Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

'X-Men: First Class' Thread

+51
FroZen
shining knight
Little_Goblyn
Gojiratoho
Joshua
boberthavok
Astro13Zombie
Goof
Denim
Spaced4SimonPegg
rwe1138
TENIME_art
Off_White_Lantern
krpykrwly
Airwolf
superdoug
MikeSabian
Janson
Ric Magnum
colossus1979
comicgeekelly
kerryart
Silent K
Combo Mo
Warren_Worthington IV
Paroxysm
Foreigner_Man
G_Zatara
shark6495
LordD3r3k
jaydee74
supervenom
ChrisToPhenom
shiky800
Mnemosis
dmahoney
Nymn
Spider_Fan14
Administrator
Batman25JM
vikoros
Debaser77
Sandman
Thundermatts
MillionDollarGeek
Aussiemandias
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Rath99
kidspider2099
Bigtymin504
55 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 16]

201'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:47 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Batman25JM wrote:

I would MUCH rather just have either an X-Men 4 or have this movie be a prequel to the others.

Also, if this has nothing to do with the past movies then why not make it the true first class and go with Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel and Iceman?

It is a prequel, and is in continuity with the other films. I too, would rather them have started from square one, and bring out the true "First Class". Why hold tight to a continuity that is already FUBAR?

202'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:52 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

I would MUCH rather just have either an X-Men 4 or have this movie be a prequel to the others.

Also, if this has nothing to do with the past movies then why not make it the true first class and go with Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel and Iceman?

It is a prequel, and is in continuity with the other films. I too, would rather them have started from square one, and bring out the true "First Class". Why hold tight to a continuity that is already FUBAR?

How is it in continuity if Beast is in the movie and it takes place in the 60s? Let's say he's 16 in the movie, that puts his birth in the forties. If X-Men: The Last Stand takes place in the not too distant future (so lets just say 2015) then he'd be in his 60s. That seems wrong. Oh whatever. I don't even care anymore.

They should just reboot it, start with the actual first class, and go from there.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

203'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Dude, I'm with you, but they're totally clinging to the continuity...even though it's fatally flawed. Even worse than Beast is Emma Frost, who was 16ish in Wolverine, but will obviously be late 20's early 30's in this. Oh, and Havok is in it? So....he's like 40 years older than Cyke?

204'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:03 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know why, but I'm continually baffled by the decisions that the movie studios make.

205'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:38 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

After reading the Singer interview, I am losing any enthusiasm for this film. They are not obviously holding to the movie continuity, since it will take place in the 60's and include Emma Frost (according to Singer) which conflicts with Wolverine Origins, nor to the comics, since only Beast of the original 5 seems to be in this film and Havok is in it and not "older brother" Cyclops (WTF???????). And Azazel-why in the hell is he in this film???? I'll have to wait until Marvel regains rights to the franchise before I am going to see an X Men film done right.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

206'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

I have no problem w/the move to the sixties..that is where the X-men series began and its themes originated from. It's renewed my interest in this film. I also like the idea of using sixties-style Bond tech. I do agree that it causes continuity problems, like Cyke's brother, but some like Emma Frost don't really matter in the long run..the girl from 'Wolverine' could just be some random girl who has emerald-skin named Emma, while the one in 'First class' could be the Hellfire version with a more Emma-like personality..it's not too much of a problem to me since in each of the first 3 films we had a different girl playing Kitty Pryde. I never found the Emma in 'Origins' to be the actual Emma anyway. Guys like Beast you don't have to worry about too much since in the 3rd film he didn't really have an established age. Personally I'm excited to see it using the issues of its time, like the red scare and Civil Rights movement, where the X-men work so well.

207'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:48 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:I have no problem w/the move to the sixties..that is where the X-men series began and its themes originated from. It's renewed my interest in this film. I also like the idea of using sixties-style Bond tech. I do agree that it causes continuity problems, like Cyke's brother, but some like Emma Frost don't really matter in the long run..the girl from 'Wolverine' could just be some random girl who has emerald-skin named Emma, while the one in 'First class' could be the Hellfire version with a more Emma-like personality..it's not too much of a problem to me since in each of the first 3 films we had a different girl playing Kitty Pryde. I never found the Emma in 'Origins' to be the actual Emma anyway. Guys like Beast you don't have to worry about too much since in the 3rd film he didn't really have an established age. Personally I'm excited to see it using the issues of its time, like the red scare and Civil Rights movement, where the X-men work so well.

QFT. Well said buddy. I don't get what problem people are having with the story taking place mostly in the 60s. This was always meant to be a movie about young Xavier and Magneto...when the heck did you expect it to take place? Modern day? Magneto is a Holocaust survivor as a kid, the 60s is when he would be a young man and meet Xavier.

And like you said, the era of the Civil Rights movement and Red Scare paranoia is perfect to explore Charles and Eric's differing philosophies on Mutant Rights and coexistence with humans. This has the potential to be very profound if done right...the question is whether or not Fox and Bryan Singer can deliver.

208'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:52 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I'd have thought the movie would take place in the mid to late 80s or early 90s. Frankly, they didn't even need to be specific about it.

209'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:55 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^I'd have thought the movie would take place in the mid to late 80s or early 90s. Frankly, they didn't even need to be specific about it.

I agree that maybe they shouldn't have been specific about it being the 60s, just cause that can sometimes limit you creatively. That's why writers are often ambiguous about specific dates and times. But I really like the idea of using the Civil Rights era as a backdrop for Charles and Eric's opposing philosophies. They've always been presented as sort of the mutant MLK and Malcolm X, so in that way I think it makes perfect sense.

210'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:36 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I prefer to not give a shit about what has come before and simply watch this movie, judge the content on the screen and hope to hell that it's decent. Is that just crazy talk?

211'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I prefer to not give a shit about what has come before and simply watch this movie, judge the content on the screen and hope to hell that it's decent. Is that just crazy talk?
yes and no...I agree that we should judge it on the content on the screen and I say that with each NEW movie coming out, IE the first in a series or whatever. (green Lantern I will judge by that movie alone) but not to give a shit about what came before it when it is based on at least 4 movies that came out before this one? it has to come togther in some way.

212'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:19 pm

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

first look at emma frost........what the?

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/50737892.html

213'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:42 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Laughing I'm guessing she's in Russia/Soviet Union?

214'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Airwolf wrote:first look at emma frost........what the?

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/50737892.html

Yep that's Emma Frost. I hope she wears the boobie pasties at some point in this...

'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Emma-frost

215'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:03 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Haha. Probably won't happen. It'd be nice to see her wear the liquid-paper "bra," but it's a PG-13 flick. ...guilty Maybe there'll be a nod to the costume in the psi-dimension place. You know how it's Tron-ish.

216'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:09 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I'd be down for that!

217'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:05 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fuck you, Fox. Fuck you.

218'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:54 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Set photos of a crash-landed Blackbird.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=26920

219'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:19 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Xfirstclass1

220'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:40 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Paroxysm wrote:'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Xfirstclass1
So. That's the cast, huh? Not bad. This comes out this year, right? Has there even been a trailer or anything to promote this movie yet?

221'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:43 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

The trailer should be out within a week.

222'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:48 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nice. Looking forward to this.

223'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:57 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ugh.

224'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:06 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Paroxysm wrote:'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Xfirstclass1

IDK I like this.

225'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Even more turned off by this after seeing that picture. I w\think I would sit through ID4 mult. times then watch this.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum