to buy me*

View user profile

16 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
YAY Daisy! It's soooooo good!

View user profile

17 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:47 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Nice review! Sounds like I'll like it. And is Manson actually on the trailer? If so, that's cool. I didn't know they used New Shit for that game trailer. It fits, musically at least Very Happy

View user profile

18 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:08 pm

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
I had not seen that video prior to purchasing the game. If I had, I likely would've blown a justice load when I went through the checkout. That is one of the greatest trailers ever, period. It MAY be fan made, but I don't think so.

View user profile

19 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:54 am

Goof

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
This game just gets better the more you play!
Spoiler:
The friggin' Dragon fight rocks!
I sit there just grinning at the screen. Rolling Eyes

View user profile

20 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:19 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
It installed, but NO SOUND. Which confuses the fuck out of me.....

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

21 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:01 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
This game does NOT work for the PS3, there's no sound at all. Sad

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

22 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:01 pm

(._Y_.)

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
My kids got it for me for Christmas. X-BOX 360 - 40 bucks!!! I'm super stoked to play it.

View user profile

23 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:59 pm

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
Play as a girl for some HLA!

View user profile

24 Re: Dragon Age: Origins on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:17 pm

(._Y_.)

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Mnemosis wrote:Play as a girl for some HLA!

HLA for the win!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum