Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favorite Comic Book Quotes

+30
burntoffering08
Elmo Machete
G_Zatara
Warren_Worthington IV
Warpig372
GigaToast
Spazzy
The Ignored One
Spider_Fan14
deadbolt85
NorrinRadd
prescribeddrone
LordD3r3k
NSFW
hrdwrkngXsoldier
jaydee74
gangsternerd
shining knight
elijahdprophet
Jherek
tstrike99
Ska
Gandicles
kidspider2099
rwe1138
Bigtymin504
Batman25JM
BlueMaxx
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Administrator
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:51 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then... he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him."

-Batman
I like this one.

"If you think Arkham's scary as a doctor, you should try it as a patient."
- Harley Quinn

"There's no such thing as safe sex with some alien races. Think acid-for-blood. Think mate-then-kill."
- Harley Quinn

Doctor Manhattan:
"We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings."

"There is no future. There is no past. Do you see? Time is simultaneous, an intricately structured jewel that humans insist on viewing one edge at a time, when the whole design is visible in every facet."

"In my opinion, the existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."

"Anything that can happen does happen."

27Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:02 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"Everyone looks up to you. They listen to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they need to be inspired. And let's face it, "Superman" ... the last time you really inspired anyone was when you were dead." -- Infinite Crisis #1, Batman

28Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:54 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love the Batman and Dr. Manhattan quotes.

"Did you ever think that to the nuts inside, the peanut is like their whole universe? I mean they could fall in love and never be together because the shell separates them. So close, but their cruel prison-the shell-keeps them apart. It's so sad! How they must hate their cruel master, The Shell, uncaring despoiler ...of legume romance! And then one day, They're free! And it's like, 'let's dance, you hot salty nut'"

Deadpool

29Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

From this weeks Secret Six

"I was thinking what's it's like to be abandonned & tortured & abused & forgotten. When your life is so worthless that your only degraded value to anyone is when your pain gives them amusement & the person entrusted to care for you see you as more disposable than used tissue- But then I thought 'I wonder what's it's li...ke to fuck a butterfly?' - Ragdoll ♥️

30Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:33 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:"Everyone looks up to you. They listen to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they need to be inspired. And let's face it, "Superman" ... the last time you really inspired anyone was when you were dead." -- Infinite Crisis #1, Batman

Awesome quote.

31Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:05 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"In the words of Thomas Jefferson... that's bull***t."
- Yorick Brown (Y the Last Man)

"Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world."
- Spider Jerusalem (Transmetropolitan)

"You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!"

"If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today."

"Inverted commas are for fucking quotation! Like if I was to call you an illiterate fucking c---sodden dickrag, you would write, 'Herr Starr, comma, with his usual searing insight, comma, today referred to me as, open quotes, an illiterate fucking c---, hyphen, sodden dickrag, close quotes, period!'"
- Herr Starr (Preacher)

"Having met the Lord God I can honestly say he's a bit of a prick."
- Jesse Custer (Preacher)

"Alan Moore! You wrote my favorite issues of Radioactive Man!" - Bart Simpson
"Oh really? So you liked that I made your favorite superhero a heroin-addicted jazz-critic who's NOT radioactive?" - Alan Moore
"I don't read the words; I just like when he punches people!" - Bart Simpson

32Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:10 pm

NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd
Cadet
Cadet

LordD3r3k wrote:"Everyone looks up to you. They listen to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they need to be inspired. And let's face it, "Superman" ... the last time you really inspired anyone was when you were dead." -- Infinite Crisis #1, Batman

Excellent!

Here's mine:

"Do you really think I am going down to some pampered punk line you?" - Captain America (Civil War #3)

33Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:47 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah I like this one too. I noticed between this and the way Bats has talked to Hal and John Stewart in GL: Rebirth, that Johns writes Bats as particularly dickish compared to most. Laughing

34Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:17 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"Who do I think I am? Good question, really, and I'll answer like this: I've seen too much to be Robin, but I'm still too optimistic to be Batman. I'm Nightwing. I'm officer Dick Grayson. I'm Barbara's boyfriend, Bruce Wayne's adopted son, and the last living member of the Amazing Flying Graysons. I'm happy."

-Nightwing #75

35Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:37 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

" I always think I've got it all figured out, and then I live another day, and everything just gets more complicated." -Scud (issue 14, I believe.)

36Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"Waht do you think the A stands for? France?"
- Ultimate Captain America

37Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:55 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

"Come and get me!!!" Thanos

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

38Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:43 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"Unlike the humans, who call you beast, there is no violence in your heart. No hint of avarice, no smoldering hate! Yet man, who has won dominion over all this world, is a stranger to peace — a prisoner, caught in the web of his own nameless fears."
- Norrin Radd, The Silver Surfer (Monologuing to a lion.)

"If sacred places are spared the ravages of war... then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war... then make all people holy."
- Norrin Radd, The Silver Surfer

"Again you substitute force for understanding! Again you would destroy that which you cannot comprehend! ... From cradle to grave — your lives are rooted in senseless violence! Since power is your god — I'll show you power — such as you have never known!"

39Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:49 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Blue, you put my favorites so far. Keep it up!

The lion quote is brilliant.

40Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:08 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:"Unlike the humans, who call you beast, there is no violence in your heart. No hint of avarice, no smoldering hate! Yet man, who has won dominion over all this world, is a stranger to peace — a prisoner, caught in the web of his own nameless fears."
- Norrin Radd, The Silver Surfer (Monologuing to a lion.)

"If sacred places are spared the ravages of war... then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war... then make all people holy."

"Again you substitute force for understanding! Again you would destroy that which you cannot comprehend! ... From cradle to grave — your lives are rooted in senseless violence! Since power is your god — I'll show you power — such as you have never known!"

YES! The last two are from Silver Surfer: Requiem if I'm not mistaken? I'm pretty sure the second one is. (that's one of the best minis of the decade imo)

41Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:13 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Yep. The third is from the original series. One of the early issues. When Kirby and Stan wrote Silver Surfer, and Dr. Strange, they got really clever with dialogue and meaning. Waxing philosophical and making social commentaries that'd get past guidelines and to the readers.

prescribeddrone wrote:Blue, you put my favorites so far. Keep it up!

The lion quote is brilliant.
Thanks. And that one quote of his stuck out to me more than all others.

42Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:13 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tek-Knight: "Gentlemen, if its got a hole, I can fuck it." Laughing

-The Boys "Get Some"

43Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:21 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"Like a bat out of hell into darkness. Knowing what I've known all along: That it's God who creates all of our tragedies. But it's the Devil who makes us care."
- Johnny Blaze, Ghost Rider

44Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:38 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ wow

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

45Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:33 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"I just wanted to say that your behavior towards Peter was nothing short of deporable, you shallow-minded unconscionable piece of rat &#%#!! No wonder no one reads your piece of crap paper, you ecomaniac! Oh, and nice mustache! Hitler called. He says he wants his "look" back!!!"

Aunt May to JJJ, Ultimate Spiderman #48

"Bring it on, Blob. I've been kicking your fat ass since I was thirteen."

Iceman to Blob, Uncanny X-Men #403

46Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:12 pm

GigaToast

GigaToast
Ninja
Ninja

Norman Osborn to Hank Pym: "So, still slapping women around?"
Hank Pym: "You still throwing 'em off bridges?"

(from Mighty Avengers #32)

classic. Very Happy

http://www.gigatoast.deviantart.com

47Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:57 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ha! That's great banter.

Spazzy wrote:^ wow
Good "wow" or bad "wow"? Heh.

jaydee74 wrote:"I just wanted to say that your behavior towards Peter was nothing short of deporable, you shallow-minded unconscionable piece of rat &#%#!! No wonder no one reads your piece of crap paper, you ecomaniac! Oh, and nice mustache! Hitler called. He says he wants his "look" back!!!"

Aunt May to JJJ, Ultimate Spiderman #48
Go Aunt May! tongue

48Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:30 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

GigaToast wrote:Norman Osborn to Hank Pym: "So, still slapping women around?"
Hank Pym: "You still throwing 'em off bridges?"

(from Mighty Avengers #32)

classic. Very Happy

Despite hating MA since Bendis left, I love those lines.

49Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:13 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

From Batman: TAS, yet, to me, still counts as comicbook quote. This is specifically from the award winning "Heart of Ice."

Mr. Freeze
"This is how I will always remember you. Surrounded by winter. Forever young. Forever beautiful. Rest well my love. The monster who took you from me will soon learn that revenge is a dish best served cold."

"Think of it Batman. To never again walk upon a summer's day with a hot wind in your face and a warm hand to hold. Oh yes, I'd kill for that."

"I'm beyond emotions. They've been frozen dead in me."

"In my nightmares I see my Nora behind the glass begging to me with frozen eyes. How I've longed to see that look frozen on you!"

"I failed you. I wish there were another way for me to say it. I cannot. I can only beg your forgiveness and pray you hear me somehow... someplace. Someplace where a warm hand waits for mine."

50Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:27 pm

Warpig372

Warpig372
Cadet
Cadet

Dark Knight Returns:

"There are seven working defenses from this position. Three of them disarm with minimal contact. Three of them kill. The other-- [KRAKK] --hurts."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum