The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transformers Ongoing

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I can't wait to get the first trade. I'm salivating at the thought.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing a typo)

View user profile

52 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:22 pm

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
I'm Jason Kerouac, and I approve of this message ^

------------------------------------
View user profile

53 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:25 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Issue 8 was interesting. I normally don't care about what's going on with the human's in a Transformers comic, but I actually cared in this issue. I really liked the art too.

View user profile

54 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:16 am

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I liked issue #8. Costa is actually making me interested in the humans. I never thought that was possible.

I liked the art fine, but I'm really, REALLY missing Don Figueroa.

View user profile

55 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:04 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Really hating the lack of "media coverage" for these two excellent IDW books--including GI Joe Cobra. I can only do so many hour-long reviews for these books Sad

Transformers #7 & 8

Didn't like the art change at first, but the new artist appears to have a better hand at conveying human emotion and depicting detail of the human anatomy. I know it's Transformers, but somehow, the Constructicon at the end of issue #8 looks much approved over the robots from last month.

Wondering about all the jumping around from plot to plot...Costa channeling his inner-Hickman if you will?

Agreed about the "now caring for the human" for issue #8. Loved the joke about the haircut with concerns for the art change. A little 4th wall humor rightly placed there. I'm curious to see how the "newer look" will appear once the Transformers come back to take over the book.

3/5 and 3.5/5, respectively

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

56 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:22 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Well, I read the first trade. I hadn't read issues 1 or 2, but I'd read 3-6. I loved 3-6 the first time, but I loved them even more this time after having read the first two issues.

Man this is just some awesome stuff. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I definitely think that after Beast Wars (the show) that this is my favorite Transformers product.

Don Figueroa's art is just amazing. If and when they do another TF cartoon they need to do it in the style of Figueroa.

Is Figueroa coming back to the book? I really really miss him. I still love the book, but it's just not the same without him.

View user profile

57 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:41 pm

Batman25JM wrote:
Don Figueroa's art is just amazing. If and when they do another TF cartoon they need to do it in the style of Figueroa.

Is Figueroa coming back to the book? I really really miss him. I still love the book, but it's just not the same without him.

Maybe with Issue #12. Issue #11 finishes off a 3 part story, so maybe he'll be back after that. I can't imagine leaving him off the book unless he's doing another project.

View user profile

58 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:10 am

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Issue 9 kicked off what seems like it will be a pretty good arc. I really hope they'll stick with the more tradition look of the Transformers like they have been.

View user profile

59 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
Really? I enjoyed Figueroa's blending of G1 and movie looks. To me, it was the best of both worlds - iconic, with some realism.

View user profile

60 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:51 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Transformers is one of the few things where I prefer the art to look less realistic. I just love the traditional look.

View user profile

61 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:31 am

Mnemosis wrote:Really? I enjoyed Figueroa's blending of G1 and movie looks. To me, it was the best of both worlds - iconic, with some realism.

I have to agree.

I quite enjoy the blend.

View user profile

62 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:01 am

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I liked issue #9 fine. I wasn't blown away, but it was still good. I still definitely miss Figueroa's art.

View user profile

63 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:10 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Did anybody else feel that issue 10 was sorta weak? It wasn't bad, but it just wasn't as good as I was hoping that it would be.

View user profile

64 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:15 am

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
Not at all. I LOVED IT! The humor was great, the action was awesome, and the plot reveal at the end, while nothing totally shocking, was still a great development!

View user profile

65 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:54 pm

The Motherfucking Predacons. Nuff Said.

View user profile

66 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I really really really enjoyed issues #10 and #11. I'm really liking Thundercracker.

I'm liking the art. I still miss Figueroa, but I am enjoying the art.

Next issue: The Predacons? AWESOME!!!

View user profile

67 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:56 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Issue #12 wasn't bad, the story was cool, but the art is hurting my enjoyment of the book. It's just too ordinary. I so miss Figueroa.

View user profile

68 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:57 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm the complete opposite on the art. I love this art for a Transformers book. Something about Figueroa's art is distracting to me.

I really enjoyed this most recent art. The ending of this issue completly took me off guard.

View user profile

69 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:10 am

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
See, I've never been a fan of the more blocky style for the Transformers. The art isn't too blocky, but it certainly isn't what Figueroa was doing. I loved his art. It didn't distract me in the slightest. Honestly, it was 50% of the reason I loved the book so much.

View user profile

70 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:14 am

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
Batman25JM wrote:See, I've never been a fan of the more blocky style for the Transformers. The art isn't too blocky, but it certainly isn't what Figueroa was doing. I loved his art. It didn't distract me in the slightest. Honestly, it was 50% of the reason I loved the book so much.

Quiffed.

View user profile

71 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:29 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I liked issue #13 quite a bit. I liked the art a lot better in this issue than the art since Figueroa left. And Figueroa's cover was awesome.

View user profile

72 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:33 am

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
I don't understand the guy who said he was leader of the Decepticons? I guess that's because he thought Megatron was gone? That threw me off..otherwise solid ish...I miss Figueroa's art but this one was decent.

73 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:45 am

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
Are you being sarcastic?

View user profile

74 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:30 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^I'm curious too.

I loved the new design for Megatron. I thought it was awesome.

View user profile

75 Re: Transformers Ongoing on Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:52 am

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
hahaha no i read like 20 different comics in a row so that might have something to do with my retardation...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum