Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Red Robin

+10
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Sandman
Spazzy
Debaser77
LordD3r3k
jaydee74
prescribeddrone
LOOSECANNON
blue halo
Batman25JM
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1Red Robin Empty Red Robin Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:08 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Red Robin #6

I quite enjoyed this issue. To's art is fantastic. How long is he going to be on the book? I like his art better than the previous artist's (I can't think of his name right now). I absolutely LOVE the cover to this issue.

I'm finally accepting Tim as Red Robin. I still wish he was Robin, but I'm not fuming over the change anymore.

This book, IMO, is getting better each issue.

The only thing that confused me was the time line. When exactly did Tim go back to Gotham to deal with the Black Lanterns? Was it in between last issue and this one, or was it supposed to happen in the middle of the issue. He starts talking about the BLs in the middle so it confused me slightly.

2Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:17 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Out of the new Batman Reborn titles that came out post-BFTC, Red Robin's the one I like the most. I read the first issues of the others, and wasn't impressed. The writing and art on RR is great! Its become one of the books I look forward to each month.

3Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:48 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I dropped this a while back. There's just too many books out and this book hardly gets any press. I'll admit, a lot of times I like reading reviews and writing about books when I get them so when I see no press on a book it's a little bit of a turn-off.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

4Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:39 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Red Robin #7

This and Batgirl are definitely my favorite Bat books of the moment. This issue was awesome. I just LOVE To's art. I really do like the RR costume now.

I love how Tam feels safe with Tim around. I hope she survives this, and becomes a supporter of Tim's.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Batman25JM on Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:53 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Is anyone else reading this?

I love it!! It's one of my favorite books on the stands.

Issue #8 was great. I'm very excited about RR's return to Gotham next issue.

Oh, and I KNEW I as right about Ra's.

6Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:02 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I read it, but found it a bit... slow. I'm glad that this arc is over. I hope the new arc is better. More Gotham = good.

7Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:36 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gave this book a lot of time to find it's feet and thank goodness it finally did in #8. Tim was really annoying for the most part of this series and I was ready to drop it but after the events of issue 8, I'll stick around for a bit more. I'm not looking forward to the Tim/Stephanie team-up. Let it go already.

8Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:44 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like Tim and Stephanie together. I really wish they'd get back together, but oh well. Anyway, I do think that Tim was out of character in the first few issues, but I think from issue 5 on he's become more and more like his old self and he's finally back in #8.

9Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:35 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This series has been ok so far, not great, but ok. The dialogue at times makes me eyeroll though. "I find you interesting. I'm going to kill you now." Suspect Really? This is Marvel's new wonderkid on X-Force with writing like that?

10Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:54 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

LordD3r3k wrote:The dialogue at times makes me eyeroll though. "I find you interesting. I'm going to kill you now."

Makes me wonder why I have a shit labor job and have to pay thousands in grad school loans while you have "experts" writing crap like that.

Only in America...

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

11Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:07 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Makes me wonder why I have a shit labor job and have to pay thousands in grad school loans while you have "experts" writing crap like that.

Only in America...

It seriously makes me reconsider sending in my own scripts.

12Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:32 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Finally, back in Gotham. Good issue.

13Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:37 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#9 finally did it for me. We have the Tim Drake that I remember back. This was a fantastic issue. I loved the part where Bullock mistook Red Robin for Dr. Midnight. Very awesome.

14Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:53 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:#9 finally did it for me. We have the Tim Drake that I remember back. This was a fantastic issue. I loved the part where Bullock mistook Red Robin for Dr. Midnight. Very awesome.

Agreed on all counts. I was worried when the first issue came out that Tim was going to stay that way (with the different attitude, etc.), but after last issue and this issue it's clear he's back to himself, and that little detour was just fallout from his life crumbling.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I'm finally liking Tim as Red Robin. I still miss him as Robin, I still like his second Robin costume better (it's my all time favorite comic costume), but I'm liking him as RR now, and I kinda like the RR costume too.

Tim being mistake for Dr. Midnight was classic. I have often thought about that.

I wish Tim would get back together with Stephanie. I like them together, but I don't think that's going to happen. And if it isn't I'd like him to be with Tam. I'm really liking her, as well as her dynamic with Tim.

This is definitely one of my favorite books out there now. I'd put it as a tie with Batgirl for my favorite Bat-book.

The art this issue was FANTASTIC. I hope To stays on the book. Anyone else notice that Bachs was credited for the art on the cover, but To was credited in the interior?

15Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:30 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, good issue. Interested to see exactly what Ra's is planning. What I'd like to see is Ra's actually come out on top. It'd really send home the message that Ra's is BRUCE's villain, and that the kids just aren't ready to play with him yet.

16Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:00 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

This whole series has been fantastic. Out of all the new titles that came out of the Battle for the Cowl, this is the one I've stuck with. The others just seem like a waste to me. I like this version of Tim, but I think he could have come up with a better name than Red Robin, when just previously, he was Robin.

17Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:06 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

blue halo wrote:I think he could have come up with a better name than Red Robin, when just previously, he was Robin.

It's based off the Kingdom Come story. And this was the identity Jason Todd created when he was hopping through the multiverse during Countdown to FC and saw what his life could be like. He brought the persona back to our earth, but quickly became disillusioned with the hero biz again and discarded it.

In other words, this identity has been around for more than a decade.

18Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:00 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Yeah, good issue. Interested to see exactly what Ra's is planning. What I'd like to see is Ra's actually come out on top. It'd really send home the message that Ra's is BRUCE's villain, and that the kids just aren't ready to play with him yet.
From seeing future covers, Tim is going to get some help from Dick and Damian.

19Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:05 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:From seeing future covers, Tim is going to get some help from Dick and Damian.

A group effort I'd be ok with, but I'd be alittle upset if Tim beat Ra's on his own.

20Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:07 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:From seeing future covers, Tim is going to get some help from Dick and Damian.

A group effort I'd be ok with, but I'd be alittle upset if Tim beat Ra's on his own.
I think it's going to be a team effort. What I'm hoping for is that this story arc brings Tim back into the Bat-fold which he has been out of since the beginning of this series.

21Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:39 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I think it's going to be a team effort. What I'm hoping for is that this story arc brings Tim back into the Bat-fold which he has been out of since the beginning of this series.

I have a feeling it wont bring him back into the fold completely, but it'll make future interactions smoother

22Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:48 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I think it's going to be a team effort. What I'm hoping for is that this story arc brings Tim back into the Bat-fold which he has been out of since the beginning of this series.

I have a feeling it wont bring him back into the fold completely, but it'll make future interactions smoother
Well, it's a start. Maybe we'll at least see Tim rejoin the Teen Titans.

23Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:15 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Yeah, good issue. Interested to see exactly what Ra's is planning. What I'd like to see is Ra's actually come out on top. It'd really send home the message that Ra's is BRUCE's villain, and that the kids just aren't ready to play with him yet.

That would be an interesting idea. However, of all the Bat Family, I think that Tim is the one who could best go toe to toe with Ra's. Dick may have more experience, but it has been shown just how good a detective Tim is.

jaydee74 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

I think it's going to be a team effort. What I'm hoping for is that this story arc brings Tim back into the Bat-fold which he has been out of since the beginning of this series.

I'd be good with a group effort. I think it's the most logical way they could defeat Ra's. In reality none of them are Bruce's equal (not yet anyway).

I would like Tim back in the fold. I want to see him appear in other books more.

jaydee74 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

Well, it's a start. Maybe we'll at least see Tim rejoin the Teen Titans.

It'd be beyond thrilled if Tim rejoined the Teen Titans. Superboy, Kid Flash, and Red Robin all need to be back on the team (and I'd like Speedy there as well).

24Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:47 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If the Teen Titans roster could include:

Red Robin
Superboy
Kid Flash
Wonder Girl
Speedy

I would love it. Anyone else would just be the icing on the cake.

25Red Robin Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:35 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:If the Teen Titans roster could include:

Red Robin
Superboy
Kid Flash
Wonder Girl
Speedy

I would love it. Anyone else would just be the icing on the cake.

I could not agree more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum