Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Red Robin

+10
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Sandman
Spazzy
Debaser77
LordD3r3k
jaydee74
prescribeddrone
LOOSECANNON
blue halo
Batman25JM
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

151Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:04 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As far as issues go, it wasn't the greatest but I've read a lot worse this month and it wasn't horrible just a bit weird. I did like the alternate Red Robin costume as well. It was neat.

152Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:24 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just read Red Robin #20. I liked it. Great interaction with the Teen Titans. I'm kind of surprised with the fight with Catman but I have to admit it's been awhile since I've ready anything with him in it. The ending is pretty cool. Problem is I am not buying Teen Titans so I look to you Batman25JM to fill me on the rest of this story. Don't let me down buddy.

153Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Just read Red Robin #20. I liked it. Great interaction with the Teen Titans. I'm kind of surprised with the fight with Catman but I have to admit it's been awhile since I've ready anything with him in it. The ending is pretty cool. Problem is I am not buying Teen Titans so I look to you Batman25JM to fill me on the rest of this story. Don't let me down buddy.

I am up to the task. I shall not let you down. Smile

154Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:50 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hug

155Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:30 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought it was kind of lollerific that Tim puts Catman under Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor in his list of villains he doesn't want to wrassle with. Laughing I was like, wait srsly? I love Catman, trust me, I *love* Catman, but....he's not number three "most toughest dude in da universe." Wink

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

156Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:25 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I head to read that twice to make sure I read that correctly. It was kind of funny.

157Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:57 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What I do appreciate in this book is that the writer respects the fact that there are some characters the hero just won't beat in a fight. Tim has always been depicted as intelligence being his strength over his fighting ability. I'm glad to see that Catman didn't have to take a dive here

158Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:25 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:What I do appreciate in this book is that the writer respects the fact that there are some characters the hero just won't beat in a fight. Tim has always been depicted as intelligence being his strength over his fighting ability. I'm glad to see that Catman didn't have to take a dive here
I enjoyed that as well. It keeps true to who Tim is and I appreciated that as well.

159Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Red Robin #20

I loved this. It was fantastic to have Tim back with the Titans. I really wish he'd stay with the team. They can keep Damian too. I don't mind there being two similar characters (in terms of abilities) on a team.

I loved how the Titans just automatically referred to Tim to know what to do. He's a natural leader. I loved Bart's comment about it being nice to actually have a plan for once. It really showed that the Teen Titans are kind of a mess right now. Cassie just isn't a leader (at least the way she's being written these past few years).

I too liked that Tim didn't win against Catman. Tim is a skilled fighter, but he isn't the absolute best.He's more of a thinker/strategist.

It was funny how Catman rated so high on Tim's list of people not to mess with.

I also liked that Batgirl appeared. And the art was awesome as usual.

160Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:42 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Agreed with everything.

161Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:08 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Red Robin #20
I loved how the Titans just automatically referred to Tim to know what to do. He's a natural leader. I loved Bart's comment about it being nice to actually have a plan for once. It really showed that the Teen Titans are kind of a mess right now. Cassie just isn't a leader (at least the way she's being written these past few years).

Rolling Eyes

162Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:36 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

What?!?!

Cassie used to be one of my favorite characters, but I kind of can't stand her now. Ever since Conner died they just haven't written her well.

163Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:42 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shake my head

164Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:44 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

don't know

165Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:50 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lightsaber Duel!

166Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:54 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing

167Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:30 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wink

168Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:57 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

What?!?!

Cassie used to be one of my favorite characters, but I kind of can't stand her now. Ever since Conner died they just haven't written her well.

Sorry Meg. I do agree with Batman25JM. She hasn't been written as well as I remember her being written. The last time I remember her being written pretty well was during the Geoff Johns run of Teen Titans.

169Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:42 am

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

What?!?!

Sorry Meg. I do agree with Batman25JM. She hasn't been written as well as I remember her being written. The last time I remember her being written pretty well was during the Geoff Johns run of Teen Titans.

lol, I love how you single out one female character in a book that was consistently bad for every character in it for a long-ass time. Oh, Population. NEVER CHANGE. (You won't.) Laughing

170Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:38 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not sure I was singling out one particular character to be honest. I agree that everyone was written pretty badly but for me, Cassie kind of stuck out considering how she was written previously. I remember reading her back when she was just a supporting character in the Wonder Woman books and looked like this:

Red Robin - Page 7 624366-wonderwoman_v2_113_00_super
Red Robin - Page 7 422181-Wonder%20Girl_super

If I'm singling out a single character it's because I had really liked her characterization in Wonder Woman and especially in Young Justice. I liked how Geoff Johns evolved her when she became a member of the Teen Titans and when he left the book, I felt her character suffered the most and I kind of take exception to the fact that you assume I am saying this because she's a female character which couldn't be further from the truth.

171Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:49 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Being annoyed at her characterization and contesting that is a different thing from going "yeah she sucked as a leader LOL" which you were kinda doing, whether you meant to or not. It kinda does make it sound like you're just ripping on one character from a book that treated all of its characters like weird Gossip Girl aliens because she's a girl or whatever you wanna say your reason was. Just sayin'. BUT, I see what you mean, and in terms of what you JUST posted, I do agree. I love that Cassie, and I like the Cassie that we've seen so far from Krul. She can be a leader, and she could be an awesome leader, she just needs a writer that will treat her character like an actual character and not like Heidi Montag.

So did it irk me when Bart was like "YEAH LOL CASSIE WHAT IS YOUR LIFE"...I get that Bart can be a troll sometimes, but openly being like "Haha, yeah our leader WTF? NOW TIM COME HERE AND LET ME AT YOUR PEEP YOU NATURAL BORN LEADER YOU." I was like whatevs. Rolling Eyes

172Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:59 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

First off, your Gossip Girl reference went a bit over my head as only know the show exists and never seen an episode. Heidi Montag. Who is that? unsure

My opinion of any character has always been this: There are NO bad characters. Just badly written characters. I think Cassie could make a good team leader and I think the right writer can make her look like a good leader in the same way that Donna was shown as a good leader during her time as Teen Titans leader.

173Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:03 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I definitely don't disagree with you there. And actually the chick who was writing Teen Titans when it was so damn turribul was a writer for Gossip Girl, and all I know about it is that it's a teen drama that's awful. Naturally, Thacher can tell you all about it. Wink And Heidi Montag is the dumbest dumb blonde to have ever dumb blonded. I learned everything I know about her from watching people make fun of her. Second-hand pop culture references FTW!

174Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:04 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
If I'm singling out a single character it's because I had really liked her characterization in Wonder Woman and especially in Young Justice. I liked how Geoff Johns evolved her when she became a member of the Teen Titans and when he left the book, I felt her character suffered the most and I kind of take exception to the fact that you assume I am saying this because she's a female character which couldn't be further from the truth.

I agreed with everything you said, especially this last part. It has NOTHING to do with her being a female. I love female characters. And I've said before how bad the book got after Johns left. Yes, pretty much, if not everyone, was written poorly. However, Cassie seemed to suffer the most, and it has seemed to stick with her. I've never read her in the old Wonder Woman stuff, and have only read a little of her in Young Justice, but when Johns was writing Teen Titans I thought she was a great character. Then he left, and McKeever kind of assassinated her character. After that others just continued the poor work McKeever had done. Now, with Krul on the book he's doing a better job with her, but I still don't think she's back to where she was.

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Being annoyed at her characterization and contesting that is a different thing from going "yeah she sucked as a leader LOL" which you were kinda doing, whether you meant to or not. It kinda does make it sound like you're just ripping on one character from a book that treated all of its characters like weird Gossip Girl aliens because she's a girl or whatever you wanna say your reason was. Just sayin'. BUT, I see what you mean, and in terms of what you JUST posted, I do agree. I love that Cassie, and I like the Cassie that we've seen so far from Krul. She can be a leader, and she could be an awesome leader, she just needs a writer that will treat her character like an actual character and not like Heidi Montag.

So did it irk me when Bart was like "YEAH LOL CASSIE WHAT IS YOUR LIFE"...I get that Bart can be a troll sometimes, but openly being like "Haha, yeah our leader WTF? NOW TIM COME HERE AND LET ME AT YOUR PEEP YOU NATURAL BORN LEADER YOU." I was like whatevs. Rolling Eyes

See, that's why I said that she wasn't a leader the way she's been written lately. She sucked as a leader because she was written that way. Seriously, the team was a mess, and I swear I remember her saying something about having a hard time leading.

As for Tim being a natural born leader, he is. That's the way he's been written for years. And yes, I do admit that I want him to lead because he's my favorite comic character (tied with Bruce Wayne), and that I feel the team just isn't right without him. Now, he was the leader of Young Justice and the Teen Titan (after Cyborg and Starfire left). The others looked to him as a leader. So, it does make sense that him being back, if only for one mission, the others would naturally look to him. It's just getting back into their old rhythm.

I'm sorry if anything I said earlier came off as being like I was singling out Cassie because she's female or anything, but I really hate it when you can't say anything negative about a female character without it being labeled as sexist or something along those lines.

175Red Robin - Page 7 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I actually like Gossip Girl.

Blair and Dan need to get together!!!! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum