Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Teen Titans

+11
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
G_Zatara
jaydee74
The_Donster
Sandman
LordD3r3k
Metal Misfit
Goof
shining knight
Batman25JM
Spider_Fan14
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

51Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:54 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:http://www.comicvine.com/news/damian-wayne-joining-teen-titans/141670/

Teen Titans - Page 3 1300252-89_super

Damian Wayne Joining Teen Titans?
Added by G-Man on July 15, 2010

Damian Wayne is shaping up to be the most enjoyable Robin to read. Thanks to Treyvoni for pointing this in my direction, it looks like we'll be seeing Damian in the pages of Teen Titans really soon.

J.T. Krul, will be writing Teen Titans starting with issue #88. DC's The Source revealed today that Nicola Scott willl be joining Krul as the artist on the series. You can see from the image to the right that Damian will be putting in an appearance. What will this mean for the team? Can Damian even be allowed to join the team since he's apparently only ten years old. I thought you had to be a...teen in order to be on the team.

Looks like Robin will be back. Just not the Robin they know. You'll also notice in that image that it looks like Ravager will be back as well. I have a feeling a lot of heads are going to be butting against each other.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. I mean seriously, what the fuck?

I like Damian, but I do NOT want him on the Teen Titans. I think it will be a shitty movie. It'll throw off the whole dynamic of the team.

Why the hell do they insist on keeping Tim Drake off of the team? IMO, it isn't the Teen Titans without him. The longer he's off the team the more pissed off I get. Also, who do I have to kill to get Speedy put back on the team?

I had suck high hopes for Krul on the book (chief among them Tim Drake coming back) and I'm already not liking the looks of it.

superdoug wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
Someone suggested bringing the young Chris Kent out of the PZ, and he could team up with Damien and Iris to be the new Young Justice. This makes a ton more sense to me than wedging Damien into a team at the expense of some of the other teen members.

I wouldn't mind seeing them together as a new Young Justice.

Spider_Fan14 wrote:Also I hope they handle Damian well like Morrison does.

I know I'm biased because I hate Morrison's writing, but I don't care for how he writes Damian. I know he created him, but I prefer the way other writers write him (especially Bryan Q. Miller).

Last edited by Batman25JM on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

52Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:11 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

[quote="Batman25JM"]
jaydee74 wrote:http://www.comicvine.com/news/damian-wayne-joining-teen-titans/141670/

Teen Titans - Page 3 1300252-89_super

Damian Wayne Joining Teen Titans?
Added by G-Man on July 15, 2010

Damian Wayne is shaping up to be the most enjoyable Robin to read. Thanks to Treyvoni for pointing this in my direction, it looks like we'll be seeing Damian in the pages of Teen Titans really soon.

J.T. Krul, will be writing Teen Titans starting with issue #88. DC's The Source revealed today that Nicola Scott willl be joining Krul as the artist on the series. You can see from the image to the right that Damian will be putting in an appearance. What will this mean for the team? Can Damian even be allowed to join the team since he's apparently only ten years old. I thought you had to be a...teen in order to be on the team.

Looks like Robin will be back. Just not the Robin they know. You'll also notice in that image that it looks like Ravager will be back as well. I have a feeling a lot of heads are going to be butting against each other.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. I mean seriously, what the fuck?

I like Damian, but I do NOT want him on the Teen Titans. I think it will be a shitty movie. It'll throw off the whole dynamic of the team.

Why the hell do they insist on keeping Tim Drake off of the team? IMO, it isn't the Teen Titans without him. The longer he's off the team the more pissed off I get. Also, who do I have to kill to get Speedy put back on the team?

I had suck high hopes for Krul on the book (chief among them Tim Drake coming back) and I'm already not liking the looks of it.

superdoug wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
Someone suggested bringing the young Chris Kent out of the PZ, and he could team up with Damien and Iris to be the new Young Justice. This makes a ton more sense to me than wedging Damien into a team at the expense of some of the other teen members.

I wouldn't mind seeing them together as a new Young Justice.

Spider_Fan14 wrote:Also I hope they handle Damian well like Morrison does.

I know I'm biased because I hate Morrison's writing, but I don't care for how he writes Damian. I know he created him, but I prefer the way other writers write him (especially Bryan Q. Miller).
I never read the Batgirl arc with Damian, but that is a good source to write from too from what I've heard. If anything he and Ravager may only be on for a storyarc and then be done with the team. The new YJ idea sounds great too.

53Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:37 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. I mean seriously, what the fuck?

I take it you are a tad disappointed in this, huh? You don't know if this is going to be a permanent thing or not. Damian could just be popping in to try out for the team. Think about this. Don't you think that as Robin, Damian would feel entitled to be on the team? Part of the whole "legacy" thing? I could see Damian coming in, trying out and maybe deciding that he didn't want to be on the team. Take deep breaths dude.Laughing

Batman25JM wrote:

I love how Morrison writes Damian. I don't think he is the only person who writes him well but I do like his Damian the best.

54Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:53 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. I mean seriously, what the fuck?

I take it you are a tad disappointed in this, huh? You don't know if this is going to be a permanent thing or not. Damian could just be popping in to try out for the team. Think about this. Don't you think that as Robin, Damian would feel entitled to be on the team? Part of the whole "legacy" thing? I could see Damian coming in, trying out and maybe deciding that he didn't want to be on the team. Take deep breaths dude.Laughing

*breatehs deeply* Whoo. I'm okay, I'm okay. Smile

I do hope that it isn't permanent, but I fear it will be.

I just can't express how much I want Tim Drake back on the team. It's a crime he isn't on it.

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

I love how Morrison writes Damian. I don't think he is the only person who writes him well but I do like his Damian the best.

I will say that I prefer how Morrison was writing more recently to how he was in the beginning, but I like how others write Damian a LOT more.

55Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:52 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I feel for you my friend. As a Dick Grayson fan, I understand when the character you want to see isn't used more. Keep hope. You never know what might happen or come of things. The reason I love Morrison's Damian is because of the journey he took the character. From what he was when he first appeared to the most recent issue of Batman and Robin, he's taken Damian on a real interesting journey to becoming part of the Bat-Team and while I do enjoy others take on the character, Grant does the character very well.

56Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:55 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Is anyone else here gonna read the JT Krull run? I'm gonna because I really like Nicola Scott's artwork too. I've skipped the remainder of the Henderson run since July cause I hate it so much.

57Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:03 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:Is anyone else here gonna read the JT Krull run? I'm gonna because I really like Nicola Scott's artwork too. I've skipped the remainder of the Henderson run since July cause I hate it so much.

Felicia Henderson has joined Nicholas Sparks and Rob Liefield on the list of writers that I feel strongly should have their fingers shattered with their own keyboards. She nearly killed the Teen Titans for me, and that takes some doing, with Superboy, Kid Flash, and Miss Martian on the team.

58Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Spider_Fan14 wrote:Is anyone else here gonna read the JT Krull run? I'm gonna because I really like Nicola Scott's artwork too. I've skipped the remainder of the Henderson run since July cause I hate it so much.

Felicia Henderson has joined Nicholas Sparks and Rob Liefield on the list of writers that I feel strongly should have their fingers shattered with their own keyboards. She nearly killed the Teen Titans for me, and that takes some doing, with Superboy, Kid Flash, and Miss Martian on the team.
Nicholas Sparks? Is he a comic book writer or the guy with all those romance movies? why do you hate him (i've never really heard much about him)?

59Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:28 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:Nicholas Sparks? Is he a comic book writer or the guy with all those romance movies? why do you hate him (i've never really heard much about him)?

He's the guy that writes all those sappy romance novels that get turned into movies. I hate him because he represents all I hate about certain kinds of authors. I don't mind a good romantic story, but what Sparks delivers is prosaic, sentimental twaddle that's designed only to get a girl's panties damp and give actual real men a measuring stick they'll always fall short of.

Sparks writes the most awful Mary Sue/Gary Stu claptrap ever to be printed. But all you have to do is give Oprah an orgasm once and you too can be a world-famous author with little talent and a big ego.

I HATE NICHOLAS SPARKS SO MUCH.

60Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:50 pm

Arsenal0602

Arsenal0602
Cadet
Cadet

[quote="superdoug"] the most awful Mary Sue/Gary Stu claptrap [quote]

That has to be one of the best phrases I have ever read.

But I too Hate the man behind movies/books as; My wife forgets everything every day and I read her how we met and it is totally true what I tell her, except for the days that I get bored and just read something else to her, like war of the worlds or Lord of the rings, she almost died when I read her the novilization of Planet of the Apes.

Or I'll never love anyone as much as I love you, girl with a terminal illness that I will totally not use as a way to get laid for the next 15 years.

I'm sure there is more, but after 2 being discribed to be by girlfriends/sister/co-workers my good friend Mr. Scotch comes in and takes away the bad memories

61Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm going to read Krul's run. I like the team (though I'm still pissed Red Robin and Speedy aren't on it), and the art looks nice. I love the Teen Titans, but the book has sucked since Johns left.

superdoug wrote:

Sean McKeever should be on that list as well.

62Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:55 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have something special in mind for Mister McKeever. Something far more torturous and slow.

63Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:45 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:I have something special in mind for Mister McKeever. Something far more torturous and slow.

I hate that he somehow was able to bring his crappy writing to Marvel and basically is now doing a Marvel Teen Titans which looks just as bad.

64Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:08 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
superdoug wrote:I have something special in mind for Mister McKeever. Something far more torturous and slow.

I hate that he somehow was able to bring his crappy writing to Marvel and basically is now doing a Marvel Teen Titans which looks just as bad.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

65Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:56 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sounds like from what I've heard from podcasts who were at the DC panels at New York, Damian is going to be a full-on member of the team with some long-term plans for him.

66Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:56 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Sounds like from what I've heard from podcasts who were at the DC panels at New York, Damian is going to be a full-on member of the team with some long-term plans for him.

UTTER Bullshit. Complete bullshit of the first magnitude. As dumb as anything Henderson EVER did. Damian is not a 'teen'; therefore he has NO PLACE on the TEEN Titans.

I'll stick with it because I'm loyal to the title, but this is a pretty dumb-fuck move. We get it, DiDio. We get it, Morrison. Damian Wayne is the little badass sidekick you'd always wished Dick Grayson had been. Well, FUCK YOU. There's a reason I don't have Batman and Robin or any of the Bat-Titles that aren't Batgirl on my pull list, and that little annoying fucker is at the top of the list of reasons why.

DO NOT SHOVE DAMIAN WAYNE DOWN MY THROAT; I WILL THROW UP ON YOU IN A NANOSECOND.

67Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:18 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Sounds like from what I've heard from podcasts who were at the DC panels at New York, Damian is going to be a full-on member of the team with some long-term plans for him.
huh not sure what to think of this... I don't think he should be on the team full time and I'm a little nervous that he'll be as big a jerkass sue as Bombshell (I hope the editors and/or Krull can stop that). Just out of curiosity, why does Dido hate Dick Grayson?

68Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:31 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I honestly don't know. I really don't.

69Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:39 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Why God, why?!?!

This is RIDICULOUS. Put Tim Drake back on the god damn team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

superdoug wrote:

UTTER Bullshit. Complete bullshit of the first magnitude. As dumb as anything Henderson EVER did. Damian is not a 'teen'; therefore he has NO PLACE on the TEEN Titans.

I'll stick with it because I'm loyal to the title, but this is a pretty dumb-fuck move. We get it, DiDio. We get it, Morrison. Damian Wayne is the little badass sidekick you'd always wished Dick Grayson had been. Well, FUCK YOU. There's a reason I don't have Batman and Robin or any of the Bat-Titles that aren't Batgirl on my pull list, and that little annoying fucker is at the top of the list of reasons why.

DO NOT SHOVE DAMIAN WAYNE DOWN MY THROAT; I WILL THROW UP ON YOU IN A NANOSECOND.

I agree that Damian has no business being on the team.

I like the way Bryan Q. Miller writes Damian in Batgirl. He honestly writes my favorite Damian.

Have you checked out Red Robin? It's really really good, IMO.

70Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:49 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If they aren't going to give me Tim Drake on the team (which I still say makes NO sense) they should at least have Speedy. She isn't being used AT ALL right now.

71Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:02 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Here's the thing my friend. It may not make sense to you but to the writer, it probably makes perfect sense. As I said before, there has to be a reason that Tim is not on the team. Whether you accept the reason is a whole ohter thing. As for Damian not being a teenager, I think you forget that one-time member Danny Chase who was on the Wolfman/Perez team at the time was the youngest and most annoying member of the team. I believe he was younger than Jason Todd was when he was Robin so just because Damian's not a teen, doesn't exclude him from joining the team.

72Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:04 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Here's the thing my friend. It may not make sense to you but to the writer, it probably makes perfect sense. As I said before, there has to be a reason that Tim is not on the team. Whether you accept the reason is a whole ohter thing. As for Damian not being a teenager, I think you forget that one-time member Danny Chase who was on the Wolfman/Perez team at the time was the youngest and most annoying member of the team. I believe he was younger than Jason Todd was when he was Robin so just because Damian's not a teen, doesn't exclude him from joining the team.

Yes...and Danny Chase lasted all of two issues. Wink And wasn't his membership in the Titans honorary until he managed to somehow save them all in the Tower? He wasn't a regular sidekick or teen hero, so the comparison is sort of...weak.

Damian isn't a fan of the other teen heroes like Danny was, and he's kind of obnoxious all the time (which is in character for someone related to Ras Al Ghul), and I'm happily waiting for the moment when Connor bitch-slaps him through a wall.

73Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:39 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Here's the thing my friend. It may not make sense to you but to the writer, it probably makes perfect sense. As I said before, there has to be a reason that Tim is not on the team. Whether you accept the reason is a whole ohter thing. As for Damian not being a teenager, I think you forget that one-time member Danny Chase who was on the Wolfman/Perez team at the time was the youngest and most annoying member of the team. I believe he was younger than Jason Todd was when he was Robin so just because Damian's not a teen, doesn't exclude him from joining the team.

I've never even heard of Danny Chase.

As for the reasons Tim isn't on the team, we've never been given any. Sure, when he left there were reasons, but those reasons have long since been resolved. It would be nice if they addressed Tim's absence in the book. I doubt I'll like any reasons they give, but at least I'd get reasons.

74Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:01 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
I've never even heard of Danny Chase.

As for the reasons Tim isn't on the team, we've never been given any. Sure, when he left there were reasons, but those reasons have long since been resolved. It would be nice if they addressed Tim's absence in the book. I doubt I'll like any reasons they give, but at least I'd get reasons.
Danny Chase was brought on to make the team seem kinda younger or something. He's a spitting image of Cousin Oliver from "The Brady Bunch", he was very annoying and bugged the team about their costumes and codenames. He later took on the role of Phantasm with Raven's mother and sacrificced themselves to kill trigon!Raven and made her spirit golden (this was the precurser to the John's Titan run where the Brotherhood of Blood brought her back to wed the 14-yearold Brother Blood and bring back Trigon).

Those are good reasons about RR too.

75Teen Titans - Page 3 Empty Re: Teen Titans Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:07 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:

Yes...and Danny Chase lasted all of two issues. Wink And wasn't his membership in the Titans honorary until he managed to somehow save them all in the Tower? He wasn't a regular sidekick or teen hero, so the comparison is sort of...weak.

Damian isn't a fan of the other teen heroes like Danny was, and he's kind of obnoxious all the time (which is in character for someone related to Ras Al Ghul), and I'm happily waiting for the moment when Connor bitch-slaps him through a wall.

I don't remember the exact status of Danny other than I thought he was a member, he was annoying and Dick Grayson kicked him out of the team when Danny made some snide comment about Jason dying.

Batman25JM wrote:As for the reasons Tim isn't on the team, we've never been given any. Sure, when he left there were reasons, but those reasons have long since been resolved. It would be nice if they addressed Tim's absence in the book. I doubt I'll like any reasons they give, but at least I'd get reasons.
I doubt you'll ever get a reason. Right now though, it just seems that they don't want him in the book or maybe it's that the people doing Red Robin don't want him in the book for whatever reason. You don't have to like it but it seems that's the way it's going to be for now. I'm sorry my friend.

Spider_Fan14 wrote:Danny Chase was brought on to make the team seem kinda younger or something. He's a spitting image of Cousin Oliver from "The Brady Bunch", he was very annoying and bugged the team about their costumes and codenames. He later took on the role of Phantasm with Raven's mother and sacrificced themselves to kill trigon!Raven and made her spirit golden (this was the precurser to the John's Titan run where the Brotherhood of Blood brought her back to wed the 14-yearold Brother Blood and bring back Trigon).

Those are good reasons about RR too.

YES!! lmao

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum