Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Mutants

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Mutants Empty New Mutants Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:11 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Discuss. Review. Etc.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

2New Mutants Empty Re: New Mutants Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:03 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

New Mutants #7

This wasn't as good as last issue, but I still like what they're doing with Doug Ramsey. But at some point they really need to get Magma to a hospital. Laughing

3New Mutants Empty Re: New Mutants Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:45 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

New Mutants #9

Solid issue focusing on whatever the heck is up with Illyana, I still barely understand it but the girl is creeping me out as much as it is Emma lol. Plus its cool to see Cypher fully back and using his translation abilities to full extent, I find it pretty interesting. Whatever he said to Magma seemed to work...

4New Mutants Empty Re: New Mutants Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:04 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked #10. The New Mutants taking on some Savage Land mutates...while Scott looks on. He's grooming the next leader of the X-Men. Will it be Cannonball? Dani Moonstar? Karma?

5New Mutants Empty Re: New Mutants Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:03 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

This title actually got props in Boston Herald friday...go figure it's like one of the 2 or 3 books I DON'T get lol

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

6New Mutants Empty Re: New Mutants Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:47 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

New Mutants #11

This one is a siege tie-in. Many people saw the Siege checklist in the back of each issue over the past couple of months and may have scratched their heads on how this would work out, especially if they haven’t been reading the X-titles.

Basically we get to see the debt that Dani Moonstar owes to Hela for giving her the power to take down Ares. Anybody familiar with 80’s and 90’s X-men stories remembers that Dani became a valkyie a long time ago. Hela recreated her in another way to aid the X-Men against the Dark avengers. The debt to be owed is that she is not a valkyrie of Asgard sent to bring mortal warriors souls to Valhalla, but a valkyrie of Hel. Her task is to bring the dead Asgardians to Hel.

Dani has a brief moment of distraction and feels that she failed in her task. We all know that there is something that will come from this in the long run as a deal with any pantheon’s devil will always have reprucussions.

Good story, epic level art…

4 out of 5 Fallen Asgardians

7New Mutants Empty Re: New Mutants Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:05 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I love reading your reviews on books I'd never buy.

8New Mutants Empty Re: New Mutants Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:27 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

But I leave them all spoiler free for the most part. How does that help you.

9New Mutants Empty Re: New Mutants Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:45 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I don't know.

10New Mutants Empty Re: New Mutants Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:54 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

New Mutants #12
Second Coming Chapter 3

Zeb Wells has crafted one of the better installments so far of the Second Coming event, and the Art by Ibraim Roberson is excellent. Marvel’s X-editors can be proud of their product thus far especially with this book on the shelf.

The action pretty much picks up right where chapter 2 left off. This is where we get to see the role of Cyclops’ beta team, the New Mutants. There is equally as much action going on at the hotel where the Alpha Team, Cable, and Hope are.

Bastion and his human cabal have definitely done their homework this time. We find out that they are going into battle prepared. The X-Men have even been given target code-names by the opposition. They quickly neutralize ‘White Devil’ (Magik) and ‘Blue Devil’ (Nightcrawler) to shut down their teleporting capabilities.
Still the team gives enough of a window for Hope and Cable to make their get away, while Cable tries to figure out how they are being tracked so quickly. He even goes as far as to assume that there is an informant within the X-Men. How far will Cable take it when he finds out he and his TO virus are the marker?

The Purifires have backup on the way as Cameron Hodge begins to prepare a battalion of Orphan Makers to go in for the kill. The Beta team is there to intercept, Cannonball plays good soldier and follows orders from Cyclops to engage. Then Hodge does a cranial transplant onto a new mech body to shift the flow of battle.

There are also some other dark things going on with Archangel which former love-interest Betsy Bradock gets to witness. Back in San Francisco Rogue and Danger are seen guarding the prisoners including a smiley faced Donald Pierce. This doesn’t give much clue as to what happened there during Necrosha, which was a quasi-dangling plot that seems to be overlooked, and then we get to see something odd from Rogue when she channels the thoughts of Hope briefly.

This event is shaping up nicely and this was a strong issue both for story possibilities and art.

4.5 out of 5 Superb Cliff-hangers. (Seriously, it sucks the reader in and hooks them with 5 different little sub-plots that are going on.)

11New Mutants Empty Re: New Mutants Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:36 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DnA to take over New Mutants with May's #25

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=31063

New Mutants Newmutants

This book has really fallen off my radar (which seems like the case for a lot of people) but DnA taking over could definitely reignite my interest. I hope this gets them involved in plotting out the course of the overall X-universe too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum