Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

'X-Men: First Class' Thread

+51
FroZen
shining knight
Little_Goblyn
Gojiratoho
Joshua
boberthavok
Astro13Zombie
Goof
Denim
Spaced4SimonPegg
rwe1138
TENIME_art
Off_White_Lantern
krpykrwly
Airwolf
superdoug
MikeSabian
Janson
Ric Magnum
colossus1979
comicgeekelly
kerryart
Silent K
Combo Mo
Warren_Worthington IV
Paroxysm
Foreigner_Man
G_Zatara
shark6495
LordD3r3k
jaydee74
supervenom
ChrisToPhenom
shiky800
Mnemosis
dmahoney
Nymn
Spider_Fan14
Administrator
Batman25JM
vikoros
Debaser77
Sandman
Thundermatts
MillionDollarGeek
Aussiemandias
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Rath99
kidspider2099
Bigtymin504
55 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 16]

26'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:00 pm

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

Somebody wake Kerouac up so he can go over his sentinel idea.....been hearing about that scene since the credits started rolling after the first x-men tongue

27'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:30 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I think I shared this somewhere else recently, but now that I'm awake:

Four teenagers are driving down the highway in a car, not really paying as much attention to the road as each other. The music's playing, they're joking around, whatever. Camera angle is moving back and forth, showing the kids' faces from different angles. There's a rumble, as if a jet has flown by too closely, and then you hear tires screeching and horns and crashing and as the kids turn to pay attention out the windshield, the camera angle spins to follow, and pans out through the windshield, focusing on two large feet in the middle of the road. The camera pans up and around the Sentinel, now showing us the view from the Sentinel's perspective. We see the outline of the car, and the thermal imaging signatures of the four passengers. Three are identified as human, one a mutant, and a lock is established as the Sentinel steps forward and leans down. We're back in the car as the roof is torn off, and the face of the Sentinel is RIGHT THERE. "Mutant apprehension in progress" the mechanical voice bellows.

Now, I don't care who you use for the young mutant, but for the sake of argument, let's go with Pixie. As the Sentinel reaches in, she shrugs off a coat, spreads he wings, and zips out of the Sentinel's grasp. Long shot as the Sentinel stands back up, outstretches an arm, and ordinance opens up, ready to fire. "Mutant attempting escape; target lock acquired" Suddenly, the Sentinel is struck in the face and rocked back, the missile flies wildly off course but again locks onto Pixie. We see Wolverine clawing the Sentinel's face apart as the rogue missile explodes behind Pixie, releasing a net hurtling towards her. Cyclops look back over his shoulder from the cockpit and yells "KURT!" Back to Pixie as Nightcrawler BAMFS in in midair, grabs her, and BAMFS out, letting the net fall harmlessly. A few feet away, they reappear and tumble to the ground, with Nightcrawler, tucking, rolling, and leaping to his feet in one swift move. "Do not fear, liebschien, my name is Kurt Wagner. Though in the Munich circus I was known as..." Scott yells with urgency "NIGHTCRAWLER!" "Ah, yes, I was just getting to that." He takes hold of Pixie and they BAMF out of sight as Logan is thrown to the ground right where they were crouched. He gets back up, torn to shreds, and begins to heal. He roars, ready to charge, but Cyclops intervenes over their communicators. "Logan! If you're done playing?" We see Iceman leap out of the Blackbird and ice-slide down to Wolverine, grabbing him along the way. They slide back up towards the Blackbird, but the Sentinel smashes the ice slide and they go flying. Jean, standing in the hatch, catches them in a telekinetic bubble while deflecting blasts from the Sentinel. "Oh, for... Auto-pilot, engage. Jean, civilians?" "All clear" And as we see Jean easing the two into the Blackbird, Scott emerges at the hatch. "Mutant targets..." An optic blast fills the better part of the screen, and levels the Sentinel. The hatch is closing, and we're at the interior of the Blackbird again, as Cyclops turns to the team. "Okay, does anyone have any idea WHAT the hell that was?" he asks (or something to that effect). Opening credits roll.

When you get back from the credits, we're en route back to Westchester. Nighcrawler and Meghan are seen in the back of the Blackbird, talking. She asks what that thing was. Jean comes back to explain that they were following a signal from Cerebro that led them to Meghan, and they happened across the robot attacking her. They don't know what it was, either. In the meantime, Cyclops is on an open channel to Xavier, furious that they were blindsided by this robot being there.

Eventually, you introduce Val Cooper as a government liason and reveal that the Sentinels have been produced covertly, yada yada yada. Throughout the movie, you seed some references to Apocalypse.

This movie takes place after X2 and has some references to the Phoenix, but she doesn't emerge until the next film, with Apocalypse attempting to harness it.

28'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:36 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

The whole idea of juxtaposing the Sentinels with the emerging Phoenix (which is likely part of how the end battle with the Sentinels is stopped, is to show the justification of humanity's fear of mutants, even if it is handled incorrectly. The Phoenix is exactly the reason mankind needs something like Sentinels, and yet they're not even able to stop her when she emerges.

In the next film, Logan has to kill Jean to keep Apocalypse from getting the power of the Phoenix for himself. He is just an Egyptian man in his early twenties with psionic powers and a healing/shape shifting ability, but you learn that he's millenia old thanks to feeding off of the life force of the weak, and has been seeking a power source that will sustain him indefinitely (ie the Phoenix). As he exudes power throughout the movie, he loses his youthful look, and humanity as a result, beginning to resemble the blueskinned, deformed Apocalypse of the comics and cartoons. As he starts to feed on Phoenix's powers, this is reversed, but when she's killed, he withers to "death"

29'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:48 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

The scene is really great, but I have two questions/problems:

- Why would the X-Men send the whole crew in costumes (it's not mentioned, but I'll assume they are) and in a operational jet just to find a young girl, not knowing that she's in danger? I'm aware to the fact there are dangerous mutants in the world and the X-Men don't always know what they're facing even when they come friendly, but I miss the days when Xavier went - mostly alone, sometimes accompanied by one of his students - in civilian clothes and as friendly as possible to draft someone like Kitty Pryde.

- The presence of Jean would've to be explained if it continues the plot of X2. I'm all for developing Phoenix like that and not the way they did eventually, but how she returned from the lake must be explained.

Now, as for Apocalypse, I'm okay with everything except for him looking like he's in his twenties. Please no. On the other hand, I can't see the original look working on film. Take example from The Mummy minus the goofiness.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

30'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:52 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

as long as they keep singer away from superman i am happy

31'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:56 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Screw Superman.

As of now no one gets near Superman.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

32'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:42 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Screw Superman.

and i am ok with that

33'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Taking about X-Men Origins: Magneto, X-Men director Singer admmitted:

"This story would probably utilise some of the Magneto story because it deals with a young Magneto, so it might supersede that because this would explore that relationship between a young energetic professor and a disenfranchised victim of the Holocaust."

"It's basically about the formation of the X-Men. How they began and the relationship between a young Xavier and a young Magneto.

more interview: http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/SuperGamer/news/?a=13056

I think this could be damn good. Singer did a great job with the relationship between Xavier and Magneto in his X-films so I expect more of the same here.

34'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:25 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Taking about X-Men Origins: Magneto, X-Men director Singer admmitted:

"This story would probably utilise some of the Magneto story because it deals with a young Magneto, so it might supersede that because this would explore that relationship between a young energetic professor and a disenfranchised victim of the Holocaust."

"It's basically about the formation of the X-Men. How they began and the relationship between a young Xavier and a young Magneto.

more interview: http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/SuperGamer/news/?a=13056

I think this could be damn good. Singer did a great job with the relationship between Xavier and Magneto in his X-films so I expect more of the same here.
agreed this sounds like a cool prequel

35'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:51 pm

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Oh, cool, that sounds good. I'd like to see a movie about Xavier and Magneto in their early years.

36'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:07 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I keep forgetting this is PoP! and not WUMB-I had the same thread on there. But I'm still interested in this film...

37'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:19 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Screw Superman.

absolutely positively agreed. Wink

38'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:21 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/03/18/bryan-singer-talks-about-x-men-first-class-and-his-return/

I definitely wouldn't mind if Singer oversaw all the X-films at FOX, they were at their best when he was at the helm.

39'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:03 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't feel anything about this one way or the other. I'll just wait and see.

40'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:26 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I don't feel anything about this one way or the other. I'll just wait and see.

Yeah, this will be another wait for DVD

41'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:32 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I don't feel anything about this one way or the other. I'll just wait and see.
Pretty much what I was gonna say.

42'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:33 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

Yeah, this will be another wait for DVD

Sneak into the theater! Wink

43'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:57 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Sneak into the theater! Wink

Ha! But that implies I want to see it Wink

44'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:29 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Sneak into the theater! Wink

Ha! But that implies I want to see it Wink
Laughing tongue

45'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:23 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

well it cant get much worse right? As I stated in the Superman thread, X-3 felt like I was watching a movie version of the play pits i set up as kids: GI Joe versus the X-men versus The Turtles versus Jurassic Park..... Then again though this is the same guy who gave us a jelly fish senator and the all black leather motor cycle gang known as X-men.... so im split. Ill probably end up seeing it and regretting..... but shoot who knows as long as there are no adamantium bullets that cause magic memory loss.....

edited cause i dumb

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

46'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:22 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Singer is NOT directing X-Men: First Class now, but producing it.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/108/1080331p1.html

I have a feeling this might lead to him to directing Wolverine 2, or maybe even a longshot X-Men 4.

47'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Matthew Vaughn (Stardust, Kick-Ass) offered X-Men: First Class

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/04/30/matthew-vaughn-x-men-first-class/

48'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:45 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So they offer it to the second director of X3? Priceless.

49'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:46 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Stardust, now there was a great movie

50'X-Men: First Class' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'X-Men: First Class' Thread Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:59 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Stardust, now there was a great movie

I didn't see it, is that sarcasm or no? I can't tell. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum