Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supergirl

+3
superdoug
Sandman
BlueMaxx
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Supergirl Empty Supergirl Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:33 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just dropped Supergirl this month because I was tired of reading a skipping record. I wasn't getting the other New Krypton stuff, and don't like Superman, so I dropped it.

Although, turns out Thara really is Flamebird. Pretty sure everyone saw that coming, though.

2Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:I just dropped Supergirl this month because I was tired of reading a skipping record. I wasn't getting the other New Krypton stuff, and don't like Superman, so I dropped it.

Although, turns out Thara really is Flamebird. Pretty sure everyone saw that coming, though.

i just did the same thing for the same reason

3Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:19 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Great. Everyone drop Supergirl because they're not reading the other New Krypton stuff (which is awesome, by the way. Your loss). Maybe I can have ANOTHER FUCKING SUPERGIRL TITLE CANCELLED ON ME. THen, they can have another Crisis and kill her again, and I can have another twenty years of misery!

Yay, half-assery!

[/sarcasm with truth couched in it]

4Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:25 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

superdoug wrote:Great. Everyone drop Supergirl because they're not reading the other New Krypton stuff (which is awesome, by the way. Your loss). Maybe I can have ANOTHER FUCKING SUPERGIRL TITLE CANCELLED ON ME. THen, they can have another Crisis and kill her again, and I can have another twenty years of misery!

Yay, half-assery!

the bitch is I really liked the book when she was a lost, emotionally tormented slut.

...i miss the sluttyness... Crying or Very sad

5Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:00 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ When and where was this slutty you speak of?

Also, Doug, I think I was partly trying to desperately achieve my love of Linda Danvers through the title of Kara. :shrugs: I just don't like Supermen, other then villains. Love me some Supergirl and Power Girl, though. Not for the superficial reasons, they're interesting.

6Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Why are these books lumped together. Sure they are sharing a common storyline right now, but I think they should all have separate threads. This is gonna get mega confusing.

superdoug wrote:Great. Everyone drop Supergirl because they're not reading the other New Krypton stuff (which is awesome, by the way. Your loss). Maybe I can have ANOTHER FUCKING SUPERGIRL TITLE CANCELLED ON ME. THen, they can have another Crisis and kill her again, and I can have another twenty years of misery!

Yay, half-assery!

I didn't drop Supergirl. I LOVE Supergirl (both the character and book). Supergirl is probably my favorite Superman book right now.

7Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:46 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ When and where was this slutty you speak of?

I think he refers to when Kara was 'dating' Boomer and living on her own. She definitely seemed lost and a little trampy during that arc.

8Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:41 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#49 was good. I'm curious to see what's going on with Lana.

9Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:30 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Supergirl #50

So the conclusion to Lana's disease was.. sadly generic. What does have me interested is her final talk with Lana. Does this mean she's fully embracing her Kryptonian side? What will it mean for the Last Stand of Krypton/War of Supermen? Perhaps we're seeing a possible divide amongst the Super-family

10Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:10 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Supergirl #51

I have yet to read issue #50, but I went ahead and read this because it's part of the event/crossover. I liked it. Not a lot happened, but it was entertaining. I love seeing Superboy and Supergirl together.

11Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:03 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Supergirl #51

I have yet to read issue #50, but I went ahead and read this because it's part of the event/crossover. I liked it. Not a lot happened, but it was entertaining. I love seeing Superboy and Supergirl together.

Yeah, it was a decent issue. The scene where Superboy is holding Lara by the throat ready to punch her saying "Uh, it's not what you think" gave me a chuckle.

12Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:05 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

Yeah, it was a decent issue. The scene where Superboy is holding Lara by the throat ready to punch her saying "Uh, it's not what you think" gave me a chuckle.

Pssst....Lara was Kal's mother. Kara's mother's name is Allura. Wink

13Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:07 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

Pssst....Lara was Kal's mother. Kara's mother's name is Allura. Wink

BAH! Dammit.. I just woke up Wink

14Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:16 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

dropped...

a while ago...

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

15Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:28 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Supergirl #52

This was okay I guess. I just don't think this event is moving fast enough. This issue did move the story forward more than the last few issues of the crossover though.

I'm curious to see what happens between Brainiac 5 and Kara.

This isn't the same Brainiac 5 from the Legion that Supergirl encountered/joined is it? This is the Brainiac 5 from when Clark was Superboy (the one we saw in Johns' Action Comics run) right? Does Kara remember the other Legion?

16Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:37 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:This isn't the same Brainiac 5 from the Legion that Supergirl encountered/joined is it? This is the Brainiac 5 from when Clark was Superboy (the one we saw in Johns' Action Comics run) right? Does Kara remember the other Legion?

This is the Legion of New Earth, or Earth-0. The Legion that Kara was tooling around with was the Legion of Earth-Prime (which explained why they only knew Supergirl from comic books). The 'pocket universe' Legion (the universe that gave us (initially) XS and Matrix/Supergirl/Linda Danvers) has been alluded to being the 'New Wanderers' since their universe was destroyed in Infinite Crisis.

Spoiler:

17Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:44 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Thanks.

Legion continuity confuses the hell out of me. I know Legion of 3 Worlds was supposed to clean it up, but I don't think it helped.

18Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:32 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I had an epiphany this morning...what if the Linda Danvers that Matrix merged with was the pre-Crisis Linda Danvers? Bear with me, and listen for a second.

In the 2nd volume of the pre-Crisis Supergirl title, issue 19, Supergirl's life and secret identity are taken over by her de-powered clone, comprised of the six small Supergirl clones from earlier in her crime-fighting career who had been exposed to gold kryptonite. When the clone remembers who she really is (she really thought she was Linda), Kara tells her that they'll find her a new identity.

Now, up until this point, the story on 'Post-Crisis' Earth was that the universe had been re-written, and everyone who was alive got a new history. This explained why certain characters (like Supergirl) disappeared with no memory. Since Linda Danvers was Supergirl's secret identity and couldn't exist without her, how did she get re-written into the fabric of the new universe? Answer: she is template-based on the clone Linda Danvers who was still kicking around the DC Universe under a different name.

The Supergirl clones were initially villains, and that would explain Linda's penchant for the occult and why she got lured in by the demon Buzz (perhaps some faded memory of Supergirl's short stint as Satan Girl). This Linda would also be a sort of lightning rod for Supergirl reality, which would account for the reason that the pre-Crisis version of Kara landed where Linda would find it, and why she was allowed to go in Kara's place to try and prevent the Crisis.

Further, when she arrived on Earth-1A, Superman scanned her with his microscopic vision. If she was something other than Kryptonian, he would have caught that immediately, as he did the wig and clothing material. She was also able to carry his child to term. You could argue that was because of Matrix's powers, but I maintain that Linda was still human in her physiology (or, as I just pointed out, likely inert Kryptonian).

What do you guys think? Linda Danvers is really the Super-Clones reborn, or I'm just crazy?

19Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:17 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Supergirl #53

I liked this well enough. I was going to drop this book because frankly I thought the last six issues sucked, but I decided to give it one last shot. This was good enough to keep me around for a while.

I'm not too happy that Kara is going to go by Linda all the time now. I like the name Kara a LOT better than the name Linda.

Lana's little freak out about "Linda" not rushing in to help seemed odd. "Linda" had already told her that she was done as Supergirl. Did Lana not believe her? Or did she think that as soon as there was trouble "Linda" would change her mind?

20Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:53 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Supergirl #54

This issue gets a big meh. I didn't hate it, but I didn't really enjoy it either.

It was kind of boring.

I HATE Supergirl's shorter haircut.

How on Earth is Lana stupid enough not to check all the stalls before making a phone call like that?

Also, how is the opposite of having the ability to see through anything, being able to make things solid? That didn't sit well with me.

21Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:09 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i will catch up and we can dish about it doug Wink

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

22Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Supergirl #55

I just don't care anymore. This book has become very meh. It doesn't help that I'm not really a fan of Bizarro. I think I'm done with this book after this arc.

23Supergirl Empty Re: Supergirl Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, I finally got the strength to drop the book. I just wasn't enjoying it anymore, which is a shame because it was once among my favorite books. I was going to wait until the end of the arc, but I really can't stand Bizarro, so I though now would be as good a time as any to quit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum