The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Informer's 200th Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Game Informer's 200th Issue on Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:58 pm

ChrisToPhenom


Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I've been a subscriber to Game Informer since the 100th issue when I was around 13 and I'm happy that the magazine and me made it to it's 200th issue-I can't wait to visit GameStop or EB Games to buy the covers I didn't get in the mail! Game Informer says reader won't be disappointed-the 200th issue will include a list of the top 200 games of all time and I can't wait to see it.
























View user profile

2 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:56 pm

Nice covers. Not much of a fan of the magazine though. I just want previews and reviews (new and retro). Interviews and detailed discussions about tech stuff is boring to me.

I have a subscription though just because I get saddled with it whenever I trade in games (which isn't often). I suppose I'll pay more attention to it now that I have a PS3. They rarely cover Wii games. Laughing

View user profile http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

3 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:45 am

MillionDollarGeek

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I got the zelda cover in the mail. That's a lot of reading material inside...

View user profile

4 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:02 pm

supervenom

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
got the Metroid cover. the list of the top 200 games was pretty interesting. glad some of the God of War games made it.

View user profile

5 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:33 pm

I had a whole long ass post but it got deleted when there was an auto-log out or something. Ugh. Basically, I'm upset--UPSET!---that Pac-Man ranked so much lower than Ms. Pac-Man, which ranked higher simply because it improved upon the original. If that's true, Mario 3 should have outranked Super Mario Bros. And if THAT'S true, Pac-Man Championship Edition (which doesn't get mentioned) is better than all of them but doesn't even rank. But 3 GTA games get listed? Lame. And Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney? Really? One of the best games of all time? Full disclosure: Don't listen to the ramblings of a man with a pac-man tattoo, such as myself.

Also, where is Atari River Raid?!? Rabble rabble!

Pretty great content in the issue, and I want to make love to those special covers. I'm framing few of them at least.

And though not visually appealing, I really love the multi-page spread of quotes from old issues. Made me want to flip through old stacks of GI and Nintendo Power.

View user profile http://www.worldofwardcrap.com

6 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:36 pm

I tried to edit last post but didn't work! Gah! My post got deleted because of an auto log out I think.

View user profile http://www.worldofwardcrap.com

7 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:42 am

potatojoe

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Why did they start with number 1 and count down? I hate when magazines do that, It really loses any anticipation as you read the article.

View user profile

8 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:19 am

I agree with Potatojoe. Also...

POTATOJOE YOU WON MY GIANT WEBSITE CONTEST! I've got an entire box of stuff to send you. you still want it? My cat keeps trying to get into it!

View user profile http://www.worldofwardcrap.com

9 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:23 pm

potatojoe

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Really? That is awesome! The signed comics are the best Laughing

View user profile

10 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:13 am

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I got the Tetris cover was I thought was pretty sweet. I was confused about Ms Pac Man ranking higher than Pac Man as well. It's sexism I tell you.

View user profile

11 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:26 am

Still waiting on my issue to show up. hmm

View user profile http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

12 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:49 am

prescribeddrone

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I only get these because of Gamestop and my gamers edge card. I got this yesterday and I disagree with half the list, but whatever it's their opinions. Videogame magazines are pretty much obsolete these days anyway.

View user profile

13 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:33 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Is Game Infomer's the best gaming magazine out there?? The reason I ask is because I am getting an Xbox 360 for x-mas and would like to subscribe to a gaming magazine and didn't know which one was better.


------------------------------------




Spaced Asylum

Spaced Twitter

Spaced Facebook
View user profile

14 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:47 pm

ChrisToPhenom


Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:Is Game Informer's the best gaming magazine out there?? The reason I ask is because I am getting an Xbox 360 for x-mas and would like to subscribe to a gaming magazine and didn't know which one was better.
In my opinion, it's on top of the competition but I say pick a Game Informer up and if you like it, subscribe but since you seem to be attached to your Xbox 360, you might want to try out to the Official Xbox Magazine so it'll be just what you need to know for the future of that one game console. They should sell these at GamesStop or EB Games including most of retail stores everywhere.

http://www.oxmonline.com/

Current Issue-

View user profile

15 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:05 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
ChrisToPhenom wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:Is Game Informer's the best gaming magazine out there?? The reason I ask is because I am getting an Xbox 360 for x-mas and would like to subscribe to a gaming magazine and didn't know which one was better.
In my opinion, it's on top of the competition but I say pick a Game Informer up and if you like it, subscribe but since you seem to be attached to your Xbox 360, you might want to try out to the Official Xbox Magazine so it'll be just what you need to know for the future of that one game console. They should sell these at GamesStop or EB Games including most of retail stores everywhere.

http://www.oxmonline.com/

Current Issue-


Thanks Very Happy

I was also looking at the Xbox magazine too. I wasn't sure if it would as good as any of the other magazines.


------------------------------------




Spaced Asylum

Spaced Twitter

Spaced Facebook
View user profile

16 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:18 pm

ChrisToPhenom


Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
[quote="Spaced4SimonPegg"]
ChrisToPhenom wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:Is Game Informer's the best gaming magazine out there?? The reason I ask is because I am getting an Xbox 360 for x-mas and would like to subscribe to a gaming magazine and didn't know which one was better.
In my opinion, it's on top of the competition but I say pick a Game Informer up and if you like it, subscribe but since you seem to be attached to your Xbox 360, you might want to try out to the Official Xbox Magazine so it'll be just what you need to know for the future of that one game console. They should sell these at GamesStop or EB Games including most of retail stores everywhere.

http://www.oxmonline.com/
Thanks Very Happy

I was also looking at the Xbox magazine too. I wasn't sure if it would as good as any of the other magazines.
No problem! Wink

View user profile

17 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:11 pm

potatojoe

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:Is Game Informer's the best gaming magazine out there?? The reason I ask is because I am getting an Xbox 360 for x-mas and would like to subscribe to a gaming magazine and didn't know which one was better.
In my opinion, it's on top of the competition but I say pick a Game Informer up and if you like it, subscribe but since you seem to be attached to your Xbox 360, you might want to try out to the Official Xbox Magazine so it'll be just what you need to know for the future of that one game console. They should sell these at GamesStop or EB Games including most of retail stores everywhere.

http://www.oxmonline.com/

Current Issue-


Thanks Very Happy

I was also looking at the Xbox magazine too. I wasn't sure if it would as good as any of the other magazines.



Subscribing to it I think it's like $15 bucks a month. That's less than two issues!

View user profile

18 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:31 pm

ChrisToPhenom


Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
potatojoe wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:Is Game Informer's the best gaming magazine out there?? The reason I ask is because I am getting an Xbox 360 for x-mas and would like to subscribe to a gaming magazine and didn't know which one was better.
In my opinion, it's on top of the competition but I say pick a Game Informer up and if you like it, subscribe but since you seem to be attached to your Xbox 360, you might want to try out to the Official Xbox Magazine so it'll be just what you need to know for the future of that one game console. They should sell these at GamesStop or EB Games including most of retail stores everywhere.

http://www.oxmonline.com/

Current Issue-


Thanks Very Happy

I was also looking at the Xbox magazine too. I wasn't sure if it would as good as any of the other magazines.



Subscribing to it I think it's like $15 bucks a month. That's less than two issues!
That's $180. But nah, on its website it's $24 for 12 magazines and the CDs that come in each one. If it wasn't for the CDs, it was be around $12 like normally but I think Spaced4SimonPegg would love the demos or whatever for his Xbox 360.

View user profile

19 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:49 pm

prescribeddrone

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
In the days of internet gaming sites, why would someone want to subscribe to a videogame mag? The reviews are always about 3 weeks late. Internet sites like Gamespot and IGN review them around the game release. Just curious.

I only get it because of the Gamers Edge card (come with a subscription) from Gamestop to get discounts on used games.

View user profile

20 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:48 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
ChrisToPhenom wrote:
potatojoe wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:Is Game Informer's the best gaming magazine out there?? The reason I ask is because I am getting an Xbox 360 for x-mas and would like to subscribe to a gaming magazine and didn't know which one was better.
In my opinion, it's on top of the competition but I say pick a Game Informer up and if you like it, subscribe but since you seem to be attached to your Xbox 360, you might want to try out to the Official Xbox Magazine so it'll be just what you need to know for the future of that one game console. They should sell these at GamesStop or EB Games including most of retail stores everywhere.

http://www.oxmonline.com/

Current Issue-


Thanks Very Happy

I was also looking at the Xbox magazine too. I wasn't sure if it would as good as any of the other magazines.



Subscribing to it I think it's like $15 bucks a month. That's less than two issues!
That's $180. But nah, on its website it's $24 for 12 magazines and the CDs that come in each one. If it wasn't for the CDs, it was be around $12 like normally but I think Spaced4SimonPegg would love the demos or whatever for his Xbox 360.

HER Xbox 360 yes


------------------------------------




Spaced Asylum

Spaced Twitter

Spaced Facebook
View user profile

21 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:31 pm

ChrisToPhenom


Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Oh, "Her" Hahaha!

I'm just now finishing the magazine and I'm still laughing about the letters sent to Game Informer asking if they were bought by Disney because of the Epic Mickey cover story. Laughing

View user profile

22 Re: Game Informer's 200th Issue on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:16 am

Chief Kamachi

avatar
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
Game Informer's a good read. The only other mag I like bedsides it was EGM, but its no longer in print.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum