Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Red Robin

+10
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Sandman
Spazzy
Debaser77
LordD3r3k
jaydee74
prescribeddrone
LOOSECANNON
blue halo
Batman25JM
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

126Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:34 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Great issue and very good book.

127Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:32 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This book did hit everything I wanted to see. Cassandra Cain. I liked that she took her old Batgirl costume. No offense to Stephanie Brown. I do like her character but I have always felt the Cassandra was so much more interesting as a character and as Batgirl. I hope she make s a return. The interaction with Lynx is interesting and should come into play eventually. That should be fun. Tim and Tam are a fun couple and I hope that gets developed further. The Tim and Bruce stuff was excellent. I don't mind the new costume. It looks pretty cool and Bruce has had versions of the costume without the underwear. Not the biggest deal for me. Overall, this book knocks it out of the park every issue for me.

128Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:34 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:This book did hit everything I wanted to see. Cassandra Cain. I liked that she took her old Batgirl costume. No offense to Stephanie Brown. I do like her character but I have always felt the Cassandra was so much more interesting as a character and as Batgirl. I hope she make s a return. The interaction with Lynx is interesting and should come into play eventually. That should be fun. Tim and Tam are a fun couple and I hope that gets developed further. The Tim and Bruce stuff was excellent. I don't mind the new costume. It looks pretty cool and Bruce has had versions of the costume without the underwear. Not the biggest deal for me. Overall, this book knocks it out of the park every issue for me.

I was never much of a fan of Cassandra Cain. I didn't dislike her, but I honestly haven't had much exposure to her. The first time I ever saw her was in the Robin OYL arc where she was a bad guy (thanks to Deathstroke). Since then I've never really read a whole lot with her, but what I did read I liked well enough. I've always loved Stephanie, and I think she's perfect as Batgirl. I'd love Cassandra to return to the Bat-Family, but maybe take a different identity (or have two Batgirls I guess, don't love that idea, but it's better than not having Steph as Batgirl).

Comic-wise I've never seen the Batman costume without the underwear. I have in movies obviously, just not the comics. It's just a little hart to get used to. Also, I've always preferred the costume without the yellow oval. It just seems like if Bruce doesn't want to be seen he shouldn't want to wear yellow, especially like it is on the new costume where it practically glows,

129Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Cassandra Cain is (finally) back? That's it, I'm checking out this book!

130Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:01 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I was never much of a fan of Cassandra Cain. I didn't dislike her, but I honestly haven't had much exposure to her. The first time I ever saw her was in the Robin OYL arc where she was a bad guy (thanks to Deathstroke). Since then I've never really read a whole lot with her, but what I did read I liked well enough. I've always loved Stephanie, and I think she's perfect as Batgirl. I'd love Cassandra to return to the Bat-Family, but maybe take a different identity (or have two Batgirls I guess, don't love that idea, but it's better than not having Steph as Batgirl).
My first exposure to Cassandra was when she was first introduced in No Man's Land. She was an operative for Oracle and the Batgirl costume she wore was first worn by the Huntress for a reason I don't remember. Stephanie never impressed me when I first saw her. I always thought of her as the annoying person who wants to be a hero but had more heart than skill but she slowly won me over. I didn't like her as Robin and her "death never did anything for me one way or the other. Cassandra was interesting in that she was raised to be this complete and total weapon. She couldn't speak but she could read movements which was interesting. She's evolved much since her first appearance and her series is really worth a shot if you can find it cheap.
Batman25JM wrote:
Comic-wise I've never seen the Batman costume without the underwear. I have in movies obviously, just not the comics. It's just a little hart to get used to. Also, I've always preferred the costume without the yellow oval. It just seems like if Bruce doesn't want to be seen he shouldn't want to wear yellow, especially like it is on the new costume where it practically glows,
The yellow oval is more about the design of the costume. It looks cool when you see Batman in the shadows and you have a black shadow with that yellow oval. It's just a cool visual. The underwear isn't a huge deal for me. He went without underwear on the outside of his outfit right after he came back from his broken back. It was cool. Just another look.

131Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:29 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Like everyone else, I enjoyed the issue as well. I like this direction for Tim. It's a good mixture of seriousness with fun.

jaydee74 wrote:My first exposure to Cassandra was when she was first introduced in No Man's Land. She was an operative for Oracle and the Batgirl costume she wore was first worn by the Huntress for a reason I don't remember.

At that time, Bruce left Gotham to petition the government to save the city. But when the government denied him, he felt so defeated that it took quite some time before he would return. In his absence, Huntress wore the Bat costume with the full mask so criminals wouldn't realize it was a woman and still think Batman was around.

132Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:06 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's right. It was at a time where she was still looking for his approval.

133Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:59 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've decided I'm finacially secure enough again to get back into comics (tho not quite as many as I used too) and picked up the last two issues of this (along with Supeboy number 1 and the latest issue of Teen Titans) and was blown away by how much I love this book. I ready the first two back in the day and missed all the rest to 16 lol, but this is fantastic, and it will easily make it onto my smaller must read list.

134Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:17 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If you can get the rest of the series, you should try to check them out. This book has be spectacular since #1 and a lot of people have been saying, this is probably one of the best books DC is putting out there. Welcome to the Red Robin Fan Club. Although I still think of this when I hear the name:

Red Robin - Page 6 Redrobin
They are pretty tasty.

135Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:34 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm really glad you're liking the book T-Matts. It is hands down, without a doubt, my favorite book on the shelves right now.

136Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:17 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I'm really glad you're liking the book T-Matts. It is hands down, without a doubt, my favorite book on the shelves right now.
What he said. It's pure 100% quality.

137Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:50 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

For my friend, Batman25JM:
Red Robin - Page 6 16961_400x600
Written by FABIAN NICIEZA; Art and Cover by MARCUS TO & RAY MCCARTHY

Red Robin finally combines forces with his former teammates in a 2-issue crossover with TEEN TITANS that kicks off right here! Is there even enough room for Tim Drake and Damian Wayne – the new Robin – on one team? Meanwhile, Catman and the Calculator have their own agendas for this highly anticipated reunion!

Don't miss the pulse-pounding second part in this month's TEEN TITANS #92!

Red Robin - Page 6 16962_400x600
Written by J.T. KRUL; Art and Cover by NICOLA SCOTT & DOUG HAZLEWOOD

In part 2 of the action-packed RED ROBIN/TEEN TITANS crossover, all the players are finally together, but the secrets they're about to learn may be too much for the team to handle. When all is said and done, which Robin will remain with the team as a full-fledged Titan?

Continued from this month's RED ROBIN #20!
DC Universe 32pg. Color $2.99 US

138Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:16 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Very Happy thumbs up

I can't wait!!

139Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:00 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Something to look forward to my friend. Wink

140Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:If you can get the rest of the series, you should try to check them out. This book has be spectacular since #1 and a lot of people have been saying, this is probably one of the best books DC is putting out there. Welcome to the Red Robin Fan Club. Although I still think of this when I hear the name:

Red Robin - Page 6 Redrobin
They are pretty tasty.

This

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

141Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:30 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just read the new issue. Red Star has sure been busy making some pretty nasty things in his ship. I'm really curious as to what has happened to everyone at the end of the issue. Also, Tim Drake seems to attract all the ladies nowadays. Good issue.

142Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:53 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

A little slow, but a good issue.

143Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:42 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:A little slow, but a good issue.
Agreed. It was slow but it's setting up something that could be pretty cool.

144Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:27 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Red Robin #18

It's pretty clear by now how I feel about this book. I love it more than I can possibly convey.

Tim going global is just a perfect idea. It's exactly what he'd do.

I love Tam. She's great with Tim. I hope they cement them as a couple.

The stuff with Red Star was great.

I think Promise is interesting. I hope she sticks around for a while. I like the idea of Tim establishing a network of allies. It's one of the reasons I think he should enlist Speedy.

I do have one minor complaint. It has nothing to do with the actual book/story, it has to do with coloring. In the interior the belt on Tim's costume is colored yellow. I like that. It matches his Robin belts, and makes it pop more visually. On the covers the belt is always colored black. This bugs me. I just don't think it looks as good, and it makes no sense. I don't get why no one has seen this and put a stop to it. I know this seems nitpicky, but I think it hurts the look of the costume.

145Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:48 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The belt doesn't bother me too much but making it yellow does bring in the Robin colors more into the outfit and makes it less "Kingdom Come" and to be honest it's the one reason I never liked the Red Robin outfit in the first place. I've always like Elseworlds. The reason I liked them? Because it was a separate continuity so when things from Kingdom Come were bleeding into DC proper like Magog for example, it kind of annoyed me. I do like the costume and the identity of Red Robin but it had to grow on me. It's kind of cool now though.

146Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:28 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Red Robin #19

I actually found this issue to be alittle annoying. But Red Robin vs the Secret Six next month? HELL YES

147Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:17 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote: Red Robin #19

I actually found this issue to be alittle annoying. But Red Robin vs the Secret Six next month? HELL YES
Yeah. Not a fan of this issue but it wasn't bad I guess. Next issue looks to be awesome.

148Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:06 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Red Robin #19

This issue was weird. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either.

I've loved Nicieza's run so much that I'm forgiving him one minor misstep.

I did love the cover. DC's uniform covers for January are awesome.

I also kind of liked the alternate Red Robin costume. I loved how it was Nightwing-esque.

149Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:30 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked issue 19.

150Red Robin - Page 6 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:31 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked it too. I just wasn't over the moon with it like I have been for the rest of Nicieza's run. It was still really enjoyable though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum