The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Teen Titans

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126 Re: Teen Titans on Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:36 pm

WonderWoman2.0

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
You totally glossed over the fact that Donna was their leader...but whatever. I seriously think you guys aren't getting the significance of having a female leader give up leadership to the guy that was there before and what that means to girls who read comics (because guess what? we do read comics! educated ), especially since I really don't think Red Robin is going to be around permanently, considering he's not even on the cover of the next few books, whereas most of the team is. You guys are all going around saying pretty much this, "Tim needs to be the leader, Cassie needs to step down." Sorry, but that's demeaning her character, no matter what reasons you cite, and no matter how loudly you insist that you like her character. What you're saying is you like her character...so long as she's not getting in Tim's way. And to a girl who reads comics like, it makes you sound kinda lame.

If this were a question of whether or not Tim should lead this particular mission, since it originated in his book, and having Cassie back him up, I would be fine with that, because it started out as his gig. But that's not the argument here, and I don't think I'm gonna make any progress trying to defend anyone who isn't Tim, so enjoy him while you have him. Laughing Laughing Laughing

------------------------------------
View user profile http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

127 Re: Teen Titans on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:02 am

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Teen Titans #92

I really enjoyed this issue. The interactions between Tim and Damian were great.

The art wasn't my favorite. It grew on me a little, but I wasn't too big on it.

I felt really bad for Damian at the end. When he's talking to Tim and saying he did try to be less himself for the team. It was sad. The end with him and Dick was great.

I honestly would have liked both Tim and Damian to be on the team. I like their dynamic.

I honestly think that Tim is back on the team. When they ask him to come back he doesn't say no. Then Damian says they already have their Robin. There is also the stuff with Tim and Damian where he says that it was hard enough to be on the team but adding him (Tim) to the mix makes it worse. After that Tim doesn't say anything about not being back. I think that if he had decided not to rejoin he'd say something about it to Damian.

I don't think Tim not being on the cover to the next few issues means that he isn't back. The whole thing with this issue was "which Robin will remain with the team as a full-fledged Titan?". If that was the question of the issue it would make sense to not include Tim on the cover of the next few issues. If they had put him on there it would have spoiled his return.

View user profile

128 Re: Teen Titans on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:07 am

Spider_Fan14

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Forgot that I had to read Red Robin #20 to get the first part of this story so I just kinda skimmed it. I hate that
Spoiler:
they killed off Kid Eternity.
It just gives a vibe of the team not caring or looking for whom-should-not-be-spoiled in the first place.

View user profile

129 Re: Teen Titans on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:11 am

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Spider_Fan14 wrote:Forgot that I had to read Red Robin #20 to get the first part of this story so I just kinda skimmed it. I hate that
Spoiler:
they killed off Kid Eternity.
It just gives a vibe of the team not caring or looking for whom-should-not-be-spoiled in the first place.

Spoiler:
Kid Eternity has been dead for quite some time.

View user profile

130 Re: Teen Titans on Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:05 am

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I just remembered that jaydee was counting on me to fill him in on this issue. So, if you still want to know...

Spoiler:
The Teen Titans fight a bunch of Calculator robots/bombs. After that they track the Calculator's location to underneath a nightclub. They go in to the club and bust down to where the Calculator is. When they get there he attacks them with more robots (but not ones that look like him). The robots start to overpower the team. They bind them up and then the Calculator shows footage of him torturing and killing Kid Eternity.

The Calculator wants to kill Cassie because he blames her for Marvin's death. After seeing the footage Cassie goes into a rage (because she feels like she failed Kid Eternity). She and Conner break free, but the robots blast them. The rest of the team is still bound. Damian throws a blade and disables the robots, freeing the team. Cassie goes after the Calculator and seems to be ready to kill him (while Damian and Ravager encourage her to do it). Tim talks her down and she lets go of the Calculator and backs off. Damian then proceeds to stab the Calculator with his sword, revealing that this isn't the real Calculator, but another robot (though the robot thinks he's the real deal). Tim knew it was a robot, but still talked Cassie down because she thought he was real and killing him would have seemed real to her and he didn't want her to cross that line. Damian knew it was a robot before stabbing him because Tim's "not the only detective here". Cassie then destroys the robot. After all this Tim uses "we" instead of "I" which prompts Bart to ask about him rejoining the team. Damian takes this cue to quit saying that the team already has their Robin.

Back in Gotham Tim and Damian have a conversation about Damian leaving. Tim says that Damian doesn't have to leave on his account and Damian says that they prefer having Tim around. Tim tells Damian that he doesn't make it easy for others to get along with him, and Damian says that he thought the Titans formed so they could be themselves. Tim then says that maybe Damian could be a little less like himself and Damian replies with "*TT* I tried". The final page is of Damian and Dick where Dick notices that thanks to his short time with the Titans Damian is more patient and has learned some new moves (and he isn't using his blades). Damian then tells Dick he's sorry, and that he knew Dick wanted him to make friends, but he already has a friend in Gotham and one is more than enough.

View user profile

131 Re: Teen Titans on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:49 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:I just remembered that jaydee was counting on me to fill him in on this issue. So, if you still want to know...

Spoiler:
The Teen Titans fight a bunch of Calculator robots/bombs. After that they track the Calculator's location to underneath a nightclub. They go in to the club and bust down to where the Calculator is. When they get there he attacks them with more robots (but not ones that look like him). The robots start to overpower the team. They bind them up and then the Calculator shows footage of him torturing and killing Kid Eternity.

The Calculator wants to kill Cassie because he blames her for Marvin's death. After seeing the footage Cassie goes into a rage (because she feels like she failed Kid Eternity). She and Conner break free, but the robots blast them. The rest of the team is still bound. Damian throws a blade and disables the robots, freeing the team. Cassie goes after the Calculator and seems to be ready to kill him (while Damian and Ravager encourage her to do it). Tim talks her down and she lets go of the Calculator and backs off. Damian then proceeds to stab the Calculator with his sword, revealing that this isn't the real Calculator, but another robot (though the robot thinks he's the real deal). Tim knew it was a robot, but still talked Cassie down because she thought he was real and killing him would have seemed real to her and he didn't want her to cross that line. Damian knew it was a robot before stabbing him because Tim's "not the only detective here". Cassie then destroys the robot. After all this Tim uses "we" instead of "I" which prompts Bart to ask about him rejoining the team. Damian takes this cue to quit saying that the team already has their Robin.

Back in Gotham Tim and Damian have a conversation about Damian leaving. Tim says that Damian doesn't have to leave on his account and Damian says that they prefer having Tim around. Tim tells Damian that he doesn't make it easy for others to get along with him, and Damian says that he thought the Titans formed so they could be themselves. Tim then says that maybe Damian could be a little less like himself and Damian replies with "*TT* I tried". The final page is of Damian and Dick where Dick notices that thanks to his short time with the Titans Damian is more patient and has learned some new moves (and he isn't using his blades). Damian then tells Dick he's sorry, and that he knew Dick wanted him to make friends, but he already has a friend in Gotham and one is more than enough.
Thank you sir. hug

View user profile

132 Re: Teen Titans on Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:02 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I just remembered that jaydee was counting on me to fill him in on this issue. So, if you still want to know...

Spoiler:

Thank you sir. hug

No problem mi amigo. Very Happy

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum