Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marvel March 2010

+4
Administrator
Nymn
comicgeekelly
Bigtymin504
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Marvel March 2010 Empty Marvel March 2010 Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=24147

2Marvel March 2010 Empty Re: Marvel March 2010 Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:56 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Looking forward to Siege, X-Men: Second Coming, the developments with Herc!

Oh and this...

Marvel March 2010 SIF_1

wub

3Marvel March 2010 Empty Re: Marvel March 2010 Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:00 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WTF!?!? 5 Issues of ASM in one month! and for some reason one of them is $3.99.

4Marvel March 2010 Empty Re: Marvel March 2010 Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:13 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:WTF!?!? 5 Issues of ASM in one month! and for some reason one of them is $3.99.
I think March has 5 Wednesdays. Laughing

5Marvel March 2010 Empty Re: Marvel March 2010 Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:58 pm

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Shouldn't there be four, then? They're supposed to skip a week!

6Marvel March 2010 Empty Re: Marvel March 2010 Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:15 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Not to mention, Peter Parker,Spider-Man Magazine, ASM Presents: Jackpot and Web of Spider-Man.

"We're going thrice-a-month", they said. "No need for more than one Spider-Man title", they promised.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

7Marvel March 2010 Empty Re: Marvel March 2010 Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:40 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Looking forward to Siege, X-Men: Second Coming, the developments with Herc!

Oh and this...

Marvel March 2010 SIF_1

wub

This was expected. The LCD, the Marvel way. Rolling Eyes

8Marvel March 2010 Empty Re: Marvel March 2010 Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:58 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have about 20 books counting the 5 ASM's books that I'm getting and 3 maybe's. Good thing I'm only getting like 7 DC Books that month.

9Marvel March 2010 Empty Re: Marvel March 2010 Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:18 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:This was expected. The LCD, the Marvel way. Rolling Eyes
Whatcha means by "LCD"? huh

10Marvel March 2010 Empty Re: Marvel March 2010 Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:46 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

new twelve! and written by chris weston as well!

awesome!

11Marvel March 2010 Empty Re: Marvel March 2010 Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:21 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:This was expected. The LCD, the Marvel way. Rolling Eyes

Sex appeal is big in comics in general. Marvel tends to push this more oft than not, in situations that makes one scratch their head, especially when they often say that they are "trying to bring in more female readers" (which make it seem fairly laughable). While one would say "how is this different from other comics", again, I would point out that Marvel as of late, has been a little worse than some in this regards. This is something I've noted for a long time while on the Marvel boards and part of the reason why I got into a feud with Friskydingo long ago. In any case, LCD is lowest common denominator.

12Marvel March 2010 Empty Re: Marvel March 2010 Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:13 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

Sex appeal is big in comics in general. Marvel tends to push this more oft than not, in situations that makes one scratch their head, especially when they often say that they are "trying to bring in more female readers" (which make it seem fairly laughable). While one would say "how is this different from other comics", again, I would point out that Marvel as of late, has been a little worse than some in this regards. This is something I've noted for a long time while on the Marvel boards and part of the reason why I got into a feud with Friskydingo long ago. In any case, LCD is lowest common denominator.
Ah I figured you meant "lowest common denominator" but wasn't sure. I'm not sure I see Marvel as pushing the sex appeal thing any more than most though...DC has been sexualizing a very jailbait-looking Supergirl for some time now. I mean Witchblade's costume alone has set the women's rights movement back a decade or two.

Haha I remember Friskydingo, don't think he posts anymore but he was pretty cool.

13Marvel March 2010 Empty Re: Marvel March 2010 Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:27 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

Ah I figured you meant "lowest common denominator" but wasn't sure. I'm not sure I see Marvel as pushing the sex appeal thing any more than most though...DC has been sexualizing a very jailbait-looking Supergirl for some time now. I mean Witchblade's costume alone has set the women's rights movement back a decade or two.

Haha I remember Friskydingo, don't think he posts anymore but he was pretty cool.

I think the issue is where Marvel pushes some characters who have a limited fanbase whereas other characters (male most often) who have larger fanbases and richer backgrounds are left with nothing. Furthermore, and I honestly, don't know if the writers or editors can be faulted, when female characters, not interesting in any way, are promoted over others, it bothers me. X-men is a hotbed for this, with Emma Frost, Pixie, Blindfold, Psylocke (how she got her own series is beyond me) and others, at the expense of Prodigy, Dust, Nightcrawler, and even Rockslide. As you said, all comic companies are guilty of this but I feel Marvel's is alot more pronounced in this respect. In any case, like with most new series, if the story sucks, I won't but it and DL it for the art. Laughing

14Marvel March 2010 Empty Re: Marvel March 2010 Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:02 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

So is Loeb's comic taking the place of Ultimate Comics Avengers?

If this happens I may be able to drop Marvel all together, cept maybe Dr. Voodoo, and Doom War.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum