Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wonder Woman

+10
jaydee74
shining knight
prescribeddrone
Metal Misfit
Foreigner_Man
LordD3r3k
Batman25JM
LOOSECANNON
Bigtymin504
rwe1138
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:45 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Agreed. It's funny how often we complain that events/crossovers kill characters or their books, but in this particular case I think it's practically needed...as far as promotion and mass appeal.

Of course I'm one of those people who absolutely love this book and about 85% of Simone's run, but let's face it: most comic heads are not.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

27Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:19 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Does this mean we get nicola back on secret six?

28Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:21 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I only recently started reading Wonder Woman. I started with Simone's first arc, and then jumped ahead to the last arc. I liked both arcs, but this current arc hasn't done much for me, and I was thinking about dropping the book. So, when Simone leaves that seems like a good time. I'll wait and see who the next writer is going to be to make a final decision, but if it is Morrison then I'm definitely dropping it.

29Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:34 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Yup, sad.

I'm assuming Morrison takes over as rumored...

glad to see Simone back on Birds of Prey though, that was a hell of a run.

Morrison was rumored to write Wonder Woman? Really? It's sad to see Gail go but I am happy that she's doing a new Birds of Prey.

30Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:39 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Batman25JM wrote:...but this current arc hasn't done much for me, and I was thinking about dropping the book.

Ah, so I take it you liked (or disliked) issue #41 nowhere near as much as I did.

I don't give 4.5's very often ya know... Laughing

31Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:12 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:...but this current arc hasn't done much for me, and I was thinking about dropping the book.

Ah, so I take it you liked (or disliked) issue #41 nowhere near as much as I did.

I don't give 4.5's very often ya know... Laughing

I actually haven't read it yet. I may like it and it could change my mind about the arc, but so far it hasn't done a lot for me.

32Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:19 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

well the arc was inconsistent, I gave issue #40 a 3/5

33Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:26 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

J. Michael Straczynski is taking over with #601.

So yeah, #600 will be my last monthly issue. Not to knock JMS, but I'm not a huge fan. I'll pick up the trades if I hear good things.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

34Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JMS on Wonder Woman is brilliant. With the amazing work he did on Thor, I'm sure he will do great with this mythos. For once, this actually makes me excited to read Wonder Woman.

Hopefully the artists with JMS on Supes and WW are also very talented.

35Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:08 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:J. Michael Straczynski is taking over with #601.

So yeah, #600 will be my last monthly issue. Not to knock JMS, but I'm not a huge fan. I'll pick up the trades if I hear good things.

DAMN IT!!!

I was actually hoping that Morrison would take over so that I would have an excuse to drop the book.

I like JMS enough to keep going for a while.

36Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:23 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

LOOSECANNON wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:No surprise. Sales have been terrible for a long time.

Wow, now that's a bit harsh. LOL. It's a man's world, there aren't a lot of female books that have good sales. Gotham City Sirens is one of the rare titles doing good and it's mostly surviving off the Batman Reborn status quo for now...the Wonder Woman title NEVER has the advantage of being pushed over through "events" and "crossovers" like the Green Lantern and Batman titles. I'm sure "Blackest Night: Wonder Woman" did pretty good. Let's hope the next run of WW gets involved throughout the entire DC universe instead of being so sheltered in its own corner...

What? Laughing I didn't say it was a bad book, I'm just pointing out it doesn't sell. If you want to talk about quality we can. But what I have to say won't make fans of this book and Gail Simone very happy. whistle

prescribeddrone wrote:I'm not really into WW, I like her but not enough to get a monthly.

Not enough to start your period? blink

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

37Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Picked up the Circle. I'll be reading it tonight. Also I just read JMS' Thor and I think he'll do a great WW run.

38Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:06 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think JMS would be interesting on Wonder Woman.

39Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:24 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#42 was okay. Next issue should be more interesting now that we know who the invasion's leader is.

40Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:47 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

WW #42

So, we go from my favorite Wonder Woman issue since The Circle arc in #41 to my least favorite...

Ever?

Word has it that some calls for bereavement contributed to the art woes in the issue, so my condolensces go out to Nicola Scott and Doug Hazelwood. For now, the much-promised Secret Six creative team's entry to Wonder Woman will have to stall a month, for Scott only provides the prologue, among other subtle additions.

I have to wonder whether this arc serves as Gail Simone's audition for Green Lantern Corps. With the announcement of JMS taking over the Wonder Woman ongoing this summer, one has to wonder whether Gail's head is somewhere else. The problem is, her take on Diana far and away outshines her compatriates this side of Steven Trevor. I wasn't satisfied with any of the GLC's bits in this issue and the antagonist is far worse. If the art can overcome the personal setbacks next month, this title might retain some of its redeeming quality; 'til then, I'm only purchasing to complete Simone's run.

2/5 Bags&Boards - This villain makes Genocide look interesting.

41Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:21 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#43 felt like what it was, which is the middle part in a three-part story. Not great, but not bad either.

42Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Sat May 01, 2010 6:16 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I agree.

WW #43

There just seems like too much set-up and too much going, too much confusion for a book about to hit an anniversary issue, a status quo change, and a new creative direction. It'll be a shame if Simone's legacy on WW goes out on a sour note. With that said, it was better than last issue. I didn't like the inconsistent art. While the pairing isn't bad, I wish Nicola Scott drew this alone with the same inker from Secret Six. The level of images on this arc have been nowhere near the level of that title, the Blackest Night: WW, or even Lopresti's WW for that matter.

2.5/5 Snake Women From Outerspace - Passable; will be forgotten once it's all said and done.

43Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Wed May 26, 2010 7:43 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#44 was good. I hope Astarte gets used by JMS, but I doubt it. Hopefully Gail can work her into another book somewhere, because she's an interesting character.

44Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Mon May 31, 2010 3:33 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love Gail's work, but to be honest, she seemed to lose her way by the end. It felt like she was just going for a quick wrap up before leaving the book.

45Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:55 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

LordD3r3k wrote:I love Gail's work, but to be honest, she seemed to lose her way by the end. It felt like she was just going for a quick wrap up before leaving the book.

That's basically my review of WW #44 in a nutshell...it WAS better than the last two issues, however...weird how Nicola Scott's artwork is phenomenal in Secret Six yet efforts in WW pailed in comparison to Lopresti beforehand.

3/5 Last Simone Issues - Good ending to an otherwise crap arc; shame her last outing didn't live up to the majority of Simone's run.

46Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:06 am

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I'm catching up of Wonder Woman. I'm currently about halfway through the Rise of the Olympian arc. I must say I really like the art!

47Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:06 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, I read Wonder Woman #600. I liked it. I enjoyed the various stories. The JMS story just makes my head hurt with so many questions that I'll pose once more people have made their opinions known. Overall though, I'm a bit curious. Not to mention Brian "Butter Cow" Cunningham is going to be the editor of this book. Awesome.

48Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:02 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I enjoyed most of #600.

49Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:08 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah. I really did too. I very much enjoyed the Gail Simone/George Perez story as it ties in a bit with characters that are from George's run on the book which in my opinion is the some of the best Wonder Woman ever.

50Wonder Woman - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonder Woman Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:18 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wonder Woman #600

I have to say, after reading JMS' mission statement I'm looking forward to his run. I can see where this direction change would upset WW fans, but I'm just not the biggest WW fan, and this new direction sounds kinda interesting now. I agree with what JMS said, WW is kinda stuffy, so this change could prove a good thing. Though, I have no doubt that after JMS is done with the book they'll retcon things back, but whatever. I also have to say that I LOVE the new costume.

The Gail Simone story was just meh for me. I have no idea who that girl was so it didn't mean much to me. I will say though that George Pérez's art is awesome. I LOVED his Supergirl. I am curious though, does Pérez ever draw a book without having at least one panel featuring at least a dozen heroes? Laughing

The Amanda Conner story was just meh. However, that cat of PG's was cute.

The Geoff Johns thing was pretty much a non story, so I don't really have any comments on it.

Louise Simonson's story was fine I guess.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum