The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need PC performance advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Need PC performance advice on Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:31 am

I have a e2500 dual core processor,(2.5 ghz dual core) 5 gigs of ram, and a 9500gt nvidia graphics card.

I get about 25-35 fps playing wow, and would like to improve that. I know a new gpu is in the offing, but any other advice?

View user profile http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

2 Re: Need PC performance advice on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:43 pm

elijahdprophet

PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster
What OS are you running? If it isn't 64 bit 5 gigs of ram is overkill.

A 9500gt is pretty good. Have you run any graphical benchmarking software? I would see where your machine is sitting running something like 3dMark before i worried about upgrading.

View user profile

3 Re: Need PC performance advice on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
Are you free and clear of spyware? Housecall.trendmicro.com is a free net based anti-virus/spyware site that'll help clean out your cobwebs.

------------------------------------
View user profile

4 Re: Need PC performance advice on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:36 pm

Joshua

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
How much free space do you have on your hard drive? You'll want to keep at least 10% of it freed up at all times. I second Eli's suggestion to run a 3DMark benchmark, that will help pinpoint issues.

View user profile

5 Re: Need PC performance advice on Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:51 pm

Denim

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Two words:

Flux Capacitor

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

6 Re: Need PC performance advice on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:51 pm

elijahdprophet wrote:What OS are you running? If it isn't 64 bit 5 gigs of ram is overkill.
A 9500gt is pretty good. Have you run any graphical benchmarking software? I would see where your machine is sitting running something like 3dMark before i worried about upgrading.

I am running Vista Home Premium 64. I tried downloading 3dmark advantage, and for some reason it wont work. It said on the site i should be fine to run it, so I will have to research the issue.

Mnemosis wrote:Are you free and clear of spyware? Housecall.trendmicro.com is a free net based anti-virus/spyware site that'll help clean out your cobwebs.

Did as you suggested, and surprisingly with the amount of downloading I do, i was clear.

Joshua wrote:How much free space do you have on your hard drive? You'll want to keep at least 10% of it freed up at all times. I second Eli's suggestion to run a 3DMark benchmark, that will help pinpoint issues.

I have over half my diskspace clear.

While I was trying to get 3dmark to work, i found another program called game booster. It shuts down some of your background processes while you play your games. I jumped up to around 55 FPS with that. Without being able to get 3dmark to work, I don't know what else to check.

View user profile http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum