Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Red Robin

+10
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Sandman
Spazzy
Debaser77
LordD3r3k
jaydee74
prescribeddrone
LOOSECANNON
blue halo
Batman25JM
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

26Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:51 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:If the Teen Titans roster could include:

Red Robin
Superboy
Kid Flash
Wonder Girl
Speedy

I would love it. Anyone else would just be the icing on the cake.

I could not agree more.

Slacker! Wink

27Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:10 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:If the Teen Titans roster could include:

Red Robin
Superboy
Kid Flash
Wonder Girl
Speedy

I would love it. Anyone else would just be the icing on the cake.

I could not agree more.

Slacker! Wink

Laughing

28Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:10 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Red Robin #10

Just like Batgirl #8 I LOVED this. Again, great interplay between Batgirl and Red Robin (and like I said in the Batgirl thread, I wish they were a couple again, though I do like Tam).

The art here was just awesome. I could not have loved it more.

I hope we see more of Steph in this book in the future.

I loved how they addressed that Tim has been acting strangely lately, and how he's working his way back to who he was.

29Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:19 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked this issue too although I don't want to see Steph show up too much in this series. I mean, she's got her own book now that she shows up in every month and I will be annoyed if there are too many crossovers between the two series. I read Batgirl but I don't buy it and I'd rather the two series be separate. I think Tam Fox character has the potential to be a more interesting match for Tim although I do like Tim and Stephanie together as well. Considering all the years I thought Stephanie was just annoying, I am only now really warming up to her. Anyway, loved how this issue ended and can't wait for the next one.

30Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of Batgirl #8 and Red Robin #10 is up on the main site

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=20547

31Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:54 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This was probably the strongest issue of the run so far. Yost wasn't impressing me with the previous issues, but hopefully now he's finding his stride

32Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:53 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm kinda sad that Yost will be leaving the book soon, especially since he's finally hitting his stride. However, Fabian Nicieza taking over is awesome. His short run on Robin was great.

33Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:11 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I'm kinda sad that Yost will be leaving the book soon, especially since he's finally hitting his stride. However, Fabian Nicieza taking over is awesome. His short run on Robin was great.

I wasn't aware he was taking over. That is great news. What issue does his time on Red Robin start?

34Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:37 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I'm kinda sad that Yost will be leaving the book soon, especially since he's finally hitting his stride. However, Fabian Nicieza taking over is awesome. His short run on Robin was great.

I wasn't aware he was taking over. That is great news. What issue does his time on Red Robin start?

If I'm not mistaken he starts with issue #13.

35Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:42 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:

So hopefully that will be the start of a brand new story then. That's pretty cool.

36Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:47 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:

So hopefully that will be the start of a brand new story then. That's pretty cool.

Yeah. Apparently in the final issues of Yost's run we'll find out why Tim was so adamant that Bruce was alive, and the Ra's stuff will be dealt with. Then when Nicieza comes on it'll start a new storyline.

37Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:18 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nice. Looking forward to that. I gotta say that this book is really awesome and can't wait to see the direction it takes with the new writer.

38Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:51 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Here's a link about Nicieza taking over:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/fabian-nicieza-red-robin-100311.html

39Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:20 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Here's a link about Nicieza taking over:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/fabian-nicieza-red-robin-100311.html

That's awesome.

40Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:17 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Red Robin #11

Loved it. I have now completely accepted Tim as Red Robin and Damian as Robin. I still don't like how it was done, but I like the outcome now. I like that Tim has really come into his role as RR, and To's art is just fantastic. I LOVE his Red Robin.

I love Tim going up against Ra's. And I love how Tim doesn't take crap from Dick. He's standing up to him, and not just laying down. And I LOVE, just LOVE that he put Damian in his place.

I'm excited for Nicieza taking over, but I'm gonna miss Yost.

I really like Tam. I hope that when Nicieza takes over he keeps her around.

So, Tam is 19. How old is Tim? I know they don't usually give definitive ages, but about how old. Is he 18 yet? I'm thinking he's 17 or 18 but I'm not sure.

41Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:12 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Yost is good, but Nicieza is better for Batman centric themes, I think. He did Robin recently right? The last 12 or so Robin and Nightwing books were pretty cool. Nicieza also did one of my top favorite comic runs, Cable and Deadpool. So I trust him.

42Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:47 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I haven't read this book since the first couple issues...am I REALLY missing anything? I hardly ever see this book reviewed or commented on other than this forum...

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

43Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:47 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Everytime I read Red Robin I crave a gourmet burger Rolling Eyes

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

44Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:08 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:^ Yost is good, but Nicieza is better for Batman centric themes, I think. He did Robin recently right? The last 12 or so Robin and Nightwing books were pretty cool. Nicieza also did one of my top favorite comic runs, Cable and Deadpool. So I trust him.

Yeah, I think Nicieza will be a good fit. He did do the last 9 issues of Robin and that was some great stuff. He also did the Ressurection of Ra's issues of Nightwing which were, IMO, the only good parts of that crossover (it was Tomasi that closed out the series, and his stuff was absolutely fantastic).

I'll just be sad to see Yost go because I think he's finally hit his stride. I thought he struggled during the first few issues, but around issue 6 he started to find his footing. Although, going back and rereading the first 4 issues I find I liked it better the second time through.

LOOSECANNON wrote:I haven't read this book since the first couple issues...am I REALLY missing anything? I hardly ever see this book reviewed or commented on other than this forum...

I honestly think you are missing something, however I am EXTREMELY biased. I am a HUGE, HUGE Tim Drake fan.

Right now Red Robin and Batgirl are by far my favorite Bat-books.

Marcus To's art on RR is just amazing.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

45Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:53 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I really enjoy Red Robin, though Batgirl is driving me crazy. I do not like Steph. -_-

46Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:56 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^HOW DARE YOU!!! tongue

I know a lot of people have a problem with Steph, but I actually really like her. I definitely like her better than Cassandra Cain.

47Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ OMG HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, to each their own. But really, she needs to shut up.. for real.. and her new cycle thing? wtf is that thing? tongue

48Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:22 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Red Robin #11

Loved it. I have now completely accepted Tim as Red Robin and Damian as Robin. I still don't like how it was done, but I like the outcome now. I like that Tim has really come into his role as RR, and To's art is just fantastic. I LOVE his Red Robin.

I love Tim going up against Ra's. And I love how Tim doesn't take crap from Dick. He's standing up to him, and not just laying down. And I LOVE, just LOVE that he put Damian in his place.

I'm excited for Nicieza taking over, but I'm gonna miss Yost.

I agree with just about everything, except for missing Yost. I don't really feel strongly about him staying or going. The books have been getting better, but I think I'm ready for a fresh perspective as well.

LOOSECANNON wrote:I haven't read this book since the first couple issues...am I REALLY missing anything? I hardly ever see this book reviewed or commented on other than this forum...

It's been good, but not a must-read

49Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:10 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Lord Derek, you always save me so much money. bow

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

50Red Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:08 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This book is good. I cannot say this book is must-read but I do enjoy the book. I think if your on the fence, wait for the trade.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum