The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

X-Men: Second Coming

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 13]

101 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:11 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:The only thing I can think of was that he wanted to save himself a good teleporter for later, though it is more likely that it was not a plot decision based on common sense but rather Marvel or Fraction having a hard-on for Pixie, seeing as how they sexed her up and have been pushing her like crazy since (and some ways before) X-men 500.

I don't think anyone's really "sexed" Pixie up, at least not intentionally. Only thing I can think of that sexed her up recently are Greg Land's pencils of her...but Land physically can't draw non-sexed up females for some reason so I don't see it as anything more than that.

View user profile

102 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:26 pm

elijahdprophet

PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster
I have been out of X-books for a while, but started reading again with Messiah Complex.

Ariel is a character I don't think I had seen before so her death didn't really hit me all that hard. What DID stick out is that she was a teleporter whose mutant power only worked on doors, which sounds really lame. Personally I don't like when genetic anomalies create such specific "magic" powers.

I am liking this series so far, and I ordered the X-Force trades to get the back story of the black ops team.

View user profile

103 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:53 am

shiky800

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
i have to say this story is put together very well. i like it so far

View user profile

104 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:23 am

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
elijahdprophet wrote:I have been out of X-books for a while, but started reading again with Messiah Complex.

Ariel is a character I don't think I had seen before so her death didn't really hit me all that hard. What DID stick out is that she was a teleporter whose mutant power only worked on doors, which sounds really lame. Personally I don't like when genetic anomalies create such specific "magic" powers.

I am liking this series so far, and I ordered the X-Force trades to get the back story of the black ops team.

Best part about Ariel? I've been reading everything, I think I've seen her... twice before?... and I didn't know that limitation to her powers till she flat out said it, here.

Now... I'm shocked no one's mentioned the off panel death of a teleporter. Cars have doors. I'm wondering if she's REALLY gone. I didn't trust her, and now she's "dead." We'll see about that.

------------------------------------
View user profile

105 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:35 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
X-Force #26: Second Coming Chapter 5

***SPOILERS***

I both loved and hated this. The art was GORGEOUS, just GORGEOUS. I LOVE Choi's art. I can't praise it enough. Though he too drew toe claws for Rogue.

I hated that Nightcrawler was the one to die. I knew it would be him. I called it the minute that they announced someone would die (yes, I know others did too), but I was hoping I would be wrong. I especially hoped that it wouldn't be him since they really telegraphed it from the start of this crossover.

I loved the fight between Rogue and Bastion. I am curious though. How are Rogue's powers working now? I know she can control her powers now, but how long does she keep a power?

Have they given any indication of what Hope's powers are? I'm hoping that she can somehow revive Nightcrawler. I know it's a near impossibility, but I can hope.

I'm just pissed that Nightcrawler is dead. He's one of my favorite X-Men. It's like it's impossible for all my favorite X-Men alive/around at the same time. My favorite X-Men are: Beast, Wolverine, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler, and Angel (I like Iceman and Rogue a lot too). We JUST got Kitty back and now Nightcrawler is gone. To add to that Beast isn't on the team anymore.

View user profile

106 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:43 pm

Batman25JM wrote:X-Force #26: Second Coming Chapter 5

***SPOILERS***

I both loved and hated this. The art was GORGEOUS, just GORGEOUS. I LOVE Choi's art. I can't praise it enough. Though he too drew toe claws for Rogue.

I hated that Nightcrawler was the one to die. I knew it would be him. I called it the minute that they announced someone would die (yes, I know others did too), but I was hoping I would be wrong. I especially hoped that it wouldn't be him since they really telegraphed it from the start of this crossover.

I loved the fight between Rogue and Bastion. I am curious though. How are Rogue's powers working now? I know she can control her powers now, but how long does she keep a power?

Have they given any indication of what Hope's powers are? I'm hoping that she can somehow revive Nightcrawler. I know it's a near impossibility, but I can hope.

I'm just pissed that Nightcrawler is dead. He's one of my favorite X-Men. It's like it's impossible for all my favorite X-Men alive/around at the same time. My favorite X-Men are: Beast, Wolverine, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler, and Angel (I like Iceman and Rogue a lot too). We JUST got Kitty back and now Nightcrawler is gone. To add to that Beast isn't on the team anymore.

I'm upset as well. Now we have Pixie all the time everytime to look forward to (ugh). Excuse me, I'm going to go and be sick now. shake my head After this, I'm done with X-men, which should make me done with Marvel.

View user profile

107 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:53 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Pixie is lame.

So how did Nightcrawler die? I dropped this book after issue 19 or something.

Now I sorta feel like keeping his Bowen mini statue, I dunno. Or maybe more people would want it.

View user profile

108 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:05 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
prescribeddrone wrote:Pixie is lame.

Now I sorta feel like keeping his Bowen mini statue, I dunno. Or maybe more people would want it.

Spoiler:

He teleported in front of Hope as Bastion was about to ram his fist into her. He took the hit and it went through him. He did manage to teleport Hope back to Utopia/safety before dying.

View user profile

109 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:19 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Wow, what an epic/heroic death.

View user profile

110 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:28 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:Pixie is lame.

Spoiler:

He teleported in front of Hope as Bastion was about to ram his fist into her. He took the hit and it went through him. He did manage to teleport Hope back to Utopia/safety before dying.

It may have been where he teleported and the fist/arm appeared around his body (so that it was in him). I need to check that again. I'm blanking on which one it was right now.

prescribeddrone wrote:Wow, what an epic/heroic death.

It was. If he had to go out, at least he went out a hero.

View user profile

111 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:14 am

NOT KURT!

I'm going to miss the Elf in the X-Men for sure...
did they kill him off just cuz they're trying to push Pixie now?
I mean, Nightcrawler is far superior, c'mon now...
oh well...sad...he died a hero for this so-called "Messiah"...we'll see

View user profile

112 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:35 am

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
X-Force #26, Second Coming: Chapter 5

**Spoilers**

It happened. Crying or Very sad After all the speculation, Nightcrawler's sacrifice wasn't any less heart-wrenching. As bummed as I am about one of my all-time favorite X-Men biting the dust, the death was still a heroic one and a hell of a way to go out. Rogue and Kurt put up a damn good fight against Bastion (who looks awesome after his transformation btw). Kurt saved Hope and possibly saved all of mutantkind. He believed in Hope but now I think the rest of the X-Men will have second thoughts about whether this fight is worth fighting, especially Logan.

Gorgeous art by Mike Choi too. If it were possible, I would have loved to see him on every issue of this.

Act 1 of Second Coming is done, and it was fantastic. Looking forward to the rest of the story and hoping the quality stays this good.

View user profile

113 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:31 am

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
X-Force #26

Marvel can't stop themselves, can they? And I don't mean death; I'm referring to spoilers. Sure, they never outright said who dies in this issue, but with solicits for forthcoming books, it was rather OBVIOUS who was missing.

Regardless...

X-Force #26 is a magnificent book. It loses half a notch for Marvel's sloppy ways of secretism (sp?), but other than that it's damn good. As said by many, Choi is a fantastic artist, easily forgiving for past mishaps brought forth by Greg Land and Clayton Crane. As we all know, penciling comics takes time, so it's always a pleasure to see work done with this much detail and care. All of the characters look fantastic, fluid enough, and as a whole, the comic sends off that epic, movie flair.

A lot of panels are dedicated to the death, so although emotions are mixed upon reception, I can only give credit where credit is due. See you soon with Uncanny.

4/5 Solicited Marvel Deaths - I was on the fence with this due to the lack of emotional impact since we all saw this coming; however, it'd be unfair to the creators who, otherwise, did a great job.

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

114 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:19 pm

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
http://panelsonpages.com/?p=22492

------------------------------------
View user profile

115 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:04 pm

G_Zatara

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
my review

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/x-force-26-review-spoilers-100429.html

View user profile

116 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:18 pm

Yo, I just read my X-Force and total bummer. We saw it coming but it still gets to you when such a cool character bites it. At least he went out like a hero.

View user profile http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

117 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Sat May 01, 2010 7:17 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That had to be the most epic hero death that I have read in a while. RIP Nightcrawler.

View user profile

118 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Mon May 03, 2010 2:38 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
X-Force #26
Second Coming: Chapter 05

I’m actually kind of glad that I didn’t have time to type up my review earlier and had a moment to reflect on what happened in this issue. Second Coming has been hitting us hard and fast, faster than I ever expected. With the state of decompressed story telling that we are used to in comics the events of this issue were so sudden that it took a little bit of time for this issue to actually sink in. Kyle, Yost, and the other X-writers are giving us a blockbuster story that we have been waiting for. The action sequences are drawn superbly and I love Choi’s art but I’m actually missing Clayton on this book. Every page of this book is worth reading and is just as beautiful to look at as it is important to the story. Choi does a great job capturing the pain on everybody’s faces and the art and story are truly moving.

The book opens with Bastion tracking all of the mutants with his Cerebra type technology that we found out he had last issue. He knows their whereabouts and he has all of the strikes orchestrated to be the most effective possible. Every move is calculated, but the unexpected was when he decided to take matters into his own hands. Communications are disrupted and the teams are going blind, they are under constant onslaught and some of the team members are completely mentally distracted. (Like Colossus, who is dealing with the loss of his sister who was sucked away into another dimension in a previous battle.)

The first surprise of the issue is Bastion taking matters into his own hands. I was actually confused when I first saw him in his new battle armor. Who would have thought that a hybrid of Bastion, Master Mold, and Nimrod would end up looking like an even more sinister cybernetic version of Archangel? He has decided to engage the primary target, Hope, himself and the action of this battle with Rogue and Nightcrawler is intense. Every panel you see the team exhaust themselves, never giving up, defending mutantkind’s Hope.

The conclusion to this issue just came way too soon. There is a tragic loss as another almost 1% of the mutant population falls. It seems wrong that there isn’t even really a moment to reflect on it. The team, under constant assault, isn’t going to have much time either. When an X-man falls we are supposed to get issues dealing with the loss right? I mean there are few issues out there as touching as the issue where Colossus supposedly died many years ago. I don’t think we will see Marvel’s mutants deal with this loss until the fall out issues from this great event.

5 out of 5 fallen X-Men. For people that miss the X-Men stories of old…this is a must pick up story-line.

View user profile

119 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Mon May 03, 2010 4:20 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:X-Force #26
Second Coming: Chapter 05

I’m actually kind of glad that I didn’t have time to type up my review earlier and had a moment to reflect on what happened in this issue. Second Coming has been hitting us hard and fast, faster than I ever expected. With the state of decompressed story telling that we are used to in comics the events of this issue were so sudden that it took a little bit of time for this issue to actually sink in. Kyle, Yost, and the other X-writers are giving us a blockbuster story that we have been waiting for. The action sequences are drawn superbly and I love Choi’s art but I’m actually missing Clayton on this book. Every page of this book is worth reading and is just as beautiful to look at as it is important to the story. Choi does a great job capturing the pain on everybody’s faces and the art and story are truly moving.

The book opens with Bastion tracking all of the mutants with his Cerebra type technology that we found out he had last issue. He knows their whereabouts and he has all of the strikes orchestrated to be the most effective possible. Every move is calculated, but the unexpected was when he decided to take matters into his own hands. Communications are disrupted and the teams are going blind, they are under constant onslaught and some of the team members are completely mentally distracted. (Like Colossus, who is dealing with the loss of his sister who was sucked away into another dimension in a previous battle.)

The first surprise of the issue is Bastion taking matters into his own hands. I was actually confused when I first saw him in his new battle armor. Who would have thought that a hybrid of Bastion, Master Mold, and Nimrod would end up looking like an even more sinister cybernetic version of Archangel? He has decided to engage the primary target, Hope, himself and the action of this battle with Rogue and Nightcrawler is intense. Every panel you see the team exhaust themselves, never giving up, defending mutantkind’s Hope.

The conclusion to this issue just came way too soon. There is a tragic loss as another almost 1% of the mutant population falls. It seems wrong that there isn’t even really a moment to reflect on it. The team, under constant assault, isn’t going to have much time either. When an X-man falls we are supposed to get issues dealing with the loss right? I mean there are few issues out there as touching as the issue where Colossus supposedly died many years ago. I don’t think we will see Marvel’s mutants deal with this loss until the fall out issues from this great event.

5 out of 5 fallen X-Men. For people that miss the X-Men stories of old…this is a must pick up story-line.

Great review! It truly was one of the issues of the year, easily.

View user profile

120 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Mon May 03, 2010 7:48 pm

LordD3r3k

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote: Second Coming has been hitting us hard and fast

View user profile

121 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Wed May 05, 2010 7:36 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Uncanny X-Men #524
Second Coming: Chapter 06

I was actually surprised that the X-creators took the time to pause all of the action to mourn their fallen comrade. This issue was a solid point in the story that falls into place with Bastion’s master plan. The X-Men were forced to fall back and regroup on Utopia. Bastion’s intentions with his Plan B (which is now Plan A) were to have the majority of the mutant population on the floating asteroid for a massive attack. We find out that this was his reason fro having provisions ready to eliminate teleporters from the playing field. They are pretty much crippled from battle and now we find out exactly what was happening with the prisoners that Danger looks over and discover Bastion’s further plans.

The issue still dealt primarily with the X-Men’s loss. Cyclops is called out by just about everybody. Every single one of them wondering if Hope was worth the loss. We do see some of the regrouping aspect of this battle as well. We see that Karma has lost her leg, Magneto has woken up, and Kitty Pride is still a mute ghost.

The team celebrates the life of their fallen comrade and note the loss to their mutant family. Emotions run high and words are said. Things don’t go over any better in the Second Coming Revelations Hellboud.

If you cry a little bit during this issue, don’t feel bad. You probably didn’t have time to wrap your head around the loss when it happened. This reflection on an important element to the X-Men, basically their soul, left me feeling a little empty for a moment as well. Sadly it also reminded me that the world lost David Cocrum just a couple years ago.

Fraction did an okay job. I still can’t wait for him to not be on the X-titles anymore. Dodson’s art was average at best, but when you are already sad reading this book it doesn’t surprise you how dark the art is. Basically imagine a soggy day in the Pacific Northwest or England and that was the tone of the book.

4 out of 5 Moments of Silence

Second Coming Revelations: Hellbound #1 of 3

Much like the X-Factor book this is another subset story involving Second Coming. Basically this is where we find out what exactly happened to Illyana Rasputin when she was removed from the battle field. Yost does a good job and it seems fitting seeing as he was the author of the last trip the New X-Men had to Limbo. He does an excellent job deeling with each characters conflictions regarding the situation.

The team that was sent on the mission will make things interesting as well. I had to look at the team spread when they ported in and a weird movie preview type image went through my head:

The Fairy…The Thief… The Lizard… The Rocket… The Dream... The Blur... The Star.

This being Pixie, Gambit, Anole, Cannonball, Trance, Northstar, and Dazzler. This was quite an eclectic team, and this will definitely be a story worth reading. Everybody is probably asking themselves how Colossus is not on this team. I don’t even think I can spoil his conversation with Cyclops about that. I will just say it got a little rough, but Cyclops kept a cool head and made a command decision.

Even some of the members of this team were apprehensive about going. You can’t really blame them with what happened last time they were there. Pixie isn’t fond of Illyana and views her as a monster that stole part of her soul and tortured her and her friends. Anole recalls loosing an arm. Everybody else either plays good soldier or just wants to know why they were chosen.

The book blasts off to Limbo. For a place that takes shape based upon who is in charge, the hell awaiting them isn’t pretty. Not to mention there is the flashback story at then that tells the story of how Illyana got her soul sword. I would have to say this is good. I’m sure not everybody has been reading comics for 20 plus years.

I look forward to the rest of this individual story and can’t wait to see more. I wish that the Avengers editors and staff could take a note on this X-Event. This is what a X-over should be like.

4 out of 5 New rulers of Limbo

View user profile

122 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Thu May 06, 2010 2:37 am

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Uncanny X-Men #524 - Second Coming: Chapter 6

Heartwarming and heartbreaking issue. I'm glad they slowed things down a bit after the blitzkrieg of Act 1. We saw Magneto wake up and meet Hope for the first time, that relationship should be interesting. And Bastion's mole inside Utopia got to work. Plus it was nice to get a short glimpse at Kitty. Then the X-Men honor their fallen brother, and I don't think it could have been done better. Even Hank shows up, and lets Scott have it. The end with the eulogies, especially Logan's, will be sad for any X-fan to read...

...excuse me I have something in my eye.

View user profile

123 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Thu May 06, 2010 11:19 am

hrdwrkngXsoldier

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I still say that this funeral wasn't as sad as the the issue after the "death" of Colossus. That issue where they had kitty walking with his "ashes" and they started putting up the word bubbles of the conversation he had with his father from Giant Size X-men #1. I still think it would have been better if #1) They dealt with it after the whole war. #2) If they had let this happen in a chapter written by someone other than Fraction.

View user profile

124 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Thu May 06, 2010 3:04 pm

I'm curious why more effort wasn't put into discovering who Hope's parents were. I feel like that alone could indicate something. Just a random thought that wouldn't go awat while reading this.

View user profile

125 Re: X-Men: Second Coming on Thu May 06, 2010 3:17 pm

RE: Uncanny X-Men #524

Aside from a few note-worthy moments, like Hope meeting Kitty and Mags for the first time. This issue was kinda yawn-worthy. Yes, I wanted Kurt to have a fitting memorial issue, but it was rushed (as we are in the middle of a big storyline)and small given Nightcrawler's HUGE FANBASE. Also,I'm not really getting the whole Cyclops-Beast conflict that's going on right now. Why does Hank hate Scott so much again? It seems kinda forced. Would Hank really scream that when Kurt's body is in a coffin overhead? how disrespectful

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum