The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1 Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:33 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Keen to hear how people think Season 8 is going and thoughts on who Twilight is.

I feel a little that the series has lost its way a bit. I still enjoy it but found I was enjoying it more at the start. Maybe the season has been going for a bit too long?

View user profile

2 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:01 am

MillionDollarGeek

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Its been going too long. I loved what they did with Buffy going into the future to meet up with Fray and Dark Willow. They have just about included everyone that we have wondered where they been.

The thing with Twilight though... Who the hell is he? Process of Elimination.

Not:
Riley
Warren
Amy

Could be:
Adam
A potential Slayer turned rogue
Principal Wood
A new villain

Or it could be someone coming back from the dead, my bet is on Johnathan.

View user profile

3 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:34 pm

shining knight

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I still believe it is caleb....

do you recall the clues I put up on the now gone wumb?

if not I'll search for them and put them in here

View user profile

4 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:37 pm

rwe1138

This winter, you'll believe a Slayer can fly...

------------------------------------
Robert Eddleman
View user profile http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

5 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:46 pm

shining knight

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
oh boy was that a wtf moment

View user profile

6 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:13 pm

Jherek

Pirate
Pirate
I officially dropped this book about four issues ago. Tell me it's improved and I'll pick it up again if not...meh. I think it's because I found it a little too back-story heavy. I mean back in the day I was as big a Buffy fan as anyone and my GF was borderline obsessive but now, not so much. I seem to have erased a lot of Buffy lore from my brain to make room for other stuff. Not only do I not care who 'Twilight' is (unfortunate clash of names with another pop culture vampire franchise isn't it?) but am pretty sure when it comes to the big reveal I'll be like 'huh?'.

View user profile

7 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:02 pm

MillionDollarGeek

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Not yet, its coming up soon though, the big battle is waging on. I know im going to be disappointed with the reveal as well since all her enemies from the past how now died or in the hell mouth. Im still thinking its Principal Wood.

View user profile

8 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:06 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
shining knight wrote:I still believe it is caleb....

I remember that. I thought it was good stuff and worth reposting here for debate. My problem is that anyone I think of doesn't make sense.

Jherek wrote:I officially dropped this book about four issues ago. Tell me it's improved and I'll pick it up again if not...meh. I think it's because I found it a little too back-story heavy. I mean back in the day I was as big a Buffy fan as anyone and my GF was borderline obsessive but now, not so much. I seem to have erased a lot of Buffy lore from my brain to make room for other stuff. Not only do I not care who 'Twilight' is (unfortunate clash of names with another pop culture vampire franchise isn't it?) but am pretty sure when it comes to the big reveal I'll be like 'huh?'.
Jherek - I couldn't tell you it's improved. I sort of feel like it's dragged on too long. I'm sticking with it but I probably started to be a bit disappointed in it about the time you dropped it. My other major problem is the art. Now it's got such a big cast I'm finding it very difficult to differentiate characters.

View user profile

9 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:27 am

shining knight

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
okay here they are please be mindful that the following is all from the same issue (buffy fights twilight for the first time)

Of all the villians buffy fought why him?

casual sexism was calebs thing

does this need explaining?

and this was posted just to prove that twilight is clearly male

View user profile

10 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:21 am

MillionDollarGeek

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Aussiemandias wrote:
shining knight wrote:I still believe it is caleb....

I remember that. I thought it was good stuff and worth reposting here for debate. My problem is that anyone I think of doesn't make sense.

Jherek wrote:I officially dropped this book about four issues ago. Tell me it's improved and I'll pick it up again if not...meh. I think it's because I found it a little too back-story heavy. I mean back in the day I was as big a Buffy fan as anyone and my GF was borderline obsessive but now, not so much. I seem to have erased a lot of Buffy lore from my brain to make room for other stuff. Not only do I not care who 'Twilight' is (unfortunate clash of names with another pop culture vampire franchise isn't it?) but am pretty sure when it comes to the big reveal I'll be like 'huh?'.
Jherek - I couldn't tell you it's improved. I sort of feel like it's dragged on too long. I'm sticking with it but I probably started to be a bit disappointed in it about the time you dropped it. My other major problem is the art. Now it's got such a big cast I'm finding it very difficult to differentiate characters.

Right, me too, I cant even tell weather its Willow or Oz's wife that its talking. They all look the same and now that the battle has all the slayers its getting crowded in there. Hope it ends soon.

shining knight wrote:okay here they are please be mindful that the following is all from the same issue (buffy fights twilight for the first time)

Of all the villians buffy fought why him?

casual sexism was calebs thing

does this need explaining?

and this was posted just to prove that twilight is clearly male

Okay, so its not Principal Wood. lol. Caleb again? So that would automatically make him First Evil again.

View user profile

11 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:04 pm

Jherek

Pirate
Pirate
Hmmm. Brad Meltzer? This might convince me to check out the book again. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=23759

View user profile

12 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:51 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Damn I love Jo Chen's covers. I wish the likenesses inside the books were as good as what she manages on her covers which are spot on.

View user profile

13 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:52 pm

superdoug

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
MillionDollarGeek wrote:
Okay, so its not Principal Wood. lol. Caleb again? So that would automatically make him First Evil again.

Caleb was not the First. He was an agent of the First, chosen and easily manipulated because of his commitment to his mental disorder (as seen in 'Dirty Girls'). Caleb lost his head, so if that was Caleb, I would expect to see a scar across his neck in that last panel, and I'm not seeing it.

If I were a betting man, and I am at times...I bet this is how Joss is bringing Pike back into the Buffyverse. According to a graphic novel a few years ago, Buffy abandoned Pike in Las Vegas some time ago, so he definitely has an axe to grind.

View user profile

14 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:14 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I've got to say I think the panels shining knight posted above are pretty convincing that it's Caleb. There are definitely major hints there.

View user profile

15 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:27 pm

Jherek

Pirate
Pirate
Aussiemandias wrote:I've got to say I think the panels shining knight posted above are pretty convincing that it's Caleb. There are definitely major hints there.

I guess the reason he has an itchy neck could be because his head has been sewn back on.

View user profile

16 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:31 pm

Jherek

Pirate
Pirate
Aussiemandias wrote:
Damn I love Jo Chen's covers. I wish the likenesses inside the books were as good as what she manages on her covers which are spot on.
QFT

The awesomeness of that cover may have drawn your attention away from the link I put in that same post so here it is again -
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=23759
Like I said Brad Metzer writing Buffy may get me back on board.

View user profile

17 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:34 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Jherek wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:
QFT

The awesomeness of that cover may have drawn your attention away from the link I put in that same post so here it is again -
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=23759
Like I said Brad Metzer writing Buffy may get me back on board.
Laughing You're right - I didn't notice that!! And Melzer on Buffy should be good I agree.

View user profile

18 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:20 pm

MillionDollarGeek

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
superdoug wrote:
MillionDollarGeek wrote:

Caleb was not the First. He was an agent of the First, chosen and easily manipulated because of his commitment to his mental disorder (as seen in 'Dirty Girls'). Caleb lost his head, so if that was Caleb, I would expect to see a scar across his neck in that last panel, and I'm not seeing it.

If I were a betting man, and I am at times...I bet this is how Joss is bringing Pike back into the Buffyverse. According to a graphic novel a few years ago, Buffy abandoned Pike in Las Vegas some time ago, so he definitely has an axe to grind.

Holy shit! Are we gonna see Luke Perry's likeness!?

View user profile

19 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:23 pm

rwe1138

The Willow one-shot was good, but didn't feel really necessary.

Robert Eddleman

20 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:57 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
rwe1138 wrote:The Willow one-shot was good, but didn't feel really necessary.
I tend to agree but I suppose that may have been the case with a lot of the Dark Horse one-shots they brought out. Maybe people might have been a bit more interested in what Willow went through next than the actual path she took to get there.

Jo Chen's cover was just beautiful. A pity the interior art likenesses are never as close.

View user profile

21 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:57 pm

superdoug

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Aussiemandias wrote:I've got to say I think the panels shining knight posted above are pretty convincing that it's Caleb. There are definitely major hints there.

I still think that the idea that it's Caleb is all just an elaborate canard. I'm going to hold out that it's actually Pike until I see different. Wink

View user profile

22 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:31 pm

rwe1138

Well, Dark Horse's solicits have apparently revealed Twilight to be

Spoiler:
Angel.

Here's an interview with editor Scott Allie on CBR discussing it.

I dunno. I kinda feel like it's another red herring...

Robert Eddleman

23 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:40 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
So they've kept it secret for all this time and the cat finally gets let out of the bag mere months before the big reveal is to happen. Geez. thumbs down

View user profile

24 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:19 am

MillionDollarGeek

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
oh come on! Really? That's stupid... Im already wanting to cancel my Angel pull because of the stupid timeline shit. Now this?

View user profile

25 Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:02 pm

shining knight

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
aw fuck off

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum