Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

X-Men: Second Coming

+21
G_Zatara
TheBrownLantern
elijahdprophet
Jango Fett
Ric Magnum
comicgeekelly
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Kearstin
DickGrayson007
blue halo
Mnemosis
shiky800
Fresh03
shark6495
Batman25JM
hrdwrkngXsoldier
prescribeddrone
Nymn
Bigtymin504
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

26X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:49 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:^^^ See, I made the assumption that it was going to be one of the three in the original teaser they put out last week with Scott, Emma, and Mags saying "One will Lead..." but Cable makes sense if it isn't one of those three, he's been wandering fairly aimlessly through the MU for quite a while and while I've liked his role as Hope's protector it's gotten tired after a year plus treading water.

And the next one will say... "one will switch sides..." its like the marry fuck kill of the marvel univers.

27X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:54 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is a GREAT summary of the major events in the X-verse over the past decade or so...leading up to Second Coming.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/106/1065221p1.html

28X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 SecondComing_OneWillRise_02

29X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:32 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

told you, marry, fuck, kill

30X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:05 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 X-Men-2nd

31X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:15 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 SecondComing_AllWillUnite_02

32X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:44 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The preview book is out, and if you didn't get it... Yell at your LCS. I enjoyed it and it got me excited for what is to come. We do get teased about who dies, our clue it was someone Wolvie respects enough to call friend.

33X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:54 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I hope this X-over wraps things up nicely. I was majorly disapointed with the Messiah War. It was hyped a lot, but didn't even come close to the hype. It will be exciting to see who bites it, though. As for the Cable title, I dropped after the War.

34X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:37 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Batman25JM wrote:
Over the past couple years they've had...

Messiah CompleX
Messiah War
Original Sin
Utopia
Necrosha

I'll read it because I want to know what's going on, but I'm not happy.

To be fair, while Necrosha has touched three different books, they were up front about the fact that each book was its own story. You didn't need to read New Mutants to understand ANYTHING happening in X-Force, and so forth.

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:The preview book is out, and if you didn't get it... Yell at your LCS. I enjoyed it and it got me excited for what is to come. We do get teased about who dies, our clue it was someone Wolvie respects enough to call friend.

It's Rogue.

She's on, like, five of these covers, and Magneto is seen with the body. I guarantee it's Rogue, and frankly, I'm fine with that. The character has been squandered for a long damn time now, and if someone's going to die, it might as well be her.

Now, I'm curious about "sacrifice" on the group shot of X-Force (which includes Cable.. SQUEE!). Who's sacrificing what?

35X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:23 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Over the past couple years they've had...

Messiah CompleX
Messiah War
Original Sin
Utopia
Necrosha

I'll read it because I want to know what's going on, but I'm not happy.

To be fair, while Necrosha has touched three different books, they were up front about the fact that each book was its own story. You didn't need to read New Mutants to understand ANYTHING happening in X-Force, and so forth.

True, but it is still a crossover, and it is still effecting those books. You might not need to read it for X-Force, but if you were reading X-Men: Legacy the regular story is interrupted for the crossover.

I just wish they'd let the books be for a while. It's always something.

Mnemosis wrote:
hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:The preview book is out, and if you didn't get it... Yell at your LCS. I enjoyed it and it got me excited for what is to come. We do get teased about who dies, our clue it was someone Wolvie respects enough to call friend.

It's Rogue.

She's on, like, five of these covers, and Magneto is seen with the body. I guarantee it's Rogue, and frankly, I'm fine with that. The character has been squandered for a long damn time now, and if someone's going to die, it might as well be her.

Now, I'm curious about "sacrifice" on the group shot of X-Force (which includes Cable.. SQUEE!). Who's sacrificing what?

The death that Wolvie is talking about happens prior to Second Coming right? I mean, didn't the preview take place prior to Second Coming starting?

I have a feeling the friend that Wolvie is talking about is Warpath. When I hear him use the term friend I immediately think of 3 people: Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Warpath. Given what is going on in X-Force I have a bad feeling about Warpath's fate.

Seeing Stuart Immonen draw the X-Men depressed me. I want him on Uncanny. His art is awesome, and I can't take Land anymore.

36X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:35 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Batman25JM wrote:
True, but it is still a crossover, and it is still effecting those books. You might not need to read it for X-Force, but if you were reading X-Men: Legacy the regular story is interrupted for the crossover.

The death that Wolvie is talking about happens prior to Second Coming right? I mean, didn't the preview take place prior to Second Coming starting?

I have a feeling the friend that Wolvie is talking about is Warpath. When I hear him use the term friend I immediately think of 3 people: Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Warpath. Given what is going on in X-Force I have a bad feeling about Warpath's fate.

Seeing Stuart Immonen draw the X-Men depressed me. I want him on Uncanny. His art is awesome, and I can't take Land anymore.

Still disagree. Legacy had no ongoing narrative that was interrupted, and the only thing these issues had to do with Necrosha was that's how Irene and Proteus came back. Think about it... if you hadn't read any other Necrosha books, would your experience reading Legacy have been significantly different? Or would this just have been another X-Men mission where people came back from the dead? Cause frankly, I wish Uncanny could have waited and brought Betsy back as part of Necrosha, too, instead of that asinine story they told.

Now, as for Warpath... I guess maybe. They DID just amp up Rhane's strength and senses, making Warpath even less useful on the team, but... the body under the sheet doesn't look like it'd be Jimmy. Nowhere NEAR bulky enough, if you ask me. And a little too white. I also can't imagine Wolverine would call Warpath friend. Sorry. Kurt, Peter, Betsy, Rogue, James Hudson. Maybe Maverick. Maybe Charles. I don't see ANY other X-family member getting THAT honor from Logan. James is dead. Charles, Maverick, Peter, and Betsy just came back from being "dead." It's not Kurt. It very nearly HAS to be Rogue in my eyes.

37X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:12 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

Still disagree. Legacy had no ongoing narrative that was interrupted, and the only thing these issues had to do with Necrosha was that's how Irene and Proteus came back. Think about it... if you hadn't read any other Necrosha books, would your experience reading Legacy have been significantly different? Or would this just have been another X-Men mission where people came back from the dead? Cause frankly, I wish Uncanny could have waited and brought Betsy back as part of Necrosha, too, instead of that asinine story they told.

Now, as for Warpath... I guess maybe. They DID just amp up Rhane's strength and senses, making Warpath even less useful on the team, but... the body under the sheet doesn't look like it'd be Jimmy. Nowhere NEAR bulky enough, if you ask me. And a little too white. I also can't imagine Wolverine would call Warpath friend. Sorry. Kurt, Peter, Betsy, Rogue, James Hudson. Maybe Maverick. Maybe Charles. I don't see ANY other X-family member getting THAT honor from Logan. James is dead. Charles, Maverick, Peter, and Betsy just came back from being "dead." It's not Kurt. It very nearly HAS to be Rogue in my eyes.

I guess Legacy didn't really suffer from the crossover. I wasn't reading it prior so I wasn't really sure. It was just an example to try to show that while it might not be a big effect, Necrosha is effecting books. I guess I'm just tired of these events and status quo changes. It really doesn't feel like we are getting any time to let one breathe and be fleshed out before we are swept up into something else.

As for the friend thing, I agree with all the people you listed being the ones that Wolverine would call friend. It's just when I read it the first three names I thought of were, like I said, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Warpath. Now, I'm not as in the know about the X universe as you are. I've only been actively collecting comics for about 4 years, and I haven't read a good share of the older stuff yet (other than the stuff from the last decade I've read from about 1975-1981/82 and then from about 1991-93 in the X books). I was just going on what I've seen in X-Force, and while he might not be as close with Warpath as he is with the people you listed, I can still see a friendship there.

I don't see Betsy being killed because, as you said, she just came back. I don't think they'd kill off Colossus since he has already died and hasn't been back for too long. I don't think they'd kill off Charles after all he's recently gone through, but they might. He's almost become obsolete with Scott taking charge. Kurt scares me. I think he might be the one that is killed during the event. I hope not, but we'll see. As for Rogue, she is another strong possibility, but with her finally getting control of her powers, I don't see them wanting to kill her off right now. Then there's Warpath. He would be easy to kill off since he isn't doing much other than X-Force. He'd be a death that might have some impact, but not be devastating, and that makes me think he might be the one.

Also, we might be putting too much thought into it. Writers aren't infallible, and just because Wolverine wouldn't call every teammate a friend doesn't mean that the writer (wasn't it Mike Carey?) wouldn't still use the term. So, frankly it could be anyone.

38X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:28 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Your suggestion that it could be anyone is upsetting, but true. Logan could be talking about Gambit, for all we know. Hell, if Fraction were writing it, it could be Mr. Sinister.

But I don't think it's Kurt. Didn't we see a white hand on a body?

39X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:44 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I you're right about the hand. I'll have to check. I read the thing at like 2 in the morning and I was tired so I didn't pay very close attention.

And you're right about it possibly being Mr. Sinister with Fraction being involved. Laughing

40X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:11 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Men: Second Coming #1 preview

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=4749&disp=table

Out next week. Smile

41X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:55 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

^orphanmakers look cool.

42X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:10 am

Kearstin

Kearstin
Pirate
Pirate

Is it bad I already want to cosplay Hope? lol

http://www.1womanshow.com

43X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:53 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kearstin wrote:Is it bad I already want to cosplay Hope? lol
Just remember that she's underage, so try not to be sexy when you do, if possible. neutral

44X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:25 pm

Kearstin

Kearstin
Pirate
Pirate

Bigtymin504 wrote:Just remember that she's underage, so try not to be sexy when you do, if possible. neutral
AH DAMN YOU'RE RIGHT lol
At least my tits are small enough b wahah

http://www.1womanshow.com

45X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:00 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Men: Second Coming #1

This was a really good way to kick off an X-event. It felt like one of the classic X-Men stories. I feel like it served us fans that have been following this story since Messiah CompleX, yet at the same time was totally accessible for new readers. I loved how Scott totally took command once he realized it was time. You could tell he had this planned out since the day he sent Hope off with Cable. And the little discussion of "faith" between him and Kurt was nicely done too. Kyle and Yost seemed to have everyone's voices and relationships down in this, from Hope and Cable to Logan and X-23. Looks like Kurt and Psylocke and company are onto X-Force too, should interesting how that plays out in this story. Plus it was great to see Cyke's Alpha X-Team in action...that is a badass line up.

The final scene with the villains revealing themselves was cool too. Those are some classic mutant-hating villains in that "Human Council". The art by David Finch was solid, although I haven't been a huge fan of his interiors since Ultimatum. I guess you could say it's left a bad taste in my mouth lol. His storytelling may not be the best, but his covers and eye-candy splashes are still some of the best in the biz.

46X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:24 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Men: Second Coming #1

I actually really enjoyed this. I wasn't too excited about the event until now.

After this issue I REALLY wish that Kyle and Yost had been writing Uncanny X-Men, and that Finch had been doing art for the last year.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing a typo)

47X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:55 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kyle & Yost SHOULD write Uncanny. They should be the main guys from the X team of writers.

I am skipping Second Coming with monthly's and getting the trade whenever I see it for a cheaper price, however I picked up the first chapter and it's great. Finch is amazing and his style TOTALLY fits these type of action books. My favorite part was in the 2 page spread where Wolverine killed the guy through the windshield.

48X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:59 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:X-Men: Second Coming #1

I actually really enjoyed this. I wasn't too excited about the event until now.

After this issue I REALLY wish that KYle and Yost had been writing Uncanny X-Men, and that Finch had been doing art for the last year.

THIS

prescribeddrone wrote:Kyle & Yost SHOULD write Uncanny. They should be the main guys from the X team of writers.

I am skipping Second Coming with monthly's and getting the trade whenever I see it for a cheaper price, however I picked up the first chapter and it's great. Finch is amazing and his style TOTALLY fits these type of action books. My favorite part was in the 2 page spread where Wolverine killed the guy through the windshield.

AND THIS. I'll look out for the trade and wait until Kyle and Yost (or Morrison) are writing X-men. Until then, I'll skip over this.

49X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:03 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

THis issue was amazing, and I'll be reviewing it on the main site shortly. Just one question... did it seem out of character for Colossus to punch straight through a windshield and throw a van full of humans? Could we be seeing a turn that will be developing? Even Illyana noticed...

50X-Men: Second Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Men: Second Coming Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:06 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:THis issue was amazing, and I'll be reviewing it on the main site shortly. Just one question... did it seem out of character for Colossus to punch straight through a windshield and throw a van full of humans? Could we be seeing a turn that will be developing? Even Illyana noticed...

Possible. Colossus has killed before. It may have something to do with Kitty's return and him not being able to touch her. Honestly, at this point it could be a good myraid of things. But you're right, I found it odd that he went straight for the kill-shotpunch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum